Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Akari [Jutsu Workshop]

Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Nin, Fuin -- Earth
    Class: D
    Ryo:

Akari [Jutsu Workshop] Empty Akari [Jutsu Workshop]

Post by Ulfric Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am

Approved Custom Techniques

Devil's Eye, Imperfect World:
    Devil's Eye, All-Encompassing Void:
    Devil's Eye, Dream Devouring Technique:
    Devil's Eye, Unseen Presence:

Five Venom Fist:

Scorpion Style - An animal style forsaking sheer amount of strikes for focused, hard attacks that easily leave their targets broken and helpless.
    Scarlet Needle:
    Antares:

Snake Style - An animal style focusing on bypassing defences and softening up their target so they are left vulnerable for finishing moves.
    Serpent Fang:
    Coiling Snakes:
    Twin Snake Flurry:

Lizard Style - A surprisingly balanced form, this animal style focuses on acrobatics and the use of the environment to swiftly strike and retreat from attacks. It's main focus is mobility and stealth, but those who underestimate it will swiftly find themselves taken out.

Jumping Lizard Technique:
    Lizard's Pass:
    Blending into the Land:

Spider Style - Representing the solitary hunter or an entire nest, the skittering spider is never there where the opponents expect them to be. Always on the move and being a real pest, this animal style uses the mobility of the opponent against them.
    Sticky Hands:
    Cocoon Weaving Technique:

Toad Style - A defensive animal style focused on endurance, the toad is a stubborn animal embodying the mountains. Focused on throws and counters, those who do not understand the toad wants to be left alone will eventually meet their demise.

Fly-Catching Technique:
    Iron Skin:

Rope Escape Technique:
    Transformation Technique:

Cloud Body Technique:
    Flower Ninja Art, Vanishing Flower:
    Mask of a Thousand Faces:

Demonic Arts, 108 Defilements:

Last edited by Akari on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:00 am; edited 13 times in total

"The Land itself shall become my weapon."
    The Cartographer:
    Takeo
    Takeo

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Katon, Suiton, Fuuton, Hyouton, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu & Sensory
    Class: A
    Ryo: 401,850

Akari [Jutsu Workshop] Empty Re: Akari [Jutsu Workshop]

Post by Takeo Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

Akari wrote:Please let me know if this is too weak/strong for its rank.

These look good for their rank. Approved unless there are any changes you intend to make.

Updates | App
    Stats:
    Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:07 am

The first two were approved but I performed minor edits on the requirements.

The Cartographer:
    Copycat
    Copycat

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Katon, Raiton, Doton, Ijutsu, Taijutsu, Kenjutsu & Fuuinjutsu
    Ryo: 1,105,125

Post by Copycat Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 am

Akari wrote:The first two were approved but I performed minor edits on the requirements.

Approved.

"Not everyone's perfect... but sometimes the world seems like it'd be better off if they were."
    Updates | Application
    Stats:
    Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:51 am

Five Venom Fist:

Scorpion Style - An animal style forsaking sheer amount of strikes for focused, hard attacks that easily leave their targets broken and helpless.
    Scarlet Needle:
    Antares:

Snake Style - An animal style focusing on bypassing defences and softening up their target so they are left vulnerable for finishing moves.
    Serpent Fang:
    Coiling Snakes:
    Twin Snake Flurry:

Lizard Style - A surprisingly balanced form, this animal style focuses on acrobatics and the use of the environment to swiftly strike and retreat from attacks. It's main focus is mobility and stealth, but those who underestimate it will swiftly find themselves taken out.

Lizard's Pass:
    Blending into the Land:

Spider Style - Representing the solitary hunter or an entire nest, the skittering spider is never there where the opponents expect them to be. Always on the move and being a real pest, this animal style uses the mobility of the opponent against them.
    Sticky Hands:

Toad Style - A defensive animal style focused on endurance, the toad is a stubborn animal embodying the mountains. Focused on throws and counters, those who do not understand the toad wants to be left alone will eventually meet their demise.

Fly-Catching Technique:
    Iron Skin:

The Cartographer:
    Copycat
    Copycat

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Katon, Raiton, Doton, Ijutsu, Taijutsu, Kenjutsu & Fuuinjutsu

Post by Copycat Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Akari wrote:
    Five Venom Fist:

Scarlet Needle:
    Antares:

Serpent Fang:
    Coiling Snakes:
    Twin Snake Flurry:

Lizard's Pass:
    Blending into the Land:

Sticky Hands:

Fly-Catching Technique:
    Iron Skin:

Approved.

"Not everyone's perfect... but sometimes the world seems like it'd be better off if they were."
    Updates | Application
    Stats:
    Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Rope Escape Technique:

Cloud Body Technique:

The Cartographer:
    Copycat
    Copycat

Character File

Post by Copycat Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Akari wrote:
    Rope Escape Technique:

Cloud Body Technique:

Approved.

Updates | Application
    Stats:
    Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 am

-

Last edited by Akari on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:24 am; edited 3 times in total

The Cartographer:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: X
    Ryo: a looot

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:15 am

Name: Five Venom Fist, Iron Will
    Denied. You're not boosting Int for a full tier for 3 posts with only 3 stamina.
    If it boosts by one Tier for three posts, it needs an upkeep. I'd say C-tier activation, 3 points upkeep.

Name: Five Venom Fist, Reversal of Fortune
    Approved. Keep in mind that while the activation cost is null, you're paying the upkeep for every post this is active.

Name: Five Venom Fist, Scarlet Sun
    Denied only due to wording.
    "Those who are able to resist certain death will still find their body stunned and forced to fold as they double over in pain."
    This is entirely dependent on target's constitution vs your boosted stats. You're not going to make an S-rank constitution "double over in pain".

Name: Five Venom Fist, Dim Mak
    This is basically a 1-hit-ko technique (or like 5 but still). Again, this needs to pass a constitution check. A D-ranked const would be very vulnerable while S-rank probably wouldn't be vulnerable to this at all.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:29 pm

-

Last edited by Akari on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

The Cartographer:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Physical styles only have upkeep
    Ninjutsu-based boosters have an activation cost and an upkeep

Five Venom Fist, Iron Will
    I don't consider this a physical boost. Needs activation cost.

If this has A-rank power why is it B-rank and has B-rank cost?
    Constitution Stat Guide wrote:S = You are immune to all pain. Period. Your body is so durable that any weapon or technique lower than A-Grade or A-Rank is insufficient in breaking your skin and those seeking to seriously maim you must use techniques and weapons of S-Rank caliber. On the off chance that someone is able to inflict a mortal wound the pain or shock is a non-factor for you. Not only may you fight without any regard for pain but your physical integrity and vitality is at such a high level that you can survive dismemberment and mutilation for far longer periods of time than a normal human. You are a legend among people in the anime world.

What you need to understand is that you can't deny this Constitution perk with a Taijutsu Technique. In order for this to be effective, your boosted stats will have to surpass the A-rank mark, and even then certain death isn't...certain o.o

I advise you to create a chart of damage for this technique. Something like "If the user's boosted stats surpass the victim's by x amount of tiers, it's y damage. For x-1, y-1 damage. etc.

Five Venom Fist, Dim Mak
    Same problem as above.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:27 pm

No offence, but you're not making much sense @.@

Iron Will
    Proper martial arts is not just about physical punching power, it's also about a certain mindset, physique and even spirituality. You are correct in saying that his is not a 'physical boost' as it is a mental one, but it remains a taijutsu technique as it is a mental focus during martial arts with the idea of enduring mental trauma. This is typical to martial arts training, thus a physical style.

Physical styles only have upkeep. Ninjutsu-based boosters have an activation cost and an upkeep.

Not one of these techniques are ninjutsu or ninjutsu based. They are taijutsu. Ninjutsu generally involves expressions/creations of chakra. Iron Will is an internal, mental endurance boost (also called 'Zanshin' - 残心). Assuming that physical style and physical boost are two different things here, please elaborate on what you are talking about exactly? Because currently I do not understand your reasoning at all.

Scarlet Sun
    Why it has power higher than its rank? No idea why. I've seen taijutsu/ninjutsu library techniques (dynamic entry, arhat fist, disturbance taijutsu, katon techniques...) with their power at one rank higher than their rank. Why is this the case if it is not supposed to be? Likewise, previously modded taijutsu customs were applied the same way. They were approved. Sorry, but I'll leave your question hanging for experts/moderators to answer it. I'm a newbie to this forum and far from aware as to why things are or are not the case on Gladius.

S-rank Con. You said the problem with the technique concerned the wording, not the damage/stat system. From the way you described it, it read as if 'pain' was the problem in the wording. Please provide correct information next time -.-
    That said, the pain was dropped. The technique does not indicate any breaking of skin or serious harm, nor does it hint as the circumventing of S-rank con. It indicates a brief stun/forcing the body to fold double. This is the natural reaction of the body to a plexus strike no matter your training as it is the epicentre of your body. Still, since this technique seems to create such conflicts I'll drop it for the time being and see to rework it entirely. The same counts for Dim Mak.

The Cartographer:
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Akari wrote:Iron Will
    Proper martial arts is not just about physical punching power, it's also about a certain mindset, physique and even spirituality. You are correct in saying that his is not a 'physical boost' as it is a mental one, but it remains a taijutsu technique as it is a mental focus during martial arts with the idea of enduring mental trauma. This is typical to martial arts training, thus a physical style.

You are right. And if you want to boost Perception and Coordination as a result of this mental boost, go for it. It makes sense that a Taijutsu style skill boosts it since these are stats directly related to combat.

But it absolutely makes no sense in my honest opinion that a Taijutsu style can boost Intelligence and suddenly make you smarter.  I did ask and at least one administrator agreed with me.

Akari wrote:S-rank Con. You said the problem with the technique concerned the wording, not the damage/stat system. From the way you described it, it read as if 'pain' was the problem in the wording. Please provide correct information next time -.-

I said there was a problem with wording because you literally stated this was a one-hit-ko for everyone regardless of constitution. I assumed this wasn't what you meant to do and asked you to reword it. My mistake I guess.

Akari wrote: The technique does not indicate any breaking of skin or serious harm, nor does it hint as the circumventing of S-rank con.
    Erm.
    Akari wrote:Those who are able to resist certain death will still find their body stunned and forced to fold as they double over.

(...)

Dim Mak
    This technique is supposed to be deadly (as per the legend behind the technique), no matter who suffers it.

Right, it just auto kills /stuns your target regardless of constitution.

Akari wrote: This is the natural reaction of the body to a plexus strike no matter your training as it is the epicentre of your body.
    What I'm telling you is that this isn't true. If a low strength stat is put against a high tier constitution, you can hit the plexus all you want and chances are the target won't even feel it. The target will react as you describe as long as your strength is enough to damage the target's constitution.

Edit:
    As for a technique that costs X stamina points and has X+1 power, they are generally not allowed but it depends on the nature of the technique.
    Considering this is a stat boosting jutsu which boosts two stats I personally believe you should pay the right chakra cost.
    Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Iron Will
    But it absolutely makes no sense in my honest opinion that a Taijutsu style can boost Intelligence and suddenly make you smarter.  I did ask and at least one administrator agreed with me.
    I'm well aware it shouldn't make me 'smarter'. This INT boost for mental defences is in line with the new genjutsu rules where mental trauma/damage inflicted by nightmare genjutsu damages the intelligence stat rank.
    Nightmare genjutsu[...]damage is measured by the technique's power and deals damage to the victim's Intelligence rather than Constitution
    If I can't boost intelligence to resist mental damage as per your and the one admin's insights, then which one can I use?

Scarlet Sun & Dim Mak
    Duly noted. Since I already stated I'll rework the jutsu I will not go into further discussion concerning these techniques.

On the edit: 'generally not allowed but it depends on the technique'... Sorry but that's vague. Such increases in power are not an exception, they happen quite regularly in library techs. What exactly consists of an acceptable technique then?

The Cartographer:
    Copycat
    Copycat

Character File

Post by Copycat Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Name: Five Venom Fist, Iron Will
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: -
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Self
    Speed: -
    Element: -
    Skill: Taijutsu
    Classification: Open
    Requirements: Five Venom Fist [Activated]
    Parent Technique: -
    Hand Seals: -
    Description:
    Toad Style. Not all attacks are physical in nature, but stubborn Toad will have none of it. The Iron Will Technique bolsters the martial artist's ability to withstand mental assaults by steeling their resolve, granting a boost (+++) to intelligence while maintained.
    Weakness: -

Gonna need to rework this. I don't see this bolstering genjutsu resistance as a taijutsu technique.

Name: Five Venom Fist, Reversal of Fortune
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: -
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Self
    Description:
    Toad Style. How ironic would it not be to deal in a 'venomous' martial arts and not be trained to endure its own venom? 'Reversal of Fortune' is a ritual wherein the martial artist debilitates their own blood flow as a paradoxical defence against poisons. Through a series of precise strikes on specific pressure points and arteries, the martial artist's blood flow slows down to give the body a large time frame to deal with poisons. The benefit grants a boost (+++) to constitution when dealing with poison/venoms.

Weakness: Slowing the flow of blood forces the Toad martial artist to a slower pace in life. While maintained, they suffer (-) to speed as compensation.

Add that this requires Ijutsu and raise the upkeep cost. Lower the power to C since it only raises by a C amount.

Power: A
    Activation Cost: 10
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: Touch
    Description:
    Scorpion Style. Scarlet Sun is a mean strike that punishes those foolish enough to oppose the martial artist without armour. With the precision inherent to the Venom Fist style and the brutality of the Scorpion, the martial artist swiftly strikes the plexus of their opponent. The result is generally death for those unable to cope with its power. Those who are able to resist certain death will still find their body stunned and forced to fold as they double over.

Grants an advantage in strength (++) and coordination (++)
    Weakness: Armour protecting the chest negates the strength advantage and death.

Lower Power and Rank to B-Rank. Remove the bit about resisting certain death and add that it stuns for 1 post unless the user has Constitution equal to or higher than the technique's Power. Should tack on a Strength requirement just so it makes since that it could stun too.

Name: Five Venom Fist, Dim Mak
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 20
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: Touch
    Description:
    Scorpion Style. Also known as 'Touch of Death' or 'Death-point striking', Dim Mak is the terror of the Scorpion Style. A combo of five precise strikes targeted at main arteries and crucial pressure points is all it takes for this technique to slay a mortal by the end of the next round.

Executed with an advantage in coordination (+++) and strength (++)

Weakness: Applying Dim Mak a second time cancels its own death sentence without suffering further damage.

You can lower the cost to B-Rank value (10), and the rank/power to A-Rank due to the boost it goes by.

Updates | Application
    Stats:
    Ulfric
    Ulfric

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Ulfric Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:23 am

Sigh. I've been trying to explain where the reasoning comes from (has this been disregarded now?), and I asked for clarifications on the topics that couldn't be done (been a week, no promised post/answers). Up until now, I've got denials rather than having modding/system explained.

Sorry, but this is going nowhere. I still have no clue as to why something can or can't be done, so I won't be bothering with any of these any longer. Thank you for your time.

The Cartographer:
    Copycat
    Copycat

Character File

Post by Copycat Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:55 am

Ok.

Updates | Application
    Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm