Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Where there's a will, there's a Rei. - Page 2 Empty Re: Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Post by Chigetsu Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:20 pm

“You’ve been involved with her lately too? I didn’t know you were...” That she was what? He shouldn’t have been so naive. Anyone as scary as his mother was would surely be involved in the higher up positions of shinobi. He would stare at her still, surprised for a moment. It was a coincidence, but one that was akin to them both winning the lottery at the same time. It took the impact out of his own statement, and removed the wind beneath his wings. Apparently it wasn’t as big of a deal as he thought it would be. It made him wonder if he should have even hesitated to bring it up in the first place. It was good that the leader of the village was involved with people, but knowing that his mother was also spending time with her did make Chigetsu feel a little less special. It was a little weird too, considering the web of social ties present here that his mother was surely not aware of.

“That is… That is good. It’s just… given me a lot of confidence, being with her. I owe her a lot.” It was immediately uncomfortable again. A bad topic for a variety of reasons. He could tell just by watching her, the way she hesitated and stopped herself in the middle of eating. It was impossible to tell why, only to recognize the symptoms as they happened. Nothing more about Hana would be said, even though there were things to say. At least, he wouldn’t. If she wanted to speak, perhaps that could be good.

He stared down at the table, eyes inspecting his empty plate again. With a second of hesitation he would reach for another slice of the same pie, although it would only be placed onto his plate to fill the emptiness in the air, and in his mind.

Village : Kirigakure

Where there's a will, there's a Rei. - Page 2 Empty Re: Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Post by Bones! Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:47 am

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    Kirigakure's Exporter
    "Chigetsu." She spoke, the slice of chocolate cake resting between her fingers. The chocolate chips baked into it, set under the chocolate frosting, with the little bits sprinkled on top. Maybe it was too much chocolate, or maybe it was all the same. To her, it was just another treat. She set it on its side, back onto the plate. Her hands reached up to her face, her fingers lacing with each other as her elbows rested. For a moment, her eyes glanced over at her blade from the corner of her eyes, then back to her son. She would stare blankly as she rested her nose on her hands.

Silence.

She lifted her head, setting her jaw upon the tops of her hands looking over at her son. "I'm glad you are pleased with this Mizukage. It seems both you and I have a debt to pay back to her." Her eyes would fall cold, her eyelids closing just half way as they narrowed at her offspring. "But I have a question. There is no real wrong answer." Another uncomfortable silence. Just a few seconds that would fall and feel like a millennia to the woman, and god knows how long to the boy. Her eyes fell upon the table, looking over the meal they shared at that moment.

"Are you loyal to the Mizukage, or are you loyal to Kirigakure?" She asked, her hands falling to rest onto the table. Her fingers still locked, creating a sort of wall, or barrier around her plate. "Would you do anything to save the Mizukage, or anything to save the village? Which one would you give up your life for?"

There was a wrong answer.

There was always a wrong answer to her questions.
    Strength: C || Constitution: D || Stamina: C || Speed: B ||
    Coordination: C+ || Intelligence: D || Perception: B
    110/110 Chakra

Post by Chigetsu Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:05 pm

A question he never could have expected came. The same topic continued, even as he was willing to let it go. She hadn’t eaten yet. The cake that she had picked up would be put back down. A bad sign, especially considering her normal self. Body language was an effective way of communication, unfortunately. He followed her eyes with his own now, and then his focus would go down to her hands, and then they would go down to his own. He looked down. The pie on his plate was still similarly untouched, just the same as the cake that his mother had set down. It seemed that the time for eating had temporarily paused. Although, he had never been able to eat as much as her. It was all the same.

The silence. It was more than uncomfortable, but it already had been that. This was just a continuation. Sliding down from the last step, which came from the one before. Each trailed down to the moment that they were in now. The way she led on though, dancing around with words that meant nothing and fell quick to the ground, was worse than the silence. It was a slow dance. Not brutal, it led him into a specific location before opening up.

It was an easy question too, even though it made him sweat now as she asked it. He didn’t want to respond.

“The Mizukage.” It came out after a second of thought, although the thought was for whether or not he would actually say it or attempt to deflect the question. There was no point in dishonesty though. He didn’t want to be trapped, struggling for air as she surrounded him. It was better to not try and run, or escape.

“She’s… I would protect her. Not that she needs someone like me to protect her.”
    It was almost silly to think about it. She was the strongest in the village. Apparently. He had never really seen her fight before, except for that mission with those delinquents. “If she needed me to fight I would.”

It was a hasty answer, but hasty was better than undecided and uncertain.

Post by Bones! Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 am

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    Kirigakure's Exporter
    Each passing moment with her son, her vision of a new world became more and more clear. She knew what she needed to do. She knew what she needed to get. She knew who she needed to kill. But it was all ideas, even if it was clear now, it was not set in stone. There was still things that could sway her plans, her ideas. People to do the tasks for her, changing her required tools and preferred methods. It would have to wait. Her great war would have to wait.

Rei would nod silently, not pleased, nor displeased with his answer. It was to be expected. It was one less thing to worry about. She moved her hands to her cake, taking it up with her sullied hand once more to place it into her mouth. The bits of honey and syrup on the back of her other hand. Only to be lifted and licked off the backside. She would take another bite, chewing it only for a moment before the next. A silent minute and she held her tongue, processing and going through her mind.

"So, in the times of trouble in Kirigakure, you would stand to preserve the Kage at all costs?" She nodded, her right hand falling to her side, her left still leaned on the table. She would lean back into her chair, shuffling her feet before crossing them underneath her. Sitting strangely in her seat. She moved, only to flick her hand, threads thrown at the blade and pulled towards her, just lightly tapping the ground twice as it was brought over.

Tick. Tick.

The large heavy blade known as Kubikiribocho would rest at it's master's side, propped against the table. A blade given the name Executioner. She would take another bite of her cake, setting it back down as she finished chewing.

"Good." She would say. Only to smile, "The Mizukage would be more at ease with her precious Bubbles at her side." A name she heard only once. But still, it amused her. At least now, she could see her son and judge what the meaning of the name was on his own reaction.

"Then I won't have to worry about protecting her when the war starts."
    110(-5)/110 Chakra

Name: Chakra Strings Technique
    Cost: 5(Activation) 3 (Upkeep)
    Range: 0m-60m
    Element: N/A
    Classification: Open
    Handseals: N/A
    Requirements: Kugutsu Skill
    Description: The Chakra Strings Technique allows the user to focus and manipulate their chakra into fine tuned strings that can be used to manipulate objects. Once attached, chakra strings can be used to manipulate any object in accordance to the user's Coordination stat. Obviously the user's ability to successfully manipulate an heavy object will depend on their Strength stat. This generally applies only to objects as opposed to people and puppets which are considered to complex to manipulate via strings alone and thus require a secondary technique for utilization. Chakra strings can be temporarily suppressed to minute stubs on a puppeteers fingers when not in active use (although an upkeep must be paid lest the want to repay the activation cost).
    Drawbacks: The strings can be cut by any chakra based or enfused weapon or technique C Rank or greater. Cut strings must be re-activated by the user.

Post by Chigetsu Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 pm

She began eating again. A good sign. His eyes would follow the cake as it went up to her mouth. His own eyes would move down his own plate, with the little slice of cream pie set on it. He would take a bite of it himself, returning to eating. Even if she didn’t outwardly show any signs of being pleased or displeased with his answer the fact that she went back to her food set him at ease for a moment. The tension disappeared for a moment, or at the very least lessened. Back to silence, with his mother licking the syrup and honey off the back of her hand.

With the last bits of cream and crust being swallowed down Chigetsu would nod at her question. His mouth would be cleared and cleaned before he would respond in full. Or at least, before he would attempt to. Nothing would come out, with Chigetsu’s explanation being halted short by his mother’s movements. He caught the puppetry string out of the corner of his eye, and where it attached to. The slight tapping of metal against the floor paused him, and his eyes would be steady and solid on the blade. The Kubikiribocho, one of the Seven Swords. Even someone like him knew about the village and its artifacts. It was an intimidating gesture, and he could only watch with what she did with the blade. The cake that she had be chewing at would be set down.

Then came the stinger. Up until the words ‘precious Bubbles’ came out of her mouth Chigetesu didn’t know how to react, but the moment that they did he would freeze up completely. A harsh pink flush would spread across his face, and immediately he would avoid eye contact. The fact that she was taunting him with that nickname could only be the result of a few, all equally terrifying options. Had she gone and spoken with Hana and found out? Chigetsu hadn’t intended to tell her, but…

He would speak to defend himself, but it only came out as flustered mumbles that were all inaudible, all while staring down in embarrassment at the crumbs on his plate.

Post by Bones! Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    Kirigakure's Exporter
    Small things were what the country was built on. A nameless farmer who worked on a larger field. The field of the farm that fed the town. The town that made money that provided to the city. The city that provided protection. The kingdom that governed it all. Everything was one snowflake of a snowball that rolled down the hill. Rei was but one soldier from a sea of many. But the only thing that set her apart, was the simple fact she had nothing to lose. At least, it used to be the case. She had a family now. And how someone who used to fight with nothing more than to survive had one thing at risk, she would let nothing stop her. She had not just a reason to live, but a reason to die.

She lifted the last of the cake to her mouth, taking a bite in half. The sword at her side, and his face turned pink. So, was it something to be proud of? Something ashamed? No, the silence, it was something more. She put the last bit of cake in her mouth, and she leaned onto the table, looking over at her son. It was hard to tell. After she finished chewing, she would sit back down, letting the silence speak for him.

"Chigetsu." Another question prepared to break his silence. Or perhaps one to make it endless. "If I put the Mizukage's life at risk, would you end my life?"
    105/110 Chakra

Post by Chigetsu Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:37 pm

The question brought him out of his embarrassed blushing, breaking the silence for just a moment only for it to fall over the room again. His eyes turned back up, away from his plate, and he would look at her again. Watching her movements. What she had said earlier occurred to him now when it hadn’t before. When the war starts. That he hadn’t noticed it and was too busy wrapped up in his emotions was a foolish bit of his personality, but still nothing he could have done to avoid. Everything she was saying seemed to be building to some point. Like she knew something he didn’t. He had never been one to pay attention to politics or world events, but now it seemed like increasingly he would be forced to. Not just because of his increasing involvement in the shinobi lifestyle, but also because of the personal dynamics he was involved in.

His face twisted a bit. It was an expression of wordlessness. He had nothing to say, or nothing he wanted to say. Just increasing frustration as her question sunk into him. It wasn’t something that Chigetsu could understand. His mother’s way of life and the way she thought were foreign to him, and so a question like this seemed to just be mining for unnecessary cruelty. It was the same with Kaiseki, that day that he and Chigetsu had met. It was disgusting in a way that he didn’t know how to describe.

“Don’t say things like that.”
    It was an emotional response. The question would be deflected rather than answered directly. “It’s not fair… Don’t…” It was something he struggled with for a moment, having no plan as to where to direct his feelings or how. “...Don’t get in my way. I’m finally starting to change things for myself now, and… If you become an obstacle to that I’ll fight you just the same as I would anyone else.”

Post by Bones! Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    Kirigakure's Exporter
    "Good." She spoke, sinking comfortably in her seat. She wasn't satisfied. She didn't have her answers. All she had now was an aggravated son. She looked over at him, only to lick the inside of her mouth, before looking at her plate. "Good." She lifted herself to allow her legs to fall, her feet resting on the ground. She had one answer, perhaps the most important one for her. The rest was just her gauging the world she was numb to.

"Chigetsu, I would never face you. I would end my own life, before even thinking about harming you." Her hand reached out, almost petting the sword beside her. The muffled sounds of the maids gasping and giving small screams from the kitchen. Something Rei was completely ignoring. "I want you to be happy. I want you to chase your dreams, even if it means for me to sacrifice my own."

She lived in her own world that was long since past. But today, wars still ranged on. They still fought. People were dying. It wasn't a retired culture that was passed on for legacy sake. It was still how it was. Villages desperately trying to make peace, but each trying to put them at the top, balancing the power so in the records they were the one that brought peace. People who all wanted the same goal, would bring the downfall of any chance of it.

"Chigetsu, I tell you this, for two reasons." She put both hands on the rim of her plate, sliding it to the side, having both her elbows on the table, her hands folded, pressed to the side of her face, honey dripping from the corner of her mouth, and chocolate now smeared on the side of her face. "First, a shinobi will do anything in their skill set to do their job, especially assassination." She begun to exhale slowly, nodding to a maid to turn into the kitchen to bring her a pitcher and a glass full of some clear purple liquid. "If anyone looks like me, is ever trying to harm you. Kill them. If they manage to control me. Kill me. That being said.

I intend to travel to the other villages in place of Mizukage Hana. There are things I need for my own needs. And I intend to leave the villages with good standing."
    She looked at her son. "I won't always be here to help out. There are things this village needs that I know Hana will be either too busy to do, or unwilling." She rested her hand upon her hands again, the maid coming by to set the pitcher and the glass on the table. Rei smiling and nodding to the woman.

"Chigetsu, can I trust-"

"Miss Hozuki, your uh... pets are in the kitchen."

She fell silent for a moment before turning towards the woman whispering, though not that silent. ". . . and? What's the problem? Just don't step on them or get them dirty." She would clear her throat, the maid leaving and Rei looking at her son again.

"Chigetsu, do you trust me?"
    105/110 Chakra

Post by Chigetsu Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:57 pm

Her reaction would flow around him. He was aggravated, bitter, more so than he had been in a long time. Just like with Kaiseki. When his emotions came out it was often like this. Just a disgusting sludge that made him feel filthy afterwards. As she began to speak though it would halt, and with it Chigetsu would deflate. He had been in fight or flight mode, whipped up into anger from what had been said, but the moment it was dialed back he almost didn’t know what to do. The anger would slowly begin to recede, although bits of it would remain still in his blood. Even with what she was saying now. Even if it was true. He would still listen, even as he calmed himself and his emotions shuffled uncomfortably. Eyes would flash between her and her blade, watching movements as if they were some unspoken language that communicated along with her words. Because of his focus on how she moved her words would be dull. He heard them late, after she had already said them, and only with this delay would they reach him.

The maid speaking up would snap him out of it, and draw his attention away. His mind would follow, both wondering about the meaning of ‘pets’ in this context. The silence would fill the room, with both mother and son being unprepared for the interruption.

Then, just as quickly as it had been torn away, Chigetsu’s attention would turn back to the matter at hand, and his mind would catch up with what had been said. It was another difficult question. One that he didn’t want to answer, just like the last one. His eyes would turn to the side, to the kitchen for a moment.

“I don’t know.” It was hard to say, and he couldn’t make eye contact while saying it. He couldn’t say what he was thinking. “I don’t know. How can I? If someone looks like you and tries to kill me, I’ll just end up dying because of it. How can I trust anyone?”

It was a deflection. He couldn't trust her because he was still afraid, still resentful, still angry.

She was unpredictable. Enjoyed violence. She was different than he was. But even if it was just an excuse there was legitimacy in it. How could anyone trust anyone in a world like this, with dangerous shinobi who could shift their form to look like anyone that could sneak anywhere? It was terrible. He wanted to go back to innocence. Where he didn’t know about how dangerous the world was, and he didn’t have to think about dying or killing. Even if that was all ignorance and an illusion, it was hard not to envy it.

Post by Bones! Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    Kirigakure's Exporter
    She wanted to believe he wouldn't say a word. She wanted to trust her own son would not out her plans to unite the countries. In truth, she was much more likely to work behind the scenes than to take the spotlight. She did not want to be the Kage, but if that day came, she would take it and put her plan in fruition. She however was not a Kage that would stand with her people. No, she was someone who would charge first in battle leading her people. She was a Kage of war. She was better as a nameless soldier hidden behind a mask. She was just an ANBU without a rank.

The sounds of repeated small footsteps as the maids would shut the door that linked the two rooms, careful to not let the small animals interrupt the meeting.

"Then know this," she would speak, frustration in her voice, but her tongue held hiding some extra venom. She held some words, her mouth opening then closing as she changed her words. "You, me, and the Mizukage now all know of a single codeword; Bubbles." Her golden eyes fell upon him, still not sure what the hell the name meant. "I don't care if you're her plaything, or her right hand. As long as I can trust you to take care of Hana, then I can care less how you're doing it." She did not look away, nor reach for treats. There was no need for a prolonged distraction.
    /
    ". . . Who else knows of the name she calls you?" She was angry, but still, her volume was the same. But still, it was a mother trying to understand her son, and his importance to the Mizukage.
    105/110 Chakra

Post by Chigetsu Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 pm

His body would tense as she said the word again. It was like whiplash. He didn’t know how to handle stuff like this. It was embarrassing, but the cocktail of other emotions that were swelling around inside him now made it hard to feel one way or the other right now. Just ashamed and frustrated. It was hard to tell if she understood what she was talking about or not right now, and the ambiguity of it made it difficult. Especially when the word ‘plaything’ came up, something that did bring another shade of color to the boy’s cheeks. It was a mess.

“Nobody else should know that. You shouldn’t even. What did she tell you?” He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. It was hard not to. Little nervous fidgets like this, where he looked away. “Plaything…?” The word would be whispered again under his breath in confusion, as if he couldn’t believe what he had heard. What did Hana say? Did his mom just have these sort of weird ideas when it came to this…?

“You can trust me to take care of her the best I can. I promie that, but…” He would trail off for a moment. “... Please don’t make it weird.” She already was, but perhaps they had different standards of strangeness. In part it was representative of a certain amount of bashfulness on Chigetsu’s part. The way that a child would react to a mother getting involved in their love life. It was an invasion, even if with these sorts of connections it was inevitable to happen.

Post by Bones! Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    Kirigakure's Exporter
    Bones. Marrow. Skull. She could remember those names. It was long since they were used to refer to her. They were just names that held no meaning, just tied to a single skill she displayed just one time. Bubbles, was likely, not that different.

"She didn't tell me anything." She would saw, raising a brow. Was it something confidential, or something just for them? Was it between him and the Mizukage, or just him and Hana? It was hard to draw lines like those. Moments between business and pleasure. But as it unfolded, Rei started to see the bigger picture. "It was something that slipped out. I suppose my own nervousness around her put her more on edge, and with it, that name." It was like the same when Engetsu insisted on calling Rei "Mommy" even after their child was grown up. Though, something kept to themselves in the privacy of-

"I'll be honest." She looked down at the treats, now reaching for a plain sugar cookie. "I would like to minimize my interactions with Hana at all means necessary. All my reports will be written and delivered to her. I just don't want to be more involved with her than I absolutely need to." The cookie fixed between her teeth, they growing pointed for a moment before snapping the cookie in half to be eaten. The treat lowered as her lips met, hiding her chewed meal.

"So, from this point on, you can expect me to avoid Hana, unless she requests something of me." She looked at her plate, moving it back to her as the crumbs fell onto the table. She would set the cookie down to lift the drink to her lips. "I really don't want to spend any more time with a Kaguya than I need to." She would say, only to smile at the end of it, almost chuckling.

"Though, it turns out you might not be the only half-Kaguya anymore." She exhaled through her nose, a sharp breath like a withheld laughter. "So, trust I have no real desire to intrude on your life, other than staying updated on your skills and progress."
    105/110 Chakra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 am