Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Gathering Herbs

Anonymous

Gathering Herbs Empty Gathering Herbs

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:19 am

Gathering Herbs.

Herbs were a vital and important component in the field of medicine. They served as the active component in everything from simple treatments designed to combat the symptoms of the common cold to more elaborate treatments for burns, broken bones and other severe conditions. It was for the purpose of collecting these herbs, albeit on behalf of someone else rather than for her own practice, that Fujikawa had made her way to a local herbalist’s. Their career paths may have differed in the specifics, but they had enough fundamentals in common as to allow the chemist to assist in picking out herbs.

“Hello?” She knocked upon the door of the establishment before crossing its threshold and stepping within. As with Fujikawa’s own practice, the store smelled but the exact nature of the scent was different. Whereas Fujikawa’s chemist smelled of, well, chemicals, this herbalist's store contained a potent and earthy smell, tinged with a minty smell. The summoner’s crimson gaze scanned the interior of the store, eyes moving over the products on sale before coming to rest upon an elderly man sitting in a chair.

“Ah hello young lady. Are you Fujikawa-chan?” The elderly figure, roughly eighty years old, rose from his chair. His body was supported by a walking stick, leg gripped by a cast yet despite that he did still hobble towards Fujikawa, possessed of an energy at odds with his age and injury.

“I am, yes. Do stay sitting. Your leg is broken yes? Unnecessary movements risk breaking the cast. I am a medical ninja so I must insist you return to your chair.” Being both a chemist and a medical ninja did offer her a greater level of authority upon the subject matter. While it was not entirely true that restricting movement as much as reasonably possible would ensure better healing, Fujikawa had alternative motives. She simply wanted this elderly man to rest. Improper bone healing was something she had a natural interest to avoid.

“Ah yes…” The elderly man sat down, resting his broken leg upon a footrest before pointing towards a basket and the book it sat upon.

“That book is my herb guide. There’s a sheet of paper inside. Do you think you could get them for me? As you can see my leg is….proving difficult today.” The elderly gentlemen laughed heartily, his amusement joined in by Fujikawa. The chemist gracefully and confidently stepped towards the basket, grasping it in her right hand before using her left hand to deposit the book within it.

“Understood. Rest up Ojii-san. I will return with your herbs.” She bowed, restraining her more eccentric behaviour out of respect for a fellow practitioner of her craft. Despite the nuanced differences there was, as Fujikawa had established to herself prior, enough similarities in skillset for him to be worth professional respect. The chemist retreated from the store, made her way out of the village and headed into the training fields, herbalist book in hand.

Once she had made her way to the training area, Fujikawa flipped the book open, snatching the list from within its pages and browsing the items listed out. Chamomile, Echinacea, Feverfew and Garlic? It was a rather strange list of items, the majority of them being rather uncommon but regardless, Fujikawa got to work. She roamed far and wide across the training ground, constantly referring to the book to remind her how the herbs she wished to pluck looked like but eventually, she would memorise their appearance and do away with the book entirely.

The hours passed and the sun began to set but finally, as day became evening, Fujikawa headed back to the house of the aging man who had hired her. Stepping over the threshold she was rather surprised to hear, when she put the basket down, a very unexpected offer.

“Would you like to join me for dinner?” The chemist quirked her right eyebrow upwards, confused and intrigued by the option presented to her but ultimately, the matter was decided by her own appetite for food. It was rather late and she was rather hungry. A pleasant meal of a simple noodle dish, revolving around fish and a few simple vegetables. All in all it was a rather pleasant meal but eventually the evening did have to end.

“Thank you for the meal Ojii-san. I have left your herbs on the counter.” This was one of those rare engagements Fujikawa restrained her eccentric nature for, simply listening and conversing with the elderly man as the day grew older. Having eaten her fill and said her goodbyes, Fujikawa made her way home, deciding to collect her payment tomorrow given how late in the day it was.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:26 am