Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Light Venture

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Village : Minor Nation

A Light Venture Empty A Light Venture

Post by Ren Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:01 pm

So many things were beginning to unfold for Ren all at once, there were several things that still needed to be done before he could truly move forward with all of his work. Unfortunately there were only so much he could do on his own, and even more that was beyond his skills. He thought for sure that he would have to employ Okane, if the self proclaimed Grand Merchant was available. That however would likely draw unwanted attention, if not to himself than to the organization. Ren was no fool, Okane was a world renown crafter and among the smartest people there are, while his work would likely benefit Ren's endeavors the likelihood of Okane discovering the truth was high. It would be one thing if he knew the man could keep a lid on things, however given the man's fondness of press conferences that seemed highly unlikely, especially when things start happening. As luck would have it however, Ren heard whispers of a craftsman that was here within the base camp, if Ren could find that man then he could possibly see to acquiring his services and not risk a public scene just yet.

Getting a basic description of what this crafter looked like, Ren would begin searching for the man. The red of his three tomoe Sharingan staring out from beneath his short dark hair, the white Sweetsilk cloak bearing a large Uchiha clan symbol upon the back and a small symbol on the front left side draped over his shoulders covering his dark blue Kisode. The Salamander Summoning Contract strapped to the back of his belt as well as the other small tools that he carried hidden beneath the cloak, while his other gear like the Uchiha Gunbai or Sword of the Thunder God awaited his call within the Kamui Dimension. Ren was already formulating a list within his mind of the things that he would need to ask the crafter for, so that he could move forward and ensure that the Light was ready for the future.

Class: X
    Renown: 25,500
    Skills: Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Bukijutsu | Kuchiyose | Sensory
    Elements: Katon | Raiton | Suiton | Doton | Fuuton
    Techniques: Here
    Stats: (19/23)
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: A
    Speed: B -> B+ (Lifestyle)
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B (A w/Sharingan)

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

A Light Venture Empty Re: A Light Venture

Post by Gyokusho Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:41 pm

8b8524e1cf18cdd1502e613de251ee74.jpg
    Garbed in a collection of greys and blacks, the man had set up a kind of make-shift selling station out of the cart he had pulled with him while hooked up to Gyobu. His cloak was covered with perhaps a few hundred individual feathers ranging from black to a pale, creamy-gray. This is to say… he stood out in the crowd. Further, among the festivities that had popped up, Gyo’s little stand had attracted a rather robust traffic of clients, regardless of where he had pulled it off to. Without fail, a higher end group of patrons sought him out for various tinctures, elixirs, and medicines. Some also sought weapons, but because he generally did not make low quality, cheap items, many could not afford some of his higher end prices and he had no issue charging luxury prices. As such, many ended up window shopping, but he had a steady stream of clients who could afford at least mid-tier supplies. Plus, he was… fairly famous within a variety of underground circles, and they tended to have a great deal of money.

While he was not on the look out for danger, he did not fully relax out in the open either and kept his head generally on a swivel. That said, he also did not seek to meet anyone in particular, and about the time that ren would locate him – which should not be difficult given his bright blond hair, wildly colored eyes, and feathery garb – he would have just sealed a sale on a small vial of a dull, rust-red liquid in a set of 3 vials to an older woman. What she needed it for he did not ask as she had the funds to pay for it. He would quickly, almost effortlessly, move on to the next set of customers, perceptive eyes susing out which among them was most vulnerable to a quick offering of a limited time discount or who had finally committed to buying something. Under his watchful gaze and fingers ending in gold and black claws, the crowed moved for him as if a mere collection of marionets.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Strength: E++
    Constitution: B
    Speed: D
    Coord: X
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A+

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:22 pm

Finding the crafter rather easily, Ren would wait for the man to finish with the customers that he had before he would approach. "Are you the one they call Gyokusho?" Ren would ask in a monotonous manner, looking over the items within the man's cart as he awaited the answer. "I am here on behalf of a generous benefactor within the land of Rice, and they would like to employ your services on a number of projects that they have planned. They sent me to see if you are up to the task, as well as test the quality of your work. In truth we hear you are quite the crafter, if this is true then I would like to know if you take custom orders in addition to the generic items you are selling." Ren would pause giving the crafter a chance to answer before continuing with his request, "to start I would like to purchase two thousand Titanium Kunai and twenty small blank scrolls, ten to seal them within and then another ten left blank. Following this I need twenty Titanium Tantos, five sets of Wireless Communication Radios, one hundred Flash-Bang Bombs, and fifty Auto Injectors. Finally, for the custom look." Ren would pull out a small piece of paper that had ideas written on it with a hand drawn image of a mask, "I would like ten of these as well. If you are able to handle this task, then we can discuss the rest in a more private area. My employer does not want any attention to their dealings, so I will be acting as an intermediary for the matters, but I know what they wish for and so it is only a matter of oversight to ensure that it is done properly." There was also the question of poison and other chemicals that he needed, but for now he would let the Crafter process all that he was asking.

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Gyokusho Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:15 pm

Why yes, that would be me indeed. He looked at the new arrival, noting his prominent sharingan. Bold, to say the least. And who might you be, my good sir? He heard the "benevolent benefactor" and read between the rather thin lines. Something told him that this fellow would not be answering the question, but one could never be sure. You flatter me, but I do alright in the crafting space. Naturally as one who takes pride in his trade, I'm more than happy to take custom orders, for a price of course. Ren then lead into a rather long list of requests. Gyo listened intently, though a kind of blithe indifference settled onto his face, as per usual. His rainbow eyes drank in the whole affair.

He took no notes however, fully trusting in his ability to remember the whole lot. A great deal of these request came to his mind as items from a loosely modified catalog Kiyoshi had recently shared with him. That said, nothing too interesting minus the sheer volume of requested items. Arming an army it would seem, though Gyo was not necessarily going to ask about it. He did make the mental note though, before accepting a piece of paper with a drawing of a mask. He gave it a glance, produced a pen from seemingly nowhere, and made a couple notes, a few adjustment and ideas, and made a few additional lines to modify the fit and appearance to the mask. Naturally, I can handle this without issue. Interesting mask design. I assume you know this, but having never seen anything quite like this, 10 will be quite... notable for whomever should wear them. We can of course retreat to a private room if you like. If this is of great urgency, I will pass off these requests to one of my associates.

If Ren indicated he needed the added speed, Gyo would rapidly scrawl the ordered list in a beautiful, almost caligraphic script and hand it off to a short man behind the counter to get to work immediately. They could then retreat inside to a nearby home, should the Uchiha need; Gyo had rented out the eastern wing of a rather well-appointed estate, which would provide them a measure of privacy.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:13 am

Ren was slightly surprised when asked his name, considering the fact that everyone seemed to know him nowadays. "You may call me, Junichiro." Ren would reply, giving the man his father's name. Considering the fact that he was the spitting image of his father, albeit younger, it would not be hard to pass as the other man. As far as the world knew Junichiro was still at large, only himself and Sienna knew otherwise. Of course if this had been a test from the other man to see how honest Ren was and the man in fact did know who he was, then he just failed the test. "Price is not an issue, Dearie. My benefactors have seen to it that I all well prepared for any price you may have, be it Ryo or something more Precious." Ren would answer, emphasizing the word precious as he spoke of the different village exclusives, though that information he would keep to himself for now until they were in a more private setting.

After the man had time to look over the paper and make his remark, Ren would chuckle slightly. "The masks are nothing to worry about, my benefactors wish for the world to know of them, but not who they are." Ren would answer simply, while Gyokusho was right the masks would likely draw attention, so long as they hid who wore the mask it did not matter. "While we can continue this discussion elsewhere, I am afraid I will need to inspect the quality of it all before I can sign off on the commission for the other project, after all that is what I am here for." Ren would state with a smile and small head nod as he moved to follow Gyo into the nearby home, once they were inside Ren would move towards the closest table producing a small case that would appear on top of the table from the Kamui Dimension. "I have here Two Million Ryo to cover the cost of my current request, provided of course you find this payment to be acceptable." Ren would state as he motioned to the small case, of course he had more Ryo should the man require it, though Ren would not over pay and if the man asked for too much then he would simply have to take his business elsewhere. "As for the other project, how are you with traveling? My employers have a number of buildings they wish to have constructed within their land, that the current architects are incapable of building. They understand that these buildings will be costly, but they are more than capable of covering the cost of them as well as paying you for your time. As I said outside if Ryo is not what you wish, they have other more precious ways of payment. They have been working quite feverishly to acquire a number of secrets from various hidden villages that they can substitute in for payment if you so desire." Ren wouldn't go into further details just yet, wanting to see if the man was interested in money or knowledge before he continued. While he didn't go into the details of the buildings his employers wanted he did provide the man with a small packet of papers that detailed the large amount of special buildings that the village was looking for, with a rough estimate of this project taking three to four months simply due to the number of buildings that was required.

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin
    Catnapper

Post by Gyokusho Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:40 pm

Ah, graced by the Junichiro of relative Uchiha fame - or infamy, depending on your perspective. Strange of him to have ventured so far from his beloved clan to this backwater place. Strange also of him to have... regressed in age, by his appearance. Gyo did not make it much of a habit to keep up on every piece of minutia within the Uchiha clan and truth be told the perpetual infighting of them exhausted him somewhat, but they were, of course, outrageously famous within the ninja world, and Konoha was a powerhouse. And he had... connections. Words traveled, and he merely recalled some of them, particularly that of people who were still "at large." And "dearie" paid to a stranger from such a hard-ass clan loyalist. He supposed it didn't really matter at present. Money was on the line, as his ears perked at the mention. Again, the request thus far did not sound terribly complicated. He could barely contain a chuckle though at the notion that price was no object, but managed instead to grin slightly.

As he followed the other fellow into the room, he would say only of the masks, Sure, as long as you are aware, it's all the same to me. He'd listen intently as more projects meant, of course, a higher fee. His swirling, kaleidoscope of eyes would take in as a suitcase warped into existence, allegedly containing a tidy sum. He would interject simply: That will do. I do typically charge for the cost of materials as well, unless your benefactor already has them on hand of course. Either way, really. He'd charged Blitz in the exact same manner and anyone familiar with his shop could intuit as much. His inflection never changed from a polite, conversational tone bordering on flippant though. He was really waiting to hear on this additional project, and of course these "more precious" things. Gyo already had money.

And there it was. Oh, I am available for travel, for the right price. Architecture you say. if the locals cannot complete it, you're either in the middle of nowhere or these are no ordinary buildings. Or both, I suppose. Buildings I can do though, just let me know what you envision and the intended purpose. And the timeline, so I can put my affairs abroad in order. Just make sure I appoint the various managers of my stores as in charge for a more extended period, so it doesn't need to be exact. He'd smile as he chattered, mirroring the relatively good-nature the other man had presented. He assumed Ren didn't care about his business, but he wanted to make clear the timeline was simply another piece of the sale, particularly for a remote job.

Obviously price will depend on the length of time and type of building, as well as the quantity. It seems you're well acquainted with this sort of thing though so I won't droll on though. Money is nice, but as you seem aware, there are many things more... precious as you put it. He'd begin leafing through the packet provided, getting the answer to the timeline and a general sense of the scope of the work as he did so. The rate at which he read bordered on inhuman. Ah, forgive me, I should have read this sooner; I did not intend to waste your time, Junichiro-dono. A project of this scale certainly deserves something more grand than bank notes, wouldn't you say? Though I must confess you have me at a bit of a disadvantage. Secrets of a village or villages can mean a whole host of things, from great to small. He'd leave the question hanging there a bit, though he kept hold of the packet, seeming quite clearly interested as he went back over a few of the pages. He loved to build things, and getting a few higher-end pieces of information or techniques or relics would be icing on the cake. He simply didn't know the scale of Ren's acquisitions.

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:07 pm

Ren would scoff at Gyo's comment about the price of the materials, he knew that 2 million was more than enough to cover the cost of the materials and still leave the crafter with an ample sum. For the man to ask for more was simply an insult, however Ren was not above negotiation. "You can use this sum to cover the cost of the order for now, if the price of materials prove greater than the estimated amount that my benefactors believe it would and I find the items acceptable, then I will speak with them about additional payment for the order." Ren would reply in the same tone he had been speaking, as the matter moved on to the larger project and Gyo would ask about the time frame the Uchiha would consider for a moment before speaking. Considering the scale of the project it really came down to the crafter as far as how long it would actually take, but considering the man asked Ren would give his estimate. "My benefactors wish to increase the income of their nation, beyond the simple sale of rice and other accomodations. They wish to have distilleries and factories built to help improve such, there is also the requirements of an advanced medical facility to tend to the things that are simply beyond a normal hospital. A grand estate for the leader of the village itself to reside, a decent forge for crafters, as well as communication Towers to ensure that the radios work efficiently within the country. All in all, a project of this size and magnitude will likely take a minimum of four months though of course that completely depends on you and your work ethic." Ren would state with a sly smile, the last comment not meant as much more than a jab to see if the man had the fire in his belly for such a tremendous endeavor. "As you said secrets can be great or small, in truth, my benefactors have spent many years collecting these secrets and while I do not know the measure of them all. I can say that they hold a number of techniques that many villages hold to be dear. Secrets of the land of lightning before it was consumed by Kirigakure, or even the secrets of the sand before it was consumed by Iwagakure. My benefactors knowledge is limitless, and they will share it with you only once the job is completed. They will cover the cost of the materials for the buildings, and then once you are finished, they will give you the secrets that you wish to know. The question becomes, do you wish to take on this assignment or should I find another more capable crafter?" While it would be easier for Ren if Gyo took the job, he was not above seeking out another to take on the job, all it would do is delay his timeline. The quicker he could resolve this issue, the sooner he could move on to more pressing matters, so he had to hope that the man would be able to fullfil his first order soon as well as agree to take on the larger project so that they could get started on it. Of course if the man did not agree to the other project, then he would continue his search for one who could.

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin
    Catnapper

Post by Gyokusho Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:59 pm

The placid, semi-friendly smile Gyo perpetually wore when conducting business shifted ever so slightly to a more alive, overt grin for a moment when the other man scoffed. A man who did not do his research, particularly with a job of such scale, amused the Yokai. Anyone who had even cursorily looked him up would know that Gyokusho as a matter of course always charged for base materials. He had charged the Mizukage along with everyone else. Still, the blonde would not respond to the overtly rude remark and action, nor would he shift other than the tiny tick of his grin and the continual swirling of his strange eyes.

As this Junichiro began speaking about the single most banal request Gyokusho could imagine, he would resist the to roll his eyes but not the need to giggle slightly, under his breath. For the briefest of moments he considered what strangely good timing it was that Kiyoshi had, without any provocation, given him blueprints to... everything this man had asked for. What an auspicious sign from the gods it would have been, if Gyo didn't know them to be dead. The mirth of his small laugh would color his tone as he responded to Ren. Oh, my dear Junichiro-san, this is not a matter of "work ethic," as you put it, though I appreciate your confidence in me. He smiled and gave a small bow. Recruiting one of perhaps the 3 greatest operational engineers for factors to make beer and sake. What a laugh.

He would call in an attendant briefly, scribbling down some line items and handing it to them. Retrieve these from warehousing if you would, posthaste. Send them to... He'd look to Ren in askance, willing to send the orders of weaponry and masks to wherever he indicated, including to the small house if he so desired. He'd led Junichiro finish the request though before moving on.

A thought does cross my mind, however, considering your limitless knowledge.  I presume you've knowledge of the Fission Technique? Sharing such knowledge, I should think, would greatly benefit the both of us at the outset of such a fortuitous relationship. Many hands make short work, after all, and mine He held out his hands, palms up, can do a great deal of work. A spare set could be quite helpful with your timeline He spoke truly enough, as a more corporeal second version of himself would benefit the endeavor in many ways, though he also studied the other man a touch more carefully here. He did not outright suspect that the man was bullshitting him, but one could never be too certain. And though he had not directly said yes, asking for what amounted to a down payment should clearly indicate his interest to anyone with sense to listen.

Analyzing Ren (checking if he's full of shit)

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:05 am

As Gyo paused and glanced to Ren with the question of where to send the items in his eyes, Ren would turn to the attendant. "Bring them here please, as quickly as possible." Ren would state before looking back to Gyo with a smile, "the sooner I inspect the items the sooner I can tell my employers that I found the right man for the job." Ren would let out a mild laugh at the crafter's comment about his limitless knowledge, "I assure you dearie, my knowledge is very limited. It is my benefactors that hold the knowledge, though I will speak with them about a down payment of sorts as I am assuming that you agree to the general terms. When our business is concluded here and I have the batch of items, I will go and speak with them, and I am sure they will agree that is an acceptable agreement. You will have a few weeks to get your affairs in order, and make sure everything is taken care of before I come to pick you up in Kirigakure, I'll let you know then what they said." Aside from the laugh, his facial expressions would not change while he spoke. While he was not exactly lying, he was skirting around the truth and not saying everything. While he had knowledge of the technique that Gyokusho was asking about, he had partners now and he had to take the new proposal to them and get their view on the matter. Considering the deal would give the crafter assess to far more than just a single technique at the end of the job, Ren doubted the others would object to allowing a single technique as a down payment. Giving the man a few weeks to make sure everything was in order while he was away, would also give the chance for the man to consider everything. If he decided within those weeks that he did not want to do the job, then Ren did not have to worry about teaching him the technique. If he still wished to do the job, then Ren would teach it to him then without objection.

flashback for Ren starting this post

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Gyokusho
    Gyokusho
    Mist Chuunin
    Mist Chuunin
    Catnapper

Post by Gyokusho Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:34 pm

As the two chatted and roughly as Junichiro suddenly decided that, in fact, his knowledge was in fact quite limited, the attendant would return with a few aides in tow, each wheeling in small handcarts of boxes and boxes of the basic items requested, most of which had been retrieved from inventory. Mass produced of course, but perfectly effective as one would expect from a crafter of Gyokusho's caliber. Ah, here were are, thank you good sir. Gyo would gesture grandly at the neatly stacked boxes of various wares. Feel free to inspect as you see fit, Junichiro-san. He would pause should the other man desire to take a look at any of the items before continuing, though he did find the apparent sudden shift quite.... alarming. Maybe the suitcase of money was fake as well at this rate. But, no one else even bought items, let alone pretended to do so, and a cursory glance seemed that he was legit... enough. If their business ended here, he supposed it wouldn't be the worst thing, though it would prove an unfortunately short-lived relationship. Regardless, he would happily collect, assuming the goods were to the man's liking. He assumed they would be.

I see. Well, you let me know what your benefactor has to say. I'll be eagerly awaiting the decision. Until then though, was there anything else you needed? Further special requests, additional stimulating chatter and conversation? His read of this situation told him this would not be the case, but Gyokusho was more than happy to continue chatting about whatever this big plan was for building up - essentially - an entire village from scratch. If not though, he had plenty to attend to back at home before his big adventure. If Ren did need anything else of course, Gyo was more than happy to make another sale.

Potential Exit?
    Finished analysis, seems legit enough

Hyakkiako, Gyokusho

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 pm

As the attendant returned with the carts of boxes, Ren would begin his inspection of the items. Going over a few of each set of items, starting with the two thousand Titanium Kunai, twenty small blank scrolls, twenty Titanium Tantos, five sets of Wireless Communication Radios, one hundred Flash-Bang Bombs, and fifty Auto Injectors. Ending his inspection of the custom ordered masks, while most of the items had likely come from a stockpile the crafter possessed, these items were made to order. While not crafted by the man himself, it was crafted by his employee and as such would speak to the man's quality of service. If he employed a shotty worker, then it was likely his craft was shotty as well, as Ren doubted a good crafter would allow his employee to produce below their quality. As he suspected the work on everything was pristine, he truly didn't expect anything less. Ren would smile as he set the mask down, looking to Gyokusho. "Everything is as it should be, you run a quality business Dearie. I shall take these items back to my benefactors, as well as the terms of our agreement and will meet you in Kirigakure in a few weeks. As far as other requests, we are always looking for new and innovating ideas, I would be interested in seeing what you can come up with over these weeks. Weapons, Armor, other tools, whatever you come up with might be of interest to my benefactors that you will meet, so see what you can come up with to impress." Ren would hold out his hand to shake Gyokusho's, concluding their business. "It has been a pleasure meeting you, and I do look forward to our future work." With that, Ren as well as all of the items that he had just purchased would disappear into the Kamui dimension. In their place would be a small case with 500k ryo inside, a bonus for the completion of the speedy service.

{Exit Thread}

(Flashback)

-2.5 mil Ryo

Bought:
    2k Titanium Kunai
    20 Small Blank Scrolls
    20 Titanium Tantos
    5 Wireless Communication Radio Sets (5 sets of 4)
    100 Flash-Bang Bombs
    50 Auto Injectors
    10 Masks of Illumination