Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu - Page 2 Empty Re: Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Caught up in her own mess of emotions, Chigetsu would only pay the incoming traveler a fraction of her attention. She would glance up at him with dull eyes, and more or less only half listened to what he was saying. Sorin Morvak. Blah blah blah, whatever. She didn’t pay him even a second of emotion or thought, especially not with the small talk about the weather than Calis and him seemed to engage in for a few seconds. She was clearly out of the loop with all of this. The flaring of Calis’ chakra though woke her up a bit. Even without being a sensor, being in such close proximity she could still feel it, making her skin almost stand on end as his chakra churned. Having no idea what was going on, the combination of the flaring of chakra by Calis and Sorin raising up a kunai would send her into full panic mode. With the conversation they had just had still ringing in her mind, the flustered Chigetsu would make several rash decisions all at once.

She would move her arms with a burst of speed that she didn’t even know that she was capable of, flailing her arms out of their crossed position. They would bang together, with her forearms and the sleeves of her hoodie liquefying to allow the limbs to pass through each other. Without really thinking about what she was doing, she would instinctively fall back to what her panic plan was - Point and shoot. With a level of coordination that was probably typical of Jounin rather than a Genin, she would point an index figure at the man and then spray and pray wildly with her Water Bullet Technique. She had more than enough coordination and state of mind to not accidentally hit Calis, but the fact that this was all reflexive and had no preplanning behind it or any active thought at all made her aim a little messy. She had fired five bullets together in the span of maybe a single second following her raising her arm up. One would fly wildly over the man’s shoulder, landing who knew where in the forest that surrounded Kirigakure. Another would be accidentally aimed at the drawn kunai, just by chance. Although if the bullet hit it would end up drilling right through the metal rather than deflecting off it. The other three, being the last three that she fired sequentially, would be clustered together in the general center of mass. Her arm had been shaking a bit during the firing process, and continued to after she had finished, and so even then these weren’t exactly guaranteed to hit. At the extreme close range that she was with her target, the blistering speed that the water bullets moved at wouldn’t likely give him much time to react.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu - Page 2 Empty Re: Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Calis’ brow would rise as Chigetsu started shooting first and asking questions later. The man hadn’t even been able to react to Calis’ demands before she began firing those odd water bullets. He couldn’t even see them moving they were so fact and he’d blink in astonishment as the kunai in the man’s hand had a hole shot through it, one would fly wildly off into the woods and three more would strike the man center mass, thankfully, in non lethal areas. Breathing a sigh of relief at that Calis would turn to Chigetsu. “Don’t just fire, think about your actions. You’re lucky he should survive those shots. If he died, we wouldn’t be able to know if he had information of a possible attack on the village. Or further attempts at infiltration. It’s also possible, highly unlikely, but possible, but he really IS a Kirigakure shinobi who reacted strongly to being challenged. We can’t assume the new codes get out to everyone on a mission. While it’s highly unlikely he would be on a solo A rank mission, and he failed to give the proper passcode, he could just be high strung from the mission. That’s why I wanted him to surrender. I wanted to capture him, not kill him. If he really is a shinobi from our village, he’d have no problems doing so and being confirmed inside by an interrogator.” He would say, lecturing the Hozuki as the two summoned shinobi lifted the injured ‘intruder’ and took them inside. “He’ll get treatment and we can make sure you’re right. He’d probably an intruder though, so don’t feel too bad.” One would say as they left to carry the man back into the village.

Calis would proceed to lean back once more, idly playing with his knife as the day continued on, breakfast time had barely ended, so they had a couple of hours left before lunch and the heat of the day set in. Which granted wouldn’t be particularly hot in Kirigakure. They were maybe a quarter of the way through their day at this point and Calis was bored out of his mind. ‘I wish I could train, I wish I could train, I wish I could train.’ He would think repetitively as he flipped the kunai over each finger, flipped it over, and did it again.

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:00 pm

She would lower her still shaking arm, letting out a deep exhale following the blasting. Chigetsu hadn’t been breathing for those few seconds, which felt like forever, and so she would take a quick inhale to fill her lungs again as soon as the panic left her. Slowly she would lower her hand and pulled her finger back, especially as the two other Kirigakure shinobi took away the now hole-riddled man. She barely had time to catch her breath following that before Calis would begin lecturing her again, something that would make her physically cringe at her prior actions. Panicking like that was probably the worst thing she could have done. It didn’t seem like she had hit anything vital from the way the man still struggled as he was being carried away, but at the same time she could have just killed that person! And he could have been completely innocent, judging by what Calis just said too! She would lower her head in shame. He was right, Chigetsu hadn’t been thinking at all during those last few seconds. How easily she panicked was probably her biggest weakness right now, or at least one of her several biggest weaknesses, which also included electricity, her low self-esteem, and also her general inaptitude in most situations. She would raise her hands up to cover her face, wanting to scream now at her own behavior. Instead she would just let out a long groan into her palms, before slumping back against the wall and letting herself wall into a sitting position. The worst case scenario was now that the man would end up bleeding out and actually was a Kirigakure shinobi… Or actually, maybe the worst case scenario was that he would survive and was a Kirigakure shinobi, and would remember her face and hunt her down after he recovered. She had no way to know, and because of this all the possibilities would swirl around in her head.

“I’m so dumb…” She would groan into her hands as she curled into the shade of the corner. Calis’s ‘don’t feel too bad’ was ignored completely, as Chigetsu would feel just about as bad as was possible about what had just happened. “Just kill me.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:00 pm

Seeing Chigetsu become so dejected didn’t really phase Calis, he didn’t generally feel sorry for people who had in fact messed up. However that didn’t mean she didn’t need to be dragged out of her emotional tumult quickly. Down the road, a new individual would be coming down it at a sedate pace. Calis would nod his head, this was a good way to get her out. Throw her into the metaphorical fire. “There’s another person coming, you handle this one.” He would say, leaning back in his chair as he began to grab hold of his sand beneath the surface carefully. The act would cause eyes of more guards to look upon them from elsewhere, but it was obvious he was simply acting with care. So none would come out to scare the poor individual. The person coming was a man, middle aged, denoted by the fresh strands of gray specked through his black hair. He seemed kind, and was dressed as a civilian. What his business here was, would be Chigetsu to discover. Calis himself would simply watch, and wait. Ready to lend aid if truly necessary but fully willing to let Chigetsu struggle to earn it. Was it cruel? Probably, but he was the type that believed in jumping into the deep end to learn to swim.

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

She would be shook again from her depression as Calis spoke, throwing her to the metaphorical wolves in suggesting she handle the next visitor. Maybe that was a little bit melodramatic, considering that she probably should have expected Calis to want her to pull her weight on the mission, but with how badly she had just screwed up in panicking at the slightest sign of combat, she really wasn’t in the right state of mind to be handling a social situation like this. Honestly, she would prefer going back to scraping up graffiti. Still, she would know better than to protest, and slowly she would get up from her slump and walk over to where she could be seen out of the guard’s booth. She would end up eye to eye with a middle-aged man. Nothing about him stood out all too much. Black hair, pretty typical clothing. Nothing about him made it look like he was a shinobi, which was a little strange, but a civilian had also come here earlier looking for work, and so she didn’t really have any inherent reason to be suspicious.

“Good morning.” She would say, mimicking the greeting she had heard Calis give earlier. When in doubt, just copy someone else. “State your… uh, business. I’m Chigetsu, a shinobi of Kirigakure.” She would falter for a second when the choice to introduce herself or not came, wondering whether or not it was a good idea. With hair like she had, there was no reason really to try to hide her identity though. She was just too noticeable.

“Name’s Aoi.” The elderly man had somewhat of a grandpa-like aura, although he wasn’t quiet at that age yet. Just by the way that he spoke when he introduced himself, and the warm smile that he gave, Chigetsu couldn’t help but make that mental comparison. “Just visiting. Came here to see my daughter. She’s one of you shinobi too. Her name’s Yuka, maybe you’ve met her?” The response was natural, and immediately Chigetsu took him at his word. She would scan her memory for anyone by the name, but if she was the daughter of a civilian who lived out of the village there was probably no chance that they had met before.

“No, I don’t think so…” She would give a bit of a nervous smile, although it would be quickly brushed off by Aoi. “No? Well, she’d be a tad older than you. Probably went through the academy a few years before.” It began to dawn on Chigetsu that she didn’t really have any way to confirm whether this was true or not. She had made a mental note of what Calis had said before that had triggered the poor response, realizing it as some sort of catchphrase code or something, and so she would try the same. “So… How’s the weather?” It was… almost correct. Aoi would only give her something of a dumbfounded response in return though. It was a rather strange thing to ask, especially as Chigetsu had a clear view of the outside. “It’s been fine. A bit cold for my tastes, but that’s just what happens when you get to be my age.” He would respond, a bit confused at the attempts at small talk. Also confused, Chigetsu would turn her head to stare at Calis, wide eyes clearly asking for help.

Character File

Calis would roll his eyes at her look of help and he would wave Aoi over. “Good morning Aoi-San, I’m Calis Kazehana, allow me to give you visitors papers. They’ll be good for a day within the village until you can make other such arrangements inside. The Mizukage’s office can help you at that point. Do know, that for security reasons, you’ll be watched closely until your claim of relatives can be confirmed. I haven’t head of a shinobi named Yuka, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she isn’t one. We all hardly know every other shinobi in the village.” He would say as he pulled out the form that would give the man 24 hour access to the village. He’d fill in the man’s name, and turn it around for him to fill in. “Fill in the necessary information and I’ll stamp it.” He would say prompting the man to nod and begin to fill in the information. Things like age, reason for your visit, that kind of kind. Once he was done Calis would take the form back, check the time and fill it in, and sign it and stamp it with the gate guards stamp. Then hand it over to the older man. “Shinobi of any rank reserve the right to ask you for your pass if you’re in the village regardless of the reason. Keep it on you at all times. I suggest you go immediately to the Mizukage’s building. It’s the head administrative building here. There you’ll be able to get set up with something a bit more solid than a visitors pass if you wish or at the very least they can confirm your identity and show you to your daughter.” He say, prompting the man to nod his understanding, in which Calis would motion the man past the gate.

Afterwards he would turn to Chigetsu “Only shinobi will know the passcodes, we can’t possibly verify every story from our position here. That’s what the passes are for. They allow civilians, and even some other shinobi, 24 hours of access to the public areas of the village. Once those 24 hours are up though they’ll have to have either made arrangements at Hana’s office, or leave. We have the right to force anyone out of the village if their pass it up. If they resist, we have the legal right to use force, up to and including deadly force if we deem it necessary. If they get to the office and story can’t be verified they will be detained there for questioning. Either way it’s out of our hands. We’re the first line of defense for the village here, but we aren’t it’s last line by far. We just have to make sure no one actually stupid gets past us and keep a thorough record of who entered and left the village.” He would say as he wrote down Aoi’s name, description, and time of entry inside of a log book. “Despite being a military dictatorship, most villages would have to allow a certain amount of access to outside civilians. How else would they obtain missions?” He would ask idly, as he finished logging the man and began to play with kunai some more. “I had to help you out with that one, so you’ll take the next one too.” He would say simply, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

With Aoi leaving and turning off to the gate, Chigetsu would visibly deflate. Even if she knew she deserved the lecturing from Calis after messing up again, it was a bit much now having it twice in a row. It was only her own fault, but that just made her want to sulk about it harder. Still, having this all explained to her was useful, and even if it felt bad she would make sure to listen closely to everything that Calis said. None of this had been explained to her before, and thus it would be necessary for her to know if she wanted to actually not make a fool of herself in the future. At the very least, she could make sure not to make the same mistake twice. The next time someone came to the gates she would be able to hopefully deal with them in an adequate way, even if she wanted nothing more than to find somewhere outside Kirigakure’s gates to dig a hole and bury herself alive right about now.

“I don’t know how civilians work!” She would huff, a bit exasperated even though it was still entirely her own fault. “I’ve never met one before. This was the first time I’ve ever even spoken to one.” Even still, she probably should have known better. Calis knew, after all. After a tired sigh, she would give her consent to what he suggested. “I’ll take the next one. Fine. I just hope that there won’t be anymore, to make it easier…” Grumbling, she would scan over the variety of papers and forums that were laid out, along with the log book that Calis had been writing over. Chigetsu’s difficulty and general ignorance came more out of an unwillingness to learn rather than a lack of intelligence. Taking just a few glances over the sheets and watching Calis was enough for her to pick up on the general idea of what was going on, enough so that she could mimic his behavior with enough competency to at least not embarrass herself the next time someone came around.

Character File

Calis would chuckle at her exasperated cry of not knowing how civilians work. It wasn’t hard, they were shinobi without the powers. The thing that they had to watch out for were shinobi trying to pose as civilians to get into the village. Even if they got in from the main gate, they would still get found swiftly when their story either didn’t check out, or something else amiss arose. The taller genin would continue to idly play with his kunai until he saw another individual coming down the road, this time, leaving the village. ‘Oh this’ll be good, now to see if she can figure out how to get this done. Or if she’ll ask for my help again.’ He would think as the shinobi leaving the village strode up to the gate. It was a jounin and her genin team. Chigetsu would get a fun time getting them settled. Calis would simply lean back in his chair, playing his kunai and let her handle it.

Did that make him an asshole? Probably, but a deal was a deal and she was supposed to take the ‘next one’ if that meant it was a group of people, that was hardly his fault now was it? He would just grin wickedly at her as the group strode up to the desk. Well now, things did have a tendency of working in his favor now didn’t they?

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Chigetsu’s wish that no more people would come to the gates for her to deal with would quickly be ruined. It became clear that what looked like a whole team was slowly approaching the gates, and as Chigetsu noticed she would quickly begin to pray that they would turn around. Maybe they forgot something at home? Or one of the genin had cold feet? The reason didn’t matter. One person had been hard enough to deal with, but four at the same time? The idea of having to try and navigate that by herself was already making her nervous. Turning back to Calis quickly, she would silently scream with wide eyes. He surely had spotted all these people before she had, so there was no doubt that he would be laughing his ass off at her reaction. As the shinobi and her genin team strolled up to the gates though, Chigetsu would turn back around and give her best nervous customer service smile to the group.

“Hello! We’re here to..” Chigetsu would cut them out by handing down several forums all at once onto the small little desk-lip sort of thing that was present in the window between the gate-post and the outside. Her earlier scanning of the forums had apparently paid off a bit, as none of the four pieces of paper that she laid out seemed immediately incorrect. There was a form for an outgoing higher level shinobi as well as three permissionary forums specifically for the case of genin being taken outside the village on missions like this. Immediately starting off like this was the result of a lot of assumptions, especially since Chigetsu didn’t know that this lady was a jounin, or that these three children with her were genin. As far as Chigetsu was aware, it could have been the older looking woman who was a genin, and the three children jounin, even if that was sort of unlikely. The pink haired Hozuki would regard the group with something of a blank stare, silently awaiting their judgement to see if the forms she provided were correct. The blank stare, combined with the lack of saying anything at all, seemed to put the entire group off a bit. Chigetsu’s bright appearance stemming from her hair combined strangely with the extreme poker face and intense stare she was wearing, making for a somewhat unsettling experience.

“... Right.” The older woman, who was presumably a jounin, would respond as she looked down at the forms. Despite the strangeness from Chigetsu’s side, she would continue on as normal after that slight pause. Turning back, she would address the three behind her for a moment. “Be ready to show your shinobi I.D. cards after you finish filling out these forms…” She would return to facing Chigetsu, and then scan down at the desk for a moment before locating the cup of pens that was pushed off to the side. “We’re a team traveling out to Ota for our first mission together outside the village. Nothing difficult, just assisting some fishermen for the day.” Nodding in response to what the woman said, Chigetsu would keep entirely silent. She and the children would begin filling out their forms, which didn’t take too long. Each child would show off their I.D. card, nervously taking turns. It was altogether a weird experience, with Chigetsu acting strangely and the three genin all nervous themselves as this was their first time at the gate. The fact that Chigetsu took much longer than was probably necessary to confirm that the information they wrote down on the forms matched their I.D.s probably only added a bit to the children’s anxiety. The entire situation was awkward as hell, but somehow Chigetsu had managed through it while generally following procedure. After what felt like way too long, the squad of four would eventually be waved to pass through the gates.

Character File

The grin on his face as Chigetsu turned to look at him with widened eyes of horror would be eloquent. Yes, he was indeed laughing his ass off internally at her misfortune. When she turned back to the jounin as she began to speak the pink haired Hozuki would cut her off by slapping down several forms at once. Calis’ internal laughter redoubled as she once again left any form of interaction at the door and tried to barrel through this as quickly as she could. The assumption that the woman was a jounin and the three children were genin was probably safe as she was the one leading the group to the gates, not the other way around. However even if it was one of the younger ones who was the jounin sensei all it would take was them to stride up to sign everything out. The assumption that they were genin at all was unsafe however. They could be a four man cell of a jounin squad leader and chuunin. They could all be jounin, it was just too risky to guess like that.

The wild ass guess however, would prove to be fruitful as the woman told her charges to fill out the forms and be prepared to show them their I.D.’s so that they could be processed and logged into their logbook. It was a simple process that wouldn’t take overly long, just requiring them to take the name and I.D. number on the card down before handing it back. The woman would explain their intent, a simple mission out to Ota to help the fishermen out there. They should be back by the evening, maybe tomorrow morning at the latest if they decided to stay out there for the night.

Chigetu’s jerky actions and eerie silence would make the entire situation awkward and Calis momentarily wondered if he could get some marshmallows to roast over the fire he’d thrown her in. All the while, Calis himself would be fighting back laughter. Barely keeping his face straight and prompting the jounin to look at him in confusion. This would prompt him to point at Chigetsu and shrug. She was funny, what was he supposed to do? Soon enough the squad would leave the gates and once they were out of ear shot Calis would stop his antics. “You’ve gotta learn to calm down. It’s not like they’re going to bite your head off. Try to keep a passive alertness, you don’t have to be so high strung all the time. I swear, sometimes I think I could flick you on the forehead and you’d twang like a string about to burst.” He would say as he looked up at the sky, it was close to lunch time and he’d turn back to her. “You want to take your lunch? We’ll take turns taking over while the other eats.” He would say, nodding his head toward the boxed lunches.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:01 pm

As soon as the party was out of earshot and Calis began speaking, Chigetsu would visibly untense. Her shoulders would lower, and she would begin to almost slouch when compared to how straight and stuff she had been before. Even if it had been tense and a bit awkward, she had been silently relieved that she had managed to get through it. She almost wanted to celebrate, but having Calis point out how weird she had just been with the entire situation grounded her back down into reality. What at first felt like a victory was beginning to feel like another screw-up now, and after he finished speaking she would return to leaning against the wall, using it as a support to slide down into a sitting position. From there she would pull her knees up close to her chest, sitting bunched up in the corner like that.

“That’s easy for you to say.” She would mumble a bit under her breath, maybe not loud enough for him to hear. It was just grumbling, more for Chigetsu talking to herself than something she wanted Calis to hear. With how he was, she would probably have to endure a whole new round of lecturing in response to it, and so she quickly regretted saying it outloud. Would it kill him to praise her for succeeding just that time? Even though it wasn’t in Calis’s personality to do so, she really was beginning to desire a ‘Good job!’ or a head pat, or something like that from him. After he had told her to go at it the first time, and her previous total failures, it felt bad to have him just point out how she could have been better. She would stay in the corner like that, pouting silently for a while.

“Lunch is fine… You can go first, if you want.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:01 pm

“Why? Because my past is full of wonderful conversations where I gained so much experience? It was filled with constant arguments and verbal fighting. I’m calm in situations because I know I don’t have to do everything myself. You’re here, and while you have some awkwardness, you’re a competent teammate on missions. It isn’t that hard to listen before speaking, and jumping to conclusions will get you killed. Which is something no one wants. Even your family, who despite all their actions to you in the past, didn’t abandon you. You have support to help you through your awkwardness with people. You just need to open your eyes and look around.” He would say, falling into ‘lecture mode’ again after he heard her words. Claiming it was easy for him to talk about not being high strung? He was constantly high strung on a mission, or in general. It wasn’t nearly as easy as anyone thought to not be so when you’re a shinobi, but you had to act like it to function. People weren’t going to rip Chigetsu’s head off and shit down her neck if she was a little slow at certain actions. Or even a bit stiff, many shinobi have personality quirks but the professionalism of all shinobi was expected. They represented their village after all.

Chigetsu would give him the first lunch and he’d nod his head before pulling out his box and opening it. He didn’t know which one he’d gotten but it wasn’t like he planned to feed himself anything he wouldn’t like. Inside was grilled shrimp and salmon on a bed of rice. A few pieces of sushi and laying sideways in a corner was a can of miso soup. Nodding his head and sliding the chopsticks out of the box he’d pop the tab on the can of soup and set it down as he began to eat. He was a very polite eater, his table manners refined from his childhood of having his father’s associates over for dinner or something. His cooking was pretty good in his opinion but that could easily be because he was used to it. For everything except the can of miso soup was hand cooked or prepared by him. He could make a mean miso soup too but he didn’t have any reliable containers to seal it on it’s side like the box required, so he settled for the canned stuff. It wasn’t bad after all.

He’d eat quickly as he thought of what to say next before swallowing a bite, setting his chopsticks down a moment and deciding he had to say something. “Overall though, that was a decent job with that team. You just gotta take it cool, despite her being a jounin, you were the gate guard processing her. That makes you the one she has to speak to, not the other way around. As you clearly demonstrated when you put the forms down and took their I.D.’s without saying a word. Let them lead the conversation, listening is never a stupid thing. You never know what you’ll learn.” He’d say before picking his chopsticks back up and starting to eat again.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

She had been unlucky, as it seemed that Calis’s ears were sharp enough to pick up on her whispering and grumbling. As he continued with his lecture Chigetsu would continue to sink into the floor, beginning to reduce slightly into a sticky, gooey substance as he spoke. It would be most noticeable in her hair, which would change into something of a gummy texture. While she sort of wanted to melt down into a full puddle right now, she knew that if she did it would only make Calis go off on another round of lecturing her, and so Chigetsu would keep her melting as subtle as she could. She would know better to respond though to what he was saying, especially since she had nothing good to say in response. Even if she knew Calis was right, actually accepting what he had to say when she was feeling like this was difficult. The difficult thing was the mention of her family, and them not abandoning her. It was enough to provoke a slight twitch from the girl on the ground, and a slight sound that almost made it seem like she was going to say something in response, before returning to silence. She would remain that way, reduce to half of a puddle, for the remainder of Calis’s lunch break. If anyone had come she would have stood up and done her best to handle them, but predictably lunchtime was dead, without any travelers coming to the gates. The majority of people were probably predictably eating lunch rather than coming out towards the gates.

Character File

Finishing his food in short order he’d down the can of soup before setting back into the box and setting the box back into the shelf for him to take with him later when their mission was over. “You’re up.” He would say as he took on a relaxed position in the chair, leaning back a bit and letting his arm hang off the back of the chair. It was a show to try to cause others to drop their guard when trying to sneak a story past them. If they thought he was lazy, they might get over confident and screw things up. Revealing themselves to him or Chigetsu in the process. “I’ll handle any issues, so you take your time. I don’t mind.” He would say as he effectively gave her a ‘blank check’ to take as long as she wanted to eat. It was as close to an apology as he would get in this case. Giving her the time to pull herself together mentally and emotionally. The day felt it was going by quicker now but that was just the hopes of his mind that they would be done soon. Gate guarding was woefully boring work. Hopefully something moderately exciting would happen soon to allow him to pass the time. If not, this would feel like it would take hours. As these thoughts went through his head, he’d take note of a large crowd of people coming down the road.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

As Calis gave her notice that it was her turn to take lunch, Chigetsu would slowly stand up. The slight puddle she had formed would come up with her, reforming with her body and leaving the place that she was sitting as dry as it had been before. With a slight nod, the still somewhat gummy-looking Chigetsu would travel over to the box that Calis had offered her earlier. Sitting down again with it, she would take a few moments to stare down at it before doing anything. It was honestly hard for her to recall the last time someone else had made her a bento box like this. Chigetsu didn’t really have any skills when it came to cooking, and as a result of this she bought the majority of their food. Her mother was the same way, either from lack of skill or lack of desire to cook, and so home cooked meals were something of an anomaly to her. The last time she could remember it was when she was very young. Her father had prepared her something silly for the two of them in preparation for a trip to the beach. They had eaten together on a blanket a little after noon, in the shade of an umbrella. The only thing that she could recall were the little hotdogs that he had cut up to make look like octopuses, which had been perhaps the most exciting thing she could think of back when she was that age. That was such a long time ago though. The memory of it was faint. The only other thing she could remember about that day was the both of them getting sunburnt, as a result of forgetting to wear any sort of sunscreen, and the way her mother laughed when the two of them came home bright red.

She would crack open the box. Inside would be the same thing that had been inside the other one that Calis had made. Grilled shrimp and salmon on a bed of rice. A few pieces of sushi and laying sideways in a corner was a can of miso soup. Suddenly in the mood for reminiscing, she would begin to wonder the last time she had eaten this sort of stuff before. Set off on her own, she had mostly just eaten, well… Very unhealthily, to say the least. Her diet mostly consisted of jello cups, gummies, all sorts of candy, and other things like that. She had such a sweet tooth that this might actually be the first meal in years that didn’t contain some sort of candy or sugar in it. Still, she wasn’t going to stick her nose up to it. She was a fan of seafood, or at least she had been in her youth. After taking a mental stock of everything inside the box, she would snap open the chopsticks. It was just something of a ceremony though, as they would immediately be set aside. Instead of using them, she would set out for the can of miso soup first, curiously reading around the outside. The idea of soup in a can was somewhat strange to her, but not altogether unappealing. She would crack open the tab and pull away at the aluminum top, setting that aside. The contents passed the sniff test, smelling pretty good after she put the can up to her nose and inspected it. After that, the rather peculiar way in which she ate would reveal itself. As was normal for her to do with any liquid that wasn’t overly thick, she would tip the can to her lips and drink the entire thing all at once, without stopping to breath until the entire can had been drained dry. It was sort of a weird habit of hers to consume fluids like this, but that was partially born out of her Hozuki biology desiring as much hydration as quickly as possible. As soon as she had finished with the can, she would take a deep breath and set it aside.

The rest would be picked at slowly with the chopsticks. In a predictable fashion she would consume the salmon and shrimp first, before picking through the rice slowly. Once the exciting things were out of the way, the process of slowly eating the rice was more of a way for her to drift off into her own thoughts than any efficient way of eating. She was naturally something of a fast eater, but for now she wanted to take her time and recollect her emotions, and so she was purposely taking longer than she normally would. The food was actually pretty good too, which almost surprised her. She had to fight off the desire to compliment Calis on his cooking.

Despite trying to take as long as she could, she would run out of rice to pick at after not too long. All together she would only take around what was normal for lunch, around half an hour, before cleaning up and returning to Calis.

Character File

The large crowd turned out to be a caravan coming into the village. Calis would sigh a bit at the timing but nod his head and stand, ready to handle the workload as efficiently as possible. He’d grab a stack of forms from the shelf. It was a sign up form that allowed them to keep track of who was entering their village and for what purpose. Everyone in the caravan would have to fill one out while he searched it. It was busy work, but something to do at all. As the head wagon pulled up to a stop Calis would smile at the man driving it. “Good afternoon, I’m Calis. I’ll be handling your signing in and the search of your wagons today. Please have everyone come down and take a form, then file over to some shade of something to fill them out. I’ll search the wagons and call you back over when I’m done and satisfied.” He would say promptly, causing the man to nod in understanding. It was standard practice in shinobi villages. The man would climb down, motioning for all those driving other wagons to do the same. Then everyone, wagoneers, wives, children, would all take a form and shuffle off to the side to begin filling it out.

Calis meanwhile would begin to search the wagons for contraband or stowaways. The wagons were filled with supplies, food, clothes to be sold, general use items. It was a simple merchant caravan hoping to sell their wares within the village. Nothing illegal about the items. However, when he began searching beneath the caravans by running his sand along under it, he’d catching on something along the undercarriage. Using his sand to reach under all seven wagons he would hear cries of indignation as he yanked out multiple bandits. Trying to use the caravan as cover to slip into the village. He held them aloft, over the ground behind him as he calmly continued to search the wagons to ensure he missed none.

As he searched more guards would arrive, the two that had taken the man that had tried to sneak in into custody. Calis would nod toward them and one would speak up. “Looks like you handled it. That man your partner put down earlier was trying to slip in to ensure everything went well for their plan to pillage the village a big before running off. Hoping to slip past our guard to have a chance.” He would say, prompting Calis to nod in understanding and ask a question. “Is the caravan itself real?” He would ask, causing the guard to nod. “They had no idea they were being used according to the captive. Don’t worry, we were...thorough, he told the truth.” Causing Calis to nod before looking back toward the held bandits. “Arrest?” He would ask, prompting a shake of the man’s head. “Unnecessary, this is their entire group, and they aren’t first offenders.” He would say, causing Calis to nod before promptly using his sand to suddenly crush the men it was holding without a second thought. Gushes of blood would explode from the sand before falling to the earth and the guard would nod before beginning to burn whatever was left.

Calis would return to the caravaners, who’d seen and heard everything, and begin to collect forms. They would be all too happy to handle them over to try to show who they said they were. “No worries, we know you had nothing to do with this. That’s all I need, you all can go in and head to administration.” He would say as they nodded and returned to their caravans as Calis returned to his seat. “Why on our shift?” He would say under his breath as he began to fill out the logbook.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Chigetsu would return from her lunch break just in time to see Calis crushing a variety of men to death in sand. She didn’t realize it at first, not having seen Calis collect the bandits in the sand, but it would be a little obvious when the explosion of blood came. The sight would make her recoil a bit, especially considering the force and how violent it had been. She would take a step back following that, not really wanting to involve herself in what looked to be a series of bloody executions. Retreating back into the guard post, she would wait in the back and just watch over the situation until Calis returned. The amount of guards involved and the whole caravan made it all just seem like a mess, although a well managed mess. Judging from her last performances on the job, Chigetsu was sure that if she got involved it would just make everything worse.

Once Calis returned and began filling out the log book, Chigetsu would focus in on him. She wouldn’t say anything at first, just watching him, but eventually she would speak up. “Did you… you killed those people, right?” Maybe it was a dumb question, considering it was pretty obvious.

“That wasn’t your first time killing people, was it?”

Character File

He would continue filling out the logbook as she asked and he’d look up to think about the question. He’d been prepared to kill someone for a long time, it was part of his duty, but had her so far? He thought back to his others missions. He hadn’t killed anyone with Inarie, no casualties with Hana, nor Kitsuki. Which would indeed make this the first time he’d killed someone. “No, it was. I was prepared to do so long ago, we have to be willing to kill in order to maintain law and order. It’s part of our required job duty.” He would say as he finished up the logging of the caravan. “Why?” He would ask curiously as he leaned back in the chair and began to idly look around, watching the trees and the road before them. Soon the day would begin to get hot and boring, and he was most definitely not looking forward to it. He almost acted like nothing untoward had occurred, as if simultaneously executing seven men had been normal. “The exams are soon, I hope you’re ready for them Chigetsu.” He would say as he continued to look around, keeping a passive alertness about him as he did. It was the same act as before, look lazy and incompetent, to encourage mistakes.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 pm

The answer surprised her. She was almost certain he would say yes, and something about how shinobi should be prepared to kill as a part of their job as shinobi. She had gotten that last part right, but the fact that it came together with the revelation that this was his first time was a very strange thing to hear. The way he had done it so casually, at least from Chigetsu’s prospective, made her a little uncomfortable. It would have been easier to accept it if this hadn’t been his first time. It was weird to think about, considering Chigetsu had nearly killed a person earlier with her water bullet spamming. That had been mostly unintentional, and as a result of panicking in self-defense though. This was more like an execution. Chigetsu didn’t know how to feel about it. Calis was strange. Shinobi were strange.

“What do you want, Calis?” She would ask after that, ignoring his questioning of why she asked. “Other than the exams, I mean. Since you keep on talking about wanting to win them.” Him mentioning it was part of the reason she asked, but it had been on her mind before that.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 pm

The ignoring of his question wouldn’t bother him, but the answer to hers was difficult. “I don’t know to be honest. I want to progress, get stronger. I want to be acknowledged by those people who called themselves my family that I’m meant to be a shinobi. But I’ll never accept them back into my life. They didn’t want me when I was at my lowest. I won’t return to them when things work out.” He would say, his words honest, with a hint of vehemence in them. He could work to join ANBU perhaps? Maybe even try to rise to the rank of Mizukage? He didn’t know what he wanted to do. Did he eventually want a wife and kids? Perhaps, but not now. “Winning those exams will be a brilliant vindication of my strength to everyone who ever doubted me. Even if I don’t win, as long as I do will the vindication is still there. But I want the championship. I want the world to know who I am. Past that though, I can’t say.” He would finish, his answer simple honesty.

The day would continue on now, boring, but simple. Time would seem to pass slowly but before he knew it he blinked and the sky was painted with the purples and pinks of sunset. That meant they would be relieved soon and they would be able to go home. Then he’d rest before tackling more jutsu tomorrow. “Where did the time go?” He asked idly as he cracked his neck real quick and looked toward Chigetsu.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

She didn’t know what to make of the answer. The question, and all her thoughts about this all, were muddled together. She hadn’t had any specific reasoning, or thoughts behind the question, or any answer she suspected he would give. It made sense. Given what Calis had said to her before, it made a lot of sense that he would want to do this, and why he was the way he was. She couldn’t judge him for not having any plans after the exams either. Chigetsu was the same like that. It was all just information she absorbed in like a sponge, without judgement or all too much thought. Maybe hearing what Calis had to say about himself would help her sort out her own thoughts about what to do, and how the exams would progress. That would be for later now. She was too tired to think now.

The rest of the day would progress quietly.

Sunset would come before she knew it. It maybe wasn’t correct to say that she spent the rest of the day in her thoughts, but it was something like that. Her emotional state would settle from the turmoil it had been in over time. Once the cloudy water had settled, all the dust and sediment would sink to the bottom, and everything would begin to be more clear. “I don’t know.” She would give a straight answer, suppressing a bit of a yawn. “Everything feels like it’s happening so fast anymore.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 pm

Before he could respond two shinobi would land next to the desk. Calis would look up to see the two men smiling at them. “We’re your relief, we heard ya’ll had a hectic first half of the day.” One would say while the other nodded. Calis would chuckle and nod as he stood, leaving the chair for the first guard. “Indeed, it’s been calm since then though, so no real complaints.” He would say before turning to Chigetsu “It’s the nature of the shinobi world to move fast. We have to try to keep up with it, or be left behind.” He would say simply before nodding to her. “It was a good day more or less. I’m gonna go get some rest before starting my training once more. I’ll see you in the exams Chigetsu, good luck.” He would say before turning toward their relief and nodding his head in farewell “I’ll see you guys around, thanks for being so prompt. Have a good shift!” He’d say before moving off on a cloud of sand. He had more work to do before the exams began if he was going to be confident enough that he could win them. He wanted to try to his hand at lightning jutsu and possible ways to make it work with his magnet release despite the two not working well together. He had a theory, and if it didn’t work, just the lightning jutsus themselves could easily provide assistance with them.

[Exit]

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

The two shinobi that appeared seemed to signal the end of their shift, at least if the same procedure applied as when they had both first arrived this morning. Two men, each of them smiling. Their comment applied equally for both Calis and Chigetsu, although in different ways. Calis had to deal with that massive caravan and killing those people, and Chigetsu had to deal with… well, mostly themselves. She would give another nod at Calis’ comments about the shinobi world. Keep up with it, or be left behind.

“I’ll see you at the exams.” She would repeat, although she hoped the opposite was true. Hopefully they wouldn’t run into each other at all during the exams. That would probably be the best outcome. If they did see each other during the exams, it might involve them fighting.

She would follow after Calis, leaving the guard post as the other guards came in to fill their place. Chigetsu couldn’t help but think about how terrible guard duty was, and how she would never willingly put herself into a situation like this again. There were plenty of other missions that wouldn’t be so tedious, or awkward.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:49 pm