Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

The Senou Family Manor

Andariel Bloodworth
    Andariel Bloodworth

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Chemistry | Genjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

The Senou Family Manor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Senou Family Manor

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:51 am

It was as if Natsuru and Shimiko saw the same thing-- an immense desire to cause harm to each other. The bluenette was so focused on her planned "prank" of the blonde and her inevitable reaction that the words and actions of those around her were null. As the door shut there was a moment of gratification as the girl yelped in pain, her cry only encouraging Natsuru to dig deeper into her pain. It was unlike Natsuru to lose her cool, however Shimiko had pushed her patience to its limits. Going as far as to make her gifts, spending time with her, visit her in the hospital, and invite her to the dinner party were all overseen by the blonde. Instead she was selfish, disrespectful, and above all else a lemon. Natsuru had regret inviting Shimiko to the party at this very moment. Her "rivalry" slowly began to devolve into a general dislike and almost passive hostility towards her. Shimiko's response to having her hair trapped was fake and hinted a violent response.

As Shimiko rose Natsuru straightened herself up and reacted to the forward thrust by reclining as a natural reaction to narrowly avoid the strike. When she move she immediately moved both hands to try and grapple the female in efforts to play into her impressive strength. Her hands would come from either side, her left hand attempting to snag her wrist while her other hand on her elbow. "You fucked up, you filthy little chòubī!" Natsuru snapped as she would struggle for control. Though, with little effort she would overpower the girl and keep her at bay, driving her body away as Shimiko would attempt to snag her hair. In this same instance she would use her muscles to swing the blonde into the floor using her arm control, hips, and size to execute this takedown.

If she was properly controlled down Natsuru would sprawl on top of the girl lunging her left knee into the side of the girl's face not necessarily striking, though using it as a rough landing zone. When doing so she would inevitably let go of the girl's arm feeling confident that arm are practically useless being practically pinned between the floor and her crotch though not exactly touching either. Instead she used her knee to apply pressure to the girl's face causing discomfort and forcing her to be blind-sided. Her free left hand would shoot out to hold Shimiko's free hand against the flooring leaving her practically vulnurable. If all played out well, Shimiko would be a sitting duck for an overdue punishment. Clenching her right hand into a viscous set of knuckles Natsuru would begin whaling the blonde in her mid abdomen around her celiac plexus in attempts to perpetually bruise and damage the area knocking the wind out of her. Her fists came down with no regret letting Shimiko witness her full power in a non-friendly setting.

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B
    Sakata
    Sakata

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Chemistry, Kenjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: 494,950

Post by Sakata Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 am

'What am I even doing here, really?'

Simon opts to settle his half-lidded gaze upon the brawl beginning to fold before his golden optics. He only feels prompted to just glare even harder, hands tensing into fists whilst within his pockets for the time being. Part of him wanted to intervene while another part of him wanted to just be like Sora and up and leave. But yet again, the feeling of responsibility withheld him. He felt as though he was responsible for this little group, even if he wasn't even a Jounin. Or their actual sensei, for that matter.

Akashi had took that role and then fled with it. They didn't exactly have one now, either. 'Dou shiyou..?' The blonde questions himself within the centerfold of his mind, bringing a single hand up to tense several locks of hair between his index and his thumb. Should he really just let them be---let them fight it out? There certainly was lots of tension but even then this was just overboard at this point.

Chakra within him starts to stir, that part of him wanting to break it up starting to lapse into his conscious. It kneads into what it's most used to--lightning chakra, visibly flickering every now and then about his form as small sparks that light him up. Once again he felt conflicted, even more so than when he was pushed to deal with the dare that had probably started this all. And with that confliction came the guilt of the aforementioned situation still residing within him.

Even his normal relaxed composure seems to have been replaced with a frown and creased eye brows, though he doesn't say anything. As the flicker of sparks continues, he starts to ease forward, just sauntering on toward the pair for now. His facial features relax as he eases himself amidst the mental conflict of contemplation.

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:17 am

Ryuko watched the events unfolding before her with a sense of almost overwhelming numbness. She was having trouble believing what her eyes where seeing. Where her two best friends in the entire world really scrapping with each other?

Just writing it off as a mere cat fight would be been underselling it. The first punch to be thrown as it where had been aimed straight for the throat. As a trained martial artist and a doctor she could tell just how deadly serious Shimiko was being right from the get go. The blond twin tailed girl was out for blood. From the way Natsuru was responding there was no doubt she wasn’t about to hold back either and was ready to beat her rival black and blue.

Ryuko had known there was a lingering animosity between the two of them. It had been lurking just under the surface when they talked to each other at times. But over time it seemed to have been fading. Natsuru had seemed to take Shimiko’s brush with death quite seriously and been trying to make amends and yet here they where coming to blows with each other.

A large part of her, the part that was still a child wanted to reject it. To deny the reality that was happening before her. Bury her head in the sand and hope it all blew over. Closing her eyes, she grit her teeth as she firmed her resolve. That was the old Ryuko, the one that was still a priestess in training. The one that was too weak to accomplish anything on her own.

That Ryuko was a thing of the past. She was a gennin now, an adult in the eyes of the law if not the eyes of her friends. What’s more she was a vestal, the spiritual guide to the Raikage herself. When times where dark, it was her job to light the way. What was darker then two friends, two teammates trying to beat each other half to death?

As her eyes snapped open her body surged with energy as she activated her Hi Ougi, Overdirve mode. It was a secret skill that only she possessed. A combination of jutsu that almost nobody else would have the right skill to copy completely. They might be able to duplicate a piece of the puzzle but it would be extremely hard to replicate the entire thing.

It was her ace in the hole, something so hidden that she hadn’t even shown it to Nariko, and yet now she was throwing that all aside because right now the only thing that mattered was putting a stop to this fight before it progressed any further and tore their squad apart.

Dashing past Simon she attempted to physically inserted herself between the two brawling girls and use her now enhanced strength, far above what her small frame would suggest to push them apart and keep them that way so that they where out of arms reach of each other.

“ENOUGH!” She bellowed, tears streaking from her eyes and staining her makeup. If it wasn’t for the jutsu she was using to enhance her breathing she would have been sniffiling right now. “Are we not all friends here?” she added rhetorically.

“Nay, that word isn’t enough to describe the relationship between the three of us. More then comrades, more then friends, more then sisters, we are Nakama.” Ryuko declared boldly making a statement about how close they where, or at least how tight-knit she wish they would be.

“And Nakama, they don’t fight. At least, not like this they don’t. Whatever the feud between you two is about, tis is no way to settle it.” she insisted firmly hoping they would understand what she was trying to say and reconcile once and for all.

Spoiler:

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A-> A++ (Arch Angel's Tiara)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Natsuru and her were on the same page for once. The hostility was mutual and to her surprise the rich girl had an instinct for combat. She dodged Shimiko's attack and then attempted to grab her wrist and arm. Shimiko was quick enough to move her elbow out of the way however her wrist was not so lucky. Natsuru cursed and called her a word she did not know but judging from the connotation Shimiko assumed it was less than pleasant. "I'm going to freaking kill you!" Shimiko cried in retort her lack of cursing due to habit rather than any genuine concern for using profanity.  Natsuru would then attempt to perform a take down using her superior strength. Shimiko was smaller and weaker and thus she was helpless to avoid the move. She hit the ground hard but before Natsuru could deliver true punishment, she felt herself being separated from her rival by an immense strength. With the rage and intensity of the moment distracting her from her surroundings, Shimiko presumed such power could only belong to Simon. But when she heard Ryuko's voice and realized that it was her comrade holding her at bay she could only stare in amazement.

Both Natsuru and Ryuko had gotten so much stronger since she had last seen them. Natsuru always came off to her as a girl unable to defend herself outside of using a bow and arrow, and Ryuko was not nearly as powerful as she was now. If Ryuko could easily hold them both at bay what could she do if she truly wanted to hurt someone? Ryuko was clearly trying to keep them from tearing each other apart but the whole moment made her feel insignificant. If she couldn't even kill Natsuru then how could she stand amongst the greatest murderers in Kumogakure history? Even worse, she had managed to expose herself as a wanton murderer. The situation made her hot with rage, shame, and sadness. She found herself beginning to cry. She sobbed and as tears started starting streaming down her face she ceased struggling to get at Natsuru. Ryuko had said they were more than just friends and comrades, they were Nakama. Shimiko wanted that to be true but she felt as though she could not go on being belittled and mocked by Natsuru. She was tired of constantly having to put up with petty insults and jabs intended to make her look bad. She would rather fight Natsuru to the death than endure the type of passive aggression the kuniochi seemed to excel at.

"She's not my friend!" Shimiko protested loudly. "She's not my sister, not my comrade, and definitely not my Nakama!" Shimiko was making a scene but she was so wrapped up in the emotion of the moment she didn't care. She pointed an accusatory finger at Natsuru. "She's always making fun of me and treating me like joke! She doesn't respect me for who I am and what I'm capable of....I-I-I FUCKING HATE HER! I WANT TO KILL HER!" The truth had come out at last. Months of agitation and provocation had caused Shimiko to reveal her true intentions towards her so-called friend. The facade of amicability and innocence was shattered in a single moment of rage. Shimiko grabbed the necklace that Natsuru had made for her. The fine piece of jewelry known as Janshin's Gift that she had worn as a show of good faith. It was meaningless to her now. A hollow gesture from a hollow person. Shimiko pulled and tore the jewelry from her neck before tossing it at Natsuru. "I don't want that! I don't want anything from you! Just leave me alone!" Shimiko was so angry and embarrassed she rushed out of the room and made a beeline for the front door.

Doubtless the servants of House Senou would find the outburst scandalous and uncouth but she didn't care. She didn't even care what Simon thought, all she could think of was finding something to kill, bringing it under her dominion, and then killing it slowly over a long period of time. The house was big but somehow Shimiko managed to find the entrance from where she came in. She opened the door, left the mansion, and slammed the door shut behind her. She ran from the manor and sobbed all the way home.

Exit Sad

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 am

The two's short quarrel was briefly ended by a sudden, powerful stiff arm to her gut. Between them was none other than Ryuko, the perceived youngest and most naive member of the trio. Despite this she was powerful enough to stop Natsuru dead in her tracks. She made her spiel, something that was half expected out of the girl. Natsuru understood her words quite well. It was precisely the entire reason she threw the party in the first place. She wanted to bring everyone together she liked and enjoy their company in the same roof allowing her guests to mingle with one another. It was her fantasy she imagined when planning the party. Unfortunately, in reality, the opposite occurred and the group seemed to be pushed further away from each other.

It was to no surprise to her that the majority of the problems caused tonight were from Shimiko. Simon was respectful and Sora was quiet. Ryuko found herself disliking Sora, but her behavior was correctly not long after. It was Shimiko that was the trouble maker. She pouted when the original game was suggested. She brought her inferiority complex to the table when playing Truth or Dare. She reacted with a tantrum when the game didn't go her way. She provoked Natsuru with her foul mannerisms. As Shimiko ripped the necklace off and threw it towards she deftly caught it as she fingers loosely ran through the chains of the necklace. The girl's face was back to its cold demeanor as her dead fish eyes stared sharply into the crying blonde. Natsuru had lost any desire to try and mend their relationship. "If you're going to act like a crybaby, well, so be it."

As Shimiko ran off Natsuru sighed as a chill ran through the air. Embarrassment and darkness were her only two emotions she could experience. When the situation settled Natsuru could admit she overreacted. To resort to violence all of the sudden was beneath her, though in the presence of Shimiko it was something she begged for. A single sigh would follow the main doors of the manor slamming shut, Natsuru speaking after the awkward silence. "It is best you two should head home. Sorry for the inconvenience." Her words were short, the Genin not bothering to look at either of them when she spoke. Natsuru would silently leave the room back to the inner cloister to the other side entering another hall where she would separate herself from the two and make her way to her room.

The girl found it hard to speak any further. There was a hard lump in her throat as Natsuru herself was on the verge of shedding a tear. This always happens when I try to make friends. I can't have a break. I'm done trying to make friends. They just waste my time... Natsuru would find herself through the labyrinth-like manor to her room, the girl not having much of an appetite for the dinner planned. She would reside in her room all night with no desire to communicate with anybody.

[Exit]

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:15 am

There's very little that Simon can do within this situation that would warrant him pushing himself into it. Therefore, a deal of relief sets itself over him as Ryuko intervenes---a personal squad member, someone that would at least have more influence over their reaction. As she breaks between the two, the Kageyama dismisses the chakra coursing through his being, digging his hand into his pocket firmly. He just shakes his head, preferring to keep his distance from the group entirely.

He roughly strokes the gathering of locks at the forefront of his head with his fingertips, biting his lower lip. 'This.. isn't good at all... not just in regards to their friendship either.' The blonde thinks to himself, halting the biting to clench his teeth together. He lowers his hand from his locks and simply tucks it away with the other one, too, casting his gaze off to the side with a look of uncertainty and awkwardness upon his facial features.

'... I could make amends to this. Fix it somehow. Not fully. But somehow. I'd just need time to figure out how. I'll need to talk to Nariko about what I have in mind, though. Too risky to do on my own. Guess I'll have to prove myself to her to seem trustworthy for it, too.' Simon begins to make way for the exit as well, not too soon after Shimiko.

"Yeah... don't sweat it. Both of you go rest up. It'll be for the best. Try not to lose sleep over it... and.. don't take what she said literally. She's still young--and I don't mean that condescendingly either. People get mad. People say things they probably don't mean in the heat of the moment. Keep that in mind the next time you see her, or if you see her."

That's the last of what he says, before retrieving a small notepad and a utensil, beginning to write some things down as he makes his departure.

Last edited by Blonde on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 am

Ryuko knew she had been slowly but steadily growing stronger but even she was surprised by the ease with which she forced the her two feuding teammates apart.  In her minds eye they had been relatively comparable to one another but it seemed somewhere along the way she had pulled ahead of them, a realization that would have made her profoundly sad if it weren’t for the dire circumstance that she found herself in.

She might have defused the physical fight but it seemed her declaration that they where Nakima hadn’t been enough to bring about the reconciliation between the two she had been seeking.
    In the heat of the moment Shimiko spilled her true feeling and said something terrible.  Ryuko was sure it was just her anger speaking but that didn’t make the words hurt any less.

As Shimiko reached towards her necklece the symbol of friendship between her and Natsuru the priestess realized what she was about to do. Shimiko was going to tear it off throw it to the floor and storm out  If she allowed that to happen they would reach the point of no return. Their squad once so close nit was on the verge of destruction.  They would be torn apart never to be reformed.  

In the grand scheme of things she hadn’t known either of them for that long relative to the rest of her life before coming to the village, and yet the last few months had been filled with enough special moments to last for a lifetime.  Her life which had been so dull and grey before was no filled with vivid sounds and colors thanks to them.

In her heart of hearts she wanted to spend more time together, just the three of them but it would be the height of greediness to ask for more when they had given her so much already.  Most people would say this dispute was between the two of them and she had no business meddling in it.  But could she really allow things to end this way?

Ryuko was the type of person who generous to a fault.  Always giving her time and energy to help others and almost never asking for anything in return.  Wasn’t it time for her to be a little bit selfish?  As a priestess she was supposed to be a champion of the people.  Hadn’t the pontiff once told her that meddling when she don’t need to was the very essence of being a hero?  

With that in mind she made her move. If someone where to complain she would shut them up by saying that as a squad member it absolutely was her business to butt in.  Stealing a march on Shimiko her hand shot out like a striking cobra as she attempt to grab the twin tailed girls wrist before she could complete her toss, preventing her from storming off.  

“Shi-chan, Nat-chan.” she said their names softly as she snapped her fingers and held out her hand. A moment later her handmaiden Sophie stepped forward and handed Ryuko the mandolin she had been carrying behind in a case strapped behind her back the entire time.   If mere words weren’t enough to get though to them then she would bet everything on the power of song.

“Would you please stop and listen for a spell?” she asked her voice pleading to them to listen to her one selfish little request.  Letting Shimiko’s hand go Ryuko plucked a string on the instrument to test out that it was still tuned properly.  Nodding in satisfaction she began to play a variation of a song she knew, keeping the tune but modifying the lyrics a little to match their situation.

♪Sister, my sisters.
    Tell me what are you fighting for
    We’ve got to stop this war.
    We should love one another
    Oh can’t we just pretend
    this feud never began?

Oh can’t you try
    Sister, my sisters.

You face each other from different sides.
    The anger burns can’t remember why.
    It’s kind of crazy, to hold such hate
    Our foolish pride makes us act this way.

We watch our worlds fall apart,
    Tell me what good is winning
    When you lose your heart.

Sister, my sisters
    Tell me, what are you fighting for?
    Isn't life just worth so much more?
    Oh, can't we just pretend
    This feud never began?

Tell me why!
    Sister, my sister
    Yes can’t you try?
    Sister, my sisters

Let's take a moment and look deep inside…
    And say we're willing to give love a try.
    Your not as different as you think you seem to be,
    There's so much more to each other than what you see!

You don't have to be this way,
    Think about the consequences,
    don’t turn and walk away!

Sister, My Sisters
    Tell me what are we fighting for?
    Isn't life worth so much more?
    Oh can't we just pretend
    That this feud never began?

Oh please try,
    Sister my sisters.♪

Stats
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Shimiko's hand was stopped by the meddling priestess. The girl's first reaction was to ball the other hand in a fist to punch her in the face on instinct. Shimiko didn't want to hurt Ryuko (although she probably couldn't) but she was so angry that she was ready to lash out against anyone who tried to tell her what to do. The only thing that stopped her was the sad and distraught look in the poor girl's eyes. Shimiko wasn't a compassionate person per se but she did care for Ryuko and the thought of hurting her feelings was enough to stay her hand. The only reason she had played nice with Natsuru in the first place was because she adored Ryuko's enthusiasm for having a new squad. Ryuko called them both and gestured for her mandolin. The Janshinst took a deep breath and resisted the urge to storm out. She gripped the jewelry in her hand as the heat of the moment quickly faded. I'll listen for Ryuko's sake....She stood rooted to her spot and listened as Ryuko played her song. It was beautiful music and well composed. The lyrics were topical and Shimiko wondered exactly how Ryuko managed to come up with such a complicated and relevant piece of music on the spot. The girl was a true musical genius in Shimiko's eyes.

When the song finished, Shimiko crossed her arms and looked away from the group. Tears were still streaming down her face but she was touched that at least Ryuko cared about her. Simon didn't seem to give a damn from his expression and Natsuru outright hated her. She wouldn't curse or yell at Natsuru anymore if only because it ate her up inside to see Ryuko so conflicted. However, this didn't mean she was suddenly willing to forgive the Senou. She wasn't going to be the first one to apologize.

"..."

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:00 am

It was in the heat of the moment between the two after Ryuko physically intervened stopping the fight. As Shimiko went on with her tantrum and reached for her necklace Ryuko stopped her actions in their tracks with a solid grip. Breaking the silence was Ryuko mentioning both Natsuru and Shimiko as she snapped her fingers. From the background came Sophie, Ryuko's personal servant, came carrying the mandolin in her hand. Where has she been... She had almost forgot Sophie was still around, or that she event stuck around after introducing Ryuko at the front door. Even Natsuru wasn't THAT spoiled where she had her servants attending her every need outside of her home. Part of her liked the peace and quiet of being in her own company, while another part was too prideful to have a servant follow her throughout the day. She was lazy, but not enough to be on "assisted living" terms. Nonetheless, Ryuko offered to play a musical number for the two of them.

Natsuru resisted the urge to cringe, the scene the group was in being something out of a corny story. Natsuru took up a similar posture to Shimiko, holding her arms, though her face was more angry than sadden. She half-listened to the song Ryuko had prepared, though during the peace granted by the music the bluenette calmed downed and began to self-actualize the whole situation that played out before them. She was...wrong. Her visage relaxed to an almost sorry expression at the end of the song. She could admit she severely overreacted. Truth be told, Natsuru and Shimiko were at each other's throats. It was as if they both begged for any reason to resort to violence against each other. Having experienced the outcome of acting upon those urges firsthand was enough to dissuade any further attempt of fury.

As much as she felt like Shimiko deserved having her pigtails tugged she felt it was not right to simply respond with violence as much as she wanted to. With the song ending there was a bit of silence, Shimiko's body language still expressing rage and sadness. Seeing her cheeks red and tears streaming down her face was almost cute. She was really like a child at heart. Still, Natsuru released a sigh. Natsuru rarely has any experience with apologizing. She was unsure how to even begin to apologize to Shimiko. "Shimiko..." The Genin stated taking a couple cautious steps in her direction as she faced the little lemon head. "I- I know a simple apology is not enough, but hear me out: We have been at each other's throats since we were placed in this squad. What I did earlier was an overreaction. My reaction was fueled by our "rivalry" out of frustration. Although our emotions get the best of us, I know you can understand that despite what we feel in the moment, it is not how we truly feel. I consider you my close friend. I respect and care for you. However, family fight sometimes."

A short pause allowed Natsuru to take a single step forward being close to Shimiko, placing her hand on her shoulder. "I invited you here because I want you in my company, and to include you with Ryuko and Simon." Giving Shimiko a gentle tug to try and get her to face Natsuru she would complete what she said. "We can work something out together after today to get rid of our past and set things straight. But for now, I beg of you, stay with us here for tonight. I had something I wanted to give you and Ryuko at the end after the dinner." Natsuru said giving an honest grin. Natsuru always found it hard to apologize to people. Her pride got the best of her when it came to feeling sorry to those she harmed. Fortunately for Shimiko she was one of the few she genuinely cared about to give an honest apology from her heart. She did not know what to expect out of the blonde, though she hoped for the best.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:17 am

As opposed to withdrawing himself from the setting, Simon sticks around as Ryuko insists upon stopping Shimiko from leaving. The male narrows his gaze quietly, staying within the backdrop of the whole thing quietly, whilst shuffling his hands through his pockets. He retrieves a notepad and pencil, mostly blocking out the musician as he focuses primarily on something else. The blonde casually starts to scribble some notes down, mostly things to just keep in mind as he planned on approaching this.

'Maybe I could get some helping hands with what I've got in mind. Things might ease themselves now, but that doesn't mean I can slack off on my part.' The Kageyama muses, occasionally peering upwards. Once he saw that Natsuru and Shimiko seemed to start making amends, namely the former, he quietly tucks the belongings away.

'Honestly. I'll probably never be a teacher figure. Even if I can manage to slip my way into the makeshift role--it'll be different from the real deal. Part of me wishes I was older. Maybe then I'd have more wisdom and be more responsible. Think I would've known what the right thing to do was in this situation.' Simon contemplates within his thoughts, bringing his hand to his head and stroking a few of his locks by clutching them between his thumb and index finger.

For now he just stays quiet, intent on letting things play out while he observes and takes note mentally.

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:45 pm

As Ryuko played she prayed in her heart to Hakkin that this would be a success. She was an idealist, someone that saw the brighter side of things in the world but even she wasn’t nieve enough to think this was a problem that could be solved so simply. It wasn’t like when her song ended things would be all sunshine and rainbows between the two.

All she was doing was buying some time, cooling their heads off a little. It wouldn’t magically undo the damage that had been done or take back the words that had been said. She was offering them a new foundation from which to start but that cornerstone would quickly crumble without cooperation from both parties. It was up to them to make the choice. Work together to repair their relationship over time or continue their rivalry which could only end in tears and tragedy. She hoped for all their sakes they would make the correct decision .

As she finishedher song she watched and waited with baited breath to see the girls response. Natsuru rose to her expectations, apologizing for everything and extending the hand of peace. The only question now was how would Shimiko respond?

Stats
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:21 pm

As Natsuru walked towards her, Shimiko tensed up. Natsuru's words were conciliatory but she was so used to being on edge whenever her rival spoke. She didn't look at Natsuru and continued looking away while putting on a pouting expression. Shimiko couldn't believe her ears but she was actually apologizing to her and it sounded very genuine. She said that despite their petty rivalries, they were still family and she cared about her. Shimiko had never wanted to be enemies with Natsuru. She had offered friendship on their first official mission as a squad and she remembered how Natsuru turned her down. It seemed as though she was now willing to put that behind her. Shimiko flinched when Natsuru reached out to touch her but then relaxed when she realized it was just a hand on the shoulder. She turned to face her and looked her in the eyes as her friend begged her to stay and dine with them. Natsuru smiled and Shimiko could tell that she genuinely cared about her. Shimiko wiped her tears with the back of her hand and returned the smile before giving her a sudden embrace. She wrapped her arms around Natsuru and squeezed tightly. All she wanted was for Natsuru to accept her the same way that Ryuko had. She didn't want to be made to feel like she was ugly or unworthy of love just because she was still young. When she broke the embrace, all expression of anger and hatred had evaporated.

"I'm sorry too Natsuru. I shouldn't have disrespected your home. Its just a stupid game. I just wanted to show that I could be as pretty and popular as you." She looked away embarrassed for a second. "I didn't mean what I said, you and Ryuko are not just my friends...you're my family" Without going into it Shimiko didn't have much in the way of family. Her mother and father had practically disowned her, her brother was dead, the rest of the Chinoike Clan felt like strangers, and even her fellow worshipers felt strange and alien to her at times.  She looked down at the jewelry she was clutching. Ryuko had stopped her from throwing it and storming off. There was no telling what might have happened if that series of events were allowed to proceed. The priestess had saved their team through the power of song. It was something straight out of a story but Shimiko was glad that it happened that way. She looked at Janshin's Gift remorsefully as she saw the clasp was broken from when she pulled it from her neck.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." Shimiko started getting choked up when she realized how she had treated such an expensive gift. She remembered that her last interaction with Natsuru before falling ill was receiving it as a present along with the invitation to come to the party. She stopped herself from crying but regret was still plain on her face.

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 am

Natsuru was in part glad that Shimiko felt the same way. She half-expected to receive a bitter response from Shimiko. She expected it due to the pain she had caused. Although she did not mean what she said, that did not mean that's how she felt no matter how recent those feelings may still be valid. It reminded Natsuru of their first meeting. Her general, cold demeanor deflected Shimiko mixed with a bit of jealousy on her end. Natsuru liked to consider all three of them to be her closest friends, and felt it was necessary to start fully including Shimiko and treating her like she did the others. Natsuru would reach towards the necklace she crafted for Shimiko. The necklace, Jashin's Gift, was made from platinum and diamond. Her craftsmanship and the valuable metals and stone used ran it up to almost twenty-five thousand ryo. Each of their necklaces were equally valuable. They were extravagant and symbolized their friendship, yet had a secondary purpose of being able to be sold in a pinch for cash in dire situations.

Examining the necklace Natsuru was easy to identify what was damage. She would shrug with a carefree expression. "No worries. It's just the clasp. I can replace it in no more than five minutes." She said confidently knowing how to work her crafts like the back of her hand. Broken clasps were always a popular problem with jewelry. Little did most people know all one had to do was remove the pin and replace it. Natsuru would pocket the necklace in the meantime until she got around to fixing it. Since the situation came at ease Natsuru was now really hungry. It was to the point where at the moment of silence there was a small, audible sound of stomach gurgling. "So, let's get some dinner, shall we?" She said inviting the group and gesturing them with her hand, Natsuru gently patting Shimiko's back with her other.

The dining area was just on the other side of the double doors. Stepping ahead of the group she pushed them open revealing the table spread before them. There were fourteen chairs in total, six on either long side and one at the ends each made of handcrafted mahogany, as with the large dining table. A long table cloth was placed over the center of the table where the food was on. The food was entirely Chinese cuisine, a lot of dishes may appearing to be foreign to those not savvy enough with different cultures. At the center of the table was a large roasted goose. It was roasted with a Chinese five spice blend and glazed with honey making the rich, dark goose meat sweet and flavorful rather than savory. On two plates sitting either side of the goose was sliced and prepared peking duck with smaller plates holding spring onion, slice cucumber, and pickled radishes to go with the duck, as well as two steam baskets filled with thin spring pancakes. Surrounding the main courses were various steam baskets filled with dozens of different types of dim sum, fried and white rice, chow mein, stir-fry mixtures including sweet and sour pork, kung pao chicken, chop suey, mapo doufu, egg rolls, and spring rolls on their own plates spread all across the table allowing ease of access to any course no matter where one sat.

Several small pots with portable gas burners kept a variety of soups hot, including: hot and sour, egg flower, bird nest, and wonton soup. Each chair was dressed with everybody's own plate, small plate, eating utensils, tankards, goblets, and napkins. To the trained eye they were all entirely silver. Just as Natsuru and other onlookers were taking in the view two more servants exited the kitchen. One carried two large, silver claret pitchers which the other carrying four bottles, two in each hand. The jugs were placed near the center near the main course along with the bottles. The jugs were filled with spiced red wine, mulled and warm. There were four bottles, two of them being a blackberry wine and the other two being simple mead. The smell was enough to cause Natsuru to go on a feeding rampage, though of course she had to keep her composure when in the general public.

"Sit wherever you prefer. And help yourself when you do. Well, Ryuko and Shimiko, anyways. Simon, if you may, please seat yourself here..." Natsuru said this, gesturing her arms towards the head of the table. It was placed just in front of a roaring fireplace which mostly lit up the dining area and warmed it as well. She could not find it in herself for anybody else but a man to sit at the head of the table. Although Simon was not the patriarchal figure of the household she felt it was best out of tradition for him to seat himself at front. Regardless, Natsuru was not in charge of his action. If she could she would pour his drink for him as well. However she did not want to provoke Shimiko, knowing how much she adored him. Natsuru would instead seat herself feeling a bit guilty, but letting the table spread clear her worries.

She would first reach for one of the claret jugs pouring her crystal goblet full of the mulled red wine allowing the sanguine color to shine through the glass. Serving her a bowl of bird's nest soup she would begin organizing her plate. Taking a slice out of the goose she placed the meat on her plate. Her arms moved around the table as if she was programmed to set up her plate the way she preferred. She would take an equal serving of noodles, fried rice, and varies entrees that dotted the table. Her small plate would be used for the dim sum, picking her favorite shrimp dumpling and pork and cabbage dumplings. Having everything set she would grab her spoon and take a small sip of her bird nest's soup. Swallowing the piping hot spoonful soothed the girl's soul, all thoughts of the struggle and embarrassment from before being washed away with the delightful cuisine. Natsuru would wait for the others to get settled before talking. She had a feeling she would need to answer a lot of questions.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:50 am

'Maybe I'm just overthinking too much.' Simon muses, bringing his hands up to lightly slap his own cheeks. Once he's slipped from his constant thinking, the Kageyama promptly settles his gaze upon the squad, watching to see their reaction. By somewhat of a miracle, the song had managed to quell the two of them enough to apologize, though as that was resolved another thing he was considering slipped into his conscious. Despite it beginning to eat away at his thoughts in search of an answer, he didn't inquire upon it, however.

'Is she still mad over that Truth? I just didn't want to make assumptions about those signals. Assumptions suck. This right here proved it... but I mean if it is true...' The blonde quietly shifts his gaze to the Chinoike, staring at her for several moments. Whether she'd noticed or not, he eventually shifts his gaze away, prompted by the Senou moving on from the initial situation. He stuffs his hands back into his pockets, relaxing his posture and his visuals, but not the aura about him.

It was an uncharacteristic sense of mild distress and confusion, something he rarely tried to show. Something that rarely even came up with him. And yet here it was.

'.. Fuck. Why me, though? You're the Nidaime's sister. Go ogle someone better---find someone special, not someone basic.' He tenses his hands into fists, pressing his teeth together while his mouth is closed. Something as simple as this was something not even the 'King of Lightning' could handle, or a joke that even the 'Joker' could laugh at or encourage. As far as he saw it, it was just a hassle. Just extra stress. Love. Or affection. Or admiration.

Whatever it could be called, it wasn't something that he desired. Circumstantially, though.... man.
    'Man. Even the guy I look up to would probably kill me if I even accepted it. What do I do here?'

He's promptly eased from his thoughts once his pseudo auto-pilot into the dining area, a myriad of senses slipping into his nostrils. Simon looks around, peering at the plethora of options to choose from, though his stomach stayed still considering what remained on his mind. Simon simply glances at Natsuru as she brings up his name, proceeding to nod and going over to the head of the table without so much of a word.

The male takes a seat, trying to take his mind off of things and focus on dinner for now. He gets some of the goose, naturally, along with fried rice, spring pancakes, egg rolls and kung pao chicken. His yellow gaze shifted along the table briefly, in search of a specific dish, or well, favorite food in mind, but whether he saw it or not Simon would keep his plate as is, waiting on Ryuko and Shimiko as Natsuru had did himself and the former two.

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:17 am

Ryuko let out the breath she hadn’t even realized she had been holding, releasing all the tension that had built up inside of her. Having to intervene in the squabble between her two friends was one of the hardest things she had ever done, to the point it made taking on a hoard of bandits on her own seem easy in comparison.

“Well that wasn’t quite what I was had planned to preform, but tis seems to be for the best.” said Ryuko with a heartwarming smile as she returned her guitar to Sophie who in turn handed her a cloth she could use to wipe her tear stained face with. Giving her maid a quite thanks Ryuko began the process of removing her heavily smudged makeup.

The red religious markings she usually wore on her face where actually quite water resistant. She could stand out in heavy rain and it wouldn’t run, but no material was quite perfect and it was weak to the concentrated salt contained in her tears. Sophie began to reach into her pocket to pull out a makeup kit so that the markings could be reapplied but Ryuko waved her over, figuring it wasn’t worth the bother when she was among family.

With her makeup on she could be described as cute and pretty. But without it her face was elevated to an entire other level, one that could only be described as radiantly beautiful. It seemed her makeup had been more then a just a mere fashion statement, but also a way to avoid drawing unwanted attention towards herself.

Of course saying that she was peerless would have been a gross overstatement. Of her squad mates Natsuru exuded an air of sensual maturity that she could never hope to match and Shimiko had charm to spare.

As they headed arrived at the dinning room Ryuko found it to be fairly typical of what you would expect to find in a higher class manner such as this. Fancy chairs and silverware and of course a square table. Round tables implied all those seated where equal which was problematic for nobility that depending who’s very existence was predicated on hierarchy.

They where typically used by peasants or for high level negations between power brokers like the kages. If they ever built a shared atelier for crafting like Ryuko had been musing about she would be sure to install one for the squad as a symbolic gesture that they where all on the same footing with one another.

What was impressive however was the spread of food on display. The sheer amount was epicurean both in verity and volume. To be frank it was complete overkill for such a small group. Natsuru had really gone all out on this party.

Natsuru had seated herself in the middle on one side so naturally Ryuko picked the seat to her left, leaving the seat to that right that was closest to Simon open for Shimiko. Having chosen a chair Sophie pulled it out from the table for her so that Ryuko could seat herself. Then the maid dutifully took a couple of steps backward so that she was hovering near the wall. Far enough to be out of the way and yet close enough to be handy if needed.

It was a shame really that she couldn’t join them but a master and servant dinning at the same table was generally something heavily frowned upon in high society. When it was just the two of them, Ryuko treated her like a member of her own family and they often ate together, but here they didn’t have the same luxury since they had to be mindful of their manners. At least their would be plenty of food left over once they where done for her maid to enjoy.

The food was exotic, Ryuko was well used to a verity of both European and Japanese dishes but she had never tried anything from China before. Watching what Natsuru was putting onto her plate she copied the other girl taking a piece of this and a bit of that, though the portion sizes she chose where on the more dainty side. This was her first time trying it after all and she wanted to avoid wasting any food if she happened to dislike it.

Not that she felt she had to be partiality picking with so many choices available. If she happened to not like one dumpling their where several other kinds to try. The odds she wouldn’t like at least one type where practically zero. Taking a bite of a shrimp dumpling she hummed happily as the delicious flavor spread across her tongue.

“Oh my, so juicy. The bun is soft and satisfyingly chewy before melting in your mouth. The shrimp’s mild richness and umami keep gushing out. Tis delicious.” declared Ryuko narrating her opinion as if she was some kind of food crictic even as she continued to savor the taste. “My compliments to the chef.”

Looking at all the alcohol present Ryuko selected one of the bottles of mead and poured herself a glass rather then having Sophie do it for her. She wanted to demonstrate that while she had her maid follow her around for a lot of things, she wasn’t entirely dependent on the other woman. Nor was she the type that expected to be waited on hand and foot.

Taking a sip of the mead Ryuko found it pleasantly sweat tasting. Well what else would you expect when it was fermented with honey rather then grain like the beer she was used to. The best part? It had an even higher alcohol content as well which made it perfect for communing with her god.

Closing her eyes she took another sip and made a silent prayer to hakkin. A prayer that her squad would always be together in harmony like this. That they could enjoy the peace while it lasted, and be victorious over their enemies when it did not.

Finishing her prayer she held up her glass high. “A toast, to my sisters. May tales of our story echo throughout the ages. To that end I propose we give our squad a name, a title to inscribe upon the legend we shall build together. Do you have any good suggestions?” she said soliciting the girls for their opinions on this very important matter.

Stats
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Shimiko was releived that Natsuru could fix the broken necklace. It was just a clasp issue and she said she could fix it up soon. Shimiko hugged her gratefully and concurred on the subject of them finally getting something to eat. Ryuko said she had planned to perform a different song but Shimiko agreed that what she played was just right for the moment. While Ryuko was more likely to chalk it up to the divine providence of Hakkin Shimiko knew that only Janshin could be responsible for bringing hated enemies together again. If the trio remained a squad then they were meant to kill many people together and Shimiko found that beautiful. Speaking of beautiful, when Ryuko wiped her face of its traditional markings Shimiko noticed how radiant she looked without it. The girl felt a bit insecure as she was now certain she was the most mediocre looking out of them. The sound of slapping momentarily distracted her as she looked over at Simon. She looked away immediately in shame although she could feel his eyes on her. He didn't seem angry or particularly upset at her behavior during the game. She wanted to apologize for trying to manipulate him into kissing her. If he didn't want to do it and making a joke out of it was his way of tactfully extricating himself from the situation then she had no right to be angry with him. While they were on their way to the dining hall she went back and forth on whether or not she should apologize in front of Ryuko and Natsuru. She was certain neither of them would make it worse but she was still self-conscious given the scene that had just played out. Shimiko decided to hold her tongue for now and instead cheer herself up by thinking about what sort of exotic and delicious food the House chef had prepared.

When they arrived at the table filled with food Shimiko stared in amazement. There was so. much. food. It was as if Natsuru had prepared a feast for the entire Academy. The spread was laid out on a table with fine cutlery and was complimented by alcohol. Shimiko didn't have an embargo on consuming alcohol per se but she preferred not to drink in social settings. Although given the specialness of this occasion she saw no reason why a couple of drinks couldn't hurt.

Natsuru seated everyone and was quite diplomatic about it. Shimiko knew these sorts of events had a certain etiquette and code to them. The male usually sat at the head of the table. Ryuko had been nice enough to leave her a seat next to Simon but Shimiko felt weird about sitting next to him after the stunt she had pulled. She knew she had no right to be angry at him and that she owed him an apology but some part of her couldn't help but be miffed at him. She felt that he was teasing her by playing coy and acting so cool when it was obvious that she fancied him. Shimiko would have preferred him to just tell her to get lost so that she could cry and get over. But he never revealed his full hand and that simultaneously vexed and excited her. Shimiko gave a soft near silent sigh and took her place next to him. She did this partially because it would be awkward and off putting if she sat next to Ryuko and left the seat near him open. She also partially wanted to watch his reactions through her peripheral vision although if the past was any indicator, he'd just give off the same Cool vibe that he always did.

Shimiko took her seat and began filling her plate with all sorts of goodies. The food was indeed foreign and exotic. The nature of the cuisine along with Natsuru's strange language led her to believe that the Senou were possibly from another country. Natsuru looked Oriental but Shimiko guessed they may have lived in another part of the region for some time or perhaps were originally from there. The Janshinist went for the roast goose first as the fatty and succulent texture of the meat reminded her of her mother's homestyle cooking. The duck was next followed by sweet and sour pork, then a decent heaping of chow mein. Finally, she topped it all off with a few egg and spring rolls. Shimiko of course minded her manners while serving herself. She had been taught elegant dining after Seigi became Kage. The fussy woman who came and taught them had drawn Shimiko's ire but ultimately the lessons were useful. The Chinoike were historically a barbarous and isolated clan and so she knew that at such events others were always watching her to make sure she was far more civilized than her cousins who still called the mountains their home. This was also part of the reason why she was a fan of formal wear.

She poured a bit of spiced red wine into her glass and raised it as well. She said a silent prayer to her own deity before saying: "I think I'll leave the naming to you and Natsuru but I just want to say you guys are the best teammates a girl could ask for!" The tears had dried and since she wasn't wearing any makeup one could hardly tell that Shimiko had been so sad. She was now beaming with joy that she was alive, healthy, strong and had two fierce yet loyal friends by her side.

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:25 am

The gang retired into their chairs after a short, yet long, walk from the gazebo outside to the dining area. The spread was always an impressive sight, especially when she was hungry. It was even more pleasurable to see now that she had guest over, most she was assure of have not experienced her cuisine. The spread was set up professionally to be eye-grabbing and ease of access to the variety of items no matter where you sat. Ryuko was eager to start just as much as she was, the two having the plates set and stuffing food in their mouths while Simon and Shimiko still worked to get theirs set. Ryuko proposed a toast, Natsuru finishing her mouthful and patting her mouth with the napkin before grabbing her goblet and raising it to the top. Natsuru tuned into what Ryuko had to say, the need for a team brand. "I feel 'Thundercats' is a fitting title. Given, well, we are a female team and representatives of Kumogakure." She said coyly having come up with the name on the spot. She was unsure if they would like it or not. Regardless she would drown any self-doubt with her mulled wine, retreating from the other glasses and tipping herself with some warm wine.

After the proposed toast the group was resume eating, if anything. It certainly did for Natsuru as she picked up her chopsticks and began short work on some dumplings. She'd stuff one in her mouth, following by two and three. It would be surprising to know how all managed to fit comfortably in her mouth. One could assume they were immediately consumed as they passed her lips, or they just managed to stockpile neatly in her mouth and towards the back of her throat. Chewing and swallowing she spoke during the momentary silence. "Talking about names, I feel now would be the best time to go about this." She spoke while reaching for her napkin patting her mouth dry once again before continuing on with what she had to say. "Lately I've been thinking about our first mission together with the bandits. I don't feel like I'm overreacting, but it could be potentially dangerous to use our real identity outside of casual settings. This is why I propose we each take on our own 'titles' that we use exclusively outside the village, and of course inside if you wish. These are kinda like nicknames."

Natsuru would let her suggestion settle taking a sip of her wine allowing Shimiko and Ryuko to converse in the moment of silence. Licking her lips she would continue. "Shimiko, you are sweet and strong with the potential to become a real devil when need be. As team leader I wish to dub you 'Honey Badger.' I feel that title best suits you and your ability. Ryuko, you are cunning and brave. Perhaps the smartest of the three of us. Your generosity knows no bounds as you provide the best for your friends. Ryuko, I feel 'Black Panther' best suits your traits. And of course, me. Well, I don't intend of flattering myself with my own traits. But I will be known as 'Blood Raven' for various reasons." She wrapped up what she had to say with a slight pink hue on her cheeks in the end. The same sort of nervousness ran through her body after giving their titles. Truth be told she had relative difficulty trying to find a name that suited them best. She actually needed to study.

She would give the two the moment to talk as she resumed stuffing her face. She would listen, and be open to any sort of critique they had to offer, if any. Natsuru was rather flexible when it came to gift rejection. Seeing as these were just titles a quick change could be easily handled. Until then, she waited to hear what the others had to say.

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Simon just quietly watches their interaction, briefly shifting his gaze to the maid that had been following Ryuko around. After a moment or two, he settles back within his chair, glancing back at his plate and opting to maintain his uncharacteristic silence. He just goes ahead and tosses his guise of nonchalance on, keeping a composed look on his face in the middle of his internal displeasure. Shimiko taking a seat near him spelled nothing but more trouble for him, but it's ultimately something he opts not to speak on.

He ultimately takes his time with eating one of the egg rolls that he got, blocking out their little squad talk. In all honesty, the Kageyama felt out of place with their little discussion, primarily because there was no way for him to even be part of it. At most he was just a sideline to it all. Nariko was the squad's actual leader ever since Akashi's disappearance and she wasn't around right now.

Sora leaving really ended up sucking. He was kinda the only person saving him from feeling like an outsider to their group. None the less, he just sticks there, lost in his thoughts. Simon awkwardly keeps his gaze fixated on his lap, the egg roll dangling between a pair of chopsticks, two bites taken out of it. He'd been like that for a few moments, mostly just overthinking. He'd zoned out.

After looking up and noticing, he kinda awkwardly rests the egg roll back on the plate, lowering his chopsticks as well. The male rests them upon his plate for the time being, opting to push back within his chair and offering a few words.

"Please excuse me."

Briefly after stating that, he stands up, and begins to stroll off if he's not stopped. After all, it'd be easier to get himself away from the root of his troubles than stick around. Distancing himself from the group for a little bit just for that would make things a little easier for him. Especially since he didn't know how long he'd plan on staying here.

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Shimiko decline throwing any names out, saying that she would just go with whatever the other girls came up with.  Ryuko glanced at Simon to see if he had anything to say. Technically he wasn’t officially part of the squad, by at this point he’d had spent so much time with them he might as well be considered an extended member.

But his mind seemed elsewhere at the moment.  He gave Sophie a quick glance and the maid gave him a cordial smile in return before he looked away and returned to silently consuming his meal.   It seemed clear he was paying attention to what they where saying, but was deliberately staying out of it for some reason.  Maybe he just didn’t feel it was his place to say anything here.

“Thundercats…..” said Ryuko as she repeated the name Natsuru had suggested.  She liked the way the word just seemed to roll of her tongue, plus she had to admit the wordplay involved was pretty clever.  “Tis a fitting title indeed.  Well done Nat-chan.”  she said voicing her approval.

She thought that would be the end of the shop talk for the night but it seemed Natsuru was full of surprises today as she brought up the subject of having code names and explaining her reasoning.  Being the vestal and the daughter of a noble house it wasn’t hard for her to understand where the statuesque girl was going with this.

“Oh I get it. Shi-chan is Honey badger because she’s sweet and her knifes are like claws!” exclaimed Ryuko before Natsuru began to explain the nickname she would be getting her words of praise making Ryuko’s face blush lightly at first, the shade turning darker and dark the more Natsuru went on.  

Being called Cunning and brave was all well and good, but saying that she might be the smartest member of the group was making her feel very self conscious.  She knew she was well read and very intelligent but she didn’t want to get a big head about it since she knew there where plenty of people around who where just as astute if not more so then her.

Still she knew that a black panther was a symbol of courage, valor and power so she had no objection to the title she was given even if it didn’t really quite go with the color scheme of the dull purple shine priestess outfit she normally wore most of the time.

“Well Ravens are know to be mischievous and mirthful as well as having keen observational skills. I’d say that suits you fairly well.” commented Ryuko before Simon stood up and excuse himself.  “See you around, Bolt Cheetah” she said throwing him a code name as her way of saying that he wasn’t going to be left out from the group.

Stats
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 pm

Thundercats? Hmmm.....I like it! Shimiko decided as she washed a mouthful of food done with some wine. The girl dabbed the corners of her mouth with a napkin and vocalized her assent. "I love it! Good pick Natsuru!" she said in a wholesome tone. Natsuru went on to say that she was concerned about them revealing their actual identities while on a mission and that it would be best to use codenames. Like the ANBU? Shimiko thought. Shimiko didn't think it was particularly necessary in fact she kind of wanted people to know who she was. How else would Kumo recognize her as being made of the same stuff as her brother? She said nothing though as she knew that Natsuru only brought it up because she was concerned for their safety. Shimiko was also curious what nickname she'd be given. Natsuru named her 'Honey Badger' because she was sweet but vicious when provoked. The Chinoike blushed and said "Thanks". In truth, she wanted something a bit more intimidating but Honey Badger was a pretty accurate description of her personality and so she rolled with it. Although she was already coming up with a shortlist of names to use once she had reached a certain number of kills.

Natsuru named Ryuko Black Panther. A majestic yet powerful creature known for its discernment. Shimiko nodded believing the name to be an apt description of who Ryuko was. Finally, Natsuru chose the name Blood Raven for herself. It was surprisingly modest and Shimiko was a bit surprised that Natsuru would choose to associate herself with something conventionally known as "icky". It occurred to her that while she gave an explanation for each of their own names she merely said "various reasons" for her own in a bid to not appear as arrogant. Shimiko said she could be mischievous and mirthful but nevertheless had keen observational skills. Shimiko agreed but felt blood was not something Natsuru would want to be associated with, especially since Shimiko was the sole blood manipulator of the group.

"I like the Raven part but the blood part not so much....I think Aster Raven would be a better code name for you" Shimiko offered with gentle honesty. Natsuru didn't come off as a killer not that that was a bad thing (for a Janshinist it was but as far as Shimiko knew Natsuru was not a Janshinist). Shimiko felt she had a quality of grace and regal that was better captured by the term "Aster". The Aster was a beautiful purple flower sometimes used in royal feudal ceremonies in the southern part of Lightning Country. Natsuru was clearly wealthy enough to be a royal and the flower reminded Shimiko of Natsuru's purple hair. Shimiko hope she liked the suggestion but if not she wouldn't take it personally.

The delicious food and the pleasant conversation had caused her to momentarily forget Simon's presence until he drew attention to himself. The young man excused himself, got up, and wandered off. Shimiko looked at the empty seat and then to Simon as he left. Ryuko called him Bolt Cheetah which caused Shimiko to involuntarily chuckle but she quickly stopped herself when she realized how ridiculous the name was. Shimiko shot Ryuko a look unsure of whether her goal was being sincere or poking fun at him. Depending on Ryuko's expression she'd respond with her own. If it was closer to the "Ohoho" look she had given Sora then she'd frown if it was a bit more sincere then she'd merely shake her head and smile noting that Simon probably wouldn't like being called that.

Shimiko felt compelled to run after him and apologize for her behavior as she had done with Natsuru but she held back. If she ran over and apologized now then perhaps he'd only think she was doing it to win his affection rather than any genuine concern for doing the right thing. Shimiko somehow got the feeling though this wasn't the case. He didn't seem phased by things and she doubted a petty game would make him so fed up. Shimiko just kind of sank in her seat and pushed her food around her plate not wanting to draw further attention to herself, or more specifically herself in relation to the other blonde who had just left.

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:54 am

Natsuru was surprised by the positive feedback given by her squadmates. It was certainly a name that was less-planned than those she was going to give them personally. She relished in the short-term achievement before going about naming each of them individually. Shimiko was grateful of hers, Ryuko adding on how she was sweet and was able to produce rather sharp knives. It reminded Natsuru that Shimiko was indeed a weapon craftsman. She was unaware how talented she was with weapon crafting. If anything, she would be as competent as they were with their own crafts given their progress. Still, Ryuko was wrong. Natsuru looked at the characteristics personified by people, rather than their primal traits. Though, Ryuko would not be far off if that were the case solidifying the name even deeper than she had initially thought of.

Ryuko was equally receptive of her name. When it came to her own name, Ryuko and Shimiko had input. She listened to their inputs, Ryuko seemingly on the same page as she was when it came to the nickname. Shimiko had constructive criticism, mainly disliking the blood part. "Hmm. An Aster seems rather soft. A raven is not the most threatening creature on its own, compared to a panther or badger. I felt it needed some 'meat' to back it up." Natsuru said, stating her concern and gently rejecting Shimiko's input on her name. She had a personal attraction towards the name and was not going to be easily persuaded. Given their chit-chat it would seem as Simon voluntarily excused himself from dinner.

Natsuru was a bit worried the moment he had. Simon gave no reason for his departure. As a guest he was expected to give some gesture in where and what he planned to do. After all, it was not his house. To suddenly up and disappear would be mildly suspect in the least. Natsuru watched Simon is mild confusion as he drifted away. She knew better than to speak out. To hold him up and ask where he was going was just rude. She let the man leave the immediate dining area before picking up a dumpling and dunking it in soy sauce before occupying her pie-hole. Shimiko was also disturbed by Simon's sudden departure. It made Natsuru feel confident she was not the only one concerned.

"Do you think anything's wrong with him?" She said in a quieter tone to keep their conversation somewhat private after Simon left the room in case he decided to eavesdrop for whatever reason. Natsuru somewhat assumed he was a bit uncomfortable. After their dramatic incident the group recovered rapidly. Natsuru did not personally find it off. It was just another unique group dynamic the girls shared: one moment literally being at each other's throats and next sitting down and enjoying a dinner. She could not argue how one would feel uncomfortable around them. Sora made that rather apparent. Still, she felt it was just to address whatever concern he had instead of playing it off as 'cool.'

Sakata
    Sakata

Character File

Post by Sakata Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:37 am

Simon maintains a steady stride as he makes his way out of the dinner area. The male slips past the lobby and beyond, mostly just pacing about up until he finds the guest bathroom. His yellow gaze promptly shifts about his surroundings, assuring that he's alone. Then he heads on into the bathroom itself. His palm elevates itself to his neck, rubbing onto it as he reminisces. His focus is less on dinner, but more-so on what had occurred prior to that.

'Phew. Now then... less worrying about the dare or whatever's going on, and more about the bigger issue.'

He'd never really taken Shimiko for the type with such an immense temper. Or the type to overreact like that--both to what he did and Natsuru did. Part of him is guilty about what occurred, but on another hand, it didn't really ascend past the point of what was thought to be no return up until Natsuru's involvement. In any case, things seemed to resolve themselves one way or another, but he couldn't ignore the elephant in that room. His hand shifts from the nape of his neck to his bangs, as he twists a bundle of bangs between his index finger and his middle finger. He comes to a stop in front of the mirror, peering at himself in silence as he toys with his bangs. "Seriously.. if she blows her fuse that easily I don't know what I could rely on her for. Or Natsuru for seemingly instigating it. It's understandable, I guess--after all they don't exactly have a real sensei, not since Akashi."

He lowers his hand and turns on his heel, leaning up against the counter and resting his hands upon the edge of it. The blonde peers up at the ceiling contemplatively, frowning at his recollection. From an outside perspective, it could be interpreted as a temper tantrum--one that's bound to happen again. Regardless of the amendments that were already made, the best thing to do would be to assure they'd stay on good terms with one another. Following that line of thought, Simon contemplates some more things. ".. Maybe I could have some people help like I was thinking before. Again, though, I'd have to run it by Nariko. Sort it out with her so that she knows what's going on. Then there's always getting the info posted up and what not. I have been keeping my tabs on a group--it'd just be a matter of getting some people to blend in with them. A win/win situation." He murmurs, still weighing it. He didn't have much time on his hands at the moment to arrange it, considering he's literally at a dinner party, but maybe later on...

"... I'd probably have to participate directly, to keep things going according to the plan. And to ensure no casualties happen--no telling what those three would do in that case. How though..?" A light bulb eventually goes off, and he whirls back around in brief thought. The male peers at the entirety of his person, contemplating it for a moment. Then he nods to himself, smirking.

"I suppose a jester or a joker can double as a trickster."

Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Ryuko Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 pm

“Hum… you’re not wrong. At least in the sense that a Raven isn’t considered to be a fierce predator  However given their numerous appearances in mythology invoking them has quite some symbolic meaning without having to included added bite.  In my homeland for example they are considered to be souls of the damned which is plenty scary enough if you ask me” Ryuko explained trying to be helpful.  

A Honey badger and Black panther where a type of animal that just happened to have two words to describe them colloquially.  The fact Raven was only one word in no way made it any inferior and she wasn’t sure why they where worried so much about what suffix to attach to it. Not that she had any room to talk given the code name she’d tried to attach to Simon.

Speaking of which she caught the look Shimiko had shot at her and returned it with a confused stair not understanding what had rankled her friend so much.  Maybe she’d wanted to give Simon a code name herself and was upset Ryuko had beaten her to the punch.

“What? He’s fast and shots lots of lightning. Tis seems a fitting title no?” she asked. She’d been trying to keep it animal themed to match their code names and thought she’d done pretty well all things considered.

As Natsuru asked if they thought anything was wrong with Simon Ryuko frowned slightly not sure what to say. He looked healthy enough but she had a hunch it was a more a mental problem rather then a physical one.   She had a pretty good guess about why that might be but was hesitant give voice to her theory for several reasons.  

For one she didn’t want to rock the boat as it where, especially considering how close it had just come to capsizing.   That and if she was wrong it would make her look really out of touch.  When it came to those types of relationships between people she didn’t exactly have a lot of real world experience after all.

“He’s probably just a bit uncomfortable being the only men in a room full of girls.” she said her voice full of sympathy. Hakkin only knew how she’d feel if the shoe was on her foot and she was alone in a roomful of men.    She doubt she’d take it half as well as Simon had.

Stats
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Natsuru explained why she had chosen the "Blood" part of her name. Shimiko wasn't really good at branding and marketing so she accepted Natsuru's explanation without question. "Ah, that makes sense. I think it does fit you after all" She thought it could be a bit confusing that the sole blood manipulator of the group didn't have the designation but it didn't bother her all that much and she decided to put her trust in the Senou's judgment. When Simon got up Natsuru and Ryuko vocalized their confusion. Ryuko seemed genuine in her attempt to call him "Bolt Cheetah" although the name was far too flamboyant and on the nose for someone as lowkey as Simon. Shimiko did not correct her friend however. If Simon didn't like the name he'd probably say so. Wherever he was she hoped he wasn't mad at him. Ryuko offered that he was probably just uncomfortable being around a group of girls. It was a plausible explanation and one that made sense given Sora's early departure. It didn't make her feel any better though. Sora had left before her spat with Natsuru. Perhaps Simon had decided that after the drama of their fight he didn't want to stick around them. Even worse she felt guilty because it had all kicked off because of her little game. Sure Natsuru had provoked her but all the same it was her fault for daring Simon to choose between the three of them. The event probably left a bad taste in his mouth.

Shimiko didn't say anything. She was too ashamed and so she ate in silence. After a while she found herself getting full so she started to push the food around her plate not wanting to address the proverbial elephant in the room.

"..."

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 am

There was small talk, something Natsuru despised among them. It seemed both of the girls were beating around the bush. Well, Shimiko was at least. Natsuru could generally assume Simon was feeling uncomfortable chiefly due to the skirmish earlier. Given all the situations he found himself in with the group, Natsuru easily disregarded Ryuko's assumption. "Not likely. Simon has been with us in the hospital, and on a private outing with Shimiko before. He's too mellow to be skiddish around girls. I feel like Shimiko should have a talk with him." Natsuru said, volunteering the pigtail'd lemonhead to pursue Simon in his time of need. She figured, if anything, Shimiko had the most contact with him and would be more attuned to his behavior and social cues.

Certainly Ryuko did not seem like to type to really socialize with anybody else besides the two girls she knew very well. Although she was the hostess, it seemed wrongful for her to speak about Simon's concerns. This left Shimiko to be the speaker. "He could either be wandering the halls. If he had half a brain, he could find the guest washroom and be in there. Regardless, if you head outside the dining area and make a left you should encounter it." Natsuru said this, following her piehole up with a heaping serving of chow mein.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 am