Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Glimpse (Flashback)

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

A Glimpse (Flashback) Empty A Glimpse (Flashback)

Post by Kim Chang-Min Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:19 am

Konami was standing in a secure room in the bowels of the Kirigakure Defense Coordination Center. In front of her lay the scrolls for each of the village's exclusive techniques. The scrolls were laid out on a table in a well lit room. Samehada was in the corner of the room as well. Konami had given Kotsubo explicit instructions on where to go and how to get there. She had given him clearance in advance and she expected him to meet her in this room. The woman stood patiently with her hands behind her back wearing the clothes that could be seen in her signature.
    Shinso Uchiha
    Shinso Uchiha

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Water l Taijutsu l Sensory
    Class: D
    Ryo:

A Glimpse (Flashback) Empty Re: A Glimpse (Flashback)

Post by Shinso Uchiha Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 am

It didn't take too long for Kotsubo to get the instructions to meet Konami in the defence coordination center, following the instructions quite literally to the letter on how to get there and considering his home in the village, took a while in that regard for travel time but he eventually found his way towards it, being let in by any administration and guards since he assumed that Konami sent the word ahead already for them to let Kotsubo in. After being guided to a secured room that was out of the blue compared to every other room, the door was opened and inside he already saw the scrolls and other particular items inside the room, with the door being closed shut behind him.

He walked up alongside Konami, giving a light nod to her. "Lady Mizukage." he briefly said, his gaze focusing back on the scrolls and eye-catching items of the room. He had a hunch on what this room is, and he's guessing it's probably jutsu that they don't share to the public, that the average ninja wouldn't normally learn. "So... this is what you meant by an investment in my potential." looking a bit closer at all the scrolls in the room, but an odd-looking sword had caught the sharkman's attention towards the corner, he'd stop playing the curious child and finally let the Mizukage take over. "Sorry, go ahead." 

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:08 pm

"Kotsubo Hoshigaki" Konami said acknowledging the Jounin with a curt nod. "Yes.These are the scrolls to Kirigakure's exclusive techniques. Jutsu that were developed by some of the strongest shinobi the Isles has ever produced. The techniques have been compiled by the village's founders and kept secret. They are only for those ninja that Kiri trusts will defend it valiantly" Konami gestured to each of the scrolls and gave a short synopsis of each technique.

"Water–Heavens Convergence. This is a Water Release techniques that allows you to manipulate water on scale that most Suiton masters could only dream of. If you can think it, you can shape it. It has excellent offensive and defensive capabilities"

"Silent Killing. Many Kiri Nin are already familiar with this technique. It diminishes your presence to allow for sneak attacks"

"Kirisame. In my opinion this is by far the strongest of our secret techniques. This jutsu allows the user to produce a mist rain that is capable of consuming external chakra. For one skilled in Kenjutsu and Taijutsu it is an invaluable power that can rob opponents of their ability to operate effectively. The ability to nullify ninjutsu is an ace up our sleeves and should be treated accordingly"

"Great Waterfall Technique. This is one of the most powerful offensive Suiton jutsu in existence if the records are to be beleived. It allows the user to summon what amounts to a giant waterfall to annihilate and drown their enemies."

"Hiding In Mist Technique. I'm sure you are already aware of and have learned. Most Kiri-Nin are taught this technique as a matter of protocol."

"Finally Water Mirror. This jutsu allows you to reflect techniques that are thrown at you essentially functioning as a universal counter to most ninjutsu"

Konami would ensure all the scrolls were unfurled so that Kotsubo could review the techniques for himself.

"If you currently do not possess the requirements, aptitude, or inclination to learn these techniques then come see me when you are ready. I know as a Hoshigaki you almost certainly have the Water Release element so I'd bring your skills up to par to learn these techniques. Dark times are ahead and I need ninja who I can trust who can use these tools to defend Kirigakure"

Konami placed a hand on her Jounin's shoulder and looked him in the eye.

"Do not let this village down"

Last edited by Toonami & Konami on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shinso Uchiha
    Shinso Uchiha

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Shinso Uchiha Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:52 pm

When she unveiled the scrolls to be looked down upon, learning each significant scrolls jutsu as she explained them one by one. From the quick glance that he had at the scrolls, if he were to study them well enough he could definitely learn them, the one that looked the most complex however is the Kirisame one. He'd definitely have some trouble learning that one, but the other ones seem to be pretty plausible to learn, during his readings of them however, Konami had suddenly placed her hand on his shoulder and said those last words. He gave a light nod. "I won't fail you." Kotsubo assured, he had some slip-ups in the Land of Lightning but he doesn't plan to mess up like that anymore, and will make it up for when Kirigakure needs him the most.

All though the scrolls were of great interest, Kotsubo kept getting drawn in by the sword at the corner which prompted Kotsubo to ask about it. "Lady Mizukage, what's that weapon at the corner?" he'd point so there wouldn't be any mistake about the weapon he's talking about, the weapon with the skull at the hilt and the entire blade seemed to be cover in bandages. "I don't think I've ever seen a blade look like that." he'd say, if this were in a room of hidden jutsu and items that Kirigakure didn't want the average Kirigakure ninja running around with, then the sword must be powerful in some way.

Despite what Konami might say, Kotsubo decided to walk up to the blade at the corner, feeling tempted as he decided to grab for the hilt, and suddenly it felt like something was reeling him in, something was taking a light portion of his chakra but not too much of it, as if it were testing Kotsubo in some way, suddenly the hilt grew spikes and it cut Kotsubo's hand, forcing him to leave his grip on the blade. He moved back in surprise, holding his hand to look at the cuts. "What is that blade?" he'd ask once more.

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Konami turned to look at Samehada and grinned. She was just about to get to that. "Samehada. One of the legendary Seven Swords of the Mist Village. It is considered to be one of the strongest swords in the village" Konami said nothing as Kotsubo reached out to touch it. She wanted to see if he was ready to wield the monstrosity but the spikes which jutted out told her all she needed to know. "The blade is alive and longs for chakra. Samehada is quite picky and he only allows those with large chakra reservoirs to hold him. Traditionally, the Hoshigaki have used him due to their larger than normal chakra pools but it appears you aren't quite ready to hold him yet. Once your stamina is large enough I think you would be an excellent candidate to the wield the weapon. Samehada is unique in that when he absorbs the chakra of your enemies he grows larger and more powerful. It is said that some who forge a bond with him can even fuse with him and add his consumed chakra to their own. Some of our nation's greatest champions have used Samehada to turn the tides of war. It is because of this sword that our naval supremacy is among the best if not the best on the planet." Konami said looking down at his blood hands and then back at the weapon. He had potential but he had a long ways to go in Konami''s eyes.

Konami gestured back to the scrolls.

"When you think you have enough chakra to hold Samehada let me know and I will give him to you. For now, take the techniques you are able and willing to learn. Once you have learned them bring them right back to me or thoroughly destroy them. Do not under any circumstances allow them to fall into enemy hands!" The final sentence was punctuated with a loud and commanding tone.

"With these tools come more responsibility. In the coming weeks I plan on hosting a meeting with the Kirigakure Transition Council and I want you in attendance. There is a list of things we need to discuss as a village and I think your insight would be quite valuable. If you don't have any more questions you are dismissed"
    Shinso Uchiha
    Shinso Uchiha

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Shinso Uchiha Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 pm

It wasn't Kotsubo's first rodeo of having bloody hands, he dealt with the pain well enough in terms of tolerance but he'd get it checked out later on, for now she listened to the tale of how Samehada is, realising that it's that blade the Hoshigaki were known for using in the past before, his father had mentioned about it at one point but only told him that the blade was "lost", which he guessed is what Kirigakure told to the public so nobody could attempt to steal the blade from Kirigakure's possession, with how she described it, they were right in doing so as it'd be terrible to lose such a powerful weapon to an enemy.

He rolled back up the scrolls and held them carefully, to the unknowing person they would just look like normal scrolls so he'd doubt that on the way home, anyone's gonna stop him with a handful of them, especially with his renown. Regardless, he had a plan in mind once he got back home and knew of a certain way to hide the scrolls so that would be taken care of until he's ready to learn them.

He crossed an eyebrow when she mentioned about him being involved in that meeting though, he didn't seem to like the idea of it but as shown thus far, he'd be dedicated enough for the village to show up anyway. "I've never been one for politics, I'm a weapon for Kirigakure to use, point me at whatever direction you need me for and consider your enemies dead." he hated paperwork as it is, if he advanced into the Kirigakure structure as it is then that would just mean more workload on him that didn't include proper ninja duties.

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:01 pm

"Politics is war Kotsubo. The sooner you master its domain the sooner you'll become a more effective weapon." He was welcome to take the scrolls as she had suggested earlier so that he could learn the relevant techniques. When Kotsubo left she'd shortly follow to amend the statements she had made previously. She made it clear to him that she wanted the scrolls returned directly to her at the office. The rest of the scrolls Kotsubo didn't take along with Samehada would be stored away in a secure location at the Mizukage's Office and guarded by the A-Class ANBU as they should be.

Exit
    Shinso Uchiha
    Shinso Uchiha

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Shinso Uchiha Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Kotsubo really didn't believe that statement, but she's the Mizukage and he'll play along for now. It seems that his worst fear had come to pass, becoming involved in Kirigakure's politics all though he had just been satisfied with being a grunt for them, but he's guessing his potential hasn't gone unnoticed and they don't want to waste it. He can see why from their perspective, but he just wished to be left in the Jounin rank. Kotsubo wouldn't waste any time with the scrolls however, he wasn't even heading home as he thought even that would be risky. He'd train in a special Hoshigaki spot.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 pm