Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

With great power comes.....

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

With great power comes..... Empty With great power comes.....

Post by Tengoku Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:59 pm

Tengoku could hardly believe he had made it to the highest rank he could have. A nobody from the orphanage that had spent years barely speaking and bullied as a freak. His wolf like ears leaving the other children with plenty of reason to bully him. His sister had always seemed the strong one of the two. Beating up those same kids and protecting him. They had grown together up until they were promoted to Jounin and then she took ill. He had to be stronger then. He had to gain the power to defend them both. So he had devoted himself to training. Then the wars began. He had hated them. Hated his own Kage for starting them. Hated his weakness for being unable to stop them. So he had dedicated himself to protecting the village. While so many of their own were out fighting battles and losing comrades he enforced order and justice as much as he could within the village. Gaining a reputation and commonly called the paladin of Konoha. His power growing until his body and confidence matched it. Eventually he was able to hold his own against the bloodlines who challenged him. Eventually to the point that his might and honor was recognized and he was promoted to none other than the office of Hokage.

With that he felt he lacked something. His sword was of the highest quality one could usually find. Reforged from Tetsudashi steel and given a senju wood handle. His katana was a mighty thing. Yet he wondered if he could gain another weapon just like it or even greater. He did not like to think ill of the dead but he wondered if there was someone more capable than even Ashitaka had been. So the one neutral place in all of this drew his attention. He had asked Ashitaka to make him a wakizashi before he took his own life but the boy never had. Instead Tengoku figured the young man was a part of the emporium so there would be other crafters like him there. So he had asked for a ship to collect him and bring him there. The emporium had provided the ride and now Tengoku was standing at the administrative first floor of the tower overlooking the Heavenly emporium. Here his influence as Hokage held little sway. This was neutral ground but still some people stared and whispered. After all Tengoku stood out.

Tengoku had put on some silver under robes with the chest mostly exposed. There were wrappings visible going up his ankles under the robes before his feet had slipped into shinobi sandals. A black leather neck brace moved down his right arm into a glove with his index and middle finger left uncovered and bright golden colored robes hung on his shoulders. His frame was built like a fridge however. Taller than most around him but not abnormally so. However his chest and arms were built as if boulders had been shoved under his skin. White hair hung loosely around his shoulders down to the middle of his back while white wolf like ears twitched slightly. His S rank katana hung on his left hip with a peace tie over it. Still he would approach an attendant with his bright amber eyes matching the warm smile. Speaking in a friendly tone.

"Excuse me sir....I hate to be a bother but the equipment in your shops is...well its plenty good...it just isn't what I am looking for. Could you perhaps direct me to one of your top crafters by chance? I don't mean to be a bother and I have money to pay."

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

With great power comes..... Empty Re: With great power comes.....

Post by Kara Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:54 pm

Kara had sent Mai to the Heavenly Emporium as punishment. Mai had neglected the usual sprinkler maintenance in one of the office buildings in Darhkvale and as a result several offices were destroyed in a mysterious sprinkler accident. It was not a mystery to Kara however, it was incompetence that had soaked the supplies and the sheetrock. But because Kara was also somewhat of a controlling person, she also wanted to quietly check up on her protege, so she had made her way to the Heavenly Emporium to do just that. Not that she needed a reason to be here at all, she was still head of the R&D department and could freely come and go.

Her faithful bodyguard with a katana at his side; Doku, was with her. And he was as delightfully handsome and dense as ever. He walked a step behind her as they made their way to the administration floor, intending to poke around while she was here to see if any deal could be made. She was always on the lookout for financial opportunities, and if there was one to find it would be in the floating city. “I don’t know what good it’ll do here if anyone tries to attack you, Mistress. Had to tie up my sword an’ everythin’.” Kara would turn her head to glance back at the tall dark haired man, and seeing something resembling a pout she would smile and offer back some reassurance. “Don’t worry so much Doku. No one would dare attack me here anyway. It’s far too public. And I’m sure you could handle me just fine with your bare hands.” She would give him a sly smile and a wink then turn back towards the various people milling about. She knew that bit of innuendo would cheer him up enough that he’d stop moping about while she was trying to conduct business.

Kara’s stiletto heels clicked along the floor as she crossed the room, her floor length red silk gown making a gentle ‘swish’ noise in contrast. She was stylish as ever, her long blonde hair perfectly curled down her back with only a single piece of jewelry; a small ruby and platinum pendant that hung around her neck. Her gown was unadorned and sleeveless which plainly showed off her metallic prosthetic on her right arm. The look was simple yet striking, as the red jewel tone was impossible to miss, especially when viewed against the dark clothed shadow that was her bodyguard.

Her honey coloured eyes swept the crowd and noticed something curious; a white haired man with wolf-like ears. She’d seen many things in her days, including other worlds, but this was new. It took her a few seconds as her mind worked to put together who she was looking at, and as she walked directly up to him she would smile warmly as she caught the tail end of his request. “Tengoku-sama, how delightful to chance upon the Hokage in such a place. I don’t know if anyone has yet, but allow me to welcome you to the Heavenly Emporium.” Her voice was smooth as silk as she greeted him, holding out her hand palm down for him to reciprocate her greeting formally. She had heard enough to know that he had money to spend, and money was her primary motivator. So of course she would do everything she could to motivate him to relieve himself of it. Looking around briefly in mock dismay, she would offer an arm to the man, intent on plying him with social niceties. “This is no place for the Hokage, come let’s find somewhere more suited to your station. And there you can tell me what you need created for you.”

Mistress Kara:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:26 pm

Tengoku would see the man taken aback by his presence and question ever so briefly before the sound of heels clicking towards him would make his left ear twitch. Before she was upon him amber eyes that seemed as if they could see all would turn to her. Almost taken aback by the beauty she demanded upon herself. He was not accustomed to such dramatically inclined clothes but his eyes mostly settled on that arm. A functioning metal arm. Such technology this place provided. Or perhaps...yes he recognized her now mostly thanks to that arm. Madame Darhk. The lady who owned Moonspire and much more. If anything she competed with nations with how she spread her influence to minor nations. Whispers said she had an eye for the theatrical and the way she moved to the way she dressed suggested as much. There were more than one kind of power and while his was very physical hers was influential. He would need to tread lightly here in order not to offend a potential ally. Though Kumo would have words he was sure if he pressed beyond the days matters. His eyes would briefly shift to her darker companion and to his sword before back to him. Looking him in the eyes before returning his attention back to Kara as she addressed him. Another swordsman....

She would speak with flourish in his opinion. Even going so far as to offer her hand to him. Normally he would simply offer a simple bow. Hell even as Hokage he felt awkward doing anything so formal. Still his gloved hand would reach out carefully to take her by just the tips of her fingers and bow his head to her hand slightly. His lips never actually nearing her hand. To him this was hopefully the appropriate response. Still he would straighten and before he could thank her for her welcome she was already offering him her arm and to take him somewhere more appropriate for his station. Pink would flush into his cheeks lightly before he would gently take her arm. Careful not to flex his own might even a little. Every touch filled with caution to not break anyone. After all once one reached a certain superhuman level of strength it took patience and restraint in all things. Still he would speak up as he let her lead him. Careful to walk when and where she did so as not to act as an immovable pillar.

"You honor me madame Darhk. You are well known by many and your crafts are famous. I will follow you where you wish but I fear my request will either be impossible or disappointing. I am a rather simple man with simple ambitions after all."

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Kara
    Kara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu

Post by Kara Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:30 pm

Kara didn’t give the man the chance to refuse, as she often didn’t. She found it was easier to get what she wanted if her quarry were off balance. She smiled demurely as Tengoku grasped the tips of her fingers lightly and bowed, it wasn’t the expected gesture but she could hardly blame him considering his upbringing. Well, she could blame someone, but in this case she chose to ignore it. She noticed the blush of pink across his cheeks as he took her arm, and again chose not to notice. She did find his awkwardness adorable, but pointing it out would likely turn ‘adorably awkward’ to ‘mortified and embarrassed’ She was impressed by his muscle control, he was a very large man, especially compared to her, and yet his movements were gentle and disciplined. He looked like he could probably swing Doku around by one foot with ease, and yet his grip was pleasingly light.

She would whisk him away as soon as he touched her arm, intent on getting him away from anyone else that may have an interest in making a pretty penny. While Kara had aligned with Kumogakure out of necessity, she did not feel particularly loyal in the mundane and oafish way that she saw most rank and file display their loyalty. Here she had the opportunity to create something for the leader of the Leaf, Kumo’s sworn enemy. The prospect was tantalizing and in the back of her mind she wondered if she was merely setting herself up for the same catastrophe that had befallen Damien. This is how it had begun for him, he cared not who he created for, he cared only that his creations were perfect and paid for. Just like she did. With disciplined grace she would turn her thoughts from the past to her potential customer, offering a light and teasing laugh as he described his request as ‘impossible’.

“My dear, nothing is impossible. I deal in the impossible and I’m sure however fantastic your idea is, I can make it a reality.”

She was leading them to her favourite bar. It wasn’t a bar at all, it just happened to serve alcohol and she never ate any of the food they offered. As she walked them through the door she would receive a nod from the man behind said bar and he gestured towards a curtained off area towards the back. “Your table is ready for you, Mistress Kara.” She would give the man a smile and make her way straight through the curtains. Beyond was a dark wood table set low to the ground, candles kept the area lit and created a warm glow as their light reflected off the amber coloured wooden panels along the wall. Assuming Tengoku had followed her in, she would gently remove herself from him and curl up on a large elaborately embroidered cushion. She would nod her head towards the other available seats and offer him a seat. “Wherever you like, please, sit. We shouldn’t be bothered back here, Doku will guard the entrance and you have my word he is trustworthy. I am first and foremost a businesswoman, however there may be some that see a member of Kumogakure before an artist. I’m sure you understand.” She was not sure that he would understand at all, but she’d found it better to assume the best in people first, and then be let down second. It made for more congenial first impressions. Doku would nod towards them both, and unless interrupted he would make his way to the other side of the curtain to stand watch, the only person he would allow through would be the server.

Mistress Kara:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:44 pm

She would quickly pull him away from the rest of the lobby. Well pull was a strong word. More like he felt where she wanted to pull him too and quickly if not gracefully complied. Still she spoke of the impossible being her work. Well making the impossible a reality anyway. Still as far as meetings went he had expected to end up in a forge or an office or even a lab somewhere. To end up in a bar of all places. Well it wasn't his first time drinking nor was he new to the idea of a bar. Other comrades in arms had come to a place like this with him a few times. Celebrating their victories. Drinking to their lost. War did that to soldiers. Leaving more and more of them in the past than could ever be pieced back together in the present. Burning their futures for whatever the nation was seeking to gain. Tengoku had resented the wars and held the line at home but now...now he was the villages guardian. Now he had to be more than a soldier. He had to be more than a comrade. Tengoku had to become a symbol. Something the people could rise to.

They would walk inside and his host was immediately greeted before they were led to a private table. A curtained off area where they could sit and talk in peace. Her guard, Doku she called him, would take up position as if to stop anyone from interrupting them. He found that curious. She shared the same last name as the late Damien...a widow perhaps? Something had happened to her or someone close to her to keep her on her guard even in a place like this. Tengoku was confident he could defend himself if need be but she was scared of something. She would quickly explain though that some viewed her as a Kumogakure citizen. She was a business woman but unlike the heavenly emporium itself she wasn't certain her business deals would be seen as neutral. Naturally Tengoku would nod before he would take his peace tied sword off and lightly place it on the table before her. The Senju wood handle and scabbard....with the reforged Tetsudashi steel. Its quality and durability were both S rank.

"I need something of this quality or better if possible made. A blade that's light and easy to use. I seek to become more than just another man in a hat for my village. I seek to become a symbol of both justice and peace. To do so I must have the equipment suited for the task at hand."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:34 am

Kara would reach out to the sword as Tengoku placed it on the table in front of her. With one metal hand and one organic one, she would gently examine the blade as he spoke. She took her time testing the weapons weight, holding it at all angles as she studied the construction. Before unsheathing it she offered a raised eyebrow to Tengoku as if to say ‘May I?’ and assuming he indicated his permission she would remove the peace tie and carefully study the edge. Her fingers never touched the blade, the benefit of having a prosthetic when appraising weaponry was that the natural oils from her fingers never needed touch metal if she so chose.

Not looking up from the weapon she would begin to question Tengoku on specifics. She was capable of creating a more fantastic weapon than the one she held, but she wanted to understand the man more before she began designing it in her mind. She knew he was the Paladin of Konoha, and recently promoted to Hokage, she also knew of his heritage as an orphan. . . but nothing too personal. “This is truly a wonderful blade Tengoku-sama. I can make one like it, I can make one better actually. Tell me, do you want a copy of this style? Or is there another weapon style you would prefer? If I am to make the newest Hokage a signature weapon I wish for it to be the embodiment of perfection.” She would give him time to answer as she resheathed the sword, tied it and handed it back to Tengoku. “If you were open to it, I have been experimenting with a new compound. One that would grant the wielder of anything made with it the power to summon it to them at will. It would be, in my humble opinion, truly the epitome of justice and peace. A warrior disarmed. . .” She would grin ruefully as she glanced down at her own metal arm. “. . .Is rarely capable of defending those they seek to protect. But if it were not possible to be disarmed then. . .” She let the thought go unfinished, allowing the Hokage to draw his own conclusions and waited for a reply to her suggestion.

Mistress Kara:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:38 am

Tengoku would watch and his ears would twitch as she undid the peace tie. It wasn't against the rules necessarily to do so but he was still a little nervous about approaching lines. Still it was a necessity for her to do so in order to observe the blade. Besides they were in a private booth and as far as he could tell no one was paying them any mind. She would pull it free and look it over. Primarily using her metal hand and feeling out the balance of it. Truthfully it was one of the best blades he had ever seen and he was very proud to have it. Still he would listen as she spoke about how she could match it or...to his surprise could make it better. People said there were only one or two legendary crafters left in the world. They said when Damien fell so did the future with him. Yet he understood now those words were simply out of fear. If she was speaking honestly than she was one of the legendary crafters. Much like Damien had been and it made sense. After all they shared the same name. She ran his company...

She would inquire as to what style of weapon he desired and his fingers would idly tap on the table in thought a moment while she sheathed his sword. The click of the guard locking into the sheath. She would hand it back and he would collect it with a smile. Reapplying the peace tie and happy that it was back in his possession. It felt like a part of him had just been handed back to him. An extension of his soul. Even as he finished the last knot he would smile fondly at the blade. Before amber eyes would shift to her once more as she described a new compound. He hadn't answered her yet even during any pause as he had been contemplating. But a weapon that could not be kept from him...that returned like a loyal soldier to its master. He would glance to the serving girl as she brought them wine. It was complimentary but Doku would stop them from actually entering the private booth. They would leave the wine with him to deliver but beyond that would not protest. A rather fancy bottle of chardonnay with two wine glasses on a platter. However Tengoku would pay the interaction little to no mind as he waited for the girl to leave.

"I am a fan of the idea of a weapon I can not lose. As for what it should be....I am a fan of the samurai traditions even if I myself do not follow the Bushido code. Some may consider it cultural appropriation but traditional samurai carry a katana and a Wakizashi. So if possible...this lightweight weapon would be my Wakizashi. I would give up reach on the weapon in favor of speed and close quarters. Yes I think a wakizashi would do nicely. The question is...at what cost?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 pm

She heard rustling beyond the curtain and she would raise an eyebrow in mild annoyance as she heard the unmistakable low rumble of Doku’s voice. Kara knew that Doku would not allow anyone to even see into the room without her express permission, so she trusted in that as she waited for Tengoku to answer her questions. “Doku.” A single word, just his name, and Doku would push aside the curtain and enter the space. He held a tray with a bottle of wine and two glasses which he would place down on the table, filling both halfway and setting a glass in front of Kara and then Tengoku. He would then stand patiently with his eyes on Kara, waiting for further instructions. “Thank you Doku.” “Mistress” With a bow to Kara and a respectful nod to Tengoku he would exit the room once more. Kara would nod as Tengoku mentioned the Samurai and their traditions. She was fairly familiar with their Bushido Code and their armaments, seeing as their Shogun had been her former roommate in Sunagakure and she had personally made many weapons to be sent to his armies. She had more often than not crafted Samurai weaponry, so a Wakizashi was well within her known repertoire.

“A Wakizashi is a fine choice, it will pair nicely with your Katana. A very fine choice indeed. As for the cost, that is always the question isn’t it? The weapon I will create for you will have no equal. I am an artist as much as I am a businesswoman however, and while I would create the divine sword out of pure love of the art, I must also profit. There is something. . .”

It occurred to Kara then that she was speaking with the newly promoted Hokage. It also occurred to her that while she loved money, money was useless if you were dead. “Normally, for something like this I would ask for a significant sum of money. For you though. . . you have something I want. That something is political sway and military power. I doubt anyone doesn’t know at this point, although I would appreciate the information I am about to divulge you keep close to your chest. In the wake of the attack on my late husband’s city - Moonspire - one attack has already been made on my life. Perhaps connected to the terrorists, perhaps not. It is impossible to know for certain and still remain at a safe distance from that type of idiocy and violence. I have sought refuge in Kumogakure, though making more allies is never a bad choice. I am not asking for an alliance between Kumo and Konoha; that is for you and the Raikage to decide. What I am asking for is your pledge of aid to me should any further violence or conspiracy come against me. What I know of you is that you are a paragon of justice and peace. Even if I did not have the knowledge I do, about your life and your decisions, it is evident in the way you carry yourself. The way you carefully consider the many questions I have asked of you, the willing adherence to the rules laid out in Heavenly Emporium. The world needs more warriors and leaders such as yourself, and I would like to think it still needs people like me.”

She would display her metal arm while flexing her metal fingers gently and spoke her next words very softly. “After losing my arm. . . I thought I had nothing left to lose. And then I lost Damien. I keep rebuilding and carrying on, but I must always look over my shoulder now. I was fortunate that Kumogakure took me in, I may not be so fortunate next time. I am not a warrior, or a village leader. . . I am a Doctor and a crafter. I can tell you exactly how to use any weapon in the world, but I cannot wield them myself. It is why I have Doku, it is why I ask for this favour from you now. I will make this weapon for you Tengoku, Paladin of Konoha. It will cost you nothing save for the promise that it will be used to defend me should I ask.” Once she had finished speaking she would delicately grasp the wine glass before her and take a sip as she allowed Tengoku to consider her deal.

Mistress Kara:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Tengoku would quietly listen as she assured him she could and would make him a weapon with no equal. She was an artist when it came to her crafts and as expected she wanted something in return. Doku had presented them with drink but Tengoku wouldn't partake. Alcohol with his senses was like drinking straight petroleum. It was foul to him always even if decorated with fermented fruits. He only drank when it was tradition while mourning someone. So the wine would be left alone by him. A simple shake of a head and a raise of his hand if it were offered. He could smell it already as if it were already being waved directly under his nose. Still his ears would twitch as she explained an alternative payment. That she needed someone in a position of power to come save her if need be. It was a pity that a business woman...a civilian had to fear for her life. But he could not ignore that the reason being for her paranoia...her late husband...had been brought down by terrorists raised in Konoha. He regretted the actions of mockingbird and was comforted by the idea that all of them were dead. Or soon to be.

He would run a hand through his silk like white hair as scratch idly at his ear a little as he thought it over. She wanted protection more than money. It was a tempting offer truly. How much could he save by making a simple pledge that may never come to be? It would be so easy to simply nod and accept her offer. However he didn't feel right about it. There were too many unknowns and if he made the promise and failed...it would haunt him. It was obvious in the silence that he was truly contemplating it. However he would sigh as his shoulders slumped slightly. He knew what the right thing to do was...even if it cost him financially. Taking a breath his amber eyes would look up to meet hers as he smiled softly. Speaking with a warm tone behind his words.

"Mistress Kara, while I appreciate the offer I can not in good conscience take advantage of your fears. Instead I will alleviate them. While you are within Konohas borders so long as you commit no crime you will be protected. However outside of our borders our relations with other nations are in turmoil. If we have to cross their territories to save you we will have to ask permission. However I will say this. Where ever evil lurks. Whenever we can do good. Even if I have to personally step in Konoha will be there to save those in need. We are no longer the warmongering country we once were. Under my rule, Konoha will do what is right. As for the cost you need not pay me anything for this promise. I will pay your asking price for this weapon if I can...and if its within my budget...I will ask for three more things as well. Armor for me. Three pieces of quality gear. Bracers...shin guards and a shoulder guard. For those three things and the sword how much will I owe you?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:16 pm

It had been a long shot, the offer to create his weapon for the promise of future security. And as she watched the wolf like man’s shoulders slump she found herself irritated. He was annoyingly. . . ethical. Most others would have jumped at the chance to save a bit of coin. She was glad for the money of course, but she would have preferred the debt. Her face did not show her annoyance, as with most other trivial emotions she kept her features under control and instead chose to display disappointment followed by an expression that said ‘I’m sad, but doing my best to hide it.’

With a smile and a dismissive wave of her hand she allowed the idea to drop. There were yet more requests and she didn’t have time to play at emotions. “Tengoku-sama, ever the paladin. It seems you were aptly named. It is good to see that Konoha is led by a man with such strong morals, I look forward to seeing your future. Perhaps one day I shall visit it myself.” Her smile was genuine along with her words, she cared little for this current turn of events. She would maintain her health and security some other way. Taking a sip of her wine she would weigh the idea of cost quickly.

“No matter, if you wish to deal in cash, then cash it shall be. For the sword, bracers, shin guards and shoulder guard. . . One million, seven hundred and fifty thousand. Are there any special requests for the armor pieces?” She would begin measuring what she could see of him with her eyes, making no attempt to disguise her scrutiny as she waited to see his reaction.

Mistress Kara:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:55 am

Tengoku would smile. Almost appearing bashful to her comment. She was being kind even if he could visibly see her disappointment in his answer. Unfortunately as a world leader he could not justify agreeing to cross borders without permission. He wished he could easily vow to protect anyone but that just wasn't how it worked for him. Not really before due to his enlistment to Konoha. Not now due to his leadership of it. Still he would protect anyone innocent where and when he could. That was just words for now to her. At least until it was proven by action. Still he would focus on the matter at hand. A business deal for him. She was content making money at least but for now he just needed more gear. The armor and two swords were strongly inspired by samurai to be honest. He liked them even if they naturally hated him. And with good reason to hate shinobi in general. Honestly this need for armements was a sad constant in this world. He even wondered if this would be enough to put him on par with those who held strength in this world. He would bite his lip and force those thoughts out however.

She would mention the price and Tengoku would resist flinching. That was....well he could swing it but he would be virtually broke after. The office of Hokage paid for his living expenses but he would need to do missions beyond that to recover financially. Still he could do it. He would take a breath as she asked if there was anything specific he wanted with the armor. An idea springing into his head as a hand rose to stroke his chin. "Well...I would like them all to be durable and if possible lightweight. (constitution buff) Also I hear you are a brilliant engineer so I have one special request for them...could you make them appear as decorative jewelry and expand out into armor when I wish to use them? Like wrist....ankle and arm bracelets that uh...well they expand as needed to..I don't really know how to explain it.... but anyway." Tengoku would reach into his inner jacket and pull out a money clip. Pulling it out between his index and middle finger before setting it on the table. One million ryo in the largest currency denominations available. "I will pay one million up front to cover any overall cost to you. The rest I will pay upon completion of all the pieces. Does this work for you?"

Stats:

Current attunement -

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat May 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Kara nodded at Tengoku’s reply. His request was intriguing and she was excited to create what he described. She knew that the amount she had asked for was far beyond what most Shinobi had just laying around, and so when he pulled a money clip out from his inner jacket she would smile. She would extend her metal arm and take the clip of ryo from him with it, placing it seemingly uncounted in her palm and turning towards the curtain that separated them from prying eyes. “Doku.” was all she said as the large swordsman pushed back the curtain and looked down at her. It took him a few seconds to realize what his Mistress wanted, as soon as his eyes spied the clip of money she held Doku’s eye lit up and he took it and placed it in his own pocket. With a short bow he would turn and exit the booth again, leaving Kara to return her attention back to Tengoku. She had not technically counted it. She knew how much a single bill weighed and based on the weight in her hand she was able to determine exactly how much she was holding. It was a trick she’d learned to help ease negotiations, she had found that if it did not appear that she was counting the offered currency that it set her client at ease. Apparently some viewed the act of ‘counting’ as a sign that they were not trustworthy. She found the notion ridiculous however was willing to find a way around it in order to engender deeper trust between herself and her clients.

Once the money was secured, Kara would smile again while picking up her wine glass and finishing off the last sip. “That shall do nicely Hokage-sama. I will get to work immediately, in truth I am eager to begin. Once completed I can leave your items here, or have them sent to Konoha if you prefer. The sword as we discussed and three lightweight armor pieces. Having them begin as jewelry is both beautiful and clever.” Kara took note of his preference, making mental calculations as to exactly how long it would take for him to receive his ordered pieces. She would give him a wink as she rose gracefully from where she sat and made her way to the curtain.  

“If there is nothing else then, I shall take my leave. I have much to attend to now and as I said, I am eager to begin. Twenty one days from now is when I will have your items completed. Until then, be well Tengoku.” And with that she would exit the booth, assuming that Tengoku had no cause to stop her. With Doku in tow Kara would head towards the market district of the Heavenly Emporium, stopping long enough to purchase the supplies she needed that she did not already have with her. Once her purchasing was completed she would make her way to the workshop, wanting to start immediately.

[Exit Thread]

[Taking 1 million ryo from Tengoku and purchasing items at market. 30 units of Ebony (8k ea. = 240k ryo), 2 units of Titanium (1k ea. = 2k ryo), 4 units of Gold (2k ea. = 8k ryo), 150k worth of Precious Gems, 20 units of Silk (1k ea. = 20k ryo). Total Spent = 420k ryo (580k ryo left over)]

Mistress Kara:
    Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Wed May 05, 2021 11:22 am

Tengoku would watch quietly as she called for Doku and had him handle the large sum of money. It was wise of her to do so. Even here such a large lump sum would draw the greedy and desperate. Tengoku had felt comfortable in his own abilities to handle any such occurrence nicely. However for a business woman even with her metal arm it wouldn't do to simply do as he did. Doku was there for a purpose and it made sense. Still Tengoku would watch him quietly with amber eyes. Curious on what this guard was capable of. All the same she would mention a time frame for when it would all be done and he would nod his head. As if to confirm his order. A part of him wanted to make a light hearted joke about a receipt but he would hold off. Someone of her station likely didn't deal in those. Nor did he suspect he would need one. If anything he was simply pleased with her being able to craft everything he had asked for. When she inquired on where to send it he would smile and reply to her warmly.

"If you would be so kind to send it to my office in Konoha I would be appreciative. I look forward to seeing your work."

Still she would rise and when she did he would as well. He would force himself not to be taken back by the wink. He wasn't the shy boy he had been before anymore. He was the Hokage now and that meant he could no longer be bashful in the presence of important figures such as Kara. The fact that she was willing to make all of this for him for under two million actually made him rather happy. Still as she excused herself and wished him well Tengoku would nod respectfully to her as well. Not a low bow but a nod of recognition. Responding to her in kind once more.

"You as well Lady Darhk. May you find peace in all your days."

With that he would fold his hands behind his back and wait until she was gone before stepping away from the table as well. He didn't touch the alcohol left there despite the possible insult to the establishment. Instead he would turn towards the journey home. He had concluded his business here so now....now it was time to get back to the grind. Though as soon as he returned home he would have the other seven hundred and fifty thousand ryo prepared and set aside to be sent to her as soon as his armor and weapon arrived.

Exit thread

7 posts x 10 exp a post = 70 exp
    - 1,750,000 ryo

Stats:

Current attunement -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:55 am