Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread Empty Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat May 29, 2021 1:43 pm

This is where I will keep public notes on Perks as I workshop the Perk System for its full implementation. Anyone who has ideas for perks or suggestions for them system as a whole, can place them here.

Edit: 8/10/ 2021 - This is just my rough thoughts and early categorizations based on

Three Trades

Alts Helping Alts

Clique: Allow for X-Tier Nullification for 3 rounds if solo?

Shinobi Syndicalism: Might be nixed or increase the earned exp threshold to 4K.

Neo-Sangunis: Unlocked at S-Class?

Melt: Only available once you reach X-Class.

Fresh Start: Comes with Melt? Maybe nix altogether.

Dual Casting: An innovation brought about by the War. Dual-Casting allows you to cast two different Ninjutsu simultaneously by using each hand to complete a different set of seals. This perk requires the One-Handed Seals UA and it doubles the tier penalty resulting in a -2 Tiers to Coordination for the purpose of using it. Requires Ninjutsu.

- Specify -2 Tiers for regulars, -1 Tier for clanless freebie UA

Master Stylist: A true martial arts genius acknowledges the strengths and weaknesses of various styles, then uses them to overwhelm his opponents. Master Stylist permits the user to have TWO physical style techniques active at once for the purpose of boosting. However, these boosts cannot result in a combined total of more than two tiers worth of boosts. When this perk is being used, no chakra reductions may be in effect for the relevant styles. Requires Taijutsu/Kyujutsu/Bukijutsu/Kenjutsu.

Master Surgeon: Spurred by the war, scientists have made startling advances in the world of medicine. Master Surgeon grants the user the ability to perform partial implants. A partial implant will always be a guaranteed success because an entire organ is not needed for the process. Instead, the doctor takes a piece of the donor's organ and grafts it into the patient's organ. The donor must pay 500 EXP as part of this process as opposed to the full cost of the bloodline. While the donor does incur a flaw, this flaw is not permanent and will only last for three months IRL. A partial implant can only be performed once by the Master Surgeon and a donor can only benefit from a single partial implant. Partial implants grant the user access to a single A-Rank Technique (Custom or Canon) for a period of two IRL years (5 months for the trial version). After which time, a new graft will need to be applied. The A-Rank Technique selected as part of the implant process must be approved by staff so as to ensure balance. The technique must be standalone and derivatives may not be learned nor registered. This perk also allows the user to self-operate and give themselves implants both full and partial. Requires Ijutsu.

Two Trades

Accelerating Returns

Solo Roleplay: Create a single-character friendly version. Increase mission cap from 5 to 10?

Triggerman: Reality can be thrown off by the simplest of gestures or words. Triggerman allows a Genjutsu user to select a single "Universal Trigger" which can be used as an alternative trigger for up to five Genjutsu in their possession. The Universal Trigger and the techniques it can be applied to are specified in the user's update thread and can only be changed once per activity check. Requires Genjutsu.

Memetic Warfare: A well-crafted illusion is like a moving maze, trapping its victims for long periods of time with little hope of escape. This perk adds two posts to the amount of time it takes for the victim to recognize they are in a Genjutsu pursuant to the Genjutsu Rules. Requires Genjutsu.

Blackout: History speaks of a secret sect of shinobi that learned how to cloak their casting from enemy sensors, this knowledge was once thought to be lost forever. No more. Blackout makes it so that your Ninjutsu Techniques cannot be sensed by those with Sensory, however, the Sensor will still be able to sense you as an individual. Requires Ninjutsu.

Indomitable Magic: Some wills are just too strong to be snuffed out. Indomitable Magic makes it so that the Power Ranking of a user's Ninjutsu Techniques cannot be debuffed by the external machinations of an opponent. The only exception is for the purpose of the Elemental Matchup Rules. Requires Ninjutsu.

Fountain of Youth: Youth is just as much a state of mind as it is a matter of chrono-biology. The user gains a single + to either Strength, Constitution, Speed, or Coordination. This boost is specified via character update and cannot be changed once assigned except for character resets. This boost is considered a "Unique Ability" for the purposes of the boosting stacking/ordering rules. Requires Taijutsu/Kyujutsu/Bukijutsu/Kenjutsu

Hardy Protection: When the spirit is unbreakable, the body follows. This perk grants the user a 1 tier boost for the sole purpose of countering a debuff to a single stat. This boost remains inactive and unusable otherwise. The user can assign this boost to either Strength, Constitution, Speed, or Coordination. This boost is specified via character update and cannot be changed once assigned except for character resets. Requires Taijutsu/Kyujutsu/Bukijutsu/Kenjutsu

Nimble Fingers: A puppet's fingers are naturally fast and quick-moving. The user gains a single + to Coordination. This boost is specified via character update and cannot be changed once assigned except for character resets. This boost is considered a "Unique Ability" for the purposes of the boosting stacking/ordering rules. Requires Taijutsu/Kyujutsu/Bukijutsu/Kenjutsu.

Bulk Apperception: Chakra is the omnipresent lifeforce of the ninja world and those who can sense it may get a glimpse of things to come. This perk gives the user a single precognitive save subject to the same rules as specified here (users with an intelligence under B-Tier will have an analysis period of 5 posts). This save can only be prepped and used while Sensory abilities are active.

One Trade

Blindside: Illusions can cast a long and dark shadow over the unwary. Blindside makes it so that Sensors cannot sense your use of Genjutsu on themselves. Requires Genjutsu.

Iryō-Pharmacologist: Innovation has a trickle down effect as the knowledge of the greats filters to the ordinary doctor, thereby increasing his proficiency in once niche fields like pharmacology. This perk allows the user to create B-Rank Drugs and Provisions pursuant to the Ijutsu Skill in addition to Poisons and Medicines. Requires Ijutsu.

Sigma Six Black Belt: The process and procedure of creating puppets has been boiled down to a tangible science and those with the discipline to learn it are rewarded handsomely. This perk applies a 25% discount on the base price of all puppets.

Loot: Increased ryo payout for missions

Crafting: Increasing yield from market bought materials?

On The Go: Travel time reduction

Hi-Fi: A sensor's brain can be exercised like any other muscle, the result is a signal booster for their extra-sensory abilities. This perk increases the range of Sensory Techniques by 25%.

Runic Arts: An immigrant from the non-shinobi Far West has brought the study of runology to Kishin and with it, more efficient ways of applying enchantments. This perk reduces the price of Enchantments by 25%%

Inkology: Talent goes a long way in the Sealing Arts, enough to make up for raw brainpower in some cases. This perk permits the user to utilize chakra ink at B-Tier Intelligence instead of A.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread Empty Re: Perk Suggestion Mega-Thread

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon May 31, 2021 1:47 pm

Good afternoon! I'm here to post a few suggestions and request a clarification in regards to one perk in particular. With that said, let's get into it.

First, why not a perk that increases Ryo payouts from missions?
    Last night it was pointed out that there's a ton of passive income going around which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However with that being the case, perhaps allowing someway for the guys and gals who focus on combat capabilities in full and not crafting and such to make a bit more for their efforts is in order? The exact numbers are obviously up for debate, it's just a thought.

For the crafters out there who don't have access to Master-Craftsman.

That restricted is very strong I think we can all agree and with it being limited to three slots it does have the capability of having some of it's more quality of life style perks very much locked up. In my eyes, the major thing about MC is the capability of creating X-Rank equipment, which I fully believe needs to stay locked behind a restricted barrier. However what about reducing crafting times?

Why not a perk that gives crafters a non-stackable reduction on their crafting times?

Another crafting related perk idea.

Increasing yield from market bought materials.

You know chemistry has the chem station that doubles yields on chemmed goods. But what about a perk that doubles the amount you get per price per unit of materials from the market? So instead of paying the price for 1 unit of ebony and getting 1, you pay the price for 1, and get 2?

I notice in perks now that there are some that skirt around some rules that have been around on the site for quite a while. In particular I mean the alts-helping-alts perk. Which is interesting and neat to see. However I wonder if a secondary option can't be made to help those who focus on individual characters and not have alts?

With that said why not a perk that allows someone to break the solo posting exp cap of 3 posts a day to some degree? Or increase that cap permanently?

How about one that increases the bonus mission exp cap? To be clear, I'm referring to the rule that caps how many missions you can get the mission bonus exp from in a month to 5. I'm not talking of removing it from them, but perhaps increasing it to 10 or so? That way you give them a rewarding perk that still keeps people from getting out of hand and prevents what happened to cause the rule to be instated in the first place (<.<, >.>).

I think that's all my idea regarding suggestions but there's one in the system that I would like to see clarification on.

'Dual Casting: An innovation brought about by the War. Dual-Casting allows you to cast two different Ninjutsu simultaneously by using each hand to complete a different set of seals. This perk requires the One-Handed Seals UA and it doubles the tier penalty resulting in a -2 Tiers to Coordination for the purpose of using it. Requires Ninjutsu.'

The particular UA this is referring to has two versions. The Clanless one, and the Clanned one. The clarification I'm wondering is, since this 'doubles' the penalty, is this meant to allow clanless to dual cast techniques with no drawback? Does it simply give them a -1 tier to coordination instead of a -2?

For that matter what of those who have seal-less combat? Do they get to dual cast their respective skills/elements without seals? Are they required to use seals for one of them?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, good day ^_^

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:17 am

A perk that increases thread limits?
    If they can keep up, why not? 5 per character seems to have worked fine and it'll open up people with said perk to progressing thanks to more exp coming in.

Remember the old exp amounts? 20 per post in missions, 5 extra per post when training in the training ground etc? Maybe bring them back as perks under separate perk trees. Preventing people from getting all of them and such.

Maybe a perk that removes the exp penalty from flashbacks? That encourages and opens up options for people to do some awesome development.

A perk that in some way reduces travel time?

That's all that's come to mind this time around ^_^

Stats:

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:36 pm

A perk that gives additional experience when threading in ones home?

A perk that removes training WC from a skill/element? WC's for training are already smol and half the time people just wait to auto claim em anyway. So, I personally see no reason why giving people access to a perk that removes the training WC for specific elements/skills would break anything.

Also here's a thought.

Most of the UA's on the site actually could easily be perks. Why not eliminate the UA system and combine it with the perk system? Some UA's are really powerful and give nothing but options, like One-Handed Seals for example. If you take the standard UA's, and maybe some of the custom ones too, from the site and instead incorporate them into the perk trees. You end up with a system that gives people options. But still requires them to make some sacrifices. 'Do I want to give up getting One Handed Seals, in exchange for 'x' to use the same example as above.

Clanless could either get a single ability from a different perk tree as their 'freebie UA' or you can retain the 'UA' system and instead only have it for clanless characters who get to pick one thing.

I haven't fully thought that out yet, but I thought it interesting enough to toss up.

Stats:

Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:29 pm

Thank you for your responses, I have updated the initial post to include my thoughts on the perk system thus far but I also wanted to respond to your ideas point by point.

Valen Minamoto wrote:Good afternoon! I'm here to post a few suggestions and request a clarification in regards to one perk in particular. With that said, let's get into it.

First, why not a perk that increases Ryo payouts from missions?

This is a good idea. Putting it on the list.

Last night it was pointed out that there's a ton of passive income going around which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However with that being the case, perhaps allowing someway for the guys and gals who focus on combat capabilities in full and not crafting and such to make a bit more for their efforts is in order? The exact numbers are obviously up for debate, it's just a thought.

Not sure I agree with this. I think the high passive income should be reserved for those with the Investing Entity. It is an entity for a reason. I think there are enough ways for combat centric characters to make money. For example, Shimiko is pretty combatant oriented and she clears 500K per month without me needing to do much. Not sure more than that is necessary.

For the crafters out there who don't have access to Master-Craftsman.

That restricted is very strong I think we can all agree and with it being limited to three slots it does have the capability of having some of it's more quality of life style perks very much locked up. In my eyes, the major thing about MC is the capability of creating X-Rank equipment, which I fully believe needs to stay locked behind a restricted barrier. However what about reducing crafting times?

Why not a perk that gives crafters a non-stackable reduction on their crafting times?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think reduced crafting times can be achieved by Engineering a building for it. In that case, its as simple as getting an Engineer to make one for you. I don't think it needs to be a perk.

But I do agree in spirit that there should be some crafting specific perks. I will think on it. What you propose isn't bad but I want to see if we can find something more unique.

Another crafting related perk idea.

Increasing yield from market bought materials.

You know chemistry has the chem station that doubles yields on chemmed goods. But what about a perk that doubles the amount you get per price per unit of materials from the market? So instead of paying the price for 1 unit of ebony and getting 1, you pay the price for 1, and get 2?

This is a good one. Added.

I notice in perks now that there are some that skirt around some rules that have been around on the site for quite a while. In particular I mean the alts-helping-alts perk. Which is interesting and neat to see. However I wonder if a secondary option can't be made to help those who focus on individual characters and not have alts?

With that said why not a perk that allows someone to break the solo posting exp cap of 3 posts a day to some degree? Or increase that cap permanently?

I agree and yes the AHA and Solo Roleplay perks will have more single-character friendly versions. I'm not sure about increasing the cap permanently but there definitely will be a version of the Fellowship perks that don't require alts.

How about one that increases the bonus mission exp cap? To be clear, I'm referring to the rule that caps how many missions you can get the mission bonus exp from in a month to 5. I'm not talking of removing it from them, but perhaps increasing it to 10 or so? That way you give them a rewarding perk that still keeps people from getting out of hand and prevents what happened to cause the rule to be instated in the first place (<.<, >.>).

That's a possibility we might explore. Added.

I think that's all my idea regarding suggestions but there's one in the system that I would like to see clarification on.

'Dual Casting: An innovation brought about by the War. Dual-Casting allows you to cast two different Ninjutsu simultaneously by using each hand to complete a different set of seals. This perk requires the One-Handed Seals UA and it doubles the tier penalty resulting in a -2 Tiers to Coordination for the purpose of using it. Requires Ninjutsu.'

The particular UA this is referring to has two versions. The Clanless one, and the Clanned one. The clarification I'm wondering is, since this 'doubles' the penalty, is this meant to allow clanless to dual cast techniques with no drawback? Does it simply give them a -1 tier to coordination instead of a -2?

It would be -2 Tiers.

For that matter what of those who have seal-less combat? Do they get to dual cast their respective skills/elements without seals? Are they required to use seals for one of them?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, good day ^_^

-1 Tier for them.

Part II

Valen Minamoto wrote:A perk that increases thread limits?
    If they can keep up, why not? 5 per character seems to have worked fine and it'll open up people with said perk to progressing thanks to more exp coming in.

I strongly disagree that 5 per character works fine. It creates a lot of continuity issues and makes staff's job harder in the event when it comes to making rulings on how occurences in one thread might effect another. I personally prefer 3 but 5 is the absolute highest I would ever be okay with going.

Remember the old exp amounts? 20 per post in missions, 5 extra per post when training in the training ground  etc? Maybe bring them back as perks under separate perk trees. Preventing people from getting all of them and such.

This is more of a possibility but before I add it, I'd really have to give it greater thought. I think what we have so far in terms of experience accumulation is enough to chew on and depending on how things look, we can come back to additional methods of gathering exp.

Maybe a perk that removes the exp penalty from flashbacks? That encourages and opens up options for people to do some awesome development.

See above, although this is even more unlikely. The exp penalty for flashbacks is balanced by us allowing for unlimited flashbacks. We also don't want to encourage excessive flashbacking because again it can hurt continuity and it hurts the actual progression of plot in present day.

A perk that in some way reduces travel time?

That's all that's come to mind this time around ^_^

I like this one added.

Part III

Valen Minamoto wrote:A perk that gives additional experience when threading in ones home?

See above, I think we have enough exp related perks but we'll revisit once we get further along in the refinement process.

A perk that removes training WC from a skill/element? WC's for training are already smol and half the time people just wait to auto claim em anyway. So, I personally see no reason why giving people access to a perk that removes the training WC for specific elements/skills would break anything.

I think the auto-claim requires you to have invested a lot of time in roleplaying and posting and the amount of EXP between classes is usually enough to train all of the canon techniques you can get anyways. Removing them altogether I think is a bad idea especially since we already have unlimited jutsu arsenals.

Also here's a thought.

Most of the UA's on the site actually could easily be perks. Why not eliminate the UA system and combine it with the perk system? Some UA's are really powerful and give nothing but options, like One-Handed Seals for example. If you take the standard UA's, and maybe some of the custom ones too, from the site and instead incorporate them into the perk trees. You end up with a system that gives people options. But still requires them to make some sacrifices. 'Do I want to give up getting One Handed Seals, in exchange for 'x' to use the same example as above.

Clanless could either get a single ability from a different perk tree as their 'freebie UA' or you can retain the 'UA' system and instead only have it for clanless characters who get to pick one thing.

I haven't fully thought that out yet, but I thought it interesting enough to toss up.

This was my exact thought when I first conceived of the perk system. I agree with your reasoning 100% and in addition I think most of the UAs are good but typically the flaws just make it not really worth the hassle. They balance each other too well to the point where most players don't really bother with them. I think incorporating UAs into the perk system would get around that, unfortunately, I don't want to hamstring players who already have UAs and enjoy them. I wanted perks to be standalone and not potentially screw with people's builds by taking away from them.

I will re-raise the concept with my fellow staff members though because I think there is some weight to that suggestion. Particularly with respect to certain UAs.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: A lot
    Class: S
    Ryo: Enough

Post by Diana Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:17 pm

A perk based on the new-old crafting system where you paid XP in order to instantly craft an item instead of waiting irl time for XP? While I don't think it was a good replacement, it is a good substitute/alternate way to craft as it allows a person to spend XP once they've maxed their character, epecially if they take Investing & Master craft, 2 restricteds that don't have an infinite XP drain.

Dhakaani Crafts - 2 trades
    A crafter learns from their past mistakes and successes, finding ways to put their heart and soul into it. By studying old texts from an extinct clan, you can make creations at a near-instant speed. When crafting an item the user may spend XP instead of spending irl time crafting. Items made this way do not give total/spendable XP, but does count towards the user's crafting rank XP. This perk cannot be used in combat & XP costs cannot be discounted by other perks/UAs. Reforging an item this way costs 1 rank lower then the item's new Quality.
    Requires Kajiya, Nyūsatsu, or Enjinia
    E: None
    D: 50 Experience
    C: 200 Experience
    B: 300 Experience
    A: 500 Experience
    S: 700 Experience

Another Perk idea: Being able to access the Shinobi Market & lv 1 black market without needing to visit a village's market, you can just buy the items from your updates page.

Caravan Connections - 1 trade
    War and bloodshed isn't the only thing you're good at, through you buisness skill you've gained connections with traveling merchants & caravans, allowing you to access the Shinobi Market & Black Market (Level 1 Crime) at your leisure without needing to visit a village's Market or increasing the crime level. This can be done by posting it straight to the updates page instead of needing to make a thread, but doing it this way does not grant the user their -25% lifestyle discount, and any items you sell this way on the black market only give a max of +5% to their base ryo.
    Requires a 'Skilled' skill (Fuuinjutsu, Engineering, Weapon Smithing, Armor Smithing, Ijutsu, Puppetry, or Chemistry)

One more in an attempt to give a little more incentive to Missing-nin/wanderers

Wayfarer's Sanctuary - X trades
    The road is your home, and anywhere you look you can find a nice place to stay with those to hide you if need be. the user may access the Wretched & Modest lifestyle perks in addition to whatever other lifestyle they are currently using.
    Requires: ???

Okay, one more. note sure what to name it, but you get 1 more item/fuin attunement slot

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Post by Peragus Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 am

Basic Rundown of What's Explained Below:

So I had an idea I thought was interesting enough to kick into here.

The perk system beta currently has perks spread out amongst three different 'trees' they a player picks one of. They then get access to all perks under that tree, with the single exception of the ones they pick 'two' or 'three' of in the Inheritance Tree.

Personally, while looking through them I find them sort of limiting in some ways while extremely powerful in others.

However I think I thought of an interesting way to tie in the perk system with the class up system and make it potentially worthwhile to make a build that does not utilize skill trades.

Abolish the tree's entirely.

Instead make a list of perks that range in level from tier '0' to tier '3'.

Everyone gets 1 tier 0 slot. Clanless, clanned, skill trades or stat trades, it doesn't matter. Everyone gets 1 tier 0 perk. Now with that said tier 0 perks are meant to be just something kind of nifty. Something to make people take a look at the other potential gains from the perk system. Options are meant to be more quality of life related than build related.

Everyone gets up to 3 tier 1 perk slots. Now, these are the things that require at least one stat trade. These are things that are kinda cool, minor benefits that actually might really assist a build. It might be the tier you put your exp discounts in, or your cost reduction discounts, your advantage buffs, etc. Things that while neat and apply a minor benefit to a build are not going to make or break it. Now, notice how you get up to three of them? You get one every time you make a stat raise trade. With no requirement in regards to how far along your class up journey you are. (This does come into play in a moment). The point is, you could start a character with three stat raises already traded away and immediately get all three tier 1 perks out of the gate. Or get one each time you do one up to three.

Everyone gets up to 2 Tier 2 perks. You see where I'm going with this now don't you? These are perks that have a bit of heft to them, they might be the perks that give you interesting combat benefits like having your ninjutsu unable to be sensed by sensory. Or other some such benefit. You get one when you trade in your second stat raise and another when you trade in your third. The trick is, the earliest you can unlock tier 2 perks is B class. So in that example earlier, the character that did all three stat raise trades immediately? They get to pick 1 tier 0 perk, 3 tier 1 perks, but can't pick a tier 2 or 3 perk because they haven't reached the total experience threshold. This is to help prevent cheese strats where people try to take advantage of certain perks if they exist to get a cheeky kill on someone, etc. It's also to just kinda spread things out so there's motivation to keep movin on up.

Tier 3 perks, obviously we have reached the top of the climb. Tier three perks are the perks that really cap off a build with some extra power. They could include things that really make or break a build. An example I'd like to use is the sensory being unable to sense when the user is in a genjutsu. Although others might not agree with that example. Either way it's just something that's supposed to really cap end a build to make their general stat focus on that build. Something that would be required when only using 17 raises, work. The earliest point you can get this puppy is A class.

Now some perks that have more to do with starting a character than not. Examples such as 'Fresh Start' or 'Melt' etc. I'm unsure what to do with these in my suggestion because you can't just say they take a tier 2 or 3 perk slot because those who use those can just not do stat raise trades at all. I don't really have a suggestion of what to do with them personally but I'm trying to think of one. If I come up with something I'll drop it here.

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:08 am

Everyone gets 1 tier 0 slot. Clanless, clanned, skill trades or stat trades, it doesn't matter. Everyone gets 1 tier 0 perk.

This goes against my intention of creating the perk system. I think the power level as it stands for those who do stat trades if perfectly fine. I don't think its wise to give them even more power. Any benefits from the perk system I'd like to go strictly to those who traded stats for Skills because that's the build style that need more love.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:57 am

That's perfectly fine, the whole premise was based around the basic concept of rather than giving people tree's to pick from, they get a selection of low, medium, and high tier perks with a certain number of slots for each. Allowing them to customize their own personal perk tree that benefits their character perfectly. Which would hopefully incentivize people to trade stats for skill points.

The tier 0 perk idea was just a concept that could be something like maybe 'my fire chakra is white' or something aesthetic/quality of life that would make people look at the system a bit harder overall. The concept idea doesn't rely on it in anyway. I just personally feel like letting people customize their own trees would double down on the freedom of choice that trading stat points really emphasizes in general (Getting to choose more skills/elements.)

In the end if it was adopted it would look like

13 skill points
    17 stat raises
    A customized perk tree tailored to their build.

Which in the end is something that could only give more love to those who choose to do so because if anyone would need every perk to count it would be someone who chose to lower their stat cap instead of raising it. A three stat trade individual has 6 tiers difference between them and a 23 stat raise character, 7 if that stat raised character is clanless. Before taking boosts into account. Yes those who trade the stat raises get more skills and options overall. But without plenty of support they wouldn't get to go toe to toe against a build that was focused toward a certain aspect.

In short, what I'm trying to say is 'Fuck the Tier 0 perk idea then, it was the base concept I was trying to pitch in the end.'

Stats: