Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Apping Custom Jutsu Rule Rework

Arashi Hayate
    Arashi Hayate

Apping Custom Jutsu Rule Rework Empty Apping Custom Jutsu Rule Rework

Post by Arashi Hayate Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Hello,
    I have recently run into an issue that stems from an honestly wonky rule that shouldn't exist in its current state on the forum, and I'd like to suggest a change to that rule.

The Problem
    Currently, you are not allowed to app Custom Jutsu unless your character themselves can create/learn it Skill/Element wise. I think this is a severely poor decision, I understand the idea your character can not IC 'create' the jutsu without the skill or element required, BUT, for the purposes of apping and getting jutsu approved, you should be allowed to app jutsu your character can not learn.

The reasons I feel this change is needed are as follows...

---Creates an issue when there realistically should not be one: Just because of a rule with no real OOC grounds existing, I am unable to app jutsu for my clan (That I am potentially the leader of said clan if I can get confirmation about if there is no current leader of said clan.) for everyone who is or becomes a part of said clan to freely be able to learn like any other 'Open' jutsu. Just because IC wise my character can't currently learn it with their current skill set, or element, shouldn't stop me from being allowed to app jutsu without those restraints OOC. What if I want to just expand the Open Jutsu list? Or this exact case, the Inazuma clan Jutsu list? What if I plan to eventually have said skill for my character to IC learn it and want it to be like he learned it from the clan rather then created it himself? I'm sure this is at least making some sense to you.

---Causes issues with related jutsu: I made 3 Jutsu that all work together as building blocks for each other--need to learn the C rank first before leaning the A rank, gotta learn both C and A rank first before learning the S rank. Well because of this rule, I was unable to app the C and A rank jutsu, so while the S rank is approved already, it is locked off to everyone including those who could realistically learn it, until I personally class up my character and gain a new skill? Again, this rule creates issues when there shouldn't be any. I should be allowed to app jutsu for others or for the future of my build.

The Solution
    I suggest changing this rule, open up apping jutsu for everyone, and its already obvious without the skill your character can not use it if they do not have the skill/element required. I feel if I wanna app some Fire Jutsu to be put into the open jutsu list, I should be allowed to. Or if I wanna app a bunch of Jutsu for the Inazuma clan, or hell other clans for anyone else to use--I should be allowed too. Just because Arashi or Azuma or Tsukiyo can't learn it themselves shouldn't stop me, Jacobi, from apping stuff for other's use, or future use when my PC can learn it. It changes nothing IC/balance wise, while opening up more freedom for all the users of the forum to be more creative and help out others along the way. You'd have to have E in intelligence to not see that as a good thing.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Apping Custom Jutsu Rule Rework Empty Re: Apping Custom Jutsu Rule Rework

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm

I think the rules could be clarified in this regard.

You can app custom jutsu even if your character doesn't possess those skills or elements (Restricted/Exclusives are a different story) so long as they are open. The creation of customs bar is specifically saying YOUR CHARACTER cannot create customs and then learn those customs IC.

Basically, what your suggesting is already the status quo. We could make that clearer though.

Obviously loopholding and abusing this is not permitted. As Chigetsu stated:

Because then you could app open Buki
    And learn it as a Kenjutsu user
    Basically loopholing it
    Same with if you can only learn Ninjutsu or Tai or Gen through your Int

Apping Custom Jutsu Rule Rework Ff8

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:35 am