Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Village : Kirigakure

A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight Empty A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight

Post by Haruko Kaguya Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Mission:

Haruko was on her first official mission, well, first since...back then. The young woman had been tasked with guarding the market overnight, and dealing with the delinquents who have been tagging up the place recently. Hired by the shopkeeps who are tired of having to paint over or scrape off this graffiti, they asked for guards overnight. Two had been selected, both new students of Akeruseirei...but they had yet to even meet. A full moon hovered over the metropolis, keeping even the darkest areas dimly lit.

The sun had set long ago in the Village Hidden in the Mist, and as per its name, a layer of fog filled the air, blanketing the entire market in its gentle mist. Haruko could feel the damp air on her face, smell it with her nose, as she slowly stepped into the marketplace. She had on a simple pair a black shorts, no shoes, and a sleeveless pure white hoodie--nothing on under it but a bandage wrap about her bust, something to cover herself in the event her abilities shredded her hoodie...The hoodie was pure snow white--just like her shoulder length hair. Her hands and wrists, knuckles to forearm, was wrapped in bandages. Her shorts was honestly short enough they could be called 'booty shorts'. But this was simply because she knew her abilities had the potential to ruin clothing.

She kept her hands in her pockets and head down, hood up and hiding most of her snow white hair. The girl's eyes lacked life almost, iced over, simply on autopilot to keep her from walking into anything as she was lost into another world within her mind. Icey hues half lidded, stripped of their innocence years ago. Now a cold distant gaze. By now the market had died down, almost empty of people...she'd lean against a wall and kept her gaze low and lacking focus on anything but her own mind, awaiting the arrival of her partner for tonight's task...someone else the senior Kaguya had taken under their wing, and hoped to shape into another fine Shinobi. But...Haruko was indifferent to it...she'd lost one entire squad before--the thought of getting close to someone else again pained her soul. All she knew of this person was a name...

'I wonder...who is this Jess...hm...'

CP: 135/135

Last edited by Haruko Kaguya on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight Empty Re: A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight

Post by Jess the Plague Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:09 pm

The moon was rather beautiful in the eyes of the young genin, its light reflecting the joy she expressed in her eyes when she looked up at the calm night sky. It was a pity that those same eyes would see low effort graffiti in a bit while tracking down hooligans no doubt, Jess was personally invested in this mission due to aesthetics alone. This city was too pretty for such petty things to be marring the majesty of such a metropolis as motivating as Kirigakure. As such it was a slight upon innocent business owners like herself to take up the mantle of missions to maim or mess up the malicious actions of these marauders.

As the most was thick tonight she wore her thick leather trip pants who's metal clanked if she allowed it when she walked. The black and silver contrasted nicely and a coating of rubber at the base of each allowed the genin to bot become a magnet for lightning jutsu. Wearing black sturdy thick leather steel covered in rubber toed boots that went up halfway to her knee the genin was never in worry of wading through muck and coming out clean. Contrasting to the bottom of her outfit Jess wore a belly shirt that revealed her now slightly muscular shoulders thanks to it being strapless allowing her freedom of movement and support for her modest but still large thanks to her height gals. On her hands she wore only chemical burn scars and various other mars a craftsman obtained. Jess' green hair would be on full display on this mission since she had opted against her normal mission attire of midnight blue wraps.

Jess would notice the other genin on her approach and two things stood out immediately, wonderful fashion sense and eyes that looked like someone who had been through two wars on a losing side. So it would be that this person, this Haruko, would gain the orphan's maternal attention from the get go.

"Hello Haruko of the Kaguya? It's Jess your partner!" She would shout from across the street and about a block away as she continued her approach. The chemist found that alerting those to your presence was better done sooner than later.

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: D

https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3468-jess-the-orphan
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight Empty Re: A Night of Fright and a Time to Fight

Post by Haruko Kaguya Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:52 am

The young Kaguya-Yuki's ears burned with the sound of chains, her eyes finally leaving the ground by her feet to look up, peering down the street a good ways before even being called out too. She could see a tall figure--bright green hair, black and laced with chains and D-Rings pants, most likely bought from HiTopic, overall giving a 'goth' vibe. A belly shirt would reveal a fairly thin but muscular girl as she got closer, at this point likely having spotted Haruko. Was this one of the delinquents she was tasked to deal with tonight? Certainly looked the part, easily hiding cans of paint in those baggy pants.

Haruko pushed off the wall, hands in her hoodie pockets, and turning to face what she presumed to be one of the brats she intended to run off or even rough up tonight. But no, from like a block away the tall woman called out to Haruko by name, and quickly expressed that she was her partner for tonights mission. This caused the young woman's low gaze to lift, and eyes open up a bit--hood even sliding off her head as she did--a slight look of surprise. She had expected this person to be one of the 'wannabe artists' who been plaguing the market at night--but no...it was her teammate? This was 'Jess'? Haruko blinked once in confusion, but her expression soon returned to its normal cold distant gaze, simply standing, awaiting for her to get much closer as the quiet soul wouldn't yell to speak back.

Once Jess actually got into speaking distance of Haruko, at this point the short Kaguya--nearly a full foot shorter then Jess--had her gaze down again, likely focused loosely at the black boots of the Genin she was teamed up with whenever she actually halted her approach, at whatever distance that was. Now not so far, the young woman answered, her voice hushed, only able to be heard due to how quiet the market was at this point in time of night.

"Yes...I'm Haruko...Nice to meet you Jess.." she said, voice polite but laced with her subtle pained undertone, and still flat in delivery--nearly void of emotions. She raised her gaze, icy hues moving up but to the side, unable to look her partner in the eyes, her focusing on a nearby graffiti art on a wall off to the side. "Our mission...Do you have a plan, Jess..?" she asked, timid voice still quiet, but still enough to be heard. Honestly, Haruko had her own plans and ideas...but she wasn't assertive, lacked confidence in herself...what if her plans wasn't right? These doubts had been sown into her, and she always looked to others for a plan.

CP: 135/135

((Deciding to change her dialog text color, gonna fix it in her previous posts too.))

Post by Jess the Plague Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:11 pm

The slight shift in surprise would go unnoticed to Jess who continued her noisy approach as the other ninja began to rise. As Jess stopped Haruko could see her boots even with her head turned downward which put them just at the social distance of roughly three to six feet away. It was only then that the shorter ninja began to speak with clear pain to one such as Jess, while her physical perception was still not the best her mental habit of picking things out allowed her to catch subtle inflections though these were as subtle as a cement truck hurtling into the side of a building. This allowed Jess to infer more than just the words spoken by her partner and begin her analysis of the other in order to best plan on how to help.

"Actually I do have a plan, the buildings hit are all in a specific radius and I've timed out the route that the taggers take every night. So we will go there and attempt diplomacy first if you agree and if that fails I can take point unless you are skilled in taijutsu or the sword?" A good plan required intimate knowledge of all the pieces in play and Jess perfered to extract that information via honey and fun rather than any other way. "That said our exact fighting plan I'm gonna leave to you as honestly my skills are not the best for a fight I just get more creative than I should" this was a bit of bait, in order to coax her partner out of her shell Jess was going to try two plans of 'attack'. Complimentary positivity and involvement in decisions, with those two she cracked most shells down quick via her social jutsus(just doing wordplay lol).

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:37 pm

The young genin listened to her taller teammate, remaining quiet as she did so. The taller Genin expressed her ideas for a plan of action, Haruko finally raising her icy orbs to look up, taking in Jess's features, the green hair and matching eyes...but she would still not make eye contact, no. Her expression remained mostly void of emotion, eyes half lidded as she continued to listen. Jess brought up if she was a Taijutsu user, or sword wielder. Either she knew a bit about Haruko's clan, which wouldn't be surprising--the Mizukage herself was of the same bloodline--or just took a wild swing and hit a home run.

Rather then verbally answer, Haruko would lift her right hand, and with her left, look as if she expected something to come from her right, ready to grab it. Sure enough as the sound of bones pushing, grinding, cracking even could be heard, a bone would protrude from her right palm, a handle formed. This bone had a unique look to it, area looked as if cracked and filled in with ice, entire sections replaced with the cold looking substance...there was no real difference between her bone creations, and that of another Kaguya's functionally...but they sure looked different, and spoke worlds of her mixed bloodline.

Her left hand grabbed this handle, and pulled it out from her other hand--revealing a short blade, tanto sized, but hollow--reflecting that of a hypodermic needle. This was her Hypodermic Tanto, or 'Hika Tanto'. With a fluid flick out to the side, the point aimed out to the ground, her looking back to her teammate...the response was obvious. She indeed could handle herself in a fight. At least to an extent.

[150/150. Learned Hika Tanto ('Hypodermic Tanto')]

CP: 130/135 (-5)

Hika Tanto ('Hypodermic Tanto')

Post by Jess the Plague Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 pm

The display in body horror that the Kaguya could display would have unsettled Jess' stomachs if she hadn't studied for surgery. Luckily the genin instead watched with fascination at the feat achieved here, 'That is more than just Kaguya bones, if I see this in action I think I'll know but i highly doubt it's some form of enchantment on organic matter. Rather to me it looks too natural, still back to focus.'

The thoughts did not take long and did not ruin Jess' experience of an ability being revealed up close. The whole thing brought more thoughts into Jess' head and so she spoke up quickly "So is that designed for poison injection? I could make some for you after this mission. Speaking of what's the plan for combat if it comes up?" The taller ninja spoke a bit faster than normal due to her excitement and her voice shifted a pitch higher due to it. After Haruko would clue Jess into the mission the more physically imposing female would turn with a beckoning hand for the Kaguya to follow her.

The duo would walk for a while through the town as the chirping of insects and low noise of the low amount of foot traffic in this area at night would allow for some peace or for some more questions other than the one Jess was about to bring up as they walked towards their destination. "Is Rei your sensei as well? I think she said something about us training tomorrow as well. If so we should share some information about ourselves. Did you know the Kirigakure Research Team found in a study that your reaction time and motivation increase on missions ninjas that know a lot about each other are put on together? Crazy stuff huh?"

They would be several blocks from their destination after Jess' last words allowing for ample time to speak back and forth or simply stroll in silence.

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:50 am

Haruko hadn't been paying much attention to Jess, not picking up on any hints she was thinking of other things right now--the young woman of marrow letting out a quiet sigh at some point before Jess spoke up, asking about her weapon. She would nod slightly, bringing it up towards Jess in a non-threatening way, offering to show her the item she'd made. It indeed could be used for that exact purpose...and the thought of doing so drew Haruko's attention.

"It does have a hollow core...it could inject liquid or solid poisons." she'd say quietly, lowering the weapon back to her side and held close, so not to accidentally cut anything with it. "...If they wanna fight, I'll handle it..." was all she'd say on that, even lacking confidence she was still planning to take point if something popped off.

Haruko would be beckoned to follow Jess, her sighing silently and after a moment going ahead and doing so, walking with the tall green haired Genin. As they walked, it'd seem Jess would try to make some small talk to get to know Haruko better. Sadly, she wasn't as open to it, and would only respond to the first question. "Akeru-sensei is my teacher, yes...she never referred to herself as Rei though..." her voice was still hushed, almost a whisper, lacking any motivation.

Across the market, a number of blocks down, a group of five people--mixture of teens and even people Haruko and Jess's age--entered the area. Snickers and giggles followed them, whispers of plans--where to hit up--what to tag. This would be the group terrorizing the market of Kirigakure...but for now they hadn't encountered the two Shinobi. Surely it wouldn't be too long though.

CP: 130/135

Post by Jess the Plague Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:23 pm

"I have some solid poisons I simply must bring you by the shop later. You can help me workshop ideas as well for more poison. Now remember I have ijutsu so feel free to stab the little vandals if you want but avoid arteries if you can help it" Jess replied as nonchalantly as one would to a matter of something as mundane as purchasing groceries or formulating complex math equations in ones head. If all went well it would not come to that anyways and they would be spared the headache of having to deal with ridiculous teenagers in such a way. One never knew what would happen naturally and as such the female had to be prepared for anything.

Jess must have had a stroke when the wrong name for her sensei came out of her mouth but she quickly recovered and pivoted to a final question before they would come upon the group. "So what did Aki teach you? For me it was mainly medical techniques, I still lack fuuinjutsu honestly."

There were five of the scruffy ruffians who didnt noticed the genin approach until Jess was around ten feet away, it was diplomacy time and hopefully it would work but the orphan was not sure if it would.

"Alright, you guys have to stop tagging the area with your hastily drawn art and put your talent to use elsewhere. Honestly I've seen some of your work and if you took the time instead of committing a crime and having to rush the pieces would be good. So here is the deal my dudes, stop and never do it again or face some jail time. The Mizukage would kill me for this but if we claim to have chased the taggers out of the village and killed them where the bodies couldnt be retrieved then she would have no choice but to drop the matter if no more graffiti took place. So what will it be?"

The speech was delivered in what Jess hoped would be a relatable manner as though they were peers, she did her best to be as friendly as she could be and offered a rather good deal. Hopefully this would make the group of people agree with the chemist and take up other means of artwork instead. If not the obscured threat would be clarified via force of arms which the five civilians could not hope to win.

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Haruko would hear Jess mention her shop, and express more about her expertise with poisons. This could be beneficial to Haruko and Jess both...Haruko could effectively use poisons in her combat very well shockingly, and Jess had the know how to make them. Perfect. Now the way she spoke of being able to heal them if Haruko cut them up a bit so casually failed to phase Haruko. She'd ruthlessly slaughtered an entire bandit camp single handed only a year ago...she was while polite, gentle even...had a darker, colder, side of pure ice. This side of her cared not for hurting others...an enemy was an enemy. But, she'd hold back, at least for now.

When asked about what Akeru had taught Haruko during their training, the oceans of ice slid down to the pathway through the market. That could be a loaded question...technique wise? Not much...life lessons? More then one may think. Haruko's interaction with Akeruseirei had been an enlightening...even joyess meeting. Akeru had made Haruko smile...the first real smile the woman ever had in the past half decade nearly. But she'd stick to being vague. "Showed me some more advanced styles of the Kaguya clan...taijutsu...kenjutsu." she'd say, with no more detail, only enough to get the point across. She had indeed learned some from the woman, three techniques she could've never taught herself without Akeru showing her.

Haruko's vivid blue hues shifted back up, her gaze moving to look ahead of them. A group of five teens was approaching, differing ages--heights...some barely taller then Haruko, where at least one would make even Jess look short. He must've been the leader of the thugs...Haruko instantly recognized the type. She'd slow her walk, slipping her short sword about her hand to hold it backhanded, blade running along her forearm to conceal it as she continued to slow her pace, sliding in behind the taller Genin--almost hiding behind her...but the calm look on her face told the story that the girl wasn't scared--no...she was prepared. The ice in her eyes told the entire story. She simply was letting the smarter of the two take point on negotiations. With only just over 3 meters, or ten feet, between the two groups, the unaware thugs halted upon noticing the tall green haired teen Genin. No one even saw Haruko behind her.

"Aye what the hell you wa--" one was cut off by Jess as she laid down the line, direct--but polite with them, even praising their possibility of becoming actual artists if they dropped the thug act and put their minds to it. The thugs was oddly quiet while Jess spoke, but their expressions remained mixed. Two of them, arguably the youngest, expressed fear, slowly backing up from the taller Genin. They simply gulped in unison and nodded in agreement, before turning tail out of there. The other three, older--bigger--one even towering over Jess at a good 6'1", seemed less impressed with Jess's ultimatum.

"And what if we just rough you up here and now? I'm a Genin here...they just took my headband for 'bad behavior'...guess they don't like me rolling my teammates for lunch money. How about I turn you upside down and see what falls out huh?" he said with a grin, literally stepping up almost to Jess's face, well within her personal space. His other goons would be cracking their knuckles, assuming it was the three of them on one girl. It was then the teen presented a kunai, trying to intimidate Jess.

"Wrong move..." was all that could be heard, an ice cold tone from the Kaguya-Yuki mixed Genin. Haruko spun right around from behind Jess, around the side, too in front of the taller girl--an unpredictable but smooth flick up with her Tanto of Bone deflecting the kunai into the air--and pointing the tip of the blade so close to his neck--a nervous gulp literally let it simply poke him once...drawing a drip of blood. Haruko stood between them now with a glare that could freeze one's spine. "...You heard her...stop tagging the market up..." came out a flat and cold from her, words hushed but laced with such a serious tone...one would think she was ready to kill him there and now.

CP: 130/135

Post by Jess the Plague Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:58 pm

"Those certainly dound like they contribute to your close combat prowess" Jess replied awkwardly unfortunately at a loss for how to pry further on the subject. This would perhaps become easier in time but for now the genin's focus would shift back to the task at hand.

As the groups approached each other her partner would use the clever ploy of a shy smaller girl hiding behind a bigger more crass female who would bark away the group of flocking men. A tale as old as time with varying effects but rarely did that shy girl hold a concealed blade and the best close combat abilities of the whole group. Now that simply made for a good twist on the story that Jess would have to remember for the future. To further complicate the story Jess was guessing from the eyes of the men that Haruko was completely concealed behind her, now THAT was a funny twist. This would be too much fun if it came down to a battle now. The orphan ninja had to bury her excitement to deliver her speech now.

While a few of the younger ones simply fled, no doubt afraid of the leader who would soon reveal himself to be what was tantamount to a missing ninja, three would stay. One would threaten Jess and while it was responded in kind, one simply did not threaten Jess. The genin would remember this and let the action be stored in a file as she watched all the false bravado be drained by a woman half his size. It was satisfying but the chemist would simply have to pay this man a visit later, just to make sure that he did not relapse into graffiti of course.

"O-o-o-okay ma'am" the dropout whimpered through his lips as his two lackeys looked at each other before murmuring some word that rhymed with agot and rushing each to different sides.

Jess followed the one that went stage left knowing that the leader had his spirit broken as evidence by the smell in the air and the brown on his pants. This would allow her new Kaguya friend to chase the other without worry of the man who was now sitting on the ground weeping silently.

Capturing the scrawny teen was rather simple thanks to her speed advantage and Jess jumped upon his back pulling her calves towards her chest before pushing them forward with her thighs and making up for her lack of enhanced strength by momentum and fulcrum knowing the man face first onto the concrete shattering his nose and orbital bone structure if the teen's repented this damage could easily be repaired but as was would at least physically stop him from tagging for a few weeks.

Jess assumed her partner would dispatch of the other man before she was done and thus would turn around and ask "So do you wanna turn in our mission and meet up with our Sensei tomorrow?" If the answer was an affirmative the pair would leave the market enjoying the calm they had brought upon the district.

-Exit-

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:37 am

It'd seem the two Genin's tactic would be pretty effective--the shock of Haruko's sudden disarming and appearance, the threatening manner from the short Kaguya-Yuki hyrbid, it must've struck a nerve because the stench of fear filled the air. With him scared shitless, literally, that only left his two lacky goons. Did they intend to fight? No, instead they'd mumble a slur about sexualities and both took off in differing directions. Jess went after one, Haruko would quickly go after the other. The one they'd originally dealt with, the leader?...Yeah, no, he passed out where he stood, too scared by having his life so close to being ended by someone hardly anyone would be intimidated by otherwise.

Haruko wasn't amazingly fast, but she was nimble, and the target wouldn't get far. With an accurate throw, her blade would fly right past their head and stick into the ground in front of them, making them halt in their tracks. Before they could even turn around, Haruko had leaped into the air and sent a roundhouse kick straight to the guy's jaw, grounding him with the kick as she landed gracefully, light as a feather. She'd look back to Jess, who'd basically busted her target's face into the ground...both had taken care of business.

The young Kaguya would be asked a question, maybe something simple--but Haruko would shake her head, an answer of no. Not tomorrow, at least. No. Tomorrow, Haruko had plans. She'd step back over to her tall teammate, walking with her towards the exit to the market. "I'm...going to be busy tomorrow...I am moving." she said...a slight tug at the corner of her lip hinting at a weak smile at the thought. Haruko's life was changing rather quickly...But for now--time to put in a Mission report and get paid.

--Exit Post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am