Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Brute Force [Mission]

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Brute Force [Mission] Empty Brute Force [Mission]

Post by Chigetsu Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:33 am

Spoiler:

Adjusting to life as a shinobi was difficult, but it was something that Chigetsu was able to get used to slowly. At first it had been a rough and rocky road, but each mission came easier than the last. The best part of it was that rarely did she have to do anything by herself. So far there had almost always been a partner there with her. Someone she could rely on to either guide her through things or do the majority of the work. Taking on missions like this had originally just been a way for her to earn a little extra cash on the side, but now it was beginning to feel like a real job or something. Every few days she would wake up and take a new one now. They were all just simple and basic chores, and so none of it was exactly fun, but for some reason getting outside and doing things with other people felt… good? It difficult first. Getting used to some of the more prickly personalities that she met was hard, but the fact that there was a cash incentive made it easier to not just retreat back into the comfort of her NEETdom.

And so another day would begin, where Chigetsu would slip into what was quickly becoming a routine. Wake up, take a shower, eat a small breakfast, get dressed, and get down to work to earn that bread. Most mission had been so minor and simple that she rarely ended up actually reading the description until showing up to where had been designated- Something that was a terrible habit, but Chigetsu was mostly just a bundle of terrible habits that disguised themselves as a person. And so when arriving at the market district just as dusk approached, she would find herself a bit unprepared when she found out what the actual mission description was.

“This is related to that graffiti thing…”She would mumble aloud, thinking to herself. Chigetsu recalled having to clean up some of this mess before with Calis. That had been… an interesting experience. “... teach them a lesson?” Scanning over her copy of the mission document, she found herself profoundly not understanding what the implication here was. ‘Beat the delinquents or install fear’ was pretty self-explanatory, but… beat people up for graffiti? Chigetsu was entirely unaccustomed to physical violence. The extent of their shinobi training was in ninjutsu applications, and their experience so far with missions had all mostly just been physical labor.

Looking down for a second at her weak, thin noodle arms, Chigetsu would begin to wonder how exactly she was going to get out of this.
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Brute Force [Mission] Empty Re: Brute Force [Mission]

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:42 am

Appearance CP:

With Katsumi in her comatose state and Daisuke on some sort of vacation Hana found her only student that was available was her newest addition to her team, Chigetsu. She didn’t mind the girl, though finding her introverted personality a bit of a flaw was something Hana was willing to put aside. She was kind enough and not completely autistic when it came to meeting new people. Hana figured within a month or two she would mend well with the group. She was even looking forward to getting Chigetsu and Daisuke to meet. Something like a water park she figured would be best, but only time would tell.

With her standard military gear set she would leave her apartment and make haste to the meeting point she told Chigetsu to wait at a few days prior. It was nice to give herself and others time to prep themselves for a mission. Especially when the mission was “beating up delinquents” she figured a Genin was not so accustomed to violence as higher ranking Shinobi. Upon meeting up with Chigetsu Hana would raise a hand and wave casually to the bubblegum haired girl. “Nice to see you outside again. You still have that sword I gave you, right? I have a feeling you might need it for today’s mission.”

Reaching inside her cloak she would retrieve a small scroll which contained the mission details. Opening the scroll she’d pull both ends apart getting one more glance at the contents before handing it over to Chigetsu. “Some thugs have been harassing local businesses. Our job is to ‘teach them a lesson’ per se. I’m not the best with words, so intimidation is out of the question. Besides, I feel I can teach you a thing or two about throwing a punch.”

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:42 am

Upon hearing Hana’s voice Chigetsu would immediately scrunch the scroll she had been reading up, crunching the mission statement up a bit in surprise. Taking a moment to wrap it all back up into a neat looking scroll again, almost as good as it had been before the scrunching and crunching, it would be shoved back into her hip pouch. The comments that Hana had made about Chigetsu’s lack of gear the last time they had met had made an impression on the small girl, and she had used the proceeds from that mission to purchase a good deal of shinobi gear. She was wearing a pretty well stocked hip pouch now, along with a few holsters stuffed full of sharp and pointy things. Nothing major, but it was a start. What Chigetsu wasn’t wearing was the baldric and the sword, which had been stashed away in her apartment and practically framed on her wall like some sort of trophy. She hadn’t thought to wear it now though, and as the words processed in her mind she began to wonder exactly what kind of mission this was going to be. Using a sword like that to…

“N-No! I fo… I didn’t think to bring it.” She would shoot a small, embarrassed smile over to Hana.I’m sorry, I didn’t think I would need to bring a big sword like that for this… I mean, are… Are we supposed to kill them?” Chigetsu would sort of force that out, perhaps asking something a bit too direct.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 am

Hana was pleased to see Chigetsu taking her job as a ninja a bit more serious. A sword was practical and minimalist, but now it seems Chigetsu invested the time and money into stocking herself with the appropriate pouches and holsters. She figured they were all stocked with gear (or at least hoped so) making her a battle-ready fighter. She had pretty much everything a ninja needed, but one curious thing to note was the lack of the ninjato Hana selflessly gave her. She didn’t take it personally. After all it may not have been her taste. Hana liked to carry swords around despite not being proficient in Kenjutsu. To her swords were like a status symbol. Especially in Kirigakure where the Seven Swords were a thing and served as the city’s prized treasure.

“Kill them? I don’t think so. I mean, no we shouldn’t kill them. But you don’t have to always target lethal areas when using a sword. You don’t look strong enough to lop off limbs or do any of that stuff anyways. But you’re probably right. I prefer Taijutsu myself. If you ever invest in the path of close quarters it is wise to start with unarmed combat. It is mostly non-lethal, but after enough practice you’ll get to my level where your hands and legs can very much serve as lethal weapons. I don’t demonstrate now. Perhaps later when we find us some bad guy. But enough of that for now. Let’s get to hunting.” Hana would beckon Chigetsu to follow as Hana led her down the main road straight into the heart of the city. Downtown was a good place to start when sniffing out thugs.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 am

Chigetsu didn’t really understand how combat worked, apparently. They had always just thought that sword went in, blood came out. The idea that you can stab people non-lethally wasn’t something they had considered before, although all their ideas of combat were theoretical and imaginary. To be honest, they knew more about fighting through reading about it in books than actual training. Still, the confirmation that killing wasn’t the intention here caused an audible sigh of relief from the young girl. It was probably easy to read off Chigetsu’s expressions now, but she hadn’t been the most comfortable with the idea. She was exceptionally soft for someone in this line of work.

Taijutsu though? Unlike their experience with kenjutsu through being terrible at it whenever her family’s tutors had come and tried to teach her, Chigetsu had literally no experience with Taijutsu. The concept of it was interesting though, even if alien. “Taijutsu…” Mumbling to themselves, Chigetsu would nod her head at Hana’s instructions. “I guess that’s good. I was never really good with swords anyway. People always told me if I wasn’t a Hozuki I’d have cut off both my arms already…” It was supposed to be a joke, but Chigetsu’s awkward delivery left a bit to be desired.

She would follow after Hana as she beckoned, following down the main road right into the heart of the city. Most of this was semi-foreign, with Chigetsu only recently getting used to the non-Hozuki District parts of the city. Downtown especially wasn’t something that the young girl was used to, and when the scenery would begin to noticeably change Chigetsu would end up spending a lot of time visibly gawking at her surroundings, like some sort of tourist.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 am

Hana was at least comfortable knowing she wasn’t the only black sheep in the city. She was certain even Daisuke had more experience in swords than her. Hana didn’t really get the joke, though, assuming Chigetsu was truly as incompetent as it seemed. Seeing how she was capable of somehow blowing her arm up she wouldn’t doubt that Chigetsu sliced herself more than once when practicing with a blade. It was probably why she left it at home in the first place to not make a fool of herself. Academy Students at least had some experience with the basic ninja tools and they were admittedly a lot easier to use. Given how small they were it would be a lot less likely to misjudge its length and nick oneself.

Leading Chigetsu into town Hana would continue to explain to the pink haired girl the wonders of Taijutsu. Finally she had someone to talk their ear off about. Even if Chigetsu wasn’t as interested as she was she didn’t really have a choice since she was under her supervision. “Well you’re in luck, Chigetsu. You’re looking at Kirigakure’s only Taijutsu master. Your other teammate, Katsumi, is the only other Kirigakure ninja I know of that is close to my level. I know the Chuunin Exams are coming up, so if you ever run into her in a duel I suggest you keep your distance. I’m not kidding when I say Katsumi’s Taijutsu ability it equal to that of a Jounin. She hits hard and moves at speeds most Genin wish they could achieve.” The two of them would break off from the main road and head towards an ally. Hana felt taking a shortcut would be for the best. As the Mizukage it was best to stay out of public as much as she could for security reasons.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:44 am

Kirigakure’s only Taijutsu master? Chigetsu’s eyes would light up at that. Hana was already sort of a celebrity due to her Mizukage status, but hearing that made her sound a little bit like a superhero. Or some sort of character in a in interesting novel. That excitement would disappear as the Chunin Exams would be mentioned though, although Chigetsu would still pay attention to Hana’s lecture. She would nod on cue with what felt appropriate, although as she was walking behind Hana she probably wouldn’t see any of it. “Katsumi… That’s Kitsumi’s sister? I think she mentioned her a little bit… Are both of them going to sign up for the Chunin Exams?” The idea of having to get into a fist fight with Kitsumi was scary enough, but imagining a Kitsuki that was super strong and good at fist fighting was a bit too much.

“That sounds … Will there be other genin like Katsumi at the exams?” Judging by the way that Hana was talking to her, Chigetsu could only assume the answer was no, but it was necessary to ask either way. With how Chigetsu had been feeling about the Chunin Exams lately, the prospect of running into a bunch of Jounin level combatants was… Well. It was beginning to make her reconsider the idea.

“I don’t really know anything about Taijutsu. I’ve never been in a …” Chigetsu had never been in a fight at all before, but realizing how bad that sounded to admit that she would temper it back. “I’ve never been in a fist fight before.”

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:44 am

Hana was surprised to hear Chigetsu know about Katsumi already. Or at least she heard of her sister, Kitsuki. “I hope so. Katsumi has been sick for the past week or so, so I’m hope she’s getting better. Kitsuki should be signing up, though.” As the both of them continue down their path Hana heard something slip from the little girl’s mouth which caused an alarming shock to run down her spine. It was so much of a shock Hana stopped dead in her tracks and grabbed Chigetsu by her shoulder. Not hard, but with enough force to yank the girl from her current momentum. “YOU NEVER BEEN IN A FIST FIGHT?”

To Hana this was a sin. Kaguya were raised in combat. She was fighting since she was six years old. And the thing about Kaguya fights is they were generally no limits. Given the clan member’s natural regeneration and durability it was common for them to beat each other to a pulp. Hana lost all of her original teeth by the age of nine, and a few adult teeth given her time as one. This was no problem, though, as the teeth were easily regrown. It was a neat perk the Kaguya had which prevented crooked, rotten, or missing teeth ever. “They don’t make you guys spar in the academy anymore? Or did you just ditch? That’s really terrifying. Do you know what it’s like to get hit?” Hana was a bit worried knowing the girl had no real combat experience. Moving boxes was one thing, but she was worried Chigetsu might actually get jumped during this mission. At least if Hana didn’t intervene.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:46 am

Chigetsu would stop hard. Having Hana stop dead in her tracks already tipped her off that she had said something wrong, but then being yanked as she was made the poor girl freeze up like a deer in the headlights. “I’m sorry!” She would immediately squeak out, closing her eyes tight in a perpetual flinch. “I never had any siblings or anything and all the training I had as a kid was with swords and just I was never really good at that either so…” Immediately she would begin making excuses, the entire train trailing out of her mouth a mile a minute, so fast it probably was just smushed together gibberish. It took a moment for her to calm down and actually respond to the questions that Hana had asked.

“I… The Hozuki had their own private….” Explaining the situation was hard since all of it flew over Chigetsu’s head in the first place. Private tutoring instead of the academy was probably part of what left the girl so awkward and lacking in social experience, especially given how little of the training she had soaked up. “I don’t know what it’s like to be hit either, I’ve never been…” Saying that was actually inviting being just punched in the face.

“I’ve never been punched, but I don’t think it would matter either way…” She would look down now, trying to figure out how to explain her way out of the Mizukage giving her a crash test in the art of taking a punch to the face. “M-My Clan’s special ability.... I’d just melt before feeling it anyway…”

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:46 am

Hana took Chigetsu’s reaction as proof. The way she squirmed and flinched at the sign of a rough housing was proof that the girl was as squishy as she seemed. Talking about squishy her arm felt like she was grabbing a sack of jello. Admittedly Hana was a bit jealous knowing someone had better skin than her. It wasn’t like Hana actually put work in preening herself. Not nearly as much as Chigetsu. Hana ate horrible food, wasn’t nearly as hydrated as Chigetsu, and didn’t bother with feminine products. She was a tomboy to say the least. While Chigetsu smelled pleasant and had smooth skin, Hana hadn’t showered in the past three days and likewise has not changed any clothing during those three days either. She got what she paid for to say the least.

Hana never really had direct siblings. In fact that was something she shared with Chigetsu too. But she still made an effort to play with those in her district. Perhaps it was a cultural thing. While not having brothers or sisters she was very open with her cousins. The Hozuki on the other hand must be very independent. Maybe that’s what money did to you? The Kaguya had only recently discovered a slew of wealth so they weren’t exactly raised by it over generations. It explained the girl’s social awkwardness. “Melt? Let me see….” Raising her hand up to Chigetsu’s face Hana would flick her index finger at the girl’s nose. Given her strength the flick carried the potential energy of a soft punch by an ordinary person with ordinary strength. Needless to say her face wound sting though she would be saved from any direct physical harm.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:46 am

Despite all her efforts, it seemed like Chigetsu wouldn’t be able to escape getting punched in the face. Her state of shock would grow a bit further and she would almost lean back as Hana raised her hand. With the way that Chigetsu was cowering you’d think she had been savagely beaten as a child, but it was more of her inner cowardice rather than any past experiences that drove her to flinch at Hana’s actions. The fact that she didn’t form a fist would be a bit of a relief, at least until Chigetsu realized just how strong Hana was. The flick to her nose carried enough force to liquify her entire head, reverting it into water almost reflexively. Hana’s index finger would then pass right through Chigetsu’s nose, like she had just flicked her finger into a wash tub full of water. The impact would force a bit of water to splash out from the back of Chigetsu’s head onto the pavement behind her, and the backlash of the impact would splash a bit of the water (Chigetsu’s face) right back into Hana’s face, due to how close they were. Chigetsu’s entire head would wobble a bit, transforming to having an almost gelatin consistency for a few moments after the impact before it could return to solid flesh and blood again.

Chigetsu would be noticeably a shade paler after her face reformed, and whether that was from the lost fluids or from the shock that Hana’s flicking had so much force was hard to tell. Even though she had been struck Chigetsu didn’t feel any pain from the blow, and so the fear was entirely instinctual.

“Y-...” She would have to take a moment to swallow, her mouth now dry. “The Hozuki Clan’s Hydrification… We can turn our entire body into water. It’s kind of like a reflex, it just happens whether I want it to or not.” Chigetsu didn’t expect that she would be giving a demonstration of her clan ability like this today. “This is just how our bodies are… Did you not know that? I thought as the Mizukage you’d be familiar with...” Thinking back now, if Hana didn’t understand how the Hozuki Clan were with their bodies, that scene back at the cargo hold of that boat must have made absolutely no sense to Hana.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:47 am

Hana was taken by surprise when Chigetsu’s head completely turned into liquid. It was translucent at that removing any suspicious she had with her organs being like jello. Hana cooed in amazement at the girl’s clan ability. Sure the Kaguya had regeneration and incredible tough bones, but nothing like reducing their body into liquid. It was as if Chigetsu could become ethereal and take zero damage whenever she wanted. And after all of that the girl’s face would become solid again and gain color. It was very advanced Ninjutsu at play here that Hana didn’t doubt was at least A-rank or even S-rank. The girl murmured something before clearing her throat and actually make sentences.

“Well, let’s get one thing straight. I’ve been Mizukage for a week now. But that aside, being Mizukage doesn’t mean I suddenly gain 300 IQ. I mean, sure I have access to archives and lore but I’m not really the type to ‘snoop’ into books when I don’t need to. I just knew the Hozuki had to do something with water and they were pretty well-off people. Looking past that, though, it’s pretty nice to know what your clan’s ability is.” Hana at least had a better opinion of Chigetsu after the demonstration. But soon the two would have less time to dilly dally as they approached an abandoned warehouse. As Kirigakure grew a lot of businesses went out of commission as new businesses made their way onto the scene. These old buildings were favored by drug addicts and thugs alike given how little police and ninja paid attention to them. They were mostly undisturbed until instances arose when ninja were looking for specific criminals, like the instances now. Stopping at the end of the ally before the side street she’d turn to Chigetsu again. “We might run into some trouble here. So now is the time to make sure you have everything you need. Most importantly Taijutsu, since that was the preferred method we agreed upon. How much do you know about Taijutsu currently?”

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:48 am

She couldn’t help but feel a bit guilty after Hana’s explanation of not having 300 IQ. She hadn’t meant to insult her intelligence, it was just that after years of only living in the Hozuki District Chigetsu was a bit surprised that there was anyone who didn’t know about what the Hozuki could do in Kiri. It was honestly a bit naive, but now that Chigetsu knew this it changed his outlook on things. Maybe she should be keeping his special ability a little bit more of a secret rather than just assume everyone already knew? She would nod her head a bit after Hana’s explanation, settling back down into a state of relative calmness.

“I know the Kirigakure basic self-defense stuff. Not really much other than that.” Nothing at all other than that. Chigetsu would make the approximation of the stance for the Kirigakure basic self-defense skills. It looked like it was almost right. “I’ve never really had a chance to uh, to use it or anything.” Maybe obvious since she already admitted to never having had been in a fist fight before. Still, knowledge and ability to more or less replicate a stance was better than her talents in Kenjutsu. Even with all those years of training she couldn’t get any of the stances in Kendo right. After a few seconds of holding that stance Chigetsu would return to normal. “Is it okay if I just try to copy the stuff you do?” Lacking all the years of practice, muscles, and discipline, it was unlikely that Chigetsu would end up incredibly skilled in Taijutsu after just watching Hana do it and attempting to splatter their fist into a few other people’s faces, but she would probably learn at least something doing that.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:48 am

Hana couldn’t help but roll her eyes when Chigetsu mentioned the ‘Kirigakure Basic Self-Defense’ or KBAS (Kirigakure Basic Art of Self-defense most commonly referred to in the Academy.) It seemed like pretty good stuff to an inexperienced fighter, but to any Taijutsu adept it was impractical and essentially set you up for failure in a real fight. The girl shoddily forced the generic stance which forced Hana to intervene. She didn’t want to have Chigetsu risk actually remembering the god awful Academy fighting stance.

“Hold up. Let’s not do that. I have something better to show you. But before I do I need you to promise something first. What I’m about to show you is a Taijutsu style taught by my clan. This is a Kaguya specialty and not something commonly given. You would be the second person not in the clan to learn this technique, and I intend to keep it that way. So, first things first. Fix your posture. Stand more upright, turn more to the side, curl your fingers and show your palms. You want to have greater range and to make yourself a smaller target.” Hana would demonstrate by making the stance on her own breaking down what she said into actions one step at a time to not get ahead of Chigetsu. Once Chigetsu got into her posture she would continue by showing the girl some basic striking maneuvers and kicks. First, she’d start with the most basic jab. “Now you’re ready to fight. In a fight it is important to get the first strike on your opponent. That makes them weaker and easy to counter. The best way to do that is with Mach Punch. You want to clench your leading hand into a fist and extend out. Don’t focus too much on power as your body’s momentum will do most of the damage.” Lowing her own guard she’d step into Chigetsu’s reach. “Go ahead and try it on me.”

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:48 am

She hadn’t considered the possibility of secret Taijutsu styles. Chigetsu would nod at what Hana was saying and immediately drop her shoddy imitation of the KBAS stance. The mention of it being special and secret made her take this a whole lot more seriously than she would have with any sort of other training. Having something special passed down to her made her feel special now, even if Chigetsu definitely didn’t deserve it. She had half a mind to voice these concerns, wanting to mention that she definitely hasn’t done anything special or earned special training like this, but Chigetsu knew better than to look a gift horse in the mouth. Instead she would simply do as Hana instructed when it came to the stance, or at least her best approximation of what Hana wanted. Chigetsu would stand up straight as a board before turning flat to the side as instructed. Curling her fingers and showing her palms, she would put each step together and vaguely mimic something that might have looked correct. Once Hana demonstrated it Chigetsu would be able to form correct, mimicking it pretty well. “Like this?”

She would swivel her head at the kicking and striking, although still frozen obediently in the stance that she had been instructed to stay in. Hana at her full speed would be more or less a blur to Chigetsu, but with her showing these moves for the point of demonstration it was a bit more manageable.The basic jab would be mimicked a few seconds after Hana had demonstrated it. Making a fist and jabbing it out, Chigetsu would punch out into nothing. It was a test before she would turn to Hana.

Readjusting the stance a bit awkwardly to face her teacher, Chigetsu would do her best to repeat what she had just been shown. Jabbing her fist out, she would collide her clenched hand right into Hana’s stomach, assuming that she would let it happen. It was a bit awkward and imperfect, with Chigetsu being no genius when it came to hand to hand combat, but it was at least along the right path. Her fist would splatter a bit if it came in contact with Hana’s body, with Chigetsu’s squishiness not being able to hold up against the trained body of a shinobi. It would leave a little wet spot in Hana’s clothing where she made contact.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 am

Hana observed Chigetsu’s stance like a hawk, making sure she got it right. After all a good stance was the foundation of any Taijutsu style. To her surprise the girl caught on fairly not being much of a disappointment. Hana assumed the girl was smarter than she looked despite being such a shut-in. The Mizukage nodded. “That looks about right. You never want your opponent to get on the outside of your. Always stay directly in line with your opponent. After all the purpose is to make yourself a smaller target and amplify your attacks. Now, go ahead and demonstrate your punch.” After all of Hana’s demonstrations she was surprised to see Chigetsu making ‘practice jabs’ in the air. She was curious as to what the girl wanted to accomplish with it. The entire reason why Hana offered her body as a punching bag was to help gauge where her weaknesses were.

The first punch came out when Chigetsu was confident in her ability. After facing Hana the Mizukage stayed watching Chigetsu judging her stance once again and watching her body get ready to throw the jab. She extended her arm and it pounded into Hana’s abdomen. The pain was...non-existent which was just about as much as Hana expected from a Genin. It wasn’t entirely her fault. Only a hardcore trained Taijutsu adept would be able to cause any form of harm to Hana’s body. And another thing she noticed was the girl’s hand nearly busting. She felt a quarter cup of water splash upon contact running down her flak jacket and trickle onto her pants. Hana rose one eyebrow in disbelief. “What the Hell was that? Do you have control over your body liquifying? I’m sure that punch couldn’t been harder if you didn’t lose half your knuckles. Try again and I’ll show you some other things.” As far as Hana was concerned the punch was performed correctly. Chigetsu just needed to get her clan’s ability under control. But once she succeeded Hana would move onto other Taijutsu technique.

“Very good. Now the Mach Punch technique is to start a fight, but here are some basic strikes you want to use frequently in combat. Speed is important in close quarters combat. It allows you to pursue a long-range fighter or retreat from a mid-range attack. This move is called Magnificent Dancing Petal. It’s a simple acrobatic maneuver involving several back-to-back handsprings. Taijutsu is more than just striking, after all. It is all technique encompassing the body.” Hana would then demonstrate for Chigetsu. Upon executing the technique her speed would multiply appearing almost as if she was teleporting. “You use your upper body strength to continuously increase your velocity in your flips.”

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 am

Her fist would quickly reform as it was pulled away, and Chigetsu would pull it back to stare at the tips of her knuckles a bit. She hadn’t expected her fist to liquefy like that on contact, but after punching into Hana’s abdomen it made sense. It felt like she had just punched a brick wall or something. Given her fist liquefied partially on impact she hadn’t felt any pain, but now she was wondering if punching people was supposed to hurt your hand a little bit. If so, Taijutsu would be a little hard for her. “I don’t really have too much control… I think it was just because your body is so…” Chigetsu would turn up to look at Hana again. She didn’t want to say ‘It’s because you’re so shredded’, but little else was coming to mind. “You’re so strong, it was like punching a wall. I think it would have been fine if I was hitting someone who wasn’t as… Uh, who didn’t have as much training.”

Thoughts of amplifying her punches with her clan’s big meaty arm technique came to mind, but the idea of doing it was a little distasteful. The way that Hana had looked at her the last time she used it, combined with how her arm had a tendency to explode when becoming so ripped didn’t make it an appealing thing to use. Maybe in real combat it would be fine to use, but certainly not in training like right now.

Taking a step back once Hana mentioned the next technique, Chigetsu would give her some space to avoid getting accidentally kicked in the teeth. This turned out to be unnecessary, as the technique that Hana pulled off would instead allow her to catapult around so fast that it looked like she was disappearing and then reappearing somewhere else. With how it looked like Hana was teleporting to Chigetsu, she had no idea how she was supposed to replicate it. “You just… Flip around a lot really fast on handsprings?”

Chigetsu would take a look down at the ground. Trying to flip like that would end up being really embarrassing if she messed up. It would get all her nice clothing dirty, especially as they weren’t in the nicer areas of town anymore where the streets where clean. Chigetsu was pretty agile, but still… Swallowing down her fear, Chigetsu would attempt to do as Hana had done. Chigetsu would only get a spring and a half completed before stopping, having been sent wildly off balance and careening over to the side. She would just barely manage to get back onto her feet steadily and avoid falling face first into the pavement, but it was safe to say that this one would take a little bit more training.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:51 am

Hana found Chigetsu’s lack of control over her clan’s ability a bit of a weakness in her book. Especially when the girl was incapable of throwing a basic punch. She wondered if her body always naturally responded to threats, like a paper cut or something minor or if it was only for major impacts. The way Chigetsu tried to describe Hana’s body was humorous to her. She’d chuckle softly under her breath. “Right, I kinda get where you’re coming from. You probably don’t know a whole lot about my clan, so I’ll give you the rundown. You did know I was apart of a clan, right? Kaguya isn’t just a name. Anyways, we have the ability to control our body’s bones. We can fashion them into weapons and do all sorts of cool stuff. But more importantly our bones are tougher than usual. They’re stronger than ebony. So you feeling uncomfortable when punching my body is a bit natural. But you know, until you train your body up you will feel some pain when using Taijutsu. It’s just natural. You’re using your own flesh and blood to bludgeon someone.” Hana hoped Chigetsu understood that Taijutsu took some blood and sweat to actually get good at it. Hana’s knuckles and palms had callouses instead of soft, plushy feminine hands like Chigetsu. It was a natural sacrifice, but a well worthy one.

The lesson continued with the handspring technique. Hana noticed the girl was not very trained in tracking high-speed movement. Hana was no speed demon herself, but she was fairly capable. The way Chigetsu described her movement was a bit embarrassing on her end. The technique relied on speed to be effective. Slowing it down would be moot. “Uh...yeah, pretty much. You just push and roll off your hands and feet. Put a lot of effort into it and see what happens. And always make sure you know where you’re heading. You wouldn’t want to crash into the wall or something.”

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:51 am

A little dizzy from the flipping, Chigetsu would nod her head somewhat confusedly. She knew about the Kaguya in theory, but… Chigetsu had never really taken any of this stuff seriously up until very recently. And it was one thing to just read about something in a book and another to experience it in person. Hearing about someone who had control over their bones was pretty strange, but really actually not at all strange together with someone who could liquefy their body. Chigetsu would accept it silently, even they couldn’t imagine whatsoever what ‘controlling your bones’ meant. Probably it helped with Taijutsu? The idea of turning bones into weapons was completely unimaginable to the inexperienced girl though.

“Don’t you get dizzy doing it? You did it a lot faster than I did.” That was probably something that just came with training, but the inexperienced Chigetsu found it perhaps a bit more amazing than it actually was that Hana could move like she did. Not just the speed, but the circular motion. Given that her last attempt had been unsatisfactory though, Chigetsu would steady her stomach and try again with Hana’s new instructions. Chigetsu was no acrobat, even if they had the sort of natural flexibility that would make one jealous, and so it would still be rocky on their second try. Actually managing to land on your hands and feet was much easier than Chigetsu expected it to be on the second try, with each point of contact with the ground slightly liquefying into a squishy-gelatin like substance that would help spring her into the next movement. It would continue a good deal longer than the last one had, up until Chigetsu would spring herself right into a wall and splatter across it.

Hana was correct to note that Chigetsu was not very tained in tracking high-speed movements. Especially not her own. She had been functionally blinded by moving like that, even if she could coordinate her body to successfully go through the motions successfully. Peeling herself off the wall, Chigetsu would be coated now with a layer of gross dirt, which would adhere in an uncomfortable way with their partially liquid body. Clearly disgusted, she would turn back and make an unsettled face as she saw the extent of the damage. Everything would have to be washed again as soon as she returned home. She was tempted to just crash into the washing machine herself and let it run through a few spin cycles honestly. Getting dirty was bad enough, but the fact that she had just crashed right into a wall after Hana had specifically said to try not to was enough to make the girl as pink as her hair in embarrassment.

“Blegh…”

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:52 am

Hana watched Chigetsu recover from the handspring as she appeared to have had her world turned upside down. It was perhaps a lot worse than Hana thought. The girl commented on dizziness as Hana tried to explain. “Not at all. When you train your body to track high speed movements, what appears to be normal is now slow. And what is fast is now ‘normal.’ I don’t expect you to be able to track high speed movements overnight. It takes hours and hours of observation and focus. You’re literally training your mind to process movement. But with that said you should really consider getting a ton more practice in training your perception. Because it is a lot more than just high speed movement. It helps with your accuracy and your overall awareness of your environment. Not being in tune with your surroundings makes you a fool for sneak attacks and ambushes, which is overall very bad for your allies and your objective if you’re in an escort mission. I know your clan has that water ability, but that only covers your weakness, and not your teammates. Besides, I’m sure it costs a significant amount of chakra to change your body’s properties like that.”

But that was enough of her lecture. She wanted to see how well Chigetsu performed, and perform was an understatement to what Hana just witnessed. The girl gave a good starting effort managing to pick up significant speed at the start but beelined straight into a red brick wall. Hana could’ve intervened but she felt it was a good lesson for the girl to experience. Hana couldn’t mommy the girl all the time otherwise she wouldn’t learn, or worse she might become dependent. As the girl splashed against the wall she watched as her body instantly turned to water. It was quite amazing to see her entire body transform. To see her body entirely turn into water was like she disappeared completely. “Bravo. Does that dirt get stuck inside your body? Like, is there a bunch of germs and garbage floating inside your body right now? Or does it get cycled out. Regardless, there are two more things I can show you, but we should actually clear out the warehouse soon. We don’t want them moving out and target another store while we’re training out here. This technique is a standard kicking technique which has countless applications. It’s called ‘Birds of Paradise. You’ve seen me do it before, so give it a try. That and an uppercut technique. The uppercut is a pure power move, so it serves as the opposite as Mach Punch. Try these both on me and we can continue with our mission.”

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:52 am

“Yes.” Chigetsu would answer the question, visibly grumpy at the fact it was true. She would have to wash so hard to get all that dirt out of her system. It was such an incredible pain. Chigetsu had a strong focus on cleanliness because of this, as well as a few other reasons, that was part of what resulted in their especially feminine appearance. Bathing regularly and keeping good care of your skin and hair was both important to Chigetsu because it made her feel good, but also just to make sure there wasn’t any disgusting gunk that would get stuck inside her body and float around. The idea of gross dust and dirt swirling in her body made her want to gag.

She would release a bit of that grumpy energy after a few moments though, not wanting to let it interfere with the training. Chigetsu would just… ignore how dirty she was. It wasn’t as if she had a change of clothing or anything either. “Birds of Paradise. Uppercut.” She would repeat it to herself, her voice noticeably a tone deeper after that uncomfortable incident with the dirty wall. At the very least it had knocked the nervousness out of her system, although what replaced that anxiety was maybe not ideal either. Both had been demonstrated earlier. Chigetsu still remembered both, and as a result they were easy to mimic. The kick came naturally. With legs somewhat longer than the average girl her age, she would be able to command more power with the Birds of Paradise than she would just through a simple punch. Feeling the air cut around her body as she swung her leg up did feel nice, although maybe this wasn’t the most ideal sort of fighting style to be using while wearing a skirt. As much as she loved wearing them, Chigetsu was beginning to see how they could become a problem for a shinobi. She would repeat the kicking a few times into the air just to practice, balancing on one leg while stretching out her other coiled limb to strike like a springing viper. Or a flamingo? It was called Birds of Paradise. Either way, she was a lot more comfortable with it than what she had been attempting earlier.

“I think I might have to wear pants if I do any kicking like that.” She would take a look down at her skirt, and for once she would begin to wonder if it was a little too short. “But I think it’d be a lot easier to do rather than punching. It’s… more natural.” It was hard to explain. Maybe her opinion of it all would change after a bit of real combat practice though. With practicing out of the way, Chigetsu would attempt a real kick against Hana, striking a bit more solidly now into the woman than her earlier attempt at punching. Chigetsu was obviously a bit more suited to this, although maybe it was just all becoming more natural as she was being taught now. Her leg would only liquefy a tiny bit on contact, not enough to leave a bit wet mark like before, but enough just to reduce the impact of the blow.

The uppercut came next, and Chigetsu couldn’t help but feel a little bit silly when practice striking into the air. Next would come trying it out on Hana, and the idea of going for a chin shot on her with the uppercut also just felt… Strange. Hana was a good deal taller than Chigetsu was, so it was natural to want to go for a higher up strike like that to the underside of the chin, but doing so in practice made the girl flinch a little bit. Even though Chigetsu knew it wouldn’t hurt her, she would flinch and close her eyes the moment before the blow, messily colliding her fist up against Hana’s chin assuming the woman continued to allow her body to be used as a punching bag. It would result in her fist melting again, with a good deal of the water splashing into her lower face.

“Ah, sorry about that.”
    She would pull her hand away quickly. Hopefully none of that dirty water had gotten into her mouth or nose or anything.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:53 am

Hana felt more comfortable with her clan ability knowing that all the gunk and dirt was eternally trapped in Chigetsu’s body, or any Hozuki’s for that matter. The Kaguya tore up their clothes and bloodied everything in combat, but it was a ton better than having blood or whatever foreign bodily fluids trapped inside ones body. But that aside she was pleased to see the dedication Chigetsu had when learning new abilities. She gave the girl the most basic combat technique and stances of the Kaguya, but it was leagues better than KBAS. The girl expressed shyness when it came to performing kicks afraid that her skirt may show a little more than what’s necessary. Hana rolled her eyes. “You think your opponent is going to care what panties you wear? I think they’ll be more focused on not losing their teeth or dying in combat. And even if they are distracted, take that as an advantage. In fact, a skirt doesn’t sound like a bad idea.”

As much as Hana hated feminine clothing she understood the benefits of wearing skimpy bits to distract certain male attackers. But overall the idea was just a fantasy and she felt it wouldn’t be as practical as she imagined. At least not worth the effort to change her wardrobe and lose armor coverage. The attacks Chigetsu landed on Hana were like nothing given her armor. That much was expected. But she was in for a nasty surprise when it came to uppercut practice. Feeling the girl’s knuckles strike her chin following a good splash of what was unpleasant as it trickled down her shirt and made her feel a chill. But little did Chigetsu know, the water that ran through Hana’s body was probably cleaner than her. Having not showered in three days really made her unsanity, and while Hana did not ‘reek’ somebody would notice her lack of bathing habits in really close encounters.

But in the end, Chigetsu passed with flying colors. “Great work. Although you still have that flaw of liquifying unwillingly I’m sure it’s something you can remedy in the future. But for now lets focus on the objective. In that warehouse should be a hangout for the thugs that have been ransacking the local stores. Patrols have stated a lot of activity in that area following the recent break-ins. So odds are this is our spot. Non-lethal attacks only, so if you have any chili pepper bombs that might come in handy. Just be mindful of where you throw them.” The two would then leave the ally they were training in and make their way to the abandoned warehouse. Hana sunk into a low stalk as they neared keeping her footsteps light while doing so. She’d approach the side of the warehouse knowing better than to walk straight through the front doors.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:54 am

Luckily, Hana didn’t seem to comment on the fact that Chigetsu just splashed her with dirty street water. It was gross to think about. Unluckily, Chigetsu was beginning to notice that Hana was in desperate need of a bath. As Chigetsu bathed somewhere between three and five times a day on average, the idea that someone like Hana wouldn’t bathe often was almost unimaginable. Didn’t doing Taijutsu work up a sweat? It seemed even more necessary for her than the average person. Chigetsu had been mentally blocking out the possibility of Hana being a stinky girl up until now, but it was something that she was beginning to notice being in such close proximity. Still, she wouldn’t dare say anything about it. Commenting on the Mizukage’s bathing habits seemed like an excellent way into getting smacked, and so Chigetsu smartly held her tongue.

“Thanks… I honestly didn’t think I’d be any good at this sort of stuff, but having you here makes it feel easy.” Letting out a little bit of an awkward laugh, Chigetsu would turn down to look at the ground. “I’ll try to practice this stuff too, so I can do it without melting anymore.”

With the training out of the way, the prospects of real combat would return, and so would Chigetsu’s anxiety. Especially when Hana mentioned ‘chili pepper bombs’, something that Chigetsu had neglected to purchase any of. She would make a mental note to buy some after this mission, even if the idea of using them in combat felt sort of like a war crime. Plus, accidentally tagging herself with one of those would probably result in it seeping into Chigetsu’s liquid body just like the dirt was now. The idea of turning into chili pepper flavored tea wasn’t exactly a fun idea. Non-lethal also ruled out just about all of the ninjutsu that Chigetsu knew. That was what the Taijustu that she had just been trained in was for though, and so she would get a chance to actually try to apply most of it immediately.

Following Hana’s movements, Chigetsu would sink as she sunk, slinking in a little bit of an exaggerated fashion to match Hana’s stalking. As they approached the side of the warehouse, Chigetsu would attempt to peek through whatever window that she could find in order to spy into the interior of the building, but the fact that everything here was covered in a thick layer of filth prevented any of that.

“These are just supposed to be kids, right…? Should we be worried about them?” Hana’s efforts at stealth made Chigetsu a bit more worried than they probably had the right to be. She was the Mizukage after all. Did that mean these punks were like super strong or something? Like super-punks? Chigetsu had no context for situations like this. “Are there going to be traps…?” Taking a moment now to more closely analyze her environment, Chigetsu would scan the area for snares, trip wires, explosive mines, or anything else along those lines. Of course, there would be none, being that this was just a poor part of the city rather than some place infested with enemy shinobi.

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:55 am

Chigetsu followed Hana as they both peeked inside. While Chigetsu only saw filth Hana was able to see movement behind the splotches. Her trained eyes were able to see beyond the picture, with the picture being years of neglect. “I see some movement in there. Maybe five people? It’s hard to tell.” Chigetsu murmured her concerns under her breath about who they will be facing. If it wasn’t obvious enough, the mission was designed for Genin or a single Chuunin. Being a C-rank mission the risk was very low. “Yea, like your typical teenage thug. They’re not long time criminals or anything, nor have they done anything super serious as far as I’m concerned. But they might be armed with some knives or whatever bludgeon they could find. Especially if they were planning on causing trouble tonight. But you shouldn’t be too worried. You’re a trained fight. I can tell by your attack movements. You’ll outclass any kid you run into.”

The pink haired girl also raised concerns about traps. Hana scoffed under her breath. “They’re far from professional. Let’s just put it that way. They do trouble at night because they hate their parents. They would not have put any effort in fortifying their hideout, and if they did it wouldn’t be anything more complex than a nail board laying face up. But you should always be watching where you step anyways.” With that, Hana lifted the window slowly to produce little to no sound. Soon, the warehouse interior would be exposed.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:55 am

Chigetsu would be reassured at Hana’s comments about the quality of their opponents. Just teenage thugs. Nothing special. It wasn’t something that she should be worrying about this much. Even after all that coaching by Hana, this would still be an entirely new experience for Chigetsu. Her first fight, although maybe that wasn’t something to celebrate. That event had surely come and gone a long time ago for most other genin. She was curious now if Hana could even remember the first fight that she had been in. Now wasn’t the time to ask, either way. The idea of it all made Chigetsu uneasy still. She would keep behind Hana the entire time, both as a showing of her submissive obedience to a ranked superior, and also because she wasn’t exactly eager to begin punching people that would actually get hurt from it.

As Hana opened the window, Chigetsu would peek in. She probably should have thought of this when her first attempt to see through the dirty window failed. Spying inside would reveal about half a dozen young men, all dressed in various states that uniformly screamed trouble, even if they all dressed differently. With so little experience in this part of Kirigakure and with this sort of people, for a moment it almost felt like looking into a zoo exhibit. There was an electronic boombox playing some sort of strange music off somewhere, with it being just barely audible to Chigetsu as they opened the window. Hearing a bit of the lyrics would cause the young girl to frown. The language was… Well, they weren’t words Chigetsu would want to repeat, was all. She never really was fond of rap in the first place, but especially with the sort of language they used.

One of the thugs would be currently messing with a can of spray paint, trying to finish their half-completed tag before the can ran dry. The rest would be all intermittently spread out throughout the warehouse, although never one too far from the other. Most were engaging in idle conversation, or just vibing. Chigetsu wasn’t perceptive enough to notice if any of them have knives, but at the very least it didn’t seem like there were any big wooden clubs with nails sticking out in any of their hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:34 am