Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Crafting Suggestion

Naito
    Naito

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Weapon Smith, Wind Release
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Crafting Suggestion Empty Crafting Suggestion

Post by Naito Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:17 pm

My suggestion is to get rid of D Ranked Weapons. It seems kinda bad that for a skill point you're forced to make sub-par weapons that are even lower quality than the ones you can buy in a shop. Forcing someone to waste money on 5 bad weapons just so they can start making Basic-Level quality seems like a mistake of game design.

People take crafting skills so they can make better stuff, or to get a discount on their weapons since they can make them themselves instead of relying on the shop. This isn't an MMO so why force them to start out with weak gear that no one will want to use or buy? It's the same issue we had with the E-Class.

It's a mechanic to enforce grind rather than to allow fun and character dev. Obviously C-Rank Weapons are standard and people will still wanna invest time, money, and exp towards getting the even better ones. But why make it a steep hill to climb to even reach the adequate level for that craft?

I'd love to hear the opinions of others on the issue. I've respected the discussions I've had with some of you on the past on things and the open-mindedness toward my opinions on some of these systems (and the fair/logical arguing for those who aren't as open to them rather than just telling me it's fine and stuff and that my concerns are unimportant).

color=#9900ff
    Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Chemistry | Genjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

Crafting Suggestion Empty Re: Crafting Suggestion

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm

I agree. Like you mentioned it's another case of forced MMO grind that was implemented in the game, but serves no purpose other than to leave a foul taste in the craftsman's mouth. I can't think of any instance where a person will actually use D-grade weapons, and frankly, people tend to trash them once they're able to make C-grade stuff.

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:29 am