Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

Class #341

Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Class #341 - Page 2 Empty Re: Class #341

Post by Akari Chinoike Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Shinsui's hand would tent his eyes as he fought off the headache that was slowing rising. It was ridiculous, this whole exam had gone to hell. His fellow Konoha shinobi, whom he now knew was 'Ikomiki' was arrogant and thought herself superior. Zen was an ambitious twit who thought firing at the proctor was ever a good idea. They were here to take a written test, or rather, to test their intellectual prowess. Not their martial prowess, but neither of them seemed to get that. As Naji's punishment struck them he'd let loose a deep sigh. If that hit had broken any ribs Ikomiki might have trouble standing. Which meant any light she could provide wouldn't be able to reach far enough to truly make a difference. Zen wasn't even worth mentioning at this point. He agreed with the idea of searching the desks, but the kids inability to separate ambitious ideals with what was required would cause him to fall short.

As Doctor Naji approached the fallen girl, who was still next to Shinsui upon the floor, he would be ignored. Not surprising, and Shinsui himself wouldn't act, for he didn't want the proctor to assume he was attacking him as well after Zen's idiotic display. Instead, Shinsui's mind would be on the task at hand. The proctor could ensure Emiki wouldn't die anyway, it was part of what they were here for 'Wait.' He would think as a thought struck him. 'Emiki couldn't survive without someone's intervention, it would be a literal impossibility at that point.' It was a long shot, but hey, at least he was thinking. As Doctor Naji was returning to his desk, Shinsui would speak up. "There have to be multiple answers to such a question Doctor, is an acceptable answer 'To find allies' or to simplify it, 'to find help'?'" He would ask, even if it wasn't an acceptable answer. At least it would get his mind back on task and not fretting over the viciousness of his classmates. He figured if paper and pens hadn't been provided initially then the question had to be answered orally.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 171,375
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Emiki-Chan
    Emiki-Chan

Post by Emiki-Chan Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:41 pm

Emiki came too slight after Shinsui mentioned something about her not being able to survive without intervention which explained the taste of blood in her mouth. And the cloth stopping the bleeding  from her earlier beatdown.

She slowly pulled herself up and shakily gathered a paper and pencil and prodded Shinsui.

I'm sorry whenever I go to speak the words I mean to say get garbled, and it doesn't come out as I wanted it too.

But we were supposed to work together. I'm sure you noticed we each have a strength and weakness to bring to this.

Yet rather than working as a team. One was posed to attack in a moments notice rather than calming down.

Another struck me down.

And I doubt any of you did the medical care. Being to interested in fighting among one another to talk,  build the basis of teamwork past myself.

Although I am sorry that what I wanted to say got lost when I opened my mouth.

Emiki would visibly slump over in melancholy as she let out a sad sigh.

I've been through this test before, and it's variations. Except this isn't live training, and the teacher isn't setting it up to kill the weak ones.

You're right there are multiple answers. But usually common ones for this type of test. It's sad that the other's  haven't grasped the key concept though.

Know yourself, and know your team. In the field. We are all we have. If we can't trust and work together? We are doomed to fail.

She'd slump forward further giving a pained, moan filled sigh. As she put one last bit down.

This is why I hate remembering things and being introspective. Reality is too painful, and I can't out run it if I don't just act rather than giving myself time to think, or focus on reality. I'll shut up now. I really did want everyone to pass. My every action was for that reason.
    But why bother right?  Existence is meaningless, and everything born lives to die. So what's the point in anything? Especially when I'm nothing but a failure that's only gift is in running? Running from reality; running into danger; running to do what I feel is right, running from myself. But even though I tried to help ... I'm nothing in the end.

Emiki would give sad puppy eyes to Shinsui, and poke him with the letter to hopefully read it in the feeble light. Before settling into a quiet depression. Feeling within her heart that everything was ruined forever.

[7]
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

Post by Ikomiki Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:53 pm

As Doctor Naji asked her to step forward, Ikomiki would. The fusee orb would remain lit in her left hand as she did. Even though she had passed, she planned to leave it active, and perhaps even stay in the room as long as necessary to provide light for the rest of the students. Or perhaps, only until Emiki woke up. A strange sound behind her would cause her right ear to flicker, twisting back in the direction of the seats again. It was the knocking of an arrow, but Ikomiki’s hearing wasn’t nearly refined enough to identify the sound for what it was. She paid it no mind after hearing it, but the sudden twang of the arrow being released would enough to catch her attention in full. Ikomiki would twist her head in a slight panic, eyes wide open as she turned reflexively to look at the source of the sound. She only caught the arrow in her vision for a split second before it flew past her.

With her head turned, she wouldn’t see the blade of wind coming.

The blade would collide into the arrow first, and then her, and then presumably Zen after that. The impact immediately knocked the wind out of her, pushing her back a good step or two. She managed to resist falling, although just barely. It took a considerable amount of her willpower to prevent herself from falling backward on her ass. The pain was intense, and it immediately fogged her mind. However, the presentation was important. Ikomiki wasn’t about to reveal weakness. Not after punching Emiki in the face. Not after demanding to pass. That would just have revealed her to be weak. Every other student in the classroom would descend upon her then, and tear her to pieces. All of her actions had to present the aura of strength. She needed to be the one to rip people apart first, rather than let it happen to her.

And so, to the observer, it appeared more or less that Ikomiki took the blade of wind straight to the chests and then wobbled a bit before straightening out again. There were no outward reactions of pain, despite the intense pain she was currently feeling. She would gently rub the fingertips of her right hand down her chest, feeling out delicately where the injury was. The moment she so much as grazed the wound her fingers would freeze, and then flinch away. It was a tiny action that would likely only be visible to the proctor, as the rest of the students were behind her, but it exposed a bit of the facade.

She was scowling fiercely now, although it was from the pain rather than any sort of resentment. Despite the fact that he had just caused her an incredible amount of pain, that was just his right as the proctor. Might made right. There was no sense in being upset about it. If anything, Ikomiki was more confused than anything. She was confident she had solved the problem that had been presented to her. Doctor Naji had told her to come forward as if she had passed as well. Had the arrow made him change his mind? Ikomiki wasn’t entirely sure if she understood now.

When all is lost and you are confronted with an impossible task, what course of action do you take?

If not ‘fight until you die’, which had been her initial response, the only other answer she could think of was ‘run away’. Which seemed impossible, considering Doctor Naji requested them stay in the room at the beginning.

“Very well.”

Once Naji returned to the desk, Ikomiki would do the same. Walking stiffly, she would return to where she had been sitting. Scooting past Zen and Shinsui in the isle without a word, she would return to sitting down. Her expression would change ever so slightly as she did, the movement irritating the skin and muscles of her torso where she had been struck. Although that would pass after a moment or two, and she would return to normal. The ball of light was still being held in her left hand the entire time, illuminating the room. She would take a few moments to continue thinking about this. If the others wanted to continue scrambling around looking for things, that was their prerogative.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Medic | Fuuin | Tender | Blacksmith | Engineer | Chemisty
    Class: B
    Ryo: A Lot

Post by DamienDarhk Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:56 pm

As Zen loosed the arrow a smile would form on his face believing his goal would succeed, the smile however would quickly fade as the proctor waved his hand scattering everything on the desk before splitting the arrow into before it reached the man. Zen had no time to react, getting hit by the blade of wind straight across the chest knocking his bow from his hand and getting knocked into the desk behind him. The hit back knocked the wind out of the young genin, as he hit the desk behind him he would let out a painful grunt before sliding to the floor. The pain he felt was intense to the point that attempts to pick himself up off the ground was impossible for the male. It took all of Zen's strength not to cry, after his attempt against the proctor to being to cry now would just prove to everyone in this room that he was not meant to be here. The proctor proceeded to berate both Zen and Ikomiki before he walked across the room to the other girl who was lying on the floor, Zen could just barely see the man and the girl from his position on the floor seeing the man look as though he was pulling something out of his pocket.

The proctor would pick himself up, and Zen could feel the daggers in the man's eyes when the man looked at him after finishing speaking about disqualifying them if they were to start fighting again. This would cause Zen to chuckle slightly, as though he could fight anymore in the pain he was in. Though the chuckle would sound more like a painful cry mixed with a light chuckle as if the boy was trying to hide his pain by laughing, though it was the laugh that caused the pain. The simple act of breathing was hard enough, mixing in the attempt to laugh just brought the boy unbearable pain. Zen looked to Ikomiki to see how she was holding up only to be surprised that the woman was still standing and capable of moving, 'how is this possible' Zen thought to himself as he stared at the woman. They had both been hit by the same attack and yet she seemed completely unphased by it, while he laid like a useless puddle on the floor.

Zen heard the labored breathing and movement of the girl Ikomiki attack as she was coming too, 'well she's not dead, too bad' Zen thought to himself as he heard the other male speak to the proctor. The male made a compelling argument about how the other girl couldn't of survived without help before attempting to answer the proctors question of what course of action to take being to find allies or help. Zen had to give it to the male he was very intelligent, Zen regretted not listening to the male sooner, yet he doubted the answer was so simple. Still there was nothing Zen could do in his current situation as he still found it painful to move, however he would force himself to climb into the chair of the desk in front of him. Labored breathing and pain in his chest was nearly overwhelming taking the boy several minutes to pick himself up into the chair, the young genin had little option but to sit there and wait while he listened and watched the situation in front of him while he began to reconsider his thoughts on how this test was going to work.
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Post by Hana Kaguya Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:14 am

Fortunately the conflict in the classroom ended after the proctor's quick intervention, both Iko and Zen suffering for their misbehavior. It was unfortunate their wounds didn't carry over to the next round as fresh as they were. It would serve as a greater form of punishment. He was pleased to see the girl regain consciousness as well. He imagined the blocked airways prevented her from breathing properly resulting in delayed recovery. But general first aid generally did wonders on the battlefield, and this classroom was no different. Shinsui inquired about the question, causing the older man to sigh. Was he expecting him to give the answer during the test? That would be cheating. Before he could move his lips to give a snark response the once unconscious girl spoke up after her daze began to wear off. For being in such poor state he was astonished to see her speak the most sense. She actually understood the question.

"You all are running short on time. If you expect me to help with your exam you are out of luck, Shinsui. Everything you need to pass has been stated. Come up with an answer soon."

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:51 am

Shinsui would feel a prod from the direction of Emiki. He would turn toward her to see her writing on a piece of paper. She took some time to get it all down but eventually she would pass him a note and he'd read it. “I understand Emiki. All I have to say is Dr. Naji helped you before I could felt safe enough to move. Otherwise I would've been the one to turn you over. What my comrade did was inexcusable. You're right though, and I'm going to try to get us through this, all of us if I can.” He would say simply before turning and looking toward Dr. Naji, who had answered his question, without answering it. This would cause him to devolve into thought for a few minutes. Eventually he would let out an explosive breath before standing. “Look here’s the deal. We’re all very different personalities, and we need to overcome that. I don’t know if that’s the obstacle or not. But you’re not always going to be paired up with people you know on missions. You have to be able and willing to work with people you don’t know, or maybe even not like.” He would begin, placing a hand on Emiki's shoulder. “I don’t know if you can move at the moment, but we need you to. I’d say overall you got hit a hell of a lot less badly than Ikomiki and Zen did given the sounds of impact. I’m not about to give up here, and if that means I have to drag them through the ordeal kicking and screaming than fine. I need you to search the desks on this side of the room. I’ll go to the other side, because even if I am right and you got hit by a lesser force of impact. I didn’t get hit at all, nor did I start choking on blood. So I’ll make my way to the other side."

Following that he would turn to Ikomiki. “You, haven’t earned the right to have me call you by name. You assaulted another shinobi, one we were in no way, shape, or form, in any kind of war with. All because she talks too much. As a fellow Konoha shinobi, I’m ashamed.” He would say, leaking some spite into his words as he said them. “Stand, lift your arm as high as you can, and keep the light going. That’s all I need you to do.” He would say, giving her the instructions he’d more or less said before.

Then he’d turn toward Zen “Zen, I’m assuming you’re pretty much done, but try to search around you if you can. If you can’t, Emiki or I will make our way toward you soon and give you a hand.” He would say before standing up to do exactly as he said he’d do. If Ikomiki did what she was told he’d stride confidently over to the other side of the room from where he was and begin to search the desks and chairs for any clues. If she didn’t keep it going, he’d make his way over more slowly, but still manage it be feeling his way around.

Stats:

Emiki-Chan
    Emiki-Chan

Post by Emiki-Chan Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Emiki would listen to Shinsui and getting his attention would write one last thing.

My bloodline makes it so my perception goes up when I'm moving,  it's why I was running in the air so much, I can see everything clearly when I run. If the girl with cat ears leaves, I can run and guide us from a vantage point. But I'll get to Zen now.

Oh! If I am needed to steal something, give me a nod and make a distraction? I'm usually loud and fill a room with my presence as a habit, but that makes it much easier to prank or take things when I'm silent since I make no noise when air running. My only skills are my Speed and my talent for Grand Larceny.

Emiki would head over to Zen and turn around so he could climb on, "Hop - owwww! On - owww! Ca-oww can carr-eee us up -owww!"

Emiki would let Zen climb on and would gently lift them up to near the top of the class and would start running around Shinsui, "Let's all -owww! Work togeth-arrr! We can win -owww this - owww!" Emiki would cheer for her team.

It was a start at least, and hopefully all working as one, they could do something great.

_____

Gentle Step: Run on air. + to Speed.

Body Flicker: +1 Tier speed.

Swift Release and CL Buff: +1 Tier Speed. Perc = Speed when moving.

Total: A+ Speed, C+ Perc (A+ -2 Tiers from low light.)

Last edited by Emiki-Chan on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

Post by Ikomiki Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:07 pm

They were all running short on time. While Ikomiki couldn’t see the clock, assuming there even would be one in the room, she had a pretty good sense for things like time. Everything felt like it happened quickly but a deceptively long time had passed. Their hour for the exams was almost over. It was a shame, since basically a negative amount of progress has been accomplished in all that time. Not only were they basically exactly in the position they started in, but three of them had been injured to varying levels. This was mostly Ikomiki’s fault, and she could acknowledge that, but that didn’t make her feel guilty about the situation. More frustrated. Her eyes were still narrowed. They had been earlier after the wind blade struck her just as a result of her pain, but now she was more annoyed than anything.

Shinsui’s rant and the scuttling of Emiki would more or less just be ignored. She wasn’t surprised to see Shinsui’s turn of opinion though. He had been earlier of mixed feelings about what she had done, but seeing the way that she had been disciplined by the proctor made him slide into the negative. It made sense. Once the most powerful person in the room struck out and decided whether something was right or wrong, it made sense that you would have your opinion influenced. That was just natural law. Might makes right.

The marble of light would be dumped on the desk. It would bounce once, as if it had the consistency of an actual marble, before rolling down to be caught on the desk’s lip. If anyone else wanted to play around with it, Ikomiki would be more than happy to let them. She was more or less done with it.

“This is all a waste of time.”

It had been mostly in response to the assertion that they continue to search the desks. Thinking that an exam like this would involve searching for stationary equipment just to turn in an answer like that was the height of stupidity. Perhaps that was an opinion Ikomiki had because she was more of a doer than a thinker, but she would have at least thought the worthless idea would have been given up on already. The comment about ‘waste of time’ had been originally about that, but she was quickly beginning to think that about this entire mess.

“I shouldn’t have to debase myself to the level of engaging in philosophy.” She would be sneering a bit now, although half of that was because it hurt to speak. Her ribs had been brushed pretty hard, and just moving that skin around on her chest stung. It was why her voice had taken on the deeper, throaty characteristic it had now, although her voice was already pretty deep for a woman to begin with.

“If we’re in a situation where all is lost and you are confronted with an impossible task, there are only two actions that can be taken. This is obvious.” She had that same matter of fact tone as before. Maybe that was just the way she always sounded? “Fight until you die, or flee.”

“Fleeing is always the better choice, and should be done if you have the possibility of escape. However, Doctor Naji stated the only rule is that we must stay in the room. Fighting apparently isn’t the right answer either.” This was the most that Ikomiki had spoken the entire time she had been here. The fact that she had to do so was maybe even more annoying. The exam made so much sense to her, but didn’t at the same time. Her immediate line of logic had been cast aside and beaten out of her. There were these unexplained factors as well, such that the lights had to be off and they weren’t allowed to leave the room. It was confusing. “It’s not a theoretical question. This exam is the impossible task. There won’t be any stationary equipment in the desks. Don’t waste your time by looking. Everything we need to pass has been stated.” She echoed Naji in that last sentence.

“There’s no point to working together. There’s no point to looking for allies. There’s no point in asking for help. If it’s impossible, it’s impossible. The only option is to run away if you’re engaged in a problem you can’t hope to solve.”

She would stand up. Shooting past Shinsui, she would make her way to the aisle again, letting her fusee ball remain in the desk. If they wanted to continue wasting their time, they could be Ikomiki’s guest.

“That’s my answer. If I fail for leaving, it’s all the same.”

She would turn around, and walk up the aisle until she reached the room’s exit, and then she would leave.

Fusee
    DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Zen sat in his chair listening to the others as they discussed continuing to search the desks, though it was originally his idea ikomiki's statement of it being a waste of time seemed to ring through him. He had already searched a good portion of the desks before he attempted to shoot the key at the proctor and all of the desks he had searched was empty, however he still held firm that the key to passing this exam was to get the key or whatever was inside whatever it was the key unlocked. Having already attempt to take the key by force however proved inefficient and caused him a lot of pain, so the question that ran through the boys mind was that of how to attain the key from the man that was immensely stronger than himself and the other's that were in the room.

Zen would slowly stand to his feet with the help of Emiki, though he would turn down the offer to get on her back. He looked weak enough without adding to the fact of having to be carried through this exam, both figuratively and literally. By the time Zen stood Ikomiki would already be at the door of the room, with an arm across his chest where the wind blade struck him, and a painful sigh with each step, Zen would slowly begin to walk towards the desk Ikomiki left her glowing ball. Grabbing hold of the ball Zen would strain to lift the ball into the air as Shinsui had asked the woman too, "I.. may.. not.. be.. much.. help.. to.. you,, but.. I.. can.. at.. least.. do.. this.." Each word the boy spoke accompanied by a labor breath as he struggled to keep his arm in the air, he could feel the tightness in his chest as he stretched his arm above his head. Though he wasn't sure how much longer they had left in the test, but considering the proctor said they were running short on time he felt confident he could hold up till the end of the test.
    Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:21 am

Zen and Iko licked their wounds momentarily as the situation relaxed. Shinsui devolved into some protagonist analysis of his classmates which consumed more of his valuable time he could be spent coming up with an answer. Iko was equally as bad breaking off into a tangent once again, though did something unruly which would cost her any further qualifications for the Chuunin Exams this year. The girl was confident in her own interpretations of the rules she revealed her methodology was mere fight or flight. The kitten passed through the aisle and ascended the stairs to the doors.

"Very well. I hope to see you next year." Doctor Naji stated bluntly. Whether Iko was bluffing or not did not matter to Naji, because the sincerity in his voice implied he was serious.

Iko would be failed for her decision, leaving only Zen, Emiki, and Shinsui to solve the single question.

"You all have five minutes left to come to a decision, then. Please write down your answer and turn it in when you think you're ready."

Emiki-Chan
    Emiki-Chan

Post by Emiki-Chan Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:36 am

Emiki would grin, "It see-ows that Emeeekee getting pap-ow and penci-ows! Was a good-ow! Thingeee!" She would say in a tone between crowing and crying.

Once again she'd get herself a piece of paper without disturbing the teacher, and would get all the papers and pencils together near the orb, "As a team-ow! Let's do this-ow!"

Emiki would see what the others chose to do. But she was willing to rush an answer if it came down to the wire. The answers had been more than likely stated. The ground work laid before them  all that was ledt was to take the plunge.

Their success or failure all hinged on this. Of course worse came to worst. There was always next year.

[9]
    DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 am

"Screw this," Zen said dropping the glowing orb upon hearing the proctor say that there was only five minutes left and they needed to write down an answer and turn it in. Taking a seat at the desk where Emiki brought more paper and pencils Zen began to feverously write down an answer, whether it was right or not the boy didn't know but he hoped it was. Using all the information he had heard within the room to draw his conclusion

Zen's Paper wrote:You must rely on those around you to help you complete the task, as those around you may possess skills that you do not, and while their skill alone may not be enough it is the combination of the different skills that can guide you through the darkness. It is through teamwork that the goal is competed, and through teamwork anything is possible.
    Zen didn't care if his writing was sloppy or if his writing was child-like in intelligence, he had an answer and that was all he cared about. Once he was done writing what he believed the answer to be, Zen would write his name on the page and then leave the paper on the desk for the others to read briefly. So long as the other two did not have anything to add or change, Zen would slowly walk to the front of the class to turn in his paper to the proctor with just seconds to spare before the end of the exams.
    Emiki-Chan
    Emiki-Chan

Post by Emiki-Chan Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:37 am

To be honest there are multiple ways to solve this test. I've witnessed quite a few of these ones in my time at WASP, although I thank you for not dumping us in a hands on environment.

1) Relying on teammates, and relying on their strengths while covering their weaknesses will allow a person to overcome many seemingly impossible tasks. Noone can do everything on their own, and sometimes seeking help, or relying on others is the sure thing needed to help one survive.

2) Do whatever it takes to survive. Whether it be running away and hiding from a superior opponent, until one can get someone capable of facing them. Or it is looking for and utilizing one's surroundings for an advantage. In a way, the cat girl wasn't entirely wrong. A bit arbitrary, but I've had tests like this where the answer wasn't teamwork, but survival. Either you do what you need to do to win, or you die trying.

3) Looking for opportunities, and not rushing into situations blindly, and if one has no choice but to do so, then to work with your team. Use them as tools, as they use you. Becoming stronger as a group, than you are individually, even if you don't like each other vary much. What matters is the mission. Not personal feelings.

But yeah, those were the main answers for a lot of the tests of this type I took. Although I do feel bad that I couldn't help get our class to work as a group before getting knocked unconscious. I do appreciate you keeping me from choking to death on my own blood. That would have been bad.

After writing her answer she'd get hers and her teammates tests and hand them over to the proctor so that they wouldn't be too late, and if it looked like they were running at the last second, she'd just take Zen's and hers to the proctor and say outloud, "Proctor-Sama, Emiki feels that since Red Jacket did help us act together as a group, and is still apparently stressed over seeing Emiki attacked, although Emiki feels she had it coming or else Cat lady would not have done attempted murder?

"Still sad that they never introduced themselves. Emiki would thank him for his efforts anyways. Still, here are the finished tests, and Emiki wouldn't mind adding Red Jacket's name to her own test to help him."

[10]
    Ikomiki
    Ikomiki

Post by Ikomiki Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Ikomiki left without much more of a fuss. She had said what she was thinking. More than she cared to say. There was nothing more that needed to be said, as far as she was concerned. If she failed then she would fail. It was all the same to her. She would open the door to the classroom, temporarily letting the light in, and then she would exit out into the hallway again.

When the classroom’s door closed, and she had determined that she was alone in the hallway, Ikomiki would relax. With nobody around to see her now she had no need to maintain the mask of strength. Her shoulders would droop, and so would her general stance. The narrowed eyes she had been wearing towards Doctor Naji would be replaced by a full scowl. Her finger tips would be pressed to her chest lightly, only to be pulled back immediately with clenched teeth. There was a slight rip in her dress now, and through it she could feel the nasty bruise again. It hurt like hell. She had barely been able to hold herself back from reacting because of it while in the room. The pain made her hiss through her teeth.

The clock had been running out though. She couldn’t stay here for long. Someone might come out of the same room and see her from that class. Or perhaps someone else from another class, assuming all the tests were synched to end at the same time. The catgirl would quickly limp off. Having scanned over every room before having entered Room #341 Ikomiki would make a beeline for the nearest women’s restroom. Once there she would lock herself in one of the stalls, letting herself pant and rest there. Somewhere safe where she wouldn’t be seen.

If she was able to be slapped aside so easily by that man it was clear she wasn’t ready for something like this. Not strong enough. She would grit her teeth. She didn’t resent him, but the entire experience was altogether unpleasant. Ikomiki would regret coming here in the first place. She couldn’t understand it. Doctor Naji’s actions made no sense. The test made no sense. It must have been some stupid human philosophy that formed the core of it. She hated it. Her mind would swirl as she thought back to the question that had originally been posed. Maybe it was because of the pain now preventing her being able to clearly think, but it made even less sense now than before. She had given the correct answer both times. So why had he failed her?

[Exit]
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 am

The proctors words would echo throughout the room and Shinsui would immediately turn right back around and move back toward his desk. He’d wordlessly take a piece of paper and a pencil, and sit next to the light that Ikomiki had left. Then he’d begin writing. His mind working furiously as he wrote what he was thinking about the answer to the question.

‘When all is lost and you are confronted with an impossible task, the course of action one must take is defined by each person individually. Everyone has a reaction to such things, and it entirely depends on what that impossible task is. For no one answer cannot encompass it all. If one is fighting for survival, my answer is to try to ‘summon aid and endure’. If that fight is with a force of shinobi, and survival is impossible. Then my answer becomes ‘take as many with me as I can.’

If the situation calls for deciding who lives and who dies, my answer would depend on other factors. Too many to list. If the impossible task is a puzzle, then my answer becomes ‘break it down and work it from a different angle’. None of these answers can work for everything. However one thought process can help more than anything in my eyes. If one is faced with an impossible task, then all one has to remember is that ‘They are a Shinobi’ and do what duty requires. Be it victory, survival, or sacrifice.’

Once he was done he would sign his name along the bottom before standing and taking it to him. He’d deposit the paper upon the desk right after Zen did, the two walking over together. No indication that the timer had gone off before anyone got their answers turned in.

Stats:

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File

Post by Hana Kaguya Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 am

At last it was the moment of truth. The Genin sat down in silence and the sound of pencils scribbling on paper consumed the room giving them a moment of silence. He maintained high alert still a bit wary after knowing what these kids were capable of. Namely Zen. One by one they would turn in their papers as he collected them into a neat pile. He would immediately begin reading them when they were turned in. He deciphered the message they were trying to get across as each one was written in their own unique fashion. After a couple minutes of silence after the last student turned in their test, Doctor Naji raised his hand to a switch under his podium. This was connected to the light system in the room as the blinding fluorescent lights filled the room taking them out of darkness.

"So, to reiterate on the objective, the question states: 'when all is lost and you are confronted with an impossible task, what course of action should you take?' Emiki, you listed several courses of action. Rely on your comrades, fight until the end, and be perceptive of your surroundings." A quick shuffling of the papers he moved hers to the bottom of the pile to the next one. "Zen, you stated you wanted to rely on your teammates. Though, I don't recall you lifting a finger to help your fallen classmate." Setting his to the bottom of the stack he read the last one. "And Shinsui, our friend from Konoha. You have the correct answer."

"As much as it pains me to say for some, you all have passed." Naji said shifting a quick glare at Zen. Taking his cane he'd walk over to his desk unlocking the drawer which contained the stash of required packets to proceed to the next round. "From the lights being off in the room, the vague test instructions, an impossible question, to not even having any material to complete the exam from the start. I wanted to see how you would all handle the pressure and overcome the obstacle. The fact is, there is no right answer. The question is a paradox on its own. But there is a correct course of action to take. My objective was to test your willpower, whether it be as individuals or in a team. Whatever path you chose didn't matter to me, but what did matter is your ability to stick through to the end. As a Chuunin you may find yourself in an unclear situation much like my question. Lets say you were tasked with stealing an important document from an enemy stronghold. You have no idea how many guards they have, what traps lie within, if they are expecting you, and how heavily armed they are. Do you flee from the encounter, reassess the mission, and live to fight another day?"

"No."

"In this line of work you can never be certain about who your opponents are or what abilities they possess. There will be many missions that may almost seem suicidal if you think about it. But you do not think about it. You think about the goal, and achieving it through courage and discipline. These are the qualities required of a Chuunin. When you are confronted with an impossible task, and you feel as if you cannot do anything, you do what you can." The proctor set the stack of packets on the top of his desk before retiring in his seat at his desk. "Everybody here in this room take one. It contains all the information you need to proceed to the next Chuunin Exam. I wish you all the best of luck." The proctor had nothing more to share to the class. They would be free to leave as the exam was over.

DamienDarhk
    DamienDarhk

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:04 pm

Zen could feel his heart beating in his throat as he watched the proctor look over his paper, the anticipation was killing it took all he had not too start shaking while he stood next to Shinsui and Emiki and awaited the verdict of their test. As the proctor began to speak of each of their papers, he would chastise Zen for having now tried to help Emiki. All that ran through his head was that he had been on the other side of the room, and it was dark he wasn't even sure what had happened until the cat girl used the light orb. Of course by that time the proctor attempted a prank on her with the key, unfortunately it was Zen who took the bait. Zen gritted his teeth as he touch the spot on his chest the proctor's wind blade had struck him, though the blood had coagulated there would definitely be a thin scar if he did not have it seen too by a medic.

When the proctor stated they all had passed, Zen almost fell to his knees in shock, though he knew that he was the one that pained the proctor to pass causing him to look down in shame. Listening to the proctor's words about what he wanted to achieve through this test, Zen knew he did not meet the challenge with the best of grace. He would touch the wound upon his chest once more, deciding in that moment that he would leave it to scar as a reminder of his short comings and to strive to do better than he had today.

Zen would take one of the packets from the desk, "Thank you Doctor Naji" the young boy would say with a bow. Before turning to Emiki and Shinsui, "thank you both for your help in this, I know for certain I would not have passed without your help. I wish the both of you the best of luck in the coming portion of the exams, but now I need to get some rest." With those words spoken Zen would head for the door of the class room, stopping briefly to pick up his bow that he had dropped earlier when he was hit by the proctors attack before continuing to the door.

{Exit}
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

Post by Akari Chinoike Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 am

Shinsui would listen to the proctors words, his eyes widening at the announcement that he had the correct answer to the question. He felt his excitement rise as he stated that they had all passed. A wide grin spread across his face at the announcement. Dr. Naji would give his speech, explaining the point of the exam, his condemnation of Zen, with that simple look of displeasure, and a congratulatory manner about him as he gave them the instructions to the next exam. It was in a packet, one for each of them. They were to take them to proceed to the next exam. Shinsui would give a polite bow to Dr. Naji before striding forward to take one. Zen had been the first, he had been second. That would mean Emiki would be the last one to grab a packet. He gave a brief thought to damaging it in some way and ensuring she had a more difficult time. However he would quell that thought immediately. She'd had enough for one day what with being assaulted and all.

"Thank you Dr. Naji, I appreciate what you have taught us, and for what it's worth. I apologize on behalf of my stubborn comrade." He would say as he took his packet and turned to Emiki. "Thank you for your hard work. I hope you do well in the next exams. However know, that if we end up against each other. I won't hold back from clocking you out just like Ikomiki did. I'll just do it to your face, where you can see it coming." He would say before turning and leaving the room.

Exit

8 posts total, at 25 exp per post this sets me at 200 exp for this topic.

Stats:

Emiki-Chan
    Emiki-Chan

Post by Emiki-Chan Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 am

Emiki couldn't believe she was last, last was the worst. Of course everything not the first was the last, and thus was full of fail. Like broccoli, or brussel sprouts. Still Emiki was happy that at least almost everyone passed, although she did feel a bit bad for Iko, still, leaving was leaving.

Giving a nod of thanks to Shinsui she'd give him a gentle smile, and place her hand on Zen's shoulder with a smile and a congratulatory nod. Thankfully with her mouth hurting, her opening her big mouth and ruining everyone's moment wasn't as much as a possibility as it would have been pre-Iko decking her.

Still, it was nice to be surrounded by such potential playmates, and with Shinsui's words Emiki would grin ear to ear and give a huge thumbs up. It would've been clear by her general demeanor that the threat went over her head, but then again, Emiki never was one to let things like danger or threats against her life get in the way of things. Mostly since she never registered them to begin with, but sometimes being a hyperactive idiot was a blessing in disguise, and sometimes it got you hospitalized. Still as Emiki would always tell herself, Any crash you can walk away from with almost the same amount of unbroken bones as you started with, was a win.

[11]

// Exit thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content