Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Boost Rules Clarifications

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Boost Rules Clarifications  Empty Boost Rules Clarifications

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:18 pm

So it came up in General chat that the boost rules are a bit contradictory in terms of how they work in regards to 'Unique Boosts' and 'Boosting to 'X' tier.  

The following rules I'm referring to can be found here.

Particularly the following paragraphs.

Paragraph One:

Paragraph Two:

Now the second paragraph does attempt to clarify that unique boosts do not help in regard to boosting to X tier in those stats. However because of the similar word usage in what is considered 'base' stats for terms of boosting and 'base' stats for the purpose of boosting to X tier confusion and contradictory rules come into play. Particularly when one looks at the Eight Inner Gates and specifically the 'Eighth Gate'

Eighth Gate:

Due to the clarification that Unique Boosts do not help in regards to breaking into X tier when attempting to do so from a stat lower than S then the bolded and coloured text of Eighth Gate becomes largely ineffective.

My suggestion is to officially adopt the term 'Natural' that we've all been using anyway. Along with a clarifying statement as to the difference between 'base' and 'natural' for the purposes of unique boosts. Such changes would look something this in my mind.

Revised Paragraph One:

Revised Paragraph Two:

This would of course require some edits to Gates which would include at the very least the following changes to the Eighth Gate

Revised Eighth Gate:

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Boost Rules Clarifications  Empty Re: Boost Rules Clarifications

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:58 am

I don't think a change in terminology is necessary.

I think base should refer to the base stat point blank. The stat that you have invested the necessary experience into. The Unique Boosting language ought to be edited a bit and I think Gates needs a tune up as well though because both of those issues have been raised before.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm