Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Placing An Order

Rini
    Rini

Placing An Order Empty Placing An Order

Post by Rini Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Rini spent a lot of time working on her own designs when she could, but that didn't mean that she exclusively made all of the things that she worked on or tinkered with. Often enough, she'd go out and see if anyone had made anything special, and if they did, she'd buy it and work on improving them or building something similar enough to them with different niches.

It was for the reason of finding new things to use that she found herself at Damien's shop. She'd heard some good things about his crafts, and figured it would be in her best interests to give it a look.

Almost immediately upon wheeling into the store, she saw a display of the Drone, and wheeled up to the thing to take a closer look at it. Priceline wise, she could afford to buy four of them from what she could see and there was no reason that she shouldn't.

"Hey, shop keep? Ring me up for 4 of these." The small girl in the wheelchair pointed to the drone. She was already beginning to think of how she could improve on the designs of the drone, add some weaponry and stuff to them, integrate them into her skill sets, etc.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Medic | Fuuin | Tender | Blacksmith | Engineer | Chemisty
    Class: B
    Ryo: A Lot

Placing An Order Empty Re: Placing An Order

Post by DamienDarhk Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Normally Darhk Unlimited was tended to By Hiro and his apprentice, unfortunately Hiro was sick today. So when the bell on the door rang to announce a customer's entry, rather than the big bearded man who usually stood behind the counter there would be a young man in his early teens. He was wearing a blacksmith apron and his safety goggles would be on his head, his face and clothes soaked in sweat as if he had just finished forging something. The boy had no experience with dealing with customers before, as his master had always handle them. So when he saw a the woman roll in on a wheelchair the boy would simply stare at her, when she finally came up to the counter despite the fact that the boy was watchintg was caught completely off guard by her statement.  The boy would just stand there staring at the woman as the door behind him opened, revealing Damien standing behind him. "Enough of that boy, run along and start the inventory count. I will deal with the customer." Came the stern yet calm voice of the male, the boy would quickly disappear behind the door leaving Damien and Rini alone in the shop. "Well now it's not everyday that a celebrity enters my shop, your performance in the Chuunin exams was spectacular even though you didn't win." The words would exit the male's mouth before he realized how rude that might sound, "apologies I do not mean to offend. I just meant it was surprising how far you got, considering..." His words would trail off, "what I mean say is you have got quite an intellect, which is not something commonly found and I would be willing to employ if you are ever looking for work." Damien did not know what had come over him, usually his words showed his own intellect, but now he sounded like a babbling idiot. "Forgive me Miss Nakamura, it seems today I have left my manners at Moonspire. My name is Damien Darhk, what may I help you with?"

[1]
    Rini
    Rini

Post by Rini Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:20 pm

The boy behind the counter did nothing but stare blankly at Rini, something that annoyed her. It was a simple request and yet still seemed to be beyond him. This was a prime example of why she didn't like people. She furrowed her brow and pushed her glasses up on her face, sitting in silence until someone else came out and took over the process.

"No worries. I only entered the exams to test the limits of my puppet and to test intelligence against shinobi with power in a controlled environment. And I don't really need work, I just like tinkering with and making things." she smiled at Damien. "That's why I make puppets and stuff like that, although I never seem to have money for very long."

"Anyhow, Drones. 4 of them." Rini pulled out a sack that had her ryo in it. She wanted to incorporate them into either a puppet or whatever chair she designed next. "Ever thought about giving them some weapon modules? I like to make things that are modular so I can replace parts, or swap them out to suit whatever it needs."

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:52 am

"What do you think I do all day?" Damien asked when Rini mentioned she didn't need work and simply enjoyed tinkering with things. "No one said work couldn't be fun or that you can't love your work, all I do is tinker with things which is how I made that flamethrower over there" Damien would point to the flamethrower on display in the shop, "Ah, yes the Drones. They seem to be the top seller right now, practically flying off the shelves." Damien replied as he grabbed the drones, "as a matter of fact I have considered such a possibility, however their main purpose is the to allow shinobi to cast jutsu through them to aid in the field and my mind has be occupied with other matters that require my attention to make further work on it. However, I will gladly pay you for any designs you make of modifiers to the drones or other contraptions and puppet designs you are willing to sell. I will pay you the same rate I pay all my employees for their designs and the rights to market them in my shop. You can think of it as freelance work, you just do what you normally do except you get paid for it." Damien replied to Rini's statement of Weapons and other additions to the drones, of course if she turned the job offer down again then the male would leave it at that, but he wasn't lying when he said he would like to employ her.

"Alright so four drones, that will run you  one hundred and fifty thousand." Damien would state as he rung them up, he was giving Rini a discount further than what the display case showed though he wouldn't mention it unless she said something about it. Merely a secondary discount due to her outstanding performance in the Chuunin exams, though in truth he hoped it might sway her decision about free lance work. Great minds working together can accomplish many things, and even with the 50k discount he was giving Rini he was still nearly doubling the amount it cost him to make them so it wasn't a loss.

[2]
    Rini
    Rini

Post by Rini Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:21 pm

"Thank you. If you're giving me a further discount, then I guess I should also claim my chuunin package while I'm here. And maybe pick up some extra things too. Glider would be nice. Communication Device. A book." Rini said, happy that she could get more than just the drones.

"And sure, if I need any money or want to sell my designs, I'll look you up. I don't usually sell my work, but it is what it is. Might as well. Could do some blueprint mock ups for you, collaborate. I'll think on it."

Rini pushed her glasses up on her face. "So what's your deal? Opportunist, or just a nice guy looking to employ people? I can't imagine you offer everyone a job, but... then again, maybe you do."

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:57 pm

"I guess you could say it's a completely self serving offer," Damien would reply casually to Rini's question of whether he was an opportunist or a nice guy, "and no I cannot say I offer a job to everyone. But as I said an intelligence such as yours is a rare gift, one that would make me very happy to have in my employ even if it was merely freelancing. Intelligence like anything else is a talent and oftentimes it is underestimated, however when I see talent I like to take part in it's path. I plan to take not only Kumogakure into the future but soon the world, and it's mind's such as yours that can help me achieve just that. However take your time in your decision making, as the offer will stand until you officially turn it down. If you decide to accept however, then we can discuss terms for your employee benefits." Damien stated as he walked towards the back self grabbing a long rectangular box that held a Glider, and a package of books before returning to the counter in front of Rini. "The books come in packs of 5, so I hope you don't mind extras. Although I'm afraid we are out of the communication device right now, however it is on order from Moonspire it shouldn't take more than a week or so to come in. If you leave your address I can have it brought to you when they arrive," Damien added as he placed the other two items she had requested on the counter, he did not like the fact that he was out of stock on an item but sometimes things such as this was unavoidable. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

[3]
    Rini
    Rini

Post by Rini Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Rini thought for a moment, before ultimately shaking her head. "No, I think I've got enough for now." She didn't really want to spend all of her money at once, she needed to save up some so she could work on other designs and stuff after all. Blueprints were always good to make, but she always needed to build them in order to get some sort of proof of concept.

She wrote down her address, used to getting stuff delivered to her house in the first place, because she didn't actually like going out of the house very often. She was pretty excited to break down the items she was buying to their base components so she could actually see how they work. "Alright, a proposition for you then. If you want me to consider selling any of my designs to you, then I'd like you to fund my prototypes. Anything you particularly like, I'll consider selling to you, and if you want it and I'm willing to sell it, you'll pay the cost for me to make one for myself as well as give me half the cost to build another one in cash, and then you can have the rights to market my designs. And then I'll want a cut of any profit on those designs as well, if anyone buys anything of mine."

Rini pushed her glasses up and looked at Damien, wondering what, if any, counter proposal he had for her. It was obvious he wanted to hire her in some capacity, but Rini wouldn't consider it unless it benefited her heavily. She was always looking out for herself.

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 pm

A smirk would form on the male's face at Rini's proposition, "my, my, quite a proposition for someone not really interested in selling their designs." Damien would say with a chuckle. "While that may be a good proposal, I'm afraid I can't agree to that. I have no problem funding your designs, however I prefer better for one my employees. So here is my offer, you will be given a Private Workshop with Darhk Tower in Moonspire, as well as a house in Moonspire as all my employees have. While you are not required to work from there, the workshop will be equiped with everything you need to help you in your crafting and only you will have access to it or your home. You will be allowed to form a team to help you as well if you wish, to help with some of your minor projects. I will pay you a salary of one hundred thousand Ryo a month to help with your projects, you will be reimbursed any Ryo you spend on materials for your projects or you can file a requisition to have the company purchase the materials before hand whether they are for your personal design or one you are willing to sell. As for your designs they are yours to do as you wish and you will have no obligation to sell them, however I am willing to pay you an additional fifty thousand Ryo for every blueprint you give me the rights to reproduce and sell. As an employee you will have the right to all blueprints the company owns, and have the ability to buy shares that earn you interest and take part in shareholder meetings. Finally you will receive fifty percent of all profit made off of one of your designs, all I ask is that if I require help with a project or two that you provide such service." Damien would look into Rini's eyes as he spoke, his voice calm and unfaltering showing that he meant every word. There would bea no strings attached to this deal, the only thing that really favored Damien was possibly be able to buy one or more of her designs and her assistant on projects if he falls behind on orders. He could have tried to low ball the deal to work more in his favor, offered to pay half of the materials or offer her a lower percentage of the profit of her designs, however he wasn't that kind of business man. He offered her no higher pay than he had offered others however with him offering to pay for any and every material the girl wished to purchase, which is not something he does for everyone, she would effectively be the highest paid employee before factoring in the fifty percent of all profit from her designs. He knew she was worth more than she would cost the company and she even had the potential to be a partner in the future if she desired it, though that would be a conversation for another day.

[4]
    Rini
    Rini

Post by Rini Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:39 pm

"Sounds like a good deal to me. Make sure to draw it up in a contract, I'll want that notarized. Verbal contracts so often have issues with being proven after all. And some of that wordage cleaned up a bit.  It's quite a cozy gig, I'd be an idiot to turn it down, and I need the funds." This man really didn't know how to negotiate. He talked himself up in price from her offer. Either he was an idiot, or he was a genius. Rini was sure he knew how much of an asset she could be, so she leaned towards the latter, but still.

"If that's it though, I'll pay for this stuff, and head home. You can send someone over with the contract and a notary to officiate, and all the rest of the details. So 500 for the books, 2,000 for the glider, 150,000 for the drones, 30,000 for the communcation device, and the Chuunin package. Total, 182,500." Rini took out her pouch and counted out the cost fairly quickly, flipping through the bills with a dexterity few could match.

With that concluded, Rini'd activate her chakra strings and wheel herself out of the store, a pleasant business conclusion.

[exit]

Character File

Post by DamienDarhk Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Damien would nod as Rini agreed and asked for it to be in writing, it wouldn't take long for the man to have Zhu Li write it up. The woman was a notary as well so that would take care of itself once it was all writing up, Damien would ring everything up and apply the discount to the drones. "It's been a pleasure Rini, I look forward to our next conversation." Damien would say with a smile as the business concluded. Once Rini was gone he would open the door behind the counter and return to his office so that he can speak to Zhu Li about the new contract he just established. Today was a good day for business, and now he had an employee with more potential then himself. Rini would do great things, and he hoped she would do great things for the company as well.

{Exit}

[5]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:04 am