Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu Empty Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Mission Name: Guard the gates
    Mission Type: Guard mission
    Mission Rank: C
    Mission Goal: Protect against intrustion
    Description: The normal gate guards have been working around the clock, take over their duty for a day to give them so much needed time off
    Payment: 15,000 ryo
    Requirements: Gennin +

‘Well this will be interesting.’ Calis would think as he walked up to the Gates of Kirigakure to report for duty. Wearing his normal attire of black shihakusho, white haori, black combat boots, and white kenseikan in his hair. The tall genin would make for a sight some would be getting used to within the village. His need to train his jutsu would cause him to disappear from the public view for days at a time however. Knowing he was partaking in the Chuunin Exams, some entrepreneurial spirits would try to spy on him as he trained. Hoping to take advantage of betting pools and the like when it came time for the exams. Such goals required detailed information about all of the participants and Calis wasn’t being particularly helpful in that regard, what a shame. A small smirk would appear on his face at the thought as he arrived at his destination. It was dawn, and the two exhausted guards at the gates would look at him with relief in their eyes. Under his arm he carried two tied up boxes, their contents hidden from prying eyes and he would greet the two shinobi with a smile and a wave. “Good morning you two, don’t get too excited. I can’t take over for both of you. I need my partner to arrive first.” He would say with an apologetic shrug.

“Yeah, but you showing up is a good sign. You’re like our harbinger of rest.” one of them would say, prompting a chuckle from the genin as he leaned on the table, waiting. “How bad has it been?” He would ask, curiosity evident in his tone and the two shinobi would shrug as one. “Not too bad, the teams for the exams arrived so you won’t have to worry about any of that. Really it’s just making sure no one sneaks in or out and signing people in as they arrive. You’ll just have to sign and stamp their passports as they enter or leave the village. That’ll tell any Kirigakure shinobi if the individual in question is meant to be here or not.” He would say, prompting a nod from the tall genin. “Very well, what’s the signal to call for aid?” He would ask, gaining a nod from the other guard. “Just a flare of your chakra will do. Any chakra flares from the gates cause an immediate investigation from a nearby shinobi. They’ll pass by randomly to check up on things. Random techniques will cause minor annoyance but nothing too bad. Sustained chakra usage will call them immediately though. They’ll be coming in ready to lay down some support or attack someone. Or simply take them to the prison for you. You can’t leave the post, no matter what. So if you do take someone into custody, do that and let them do it.” He would say, prompting once more, a nod from Calis. “Got it.” He would say, before settling down to wait for his partner.

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu Empty Re: Guarding The Gates With Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:56 pm

It wouldn’t be long until Chigetsu would arrive on the scene. Not as early as Calis had, as usual, but still around the right time. She arrived more or less on time, only showing up three or so minutes after when she was supposed to be there. This was more or less a pattern that she had developed while taking missions now, always arriving fashionably late. In the same way that she had before, Chigetsu would arrive looking as if she had just woken up. Her hair was in somewhat of a mess, with her characteristic brain being loose, with strands of clearly unbrushed hair straying off in different directions. Despite how tired her face might have looked, she did seem to dress more shinobi-like now than she had previously. Tight around her skirt’s waist were several holsters, all presumably stocked with shuriken or kunai. This along with an almost bursting open belt pouch signalled that perhaps she was beginning to take this whole shinobi business a little bit more seriously. Other than that she would be dressed in her typical outfit. Long black stockings up to her thighs together with a skirt, and the purple hoodie that she wore maybe a little bit too often. Even with the gear she had at her waist, together with the rest of her outfit and her bright dyed pink hair she had the appearance still of just an out of place civilian.

She would finish off the last of a metallic reusable water bottle, swishing around the liquid in her cheeks a bit before swallowing and then placing the bottle into a loop of her belt that looked to be designed specifically to hold it. With that taken care of she would continue on in full to meet with her partner, walking up the last few yards until she was beside Calis. The two other guards would be given a curious, if still somewhat dazed glance by the girl, before she would turn back to looking up at Calis. “I didn’t make anyone wait, did I?” She would say after a few moments, her tired gaze cracking into something a bit guilty. As much as she didn’t care if she kept Calis waiting, having these guards stay a few minutes overtime to wait for her to finish her morning routine did make Chigetsu feel a bit bad. Probably not the best first impression either. Especially together with how flashy she looked, covered in purple and pink colors.

One of the guards would break out into a slight snicker, although they would do their best to stifle it.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:56 pm

A roll of his eyes would answer Chigetsu’s question. He hadn’t realized she would be his partner this morning. While that in it of itself wouldn’t be an issue, it was getting to be a little ridiculous with how often they’d been partnered together for a mission. “Not particularly, only by a few minutes and they’ve been on for a few days straight. I doubt they really noticed.” He would say honestly before turning back to the guards. “Consider yourselves relieved boys, get some sleep.” He would say, moving to one of the chairs behind the table as both guards nodded in gratitude and disappeared in bursts of speed. Presumably, to go pass the hell out somewhere. He couldn’t blame them. Calis would take a seat, setting his wrapped boxes on a shelf behind the desk. He would then proceed to get acquainted with things and swiftly got himself familiar with where each form was and such.

“We aren’t allowed to leave the post, so get comfortable. If something comes up and we have to take a prisoner or something, or call for reinforcements. We’re to maintain a sustained burst of chakra and help will come immediately. Otherwise, try to keep chakra usage to a minimum. It’ll cause someone to ‘pop’ by to check on things to make sure everything is alright.” He would say, relaying what the guard told him to his partner since she hadn’t been there to hear. “Looks like we’re spending the day together, we won’t get relieved until dusk.” He would say, pulling out his own water bottle and taking a drink before setting it on the shelf beneath the boxes. A few more unopened bottles were down there and it appeared it was restocked to make sure the guards could keep themselves hydrated. There wasn’t any food though, which wasn’t an issue for Calis.

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:56 pm

“A few days straight?” She would mumble that to herself in disbelief. Were they that understaffed that guardsmen couldn’t afford to switch shifts? Or was Calis pulling a fast one on her? She couldn’t tell, especially not now while she was still sleepy. Since it seemed that the fates were assigning her and Calis together on missions more often than not now, maybe it would do her some good to wake up earlier. Showing up a little bit late and sleepy when you had a random partner each time was fine, but when the same person could see you being a dope over and over again it began to become embarrassing. “We just have to stay here all day then? That doesn’t sound too bad…” She realized now that she probably should have brought lunch with her. She couldn’t imagine Calis would let her sneak off and go grab something quick either, and given she had rushed off again without eating any breakfast… Suddenly the idea of doing this all day sounded a lot harder than it had before. Hoping that she had packed something and just forgot about it, Chigetsu would feel at her skirt a few times, before remembering that it had no pockets. The big pocket in her hoodie would be similarly empty, and after realizing that she would let out a dejected sigh.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:56 pm

“Oh the hardest part about gate duty is going to be staying awake during it I’d wager. We might have one or two minor issues crop up but for the most part, we’re going to be quite bored.” He would say as he finished getting himself settled and leaned back in his chair and began to watch the road idly as they waited. It was a far more relaxed posture than most would see him take but he was getting a bit ‘looser’ in terms of personality and he didn’t act as if he had a stick up his ass nearly so often, he hoped. It wouldn’t be very long before he pulled out a kunai and began to idly flick it around, spinning the point on the tip of his finger, and other such minor tricks out of boredom. “So, we each get one meal break and we can take it whenever so long as we don’t leave the table and we don’t eat at the same time. When do you want to take yours?” He’d ask in curiosity as he flipped the kunai around like a bored genin on a mission, which, surprise surprise, was exactly what he was. He honestly wasn’t particularly fond of spending the entire day doing nothing by watching a gate. He had a great number of techniques he needed to practice and get down before he was confident in his ability in the exams.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Having Calis rub it in right after she made her realization that she was lunchless just served to make her feel even worse about the situation. Shifting her eyes from side to side after he said that, and then down to the ground, she would let out a slight grumble in response. It would be unintelligible, and she would take a moment to clear her throat before giving an actual response. “I… I won’t take one. I didn’t bring anything.” Putting her hands down into her hoodie, Chigetsu would lean back against the post of the gate, hiding herself in the shade and looking again into the dirt. This was going to be the last time she didn’t prepare for a mission. She had just gotten down the whole ‘Don’t come to a mission unarmed, you idiot’ part thanks to Hana rubbing it in, but this wasn’t something she had even thought she would have to prepare for. Having spent so many years being able to just have food delivered to her, the idea of having to prepare and provide her own food just completely slipped her mind. For a moment she would wonder if maybe she should try ordering some pizza, but at the same time that kind of felt like a stupid idea. Would they even deliver to the village’s gates?

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Listening to Chigetsu’s unintelligible response before she admitted to not bringing anything made him roll his eyes. “That’s not what I asked you, hypothetically, when would you want to eat?” He would ask his tone amused as he asked the question as he tossed the kunai up and caught it deftly. His coordination was getting better, and he tended to find playful things to do with knives and such to show it off. ‘I really need to chill out with the whole showing off thing. I know I’ve gotten far looser in terms of protocol and such, but there’s gotta be a limit.’ He would think as he kept playing with the deadly instrument. There was still no one coming from either side of the road so he wasn’t in any hurry to stop anytime soon. He wished he could continue practicing his techniques. The more he learned the more confident he could be in his talents for the exams. He had one or two more aces to learn before he felt ready and he still had to buy a few things from the shop too. His sand had a particularly brutal weakness that could be exploited and he needed to ensure that he took care of that glaring weakness before the exams began.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Staring up at Calis from her position in the shade, it would take a few seconds of her just looking at him before she could formulate a response. With him still standing in the sunlight, his face seemed almost too bright to look at for Chigetsu’s still tired eyes. It was just a reflection of the light off his face, but for some reason it made it seem as though he was shining. “I don’t know. I usually eat a little bit before noon, since I never eat breakfast.” That was another bad habit she would need to kick. “Not eating breakfast is probably a terrible idea, right?” She would let out another sigh, reaching up to cover her eyes. “I need to get used to that… and the whole sleeping thing. You lectured me about it last time but I’m still now…” almost to punctuate her words, Chigetsu would be caught up in a slight yawn. Even though it probably should have been embarrassing for her to be such a mess, she had grown comfortable around Calis. It almost felt natural now to be at ease around him, even with her poor habits exposed. Not that she felt any better about them, but it was without all that same nervous energy that she was usually known for. There were still a lot of those basic things she needed to learn though, and pick up from both Calis and Hana. How to cook probably would be a good first step, considering she was completely oblivious to it, and knowing how would probably make cooking breakfast and preparing meals in advance a lot easier. For a few moments she would consider asking Calis if he could teach her, before realizing that would be a terrible idea. Not that he would have the time to teach her in the first place, with the upcoming exams, even if he would be willing to do it in the first place. Which he probably wouldn’t.

Character File

Nodding he would reach under the desk to the shelf with his tied off boxes and untie the knot before taking the top box and passing it over to Chigetsu. “It’s a lunch box, I’ve been staying out for days at a time training and so I make meals for myself in advance. I’ll be returning home after this mission, so giving you the other meal I can’t eat anyway isn’t a big deal. I made a variety of them and I’m unsure what’s in this one, but it’s better than nothing.” He would say went back to playing with his kunai, idly wondering if he should add a second to it before deciding that doing such a thing would result in a negative effect on discipline. A man playing with a single knife as if he were ready to use it was one thing. A guy messing around with more than one looked like a clown. It was as simple as that, and there were many things that Calis Kazehana was, but a clown wasn’t one of them.

He would take a moment though and take in Chigetsu’s appearance, the addition of weapons pouches, holsters, and other such implements of shinobi mayhem was a welcome change. “You’re starting to look like a proper shinobi.” He would say as he continued playing with his knife. “I would get rid of the braid though, not cut your hair, but style it differently. If I grabbed it, I could have a rude awakening for you. That’s up to you though.” He would say, the last part swiftly as he didn’t want Chigetsu to think he was trying to tell her what to do.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

After having the box placed into her hands, Chigetsu would almost look as if she were going to cry. It would only last for a moment, with her squeezing her eyes tightly to push away that feeling, but it would be there on her face all the same. For a moment she was going to consider refusing, her pride swelling up for a moment, but the idea of doing so would cause her to deflate. Pride? What pride? She didn’t have any of that, and refusing this now would probably just end up in the death of her later in the afternoon anyway. “Thank you.” She would squeak it out, her voice barely a whisper when she said it. She would repeat it a moment later, after her voice returned back to her. “Thank you. You’re too nice, giving me this food now and the granola bar in our last mission together.” She would hold it close to her body, like some sort of treasured gift. She was beginning to wonder if she could rely on Calis to feed her on every mission they went on together, judging by his past history when it came to food.

Together with his comments about her appearance, Chigetsu was almost beginning to feel like today was going to be a good one. The fact that Calis actually noticed the way she had changed, even if was something as simple as just wearing some shinobi equipment, made her crushed pride return to swelling up. Smiling now, she would nod her head. “I started making sure to wear it after Hana told me to always be armed.” She would shift her hips back and forth, as if modeling off her belt and various pouches to Calis. “The braid though…” She would reach back to fumble with it for a second, before taking ahold of the long, pink braid. “I don’t think I have the heart to get rid of it… If I just cut it off I feel like I’d look like my…” She wouldn’t finish that sentence, huffing a bit at the mere thought of looking like her parents.

Character File

“Don’t thank me yet, you haven’t tried my cooking yet.” He would mutter under his breath as he deadpanned into the air. The day would apparently be off to a good start for them and he would shrug the gratitude away. “It’s not a problem. Like I said, I had one extra anyway. I’d intended to offer it to whoever my partner was. The fact that it was you was simply a coincidence.” He would say as he caught the knife a final time and slid it up his sleeve. At the mention of Hana the genins eye’s would narrow. So, Mizukage-Sama had given her some advice? Interesting. Her response to his comment about the braid would cause him to shrug. “Like I said, your choice, but if you intend to keep it you might looking into weaponizing it somehow. You could hide senbon in it, or learn jutsu that used it perhaps?” He would say as he placed his hands behind his head and rested it on them. “Although, I guess with that water abilities you don’t have to care much about someone using your hair against you now do you? I don’t really have to since my sand abilities prevent most from getting close enough to try to grab mine.” He would say as he idly scratched the back of his head. His own hair still went down to mid back, the glossy black mass would sit comfortably straight.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

“Weaponizing it? I don’t know about…” She would be quick to dismiss the idea, at least until she actually heard what Calis was saying. “Hiding senbon in it is actually a pretty good idea…” Fiddling with the braid, she would begin to consider the prospect of whether or not weaponized hair clips were something she could find somewhere, or maybe she would just have to learn how to style senbon into it. “Jutsu though? Do you know about any like that with hair?” The fact that he had suggested it made it seem like Calis had something specific in mind. Chigetsu wasn’t exactly sure where she would find information like that… It wasn’t like there was a library where she could just go to look up random techniques like that, right? Honestly she didn’t know. The idea was pretty appealing though, since she was rather attached to her braid.

“I’ve never had to worry about anyone pulling it, but I’ve never had anyone pull at my hair before either…” She could liquefy her hair, but the idea of having someone tug at her braid and pull the whole thing off because it liquefied would feel… Well, it would feel a little like having your hair torn off, even if it was painless. Just an icky feeling. She didn’t want to think about it, and hopefully it wouldn’t happen. “I think I’ll be fine if anyone gets up close to me though, either way… As long as they’re not carrying a bunch of batteries strapped to a sword or anything.” She would shrug a bit. “I’ve been trying to learn how to be better in uh… You know, hand to hand stuff.” It felt weird to say it now, even if that was what she had spent the last while practicing.

Character File

“Ah, fraid not. I’m mostly just spit balling ideas. I can’t imagine it would be impossible though.” He would say with an apologetic shrug as he continued to lean the back of his head onto his hands. “So have you been training for the exams? Are you going to be participating?” He would ask, his voice curious as he wondered if Chigetsu would be part of his competition. He could already begin thinking of counters against her so long as he moved quickly if they fought but relying on such things was ‘iffy’ at best and it wouldn’t be a good idea to go in without a plan, and a back up plan to that no less. “ ‘Batteries strapped to a sword?’ You mean like a kumogakure shinobi with any kind of lightning jutsu?” He would ask curiously. He had personally sent the messenger bird to Kumogakure inviting them to the exams. So it wouldn’t be out of place to assume that a few shinobi from the village would be present. “Practicing in Taijutsu you mean? Or with weapon play?” He would ask in curiosity, an inquisitive eyebrow raised as he asked. The more information he got, the better off he’d be in these exams. It was as simple as that, so if she was willing to part with all the information about her possible capabilities, he wouldn’t complain.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:58 pm

“Well… Yeah. If I see anyone from Kumogakure with lightning and a sword I think… I’ll probably just die.” She would laugh a little awkwardly at the idea of it. It wasn’t at all funny to imagine dying like that, but for some reason she couldn’t help but laugh at herself. “Or just surrender, I guess. I don’t really know what to do when it comes to Raiton. Other than cry.” Revealing her own weaknesses like this probably wasn’t tactically smart, but it was sort of therapeutic for her. Not like Calis didn’t already know about her not liking lightning anyway, with him already having seen Chigetsu liquefy several times and her reaction to that shocking trick in the academy. Even if he didn’t, she felt at ease around him. “And… both, I guess. I’ve been training some with Hana and my mom… Hana was teaching me some Taijutsu, which I think I’m better at than using swords, but my mom really wanted me to… Even though I’m no good at it, she insists I learn anyway.”

Turning over to Calis, she would only then seem to remember what he had said in their last few meetings about training and all he had said about the exams. She had ended up taking what he had said seriously, even without consciously making the decision to train. It felt like those situations just sort of landed on her instead of her seeking them out. Remembering now back to her situation with Hana, it wasn’t even so much that Chigetsu had asked for anything, but more that the Mizukage had felt pity for her after seeing how unskilled she was. “Hey… You’re still going into the Chunin Exams, right? Hana was telling me I should sign up for it too. I was… I was starting to consider doing it.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:58 pm

‘Training with the Mizukage herself? Was the woman grooming Chigetsu? Or did she simply like to help her aspiring chuunin before the exams? Should I feel insulted from not getting help from her? Or should I take it a professional compliment that I don’t ‘need’ her assistance?’ He would think as he mind began to run a few miles a minute. “You can’t just surrender everytime you run into a lightning user, you’ve got to find a way to handle them or you’re not going to be able to make it in the shinobi world. An enemy shinobi isn’t going to give you the kindness of not using your weakness on you. They’ll exploit it if they know it.” He would say, lecturing mildly as he set back to an upright position. “I am indeed intending to enter. So long as I can learn the jutsu I want to learn to a satisfactory degree, and get a few other minor details handled.” He would say vaguely. She might be willing to give away all her secrets, but he intended to keep some of his for the exams. Someone was finally coming down the road, intending to enter the village it would seem. Calis would mentally remember where each form was under the desk and wait for the person to make it to the desk. They were still a ways off, so it would take them a few minutes to get to them.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

“Yeah, that’s probably true… But what else can I do? All I have is water.” She would shrug her shoulders a little bit. This would be a bridge she would cross if she ever had to. The chances of meeting someone who could use Raiton was only like… what, one in five? Actually she had no idea. Probably more common if you were from Kumogakure, and less common if you were from some other village? Maybe it evened out. Still, as far as compensating for her weakness went, Chigetsu was completely blind. She hadn’t even gone as far as to begin thinking about what to do in situations like that, where someone was charging you down with a fist full of electricity. At the very least if it was long distance she might… It wasn’t the time to be playing out battle situations in her mind. That could wait for later. Maybe she could ask Hana for advice on that the next time they met. Although the idea of meeting up with Calis in the exams wasn’t any more appealing than with some scary electricity person. She really didn’t like the idea of having to fight him. Or anyone else she was getting to know now during her Genin career.

“So…” Coughing a bit, she would turn to him again to see if she could keep up the small talk. “What sort of jutsu are you trying to learn?” She would be cut off as she realized where Calis’s attention was, staring down the road. Her eyes would follow, catching on the lone figure that was approaching. The surprise almost made her fall over as she tried to lift up from her position leaning against the wall, although she would manage to catch herself before that could happen.
    “Uh, do you have the forums ready? I mean, for the…” She would go silent as the figure came closer, not wanting her scrambling to be heard. Instead Chigetsu would just end up awkwardly staring at Calis, hoping he was prepared for the situation, since she very clearly was not.

Character File

"Lots of things, mostly having to do with my bloodline" he would say as his eyes tracked the incoming individual carefully. "I have everything in hand, worry not" he would say quietly as the traveler came to the desk. "Good morning, I am Calis, Shinobi of Kirigakure. State your name and the reason for your visit?" He would say, as he eyed the man up and down with mild suspicion. "Good morning Shinobi-san. I'm just a fisherman looking for work is all." The man would say causing Calis to instinctively nod. The man had a strong, wiry build, despite being clearly middle aged. He was obviously no stranger to hard work. "Very well, but we don't have fisheries in the village itself. They're down by the river, outside the village proper." He would say, before giving the older man directions.

The man would nod his head in understanding as Calis spoke before smiling at him "Thank you my boy, I'll be on my way then." He would say before moving down away from the village and toward a branching side road that would take him to the fisheries. "Simple enough" Calis would say as he sat back once more. "Now then, I'm working on jutsu involving my bloodline, plus a few more to be honest. Earth jutsu, wind jutsu. That kind of stuff" he would say as he began to idly play with his knife once more.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Chigetsu had frozen when the man had come. Under the presence of such a big, burly looking guy she really didn’t know what to say or do. Even though she probably had no right being intimidated by a fisherman, it was something of a natural response. She wasn’t used to dealing with older, bigger men, and so she would just avert her eyes and stay silent as the transaction occurred. Being a complete waste of space the entire time didn’t seem to bother Calis though, who took care of the entire thing without any trouble. He was almost too reliable like that. As soon as the man would disappear she would give out a small sigh of relief, relaxing back against the side of the wall that she had originally been leaning against. “Yeah yeah… Simple enough.” She would repeat what he had said. Really, Chigetsu was blessed to be going on all these missions with Calis. There would be no way she’d be able to handle it all herself.

“If you want to practice some of your fancy bloodline stuff, don’t let me stop you though. I’m sure you’d rather be doing that.” She would make the offer, completely forgetting the part about chakra usage that they had been prepped on earlier. “I doubt too many other people will come anyway…” She hoped that was true, but had no real reason to believe it would be the case. It was more of wishful thinking. Letting Calis do whatever he wanted for a bit while she manned the fort was the least that she could do to pay him back for providing lunch.

Character File

“I would love to take you up on that offer, but we can’t use chakra remember? Or leave the station, otherwise I’d go off to a nearby field and practice it.” He would say with a mild shrug. “Nope, no practice for me today I’m afraid. I’ll be alright though, I’ve still got plenty of time to learn everything before the exams. Unless more days like this crop up, I’ll be participating and intending to take the champion slot.” He would say with conviction as the old man turned the corner to go down to the fisheries. “Besides, we never know who could come, after all. The reason gate guards are posted constantly is because we never know what could happen.” He would say as he fiddled with his kunai some more. “So, sword techniques and taijutsu techniques. That’s going to be an interesting skillset with your body, you’re immune to physical damage after all.” He would say with a pensive look. “I’d have to capture you handidly, or put you into a situation that you can’t get out of.” He would say, continuing to think.

His sand could bog down the Hozuki easily enough, the substance would effectively turn her to a mucky substance that didn’t move well. He could also learn a few earth jutsu that would allow him to capture her. Or even just learn some lightning techniques. However he had a rather full docket of techniques to learn already, including one that he could also utilize to trap the Hozuki if he needed it too. “So what if all you have is water? Water conducts electricity, so why not incorporate something into a technique that would draw electrical charges to it and have it flow around you? Or even toward the ground? Literally grounding out the lightning’s charge.” He would say, throwing an idea off the top of his head out as he waited for the next individual who attempted to enter.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Calis’s reasoning would strike her as obvious the moment after it left his mouth, making her feel dumb for suggesting it almost immediately. What came after was worrying though. She had known Calis was serious about the exam, but how competitive he was being about it was a little bit of a surprise. He did have a pretty serious personality, so perhaps it shouldn’t have been a surprise. Still, the comments about having to capture Chigetsu resulted in her giving him a blank stare. The gears spun slowly in her head as she processed exactly what he just said and the implications behind it. It would take a few moments, but she would slump back against the interior wall of the guard post that she had been leaning against earlier. “Are you thinking about how to beat me up?” She would frown now, shooting Calis something of a stink eye. “Stop that. That’s really gross and weird. Thinking about how to beat up or kill me when we’re standing right next to each other…” She would puff out her cheeks in a somewhat childish pout.

“And it’s not that easy! You can talk about how to redirect lightning or blah blah blah, whatever, but it’s a different story to do it when your entire body is made of water. Even trying to practice doing something like that would be like covering your entire body in gasoline and figuring out a way to deflect fireballs…” She would huff now, diverting her eyes away from Callis.

Character File

“Are you telling me you haven’t started to at least try to figure out how to handle some of the individuals you might be fighting in the exams? Pre preparation is something they look for too I would imagine.” He would say, a shrug emphasizing his statement as he began to consider how he could potentially train while on the mission. Maybe if he flared his chakra and asked the one who came? They might let him, but they would probably tell him he would need his chakra to defend the gates if anyone did try to attack too. ‘Scratch that idea.’ He would think to himself as Chigetsu began to pout about how difficult it would be to redirect lightning while being made of water. “And yet aren’t those two scenarios entirely different? Lightning searches for the quickest path to the earth, which makes it naturally conductive to metals. Gasoline ignites on it’s own when it reaches a certain rather low temperature. Both involve completely different scenarios. Try some custom kunai or something that’ll draw lightning to them, I don’t know.” He would say, idling spinning his knife between his fingers as they waited for something interesting to happen.

His mission with Hana the other day had taught him a great many jutsu, but he still had a large number to go. He would have to put his nose to the grindstone to learn the rest in a decent amount of time.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm

“No? I don’t think about how to kill my friends. That would be…” She would go quiet after a few seconds, not wanting to continue that line of thought. Calis was probably right in terms of the preparation aspect, but thinking about having to fight the people she had began to meet during her time as a shinobi… That wasn’t something she would have to do. Having to fight against people like Kit or even Calis wasn’t a thought she wanted to entertain, as naive as it was to think that way. Especially since, going into the exams, it would be more than likely that she would have to fight these people. She really didn’t know all too much about the exams or how to gauge strength, but Calis seemed to be taking this all seriously and maybe pretty strong? She didn’t really know how to tell if he was strong or not, but his confidence regarding the fighting part and how he planned ahead made Chigetsu sort of believe he was, or at least he knew what he was doing. Kit was the same way, with how professional and proper she was. Was everyone else thinking the same way as Calis? Did Kit also see Chigetsu as potential competition, and was she thinking about how best that she would be able to kill her during their time together? The realization brought on a bought of paranoia.

“I don’t know.” She would bring her hands up from the pocket of her hoodie, crossing them loosely over her midsection. “I’m only doing this because people keep on telling me I should… I don’t really think I care about winning too much, I just don’t want to disappoint anyone.” It was a bit of a candid view into Chigetsu’s thought processes, one entirely different from Callis’s. Her voice was soft and airy, and almost a bit forced. Getting out what she was saying was a bit hard for her now. The only person she would admit this sort of stuff to was Calis, despite how unlikely he was to sympathize. “I just think as long as I don’t die or anything, I’ll count it as a win.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm

“Oh I’m not thinking of ways to kill people, only ways to incapacitate them so I can defeat them in the exams. I would never kill an ally, under any circumstances.” He would say as he idly played with the kunai. While she might have been holding back, he still pushed Hana into using those strange water jutsu that countered his sand handedly. As far as he knew, those jutsu had to be fairly high in ranking. Especially that rain storm that drained the chakra from his jutsu. He still had the ability to control his sand normally, but the water itself had bogged it down into muck. Making it useless to even try to do so. He needed to get a different kind of material to utilize his jutsu with. Something that would allow him to keep his control while allowing him to fight against water users. Maybe Iron particles? Gold? Diamond? “When it comes to being a shinobi you can’t afford to do it because it’s expected. It’s life or death out there Chigetsu. If that’s not for you, then you should probably try to find another line or work. I don’t say that to be mean. I’m saying that because if you don’t, you’ll end up giving your life away because ‘others told you to’ and that’s just not worth it.” He would say, keeping his attention to the road as he spoke.

“Tell me, are there people here you would want to protect? Are there friends, family, even strangers, that you would willingly stand between them and danger for? If so, then get stronger for them. If you’re not strong enough to survive against such scenarios, then the next time danger comes looking for them. Who could you trust to defend them? I get stronger for each and every person in this village. That includes Hana, Kitsuki, and yes, you as well. I gain strength so that I can defend them when they cannot defend themselves. Even if I’m not as strong as some, I still have strength to use.” He would say, his voice getting quiet, serious even as he spoke. Another individual was coming down the road now, they were still too far away from them to make them out though but he looked like a shinobi.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm

That Calis wouldn’t be trying to murder anyone was maybe reassuring? She couldn’t tell. Maybe normally she would be a bit happy to hear that, but in her somewhat compromised emotional state it sort of just bounced off, with Chigetsu not really knowing what to make of the statement or what to think right now. What Calis said about finding another line of work struck her like a truck, even if she wouldn’t react physically. As much as that was an appealing idea, the idea of taking a different path almost felt impossible now. There was too much momentum, what with all these people she was meeting now. Kit and Calis and Hana all influenced the way she thought after meeting them. And then her family, who were just now reaching out to remake contact. As awkward as that meeting with her mother had been, speaking to her again after a year of nothing had felt almost good, even if it was uncomfortable. All of it had just come from taking a few basic D-Rank missions too, and then somehow catching Hana’s notice. Even if it wasn’t true, it felt like her only options were to continue with this momentum she had or turn around and return to the life she had before.

So, what was she going to do? Back before, living alone as a NEET after her parents had essentially kicked her out, was a miserable lifestyle even if she still had all of the physical conveniences she needed. She valued her relationships with all these people she was meeting now. Even Calis, who was a big dummy, she really enjoyed spending time with. It was a choice then of continuing down the path of a shinobi, which she wasn’t suited towards and could potentially result in her death due to her own incompetence, or return to her old lifestyle, where she was alone. It was the choice of being miserable alone or being miserable with friends.

It would take a while for her to respond.

“Yes.” Her voice was quiet too, and almost a little unsteady. “I want to protect you.” She would trail off for a moment, faltering as she realized how something like that sounded. Especially after Calis had been talking about planning how to analyze her weaknesses for the exams. Having to fight the sort of people you wanted to protect felt wrong, or even just thinking about it. Not that Calis needed someone as incompetent as Chigetu to protect him anyway. It was more like the other way around, where she needed him to protect her. Clearing her throat a little bit, she would quickly continue where she had left off. “...and everyone else that I’ve met. I guess.” Awkward now, she would sort of retreat back into her mind as the next mysterious figure approached.

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm

He would nod his head in understanding at her words. The girl was awkward at the best of times, but Calis wouldn’t call her on any of that. She’d told him of her past in the Hozuki Clan, at least a bit. Such an environment could cause one to hole up in a metaphorical turtle shell of emotions. Coming out of it, was always harder than going in. The important thing would be for people not to judge her as she attempted to come out of said shell. He would keep his mouth shut though as the figure approached, it was indeed a shinobi, or at least someone dressed like one. They wore basic Kirigakure combat attire, but Calis didn’t immediately recognize him. Now, that didn’t mean he wasn’t really a Kirigakure shinobi, Calis didn’t know everyone in the village after all. However he would remain suspicious until things blew over. “Good morning you two! The shinobi said jovially as he approached the desk. “Sorin Morvak returning from an A rank mission.” He would say, causing Calis to raise an eyebrow. “Wonderful weather we’re having isn’t it?” Calis would ask, causing the man to raise an eyebrow. “What are you joking? It’s misty and chilly as hell.” The man said right before Calis’ chakra flared like a beacon.

A solo A rank mission wasn’t unheard of, but anyone capable of doing one would damn sure be known by almost anyone in the village on sight. Not only that, but Calis had found when he was looking through the stuff in the shelves earlier that the current passcode of a returning shinobi was ‘Wonderful weather we’re having isn’t it?’ To which the counter command to it was ‘It never rains in Kirigakure.’ signifying that when shit hit the fan, it never rained, it poured. The immediate flaring of his chakra would set the supposed intruder on edge, causing him to draw a kunai as two other shinobi came to flank Calis and Chigetsu. For his part, Calis wouldn’t even stand up, content to utilize his jutsu from a sitting position as he churned the earth beneath the first layer into sand for his use. “Intruder, you’re under arrest.” He would say simply, pointing at the man and allowing the two additional shinobi to move around to flank him. “Surrender, and you’ll be spared.” He would say again, imprisonment was always better than being killed after all.

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 am