Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Three Minutes to Midnight

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Village : Minor Nation

Three Minutes to Midnight Empty Three Minutes to Midnight

Post by Ren Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:25 pm

Ren stepped into the training facility with a smile on his face, he still wasn't back to one hundred percent, but he was feeling better than he did the day before on the mission. It was possible that it would just take a few days for him to be back to normal which would be fine in his mind, but he wasn't going to sit around waiting for it to happen, he was going to continue to train not only himself but his student as well. Ren had evaluated the man and what he could do, trained him in the use of Katon techniques that helped him in their mission. During the mission though he saw that the other man had the potential for much more, and today he was going to push Maverick to his limits once more and see what the other man could really do. He wasn't going to go all out on the man, but he was going to test the man further than he had before. Focusing his Chakra, Ren would split himself in half, with a wink to himself one of the Ren's would disappear from sight as well as any sort of chakra sensory including the Sharingan. Though this was the first time Ren would be putting the technique he had picked up in actual practice, the now invisible Ren would move to a far corner of the training area before sitting down and beginning to meditate. As useful as the Senjutsu chakra was, he had been using a lot of it training over the recent days, one of him meditating while the other trained with Maverick should do the trick.

The Ren that was still visible, would set himself up in the middle of the training area and wait for Maverick to arrive. There was no rush in Ren's mind, as the meditation and gathering of the senjutsu chakra takes time, so they could spend as much time as they needed to training.

Used Fission Technique

Ren A (145/145)

Ren B (125/145)
    ~Hiding with Camouflage Technique (-20)

Class: X
    Renown: 25,500
    Skills: Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Bukijutsu | Kuchiyose | Sensory
    Elements: Katon | Raiton | Suiton | Doton | Fuuton
    Techniques: Here
    Stats: (19/23)
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: A
    Speed: B -> B+ (Lifestyle)
    Coordination: B
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B (A w/Sharingan)

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: 2nd Tomoe Sharingan, Fire, Wind and Lightning Elements
    Class: C
    Ryo: 1,500

Three Minutes to Midnight Empty Re: Three Minutes to Midnight

Post by Maverick Uchiha Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:41 pm

Maverick walked slowly through the halls of the training facility. They had only just returned from their mission dealing with the bandits when Ren had summoned him. He stopped and looked at his hands, was it the spark? While away fighting the lessers of the world he had tried to use a katon jutsu almost tapped out. In his desperation he opened some sort of well he never knew he had. However the more important detail was the sparks and small bursts of electricity that formed before the fireball did. What if he had unknowingly used some forbidden jutsu and Ren was here to scold him, maybe worse drop him as his student. However he figured he knew the other reason, he had struck down the bandit leader in an act of rage before he could spill his secrets.

As he pushed the door open he saw the younger man already there. He stood waiting in the center of the room almost a mirror of when they first met. Maverick entered slowly closing the door behind him. He was not wearing his usual blue Uchiha jacket. He stood there looking at the other man before gathering the courage to step forward. "Sir if I have done something wrong i apologize. I know things got a little out of hand with the bandits. I should have followed your orders and stood down." He stopped talking shaking his head thinking of what to say next. He had no words, no apologies he felt would be good enough.

Renown: 0
    Stats:
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (++ from Jade Pendant)(+ from Lifestyle)
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C (C++ With Sharingan Active)

Attunement Slots:
    1: Jade Pendant (++ to Stamina)
    2:
    3:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6742-maverick-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6729-maverick-uchiha
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6743-maverick-s-techniques#54161
    Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:40 pm

Ren would let out a small chuckle at Maverick's apology, it was funny to him that the male thought he was in trouble when in fact it was the opposite. "You have no need to apologize, Maverick. Fact of the matter is you handled yourself as you should, you eliminated the bandit problem as was the mission objective. The question you need to ask yourself is what have you learned from our mission together?" Ren would let his question linger in the air for a moment before continuing, not expecting an answer just for the other man to think about the question. "You are an exceptional and powerful Shinobi, while yes in the heat of the moment you let your emotions control your actions, it was to be expected. It is more important that you learn from your own experiences in life, but you should not feel shame from it, as long as you do what you know in your heart is the right thing." Ren knew that what he just said might be confusing considering he was talking about not letting emotions control his actions while at the same time saying he needed to follow his heart, but he knew of no other way to explain it. "A true Shinobi uses their brain yes, but if they don't stay true to themselves and protect those they care for in their heart then they are not Shinobi, they are a scourge on this land. Bandits are the same scourge, they don't deserve mercy."

"The reason I called you here is to continue your training, I saw the sparks, I believe you hold the potential to use Raiton chakra. So, today we are going to test to see if it is the case. Whether or not it is, there are some other techniques that I wish to show you that will help you in future missions. First let's see if I'm right, and then we can go from there. I am going to show you a very basic and easy Raiton technique that doesn't require a lot of chakra to use, if you can pull it off, then we will start training with Raiton techniques." With those words Ren would form the Dragon hand seal as he gathered a small amount of Raiton chakra before lifting his hand to the sky and sending out a flash of Raiton that caused a signal flare, Ren would then motion for Maverick to try the technique, interested to see if his assumption was right about the other man.

Teaching:

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:15 pm

The weight on Maverick's shoulders lifted hearing the comforting words of his Sensei. He knew deep down that what had happened was out of his control. The kind words from Ren meant more to him than the younger man would ever know. His anticipation quickly transformed to excitement at the possibilities of a new chakra nature. His eyes glued to the hands of Ren as he formed the Dragon seal before pointing to the ceiling releasing a small "flare".

"I assume this technique is more for evac than offense but could it be aimed at an opponent to hinder their sight?" Maverick pondered the question aloud.

He had never TRIED to use lightning jutsu before and hoped he would not let Ren down. His fingers formed the dragon seal as Ren had trying to form the electricity to the tip of his fingers. He could feel the heat from hit Katon chakra build burning his soul. As the heat rose the sparks ignited through his body. His fingers pointed up quickly aiming for the rafters before releasing the small ball of lightning.

Technique Learned:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6742-maverick-s-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6729-maverick-uchiha
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t6743-maverick-s-techniques#54161
    Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 pm

Ren would smile as he witnessed Maverick perform the technique, it meant that his hunch about what he had seen before was right, Maverick had within him the ability to manipulate Raiton Chakra. This of course also meant that they were going to have a long day ahead of them, as Ren wished to help Maverick nurture this to its full potential. "You are right in your assumption; it is merely a means of alerting allies to your position. Though it might provide some use in combat, against a real opponent it would be nothing, not even a hindrance. The main point of you attempting that technique wasn't so much for importance of combat, but to determine if you could indeed use Raiton as I suspected, I doubt you will ever even use the technique again. However, we still have much to cover so let us hope you are able to pick up Raiton Techniques as quickly as you did the Katon Techniques. We will continue on with the minor techniques, this one should seem familiar." Ren would state before forming the Serpent seal and creating a clone our of pure raiton, "this is similar to the ember clone I showed you before, with the exception of course of it being made of Raiton rather than Katon. Focus the same way, just manipulate the chakra into Raiton as you make the clone, like the ember clone they can be a little volatile when dispersed so use caution." Ren just hoped that Maverick was a quick study considering the sheer number of techniques that there were to learn today, a small smile forming on his face as he remembered his own training of the techniques not that long ago.

Teaching:

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:46 pm

Maverick nodded understanding now that this was also a test and he had passed with flying colors. Well at least flying enough to proceed with this training with Ren. The idea of being able to use another element in battle would open more possibilities for him. He listened to Ren explain the new clone jutsu giving him a demonstration forming the serpent seal as lightning materialized before him becoming a copy of Ren. For a moment Maverick wondered if the lightning clone could use katon jutsu before dashing the outlandish idea from his mind.

"Sensei I know that this training is for raiton techniques but if I had a raiton, fuuton and katon clone out together..." Maverick pondered his next sentence knowing the answer to a degree.

"If my fuuton clone used a wind jutsu and my katon clone used a fire jutsu would their combined effects power each other up?" He knew already that no matter what certain elements could strengthen each other.

He almost felt silly asking such a simple question but he did not know if maybe there would be limitations. Maverick cleared his mind again returning to focus of practicing the clone technique. He already knew the shape and how to form the clone, he just needed to be able to draw on the new element easier than last time. He did not have the time to imagine sparks from the ignition of flame. In battle that brief pause could get him killed. He formed the serpent seal molding his chakra funneling his lightning.

Next to him the sparks began to appear, at first they seemed random until the sparks formed small bolts of lightning. The electricity began to form in to the shape of a human forming arms and legs with the head last. It had been a slow process but he knew with practice he would be able to form it as fast as his ember clone. With a small flash the clone finished its form becoming a perfect copy of Maverick.

Jutsu Learned:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:40 pm

Ren would chuckle at Maverick's question, "I believe you already know the answer to that. Futon is a natural ally of Katon, your clones using a combination of the elements would work just as it would if you and I were to use the techniques in conjunction. Anytime you use fire, it can be enhanced by wind. However wind is the weakness of Raiton so the two don't mix, but just like fire is enhanced by wind, Raiton can be enhanced with water. It says a lot about the two elements that the one element that makes one of them weak makes the other stronger, keep that in mind for the future. Though I know you don't have suiton, one day you may have a partner that does, like myself. It's important to understand." Ren would then begin to channel Raiton into his hands, "this next technique can be helpful in many situations. It's called sudden flash and is designed to blind the opponent which can be used to allow your retreat or for an unseen attack. The only downside is, is that the technique doesn't care if you are friend or foe and will blind all in the vicinity of you, so be mindful when you use it, ensure that your allies can cover their eyes without alerting your opponent to the attack. Due to it's power, I will show you the hand seals, but I want you to close your eyes before I use it so you do not blind yourself." Ren would then show the hand seals followed by lifting his hands to his face, "Now!" Ren would shout out hoping Maverick closed his eyes as he activated the technique creating a blinding flash of light.

Teaching:

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:52 pm

Maverick nodded as Ren explained the combinations and their counterparts to him. He had briefly learned this kind of stuff in the academy but could not remember everything one hundred percent. He wondered what kind of combos he could do with Ren in the heat of battle. He reshifted his focus as lightning chakra began to form in Ren's hands. This next technique he was told would be a difficult one to learn if he had to close his eyes right at the end. Still Maverick watched closely as Ren wove slow handseals before reaching up to his face. He shouted now making Mav close his eyes tightly, he could still see the darkness of his eyelids brighten as the jutsu worked to perfection.

"I could see it even though my eyes were closed Sensei" He blinked a few times letting the spots he was seeing fade away.

As his vision returned to normal he stepped in front of Ren making sure to not face his direction. He took in a deep breath releasing it to find hold of the new nature affinity he had discovered. It was still a difficult task feeling out the lightning which he was not used to. Three seals was what Ren had used, Rat, Dog and Serpent before raising his hands to either side of his face. He practiced a few times before giving it one good try. His hands flashed the three seals as his hands rose.

"SUDDEN FLASH!" He could not help but yell the jutsu as the blinding light filled the room.

Jutsu Learned:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:34 pm

Though Ren would close his own eyes when Maverick performed the jutsu, he would nod his approval as his student performed the technique perfectly. "Very good," Ren would start with a smile. "These next techniques are some of my own creation, but if you pay attention you can see that I actually based them off of Katon techs that I have shown you before so it should go pretty easy for you. We will start with this one first." Ren finished speaking and formed the hand seals for the next technique that he was showing his student, creating a large dragon's head out of lightning that would surge around the area before disappearing. "This is Lightning Dragon Missile and is likely the easiest of them to replicate, but they will only get tougher after this one."

Teaching:

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:23 pm

Maverick got excited at the prospect of learning more of Ren's personal jutsu. He listened to his sensei before watching him make some very familiar hand seals. Was he showing him the Fire Dragon? No the seals were different he noticed before Ren finished forming the head of a dragon made from raiton electricity. He was amazed watching it move around for a moment before crashing into the ground a distance away from them.

"It only take a small change and an affinity for something more to take one thing and mold it into another..." His voice was low almost to himself as he began to think of a few new ideas.

He noticed he had spoken out loud his face turning pale with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry Sensei I had just noticed the similarities between a few of the hand seals and the dragon itself." He stopped talking taking focus of himself to prepare.

Similar but different was the key to learning this jutsu as easy as Ren expected he might. He focused on the spark again picturing the flaming dragon head in his mind. He molded that spark in his mind to to that of the dragon watching it transform from fire to lightning. His hands moved with a sense of knowing changing what was needed before as he unleashed his spark.

The dragon sprang from his hands with a louder crackle of power than he had expected. Maverick stood there in awe watching the head move around like a beautiful firework display ending in an bang of energy.

"Raiton is really beautiful isn't it." He said it more to himself than to Ren as he turned back to face his Sensei.

Jutsu Learned:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:38 pm

"Yes, it really is." Ren would reply softly as he readied himself for the next technique that he would be showing his student, "this next one might remind you of the bunker busters that we used on our last mission. This though, I designed less for destruction and more for leaving the victims alive when they are needed for questioning, but in essence it works the same and is more effective within a closed area like the fired pottery technique." Ren would explain as he began to weave the five hand seals for the technique before launching a small marble sized ball of lightning off into the distance. The marble would fly off to its maximum distance of eighty meters before exploding in an electrical discharge that would span over twenty-five-meter radius. "In addition to causing some damage to those within the area, it also paralyzes them so that as long as it doesn't kill them, they can be easily detained. However, I will warn that even if you believe the target to be down or paralyzed, you still need to use caution as there might be some out there that can resist the paralysis." Ren would finish explaining, before moving to allow Maverick to give the next technique a shot.

Teaching:

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:06 am

Maverick was in awe watching the electrical version of the bunker buster. He could only imagine how much pain one near the center of the blast would feel. He was glad he would be the one using the jutsu and not on the receiving end. He stood there a little nervous to mess this up seeing and now knowing from what Ren had said the power of this technique. He took a deep breath to steady his nerves. Using this new element within him had brought a sense about him he could not quite place. He was still young when he learned about the raging fire and surging winds within him. He had time to practice, calm and dominate those elements to his will.

The lightning was unstable, erratic and swift, it was like if the power of his flames met the unpredictability of the wind. It was deadly at even its most basic of cores. His doubts needed to be quelled, he needed focus and tame this new element inside him. His hands flashed the five seals he saw Ren preform feeling the raw power build deep within him. The lighting formed in his hands before shooting forward, as it left his fingertips he felt the power dissipate within him. The ball of electricity surged forth hitting its maximum range before exploding as Ren's had.

"I still don't know if ill get used to the... Power i feel when using Raiton Sensei." He sounded concerned but in reality Maverick was looking forward to seeing if he could harness this power.

Jutsu Learned:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:58 pm

"It will take you some time, but eventually you will get used to it. I promise you that. You just need to practice with it more to get a handle on the erratic nature of the lightning is all." Ren would reply to Maverick with a soft smile, it wasn't that long ago that he was in the same boat wondering if he would ever get a handle on it himself, but as he just told Maverick with practice he now controls it as easily as he does his fire. "Alright now, this next one is another that I created based off of a Katon technique. I am not going to tell you which one, but once you see it, I have no doubt that you will know which one I am speaking of." Ren continued as he inhaled a breath and began forming the seven hand seals associated with the technique he was performing, as he finished the last hand seal a large Chinese Dragon made of pure electricity would spring forth and soar in the air above the pair of them as Ren controlled its movements with his eyes. As the dragon moved through the air, Ren would begin speaking once more. "This is called Lightning Soaring Thunder Dragon and as long as you keep control of it, it can be very helpful in the field. Like with most Raiton techniques, in addition to causing damage to your opponent it is also capable of paralyzing them as well."

Teaching:

Attunement Slots:
    Uchiha Gunbai
    Mask of the Ancients
    Maverick Uchiha
    Maverick Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Maverick Uchiha Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Maverick nodded as Ren explained his situation with learning Raiton techniques. It meant a lot to him knowing his Sensei had come across the same difficulty as himself. The previous jutsu had left his hands feeling a little numb and wondered how many more he would be able to do today. It did not matter he was ready for the next jutsu Ren would teach him. He was told this jutsu was again similar to a Katon jutsu he had learned before. Which jutsu that was Ren had tasked him to guess. He watched his Sensei weave the needed hand seals before a great dragon made of lightning emerge from his hands.

He watched it fly around for a bit as Ren explained how it could be controlled. When he finished speaking the dragon slammed into the ground causing a massive burst of electricity. Now it was his turn, he might not have the copy eye but he had become adept in mimicing Ren's hand seals. He needed seven, a lot to remember and which order could be hard. However he knew the katon jutsu used as the base for this one and wove the needed symbols. The dragon burst forth flying through the air around the pair of them.

His hands shook the numbness taking over before the dragon dispersed. He did not quite fail but did not full succeed either. He hung his head knowing Ren would offer words of encouragement but did not know if he could bear them at the moment.

"Sir I think I am done for the day, my hands are getting to numb..." His voice was defeated, he was ready to keep going no matter what but could not.

"I'll need to practice more another time sir."

Jutsu Learned:

Stats:

Attunement Slots:
    2:
    3:

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Ren Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:28 pm

Ren would nod at Maverick's comment of calling it for the day, he knew all too well how numbing Raiton could be. He had wanted to teach Maverick more, but he knew better than to push the other man too hard. Unfortunately, with his mission drawing closer, it was unlikely that Ren would be able to continue training Maverick, at least for the foreseeable future. The last thing Ren wanted was for his student to suffer due to his absence, luckily though he had come to this session prepared. Ren's other half would walk up behind him, remerging with him so that they could become whole once more. His Fission-self had been meditating the entire time he had been training with Maverick and he could feel the Senjutsu Chakra now energizing him, with that done Ren would reach behind him and pull out a small scroll as he looked at Maverick. "Here is a scroll that holds, every technique that I have created that you will one day be able to learn. I want you to take this and study while I am away, this mission that I am to embark on I have no idea when I will return from, but that does not mean that you can grow lazy in my absence. I expect you to learn everything you can from that scroll, as well as keep it out of the hands of others, even members of this village. My techniques are a privilege that I am bestowing upon you and you alone, you must guard the scroll with your life." Ren's tone was not aggressive or threatening, but it did hold a note of seriousness within them. In Ren's eyes, he was entrusting Maverick with a huge responsibility, and he fully trusted that Maverick was up to the task. "There might be a few in there that are still too advanced for you right now, but don't be discouraged you will pick them up eventually, and if you haven't by the time I get back then I will train you in them. I do however expect you to have already learned a majority of them by the time I return, I don't care if I am gone three days or three months." Ren added with a smile as he handed the scroll over to the other man, with a small wink to Maverick, Ren's right eye would turn into the Mangekyou Sharingan before he would disappear into the Kamui dimension leaving Maverick in the training Facility.

{Exit Thread}

Giving Maverick Access to learn any Custom Tech that Ren has that he is capable of learning, this does not include exclusives/restricteds/or variants.