Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+6
Natsuki Uchiha
Innocence Uchiha
Hibiki
Nakaba
King of Games
Airi Ohara
10 posters

Genin Meeting

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Genin Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: Genin Meeting

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm

As Innocence went and glared back at Hibiki, her eyes were practically boring holes in the older girls face. But even exposure to this potentially lethal stare elicited no reaction from Hibiki. She stood there blithely, unaffected.  Some that knew the lab coat-wearing girl was an Uchiha might attempt to avoid such a withering gaze at all costs. But it failed to work on Hibiki. In fact, it seemed doubtful that she even realized that Innocence was glaring at her. Not when her limited brainpower was occupied trying to follow along with what Airi was saying 

Short and sweet indeed.  From what Hibiki could gather they were to use the green bill in the bag to equip themselves for the exam.  Was this that money stuff again?  Frankly she wasn’t sure if 200,000 was a lot or only a little.  She’d had no idea what to even use the ryo she had accumulated already, at least not until now. Apparently if she exchanged some with this Kiyoshi fellow at this cosmic something or other place he would give her stuff she could use for fighting.

Should she really rely on some stranger to make her everything she needed?  Perhaps it would be best to use some of her own funds she had been given.  If she recalled correctly, her friend Nakaba made some pretty cool gear himself.  He was like a wizard, somehow splitting between two bodies at the same time.  Would he accept an exchange of these bills for goods?  She’d never know if she didn’t give it a try.

“Hold up Nakaba…” She called out in an attempt to prevent him from leaving now that Airi was done speaking.  Partly because she had a question to ask Airi that she figured he might need to hear the answer to, and partly because she wanted to try requesting some equipment from him.

“Don’t ninjas typically work in…”  She paused for a second, unable to come up with the proper terminology.  “...Packs.”  she said for lack of a better word.   Even when she had been a test subject and a child soldier she could barely recall a time she had been on the field on her own, except of course the couple of times when she’d been the only survivor on her side. 

“We are all from the same village. The same team. Shouldn’t we be working together as much as possible?”  She guilelessly asked everyone in the room.   If this was a meeting shouldn’t they be using it to discuss how to pass the exam together? 

“Let’s start by introducing ourselves.  I’m Hibiki Mercury, age 16.  I just had my height measured and it was 170.18 cm.  My weight is…. I’ll tell you when we’re better friends.  My Hobby is saving people and my favourite things are food and more food.”  She explained some personal details about herself passionately like the airhead she was when she probably should have been talking about more tactical information like her fighting style.

[3]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 am

Natsuki was still panicking as the Hokage continued, taking out literal bags of money and handing them out to each of them; her words did not assuage him of these fears.

"If anyone were to kill any of the others in this room, you WILL avenge them."

We're being sent to the meat grinder... Natsuki was too preoccupied with the horror he'll soon have to contend with that the option of trying to back out didn't even occur to him. It was a forgone conclusion, his attendance, and now he had to make sure he didn't die. It was then Tori's name that cut through to him. He breathed a heavy sigh of relief as he took his bag from Airi- if anyone could help him survive, it was the Senju.

Without a word and with a polite nod, Natsuki would walk out of the office. He'd hang in the hall for a moment until Sera walked out; he didn't get the chance to say hi and he could really stand to hear her cheerful voice right now.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Innocence Uchiha Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 pm

When Natsuki's eyes went wide and he pointed to himself, thinking that she was exasperated at him, Innocence shook her head once and then jerked it in the direction of Hibiki as subtly as she could. No, not you Her! Innocence didn't bother maintaining the glare at Hibiki not a second longer that she had to. The minute Hibiki disengaged and went back to focusing on Airi, Innocence would do the same. But there was something off about this girl.

Innocence didn't really notice Kaori looking at her. At this point, she was more focused on what Airi had to say. Innocence would accept the hefty bag of Ryo that the Kage had gifted her. She then nodded and mumbled an awkward "Thankth" in response to the monetary vote of confidence. The 200,000 Ryo sum was significant and it would go a long way towards Innocence's preparation. As a medical shinobi, there was a lot of stuff she'd need to buy to ensure she was fully ready and she wasn't looking forward to needing to do a million and one missions to self-fund. Once Airi had finished plugging Kiyoshi's store, she went on to discuss more delicate matters.

There was to be no killing during the Exams.

No surprise there...that's been policy since forever.

The words that came out of her mouth next made Innocence's heart skip a few beats.

Well that's new.

If a foreign ninja did kill a Konoha shinobi, then they were instructed to avenge their fallen comrade. This was a new policy. If it wasn't, then it must have been a well-regarded secret. As far as Innocence could surmise, retaliatory killings were probably frowned upon by the Kage. If accidents happened, the last thing most shinobi wanted was for it to be taken as grounds for punitive action. Nevertheless, Innocence found herself smirking and nodding in agreement. Airi's mentality was more suited to her own philosophy than that of the turn-the-other-cheek sort. She didn't give a rat piss about anyone in the room except the confused kin who called himself Natsuki. But they were still her countrymen and an attack on them was an attack on her. Even Hibiki, as annoying as she was, fell under the same framework. Airi closed by stating that so long as they performed honorably and adequately they'd be promoted. The winner would be given an additional promotion and a reward in the form of the village's Exclusive Techniques.

Innocence hoped to win but neither the promotion nor the exclusive techniques were her motivation. She wanted the glory. She wanted the victory. She wanted to rub it in the faces of all her former classmates that mocked her lisp and thought her a talentless nepo-baby. She wanted it all.

Innocence's fantasies of dominance were interrupted by Hibiki. The green eyed genin watched as her fellow shinobi tried to articulate herself. It was at that moment that Innocence realized something about her. The way she spoke, the vacant look in her eyes, even the way she seemed to have trouble expressing her thoughts. The way she introduced herself was oddly familiar. That and the simplistic and repetitive language she used. Innocence had spent a significant amount of time in the Konoha hospital which meant she had plenty of interactions with those who had low IQ or other special needs. She could tell that idyllic and simplistic form of speech and expression from anywhere. This coupled with Innocence's bias against her led to only one medical conclusion.

"Holy thhit thhe'th actually retarded" Innocence mumbled to herself.

Innocence suddenly realized that this idiot would really be sitting for the Exams and the thought instantly caused her to seize and shudder with stifled laughter. Innocence immediately covered her mouth to muffle the sound and did her very best to control her amusement. She removed her hand from her mouth but there was an obvious mocking smile etched on her face. It was too rich. Konoha would be having a certified moron representing itself on the world stage. Innocence could only assume Hibiki was a halfway decent fighter as why else would they let her graduate? Even still, she'd get a kick out of hearing this one talk. For once, she didn't have to worry about the way she sounded in front of others. This one's words were bound to be more absurd than her own. Even as Natsuki left, Innocence wanted to grab his arm and make him stay.

This is going to be a riot! She thought. She didn't make a move but she did glance around to see if anyone else was similarly amused. That was when she noticed Kaori staring at her. The other girl hadn't really made an impression on Innocence and so she could only assume that her stifled laughter had picked up the attention of the room. If the jig was up, then she might as well make use of the spotlight. Innocence cleared her throat and decided to play Hibiki's little game. She stepped forward and spoke:

"Innothenthe Uthiha. Youngetht daughter to the Nandaime Hokage Nyguyen Uthiha." She proclaimed boldly. Normally, people might hide their background or try to conceal their prestigious lineage but Innocence had no desire to do that. Most people figured out who she was eventually anyways and if she tried to hide it, it would only come off as a display of weakness. As if she was somehow ashamed of her father and his legacy. Never.

"I'm a Rethident doctor-in-training at Konohagakure Hothpital. Thith ithn't a databook tho no need to give my height, weight, hobbieth or favorite thingth. Only an idiot would think that anyone careth about that thtuff." Innocence said passively insulting Hibiki again. Innocence would face the kunoichi squarely. What she would say next might very well irritate her older sister, the Hokage, but Innocence felt it needed to be said. This girl was liable to do something insanely stupid that would get her killed. Which in turn, would necessitate retaliation and potentially war.

"Lithten Hibiki thith ithn't the comic bookth you like to drool over. Thith ith a job. Thith ithn't an adventure. Thith ith real life. If you go around with that kind of naivety you're going to get yourthelf killed or worthe your comradeth. I've thee folkth like you in the hothpital and uthually they get weeded out of the thythtem fatht. I guethth they miththed you. Drop out while you thtill can before you die or embarrathth thith village"

The words were as devastating as they were incomprehensible. But Innocence spoke them with an arrogant smirk on her face. She wanted Hibiki to know she was out of her element. When the Exams rolled around and her trusting and childish outlook was put to the test, she can't say that she wasn't warned.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 pm

Nao would bow his head in thanks as he took the bag of Ryo from Airi, it was quite the investment she was making in the genin gathered. To give money from her own purse to ensure that they were properly prepared and had what they needed, he didn't have the first clue of what kind of tools he was going to need since he handled most situations with his fist, but he would heed her words and go check with this Kiyoshi person to see what he offered. As Airi continued she would mention three separate contests in the exams, at least one of which would be combat. It was the one contest that he knew he would do well in, though the other two would still be something he would have to keep in mind, especially if in order to get to the combat he had to pass the other two. Unfortunately, Airi would not speak further about the exams and what it might hold. She mentioned the potential of death, which wasn't a bother to him since that had been a possibility since he was born and more so since he had become a Shinobi. He was happy to hear that she did not want them to actively try to kill people, while he knew he was capable of it, Nao preferred not to have to kill anyone. Airi's mention of enacting revenge against someone that killed one of them did not go unnoticed, though the mention of Tōri being in charge of all of them did cause him to raise an eyebrow. Usually, a Jounin was only charged with three students, Tōri must have a higher standing than he originally thought. It did cause him to wonder why other Jounin weren't assigned, surely the village had more than one Jounin.

Airi's final statement of them all becoming Chuunin for participating would be a surprise to him, but the mention of the winner being made Special Jounin and learning one of the village's secret techniques would cause his eyes to widen. He now had another reason to win, originally he simply wanted to win to prove to the Hyūga Clan that he was worth keeping around, now he wanted to win to advance further in the village. That would improve his worth to the clan and the village, then the clan wouldn't have a choice but to accept him, or at least he hoped that is how it would happen. Based on what he could gleam off of the individuals standing around him, Nao believed that he had a strong chance of winning but there was still the matter of the contestants from other villages. Airi would dismiss them if they didn't have questions, Nakaba was the first to begin their leave followed by one of the ones that Nao didn't know, but Hibiki would call out to stop them and raise a question of teamwork before talking about them getting to know one another. He had originally planned to follow Nakaba out as well, but the question of his friend would give him pause and he would remain where he was. The next person that spoke however would cause him to stir from his position and move closer to Hibiki, his purple eyes glaring at the woman, if there was one thing he couldn't stand it was bullies.

"Thoundth like you parentth thhould have taught you mannerth," Nao would remark mocking the woman's lips. "Did the Hokage not just say we should show honor and displine? What is honorable about insulting a fellow Shinobi of the Leaf?" Nao would ask rhetorically before looking from the rude woman to Hibiki and then back to the woman, "my name is Nao Hyūga. My parent's names aren't important because you wouldn't know them and they have no holding on who I am. Obviously you feel that you are special because your father use to be the Hokage, I got news for you. Your not. Insult my friend again and maybe you will be the one the system weeds out." Nao stated with a venom in his tone that most that knew him would say is out of character for him. "Hibiki is right, we are from the same village and I would be honored to have a capable fighter like her on my team." Nao stated with a smile as he looked back to Hibiki, his smile vanishing when he looked back to Innocence. "As for you, I hope we meet in combat so I can show you just how not special you are and how little your father's name means when it comes to a fight."

Event Points: 2

Stamina: A
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A++
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B
    Kaori Murai
    Kaori Murai
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Kaori Murai Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:17 pm

Accepting the money, Kaori needed to plan what she wanted to get commissioned ahead of the exams. Maybe some shin guards and knuckle dusters. Anything to help her kick or punch better. She gave Airi a proper bow as she thanked her for the money, before walking out of her office, paying attention to the conversations happening.

Kaori's blood rushed to her ears when she heard the name Nyguyen Uchiha. Her eyes widened, her face turned red. Anger boiled up in her. Her hands balled up into fists and she started to shake in anger. Innocence Uchiha, her hated enemy. She didn't want Nao to be the one to fight her, she wanted to beat up Innocence to deal a strike against the damned Hokage that had delivered her village to war once again.

And the worst part was, she was proud of him!

"Wasn't Nyguyen regarded as one of the worst and most ineffective Hokage? He started a war that ultimately amounted to nothing and then got himself killed. And you're proud of being his daughter? I'd be ashamed to be related to him myself." she said, stepping up to Innocence and getting in her face. "And it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree from the looks of things. You'll be just as much of an embarrassment as he was."

'Throw the first punch, I dare you.' she thought. She sized up Innocence, coming to the conclusion that she'd be easy enough to beat up if she needed to. But she wouldn't throw the first punch, she didn't want to get in trouble just yet. Maybe Innocence would get disqualified.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 290,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B+
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7376-kaori-s-updates#58265
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7353-kaori-murai?nid=1#58247
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Sera
    Sera
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kyujutsu, Ninjutsu (Raiton), Katon, Kanchijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 75,625

Post by Sera Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:54 am

After being a tad late to the meeting, Sera had stood silently in the corner as their Hokage gave them more information about the chuunin exams. It was nice to know that they would be spending more time with Tori since he had already taught her so much, but it was even greater of a relief when Airi had mentioned the lack of killing.  Although Sera had spent most of her life hunting and her skills specialized in it, she still hadn’t taken a human life before. Doing so wasn’t high on her list of things to do. However, before she could get comfortable with that idea, Airi elaborated, explaining that village vengeance would be encouraged if killing did occur. Sera would frown at the idea, but not in congruence. She had just had this conversation with Natsuki and Tori recently. Sometimes in order to protect those close to you, personal values might need to be pushed aside.

Airi gave each of them a large amount of money which Sera would walk up and take with a small bow. “Thank you Lady Hokage, I’ll do my best to honor the village.” she spoke with a serious expression, but ended with a small smile.  After taking the money, she would follow the rest of the genin who had begun to introduce themselves and discuss. The one named Innocence seemed to be starting a fight, which Nao and Kaori were not backing down from. Not only was it a bad idea to fight, but in front of the Hokage no less? Sera would step forward and try to calm tempers.

“Alright everyone, let’s calm down. There were some hurtful things said that I’m sure were said in jest. But even a bad joke should be apologized for.” Sera would give a pointed look at Innocence. “If we want to continue the conversation elsewhere, that’s fine, but we should leave the Hokage and the administrator’s building be.”

Sera tried to keep a smile on her face to show that everything was under control, but it was very clearly not. Hopefully they could agree to at least continue their fight elsewhere.

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: Check Updates

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 pm

She simply stood and waited and things began to decay into shit. "Before you leave, I would like a word with you, Nakaba." she needed a few words from this man. Her attention was then pulled away by Hibiki and she turned to her with a pleasant smile. Airi nodded to her question. "Yes, but with the current lack of shinobi currently IN the village at the moment. You will all be assigned to a man named Tori Senju. All seven of you. If there are any team assignments, the ones effected will receive a message at their homes." she simply answered.

The revenge aspect wasn't a new village policy, it was Airi's personal policy. Mistake or not, removing one from our numbers was devastating, let alone shows weakness if correct reprisal wasn't shown. She would normally be against murder, but in a tournament setting, 'mistakes' could happen as a result of another 'mistake'. That, she wouldn't allow.

There didn't seem to be any more questions, but tensions rose within her office and she quickly cleared her throat, trying to garner the attention of the young Genin. Six chains appeared from her back with each chain focusing on the 6 remaining genin in her office -- all but Natsuki who was waiting out in the hall. While this was happening, her secretary walked into the room with a pot of tea and a single tea cup. There was a brief and awkward silence until her secretary dropped off the tea and walked out.

"I will not tolerate disparaging remarks against other shinobi under the Leaf banner," she said turning her eyes towards Innocence. She noticed every single disparaging remark she made prior but kept her mouth shut. "I will also not tolerate people poking fun at other's natural flaws," she then turned her attention to Nao. Airi had severe stuttering when she was a child after her exile coupled with her lack of socialization growing up, it made it difficult for her to talk to strangers or anyone besides her parents. "I will also not tolerate looking down upon one's family." she turned to look towards Kaori.

"All 8 of us, including Natsuki out there in the hallway, are under the same banner, which means we need to remain members of the same team. I forbid all 7 of you from engaging in any non-sparring combat until after the Chuunin exams. If you really want to hurt one another then do so if you are paired in the Chuunin Exams. Kirigakure and the other shinobi villages would laugh at us if they saw this display," she said as she walked between all of the shinobi that started to get hostile; walking between people to ensure space was made between all of them. At the same time, her chains continued to follow each of the shinobi like vipers ready to strike.

"You may all leave now. Everyone except Nakaba. Do so peacefully. I can see you.  
    OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
    == STOPPING NAKABA FROM LEAVING ==
    == TELLING EVERYONE ELSE TO LEAVE ==

Airi's EXP Gained thus far
    • This Post: 50
    • Total Gained: 200
    • Event Points: 5

Airi's EXP Unique Ability
    Experience from Me to You
    A player may provide an additional +5 EXP bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, the player loses 5 EXP, per post, when performing missions

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Village: Konohagakure
    Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga

CP: 290 | 130 Senjutsu CP
    Strength: D {C}
    Constitution: B {B+}
    Stamina: B {A+}
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A
    *Attuned: Weaknessless Soaring Shortswords
    *Attuned: Str +1 Tier due to Attunement with Silent Meteoric Kote
    *Con + from Lifestyle
    *+1(+) passive Stamina due to Uzumaki
    *Raiton Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Taijutsu Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Natsuki Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Natsuki Uchiha Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:19 pm

Natsuki, peeking his head around the corner as the voices began to raise, was more than a little shocked at the tension on display. He knew Innocence had a bit of a chip on her shoulder, but to insult Hibiki so openly, and in front of the Hokage no less, was nothing short of horrifying to the young Uchiha. It was at this point that his mantra of "don't stick your neck out" seemed like tremendously good advice.

Innocence was kin, someone who had done him a favor, and even one that Natsuki would call a friend, but there was no way he'd be intervening in whatever nonsense she just got herself into. True to form, actually, the Hokage seemed to have that very well handled. He watched and marveled and the chains that... came out of?.. her, but with more than a healthy dose of fear. He recognized those chains- they were the ones that were ensnared that thing. They were strong, no doubt, and despite what emotional protection the walls might have been, she still referred to him by name. He wanted nothing to do with any of this anymore.

"You may all leave now."
    With a gulp, he immediately pulled his head from the doorway and began making his way out; she didn't have to tell him twice.
    "Everyone except Na..."
    He stopped mid stride, freezing with one leg lifted.  
    "...kaba."
    And he kept walking.

Maybe he'd talk to Sera outside, but he was fucking outta there.

[Exit]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Engineering, Kugutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 90,000

Post by Nakaba Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:10 am

Barely making it ten feet down the hall before being called back, Nakaba would have the hulking monstrosity come to rest. He'd turn back in to hear Hibiki, nodding at Natsuki as he passed by. He enter back into the room, responding in kind as if it were the most natural thing, in the world he'd say "I think that'd be for the best." Patiently he'd listen to Hibiki give information about herself. He'd intend to follow after her, but a small tussle would break out among the other genin. Nakaba would just murmur under them. "Nakaba, Tōru. I prefer to go by Nakaba. I am 22 years old I have only been a Leaf-nin for a few months. I was an Iwa nin before that. I was a simple craftsman before that. My height is 180 cm, just a few above sweet Hibiki here. My height is something like 180 lbs, maybe a little higher. I have lots of hobbies that I enjoy winter cigarettes and designing civ engineering projects. I like the smell of sun baked cloth and the sweat that you make when you work hard."

As the Hokage called his name, he would seek eye contact and slowly get into an attention pose. He'd continue watching her. He could roughly gauge the other genin, but it was her reactions he was most interested in. How tepid. Though he didn't attend to her with words or eye contact, he'd place a gentle hand on Hibiki's shoulder. The Hokage would clear her throat seeing the trip that her face went on he would return to attention, not flinching as the chains approached. If she wanted to harm them, there was nothing he could have done about it anyways. If Hibiki left, he would tap the back ofher closest hand with his knuckle. He would simply whisper to her, "Are you okay?" while continuing to look forward.

He would wait until everyone filtered out. He saw no need to ask why the Kage had asked him to stay. He was ordered to so he would.

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 am

Hibiki was sure she had once heard someone say something along the lines of Cooperation requires knowledge.   She’d only been trying to help them get to know each other better so why was barely anyone playing along?  The only ones to follow along and introduce themselves were Innocence and Nakaba.  Well at least she thought Innocence was following along with an introduction.  It was hard to tell with all the alien gibberish the girl was speaking.  

Desperately, Hibiki's eyes shoot around the room, looking for someone who could interpret for her since she wasn’t gathering on her own, though the word Nyguyen stuck out in particular. Wasn’t that the guy Father loved to curse at all the time?   Anyone who made her tormentor seethe like that must be a pretty good person in her book. 

Oh gods, Nao was beginning to speak like Innocence too.  Thankfully he didn’t keep it up for long, otherwise the sheer steam pressure her brain was generating trying to glean what she could from their words might have been enough to make her head explode.   He was acting so dashing standing up for her. Apparently Innocence had been insulting her, though to Hibiki it had sounded more like the other girl was simply concerned about her from what little she had been able to parse. 

From there things seemed to escalate with Kaori blatantly picking a fight and Sara acting like a ray of sunshine attempting to calm everyone down before things really got out of hand.  Of course that was when Airi decided to put her foot down, whipping out several chains and even going as far as pointing one of them directly at Hibiki for some inexplicable reason.

Forgetting the tension in the room Hibiki glued her eyes on the chains staring at them with rapt fascination and wonderment, oblivious to the fact they were a threat.  The way they were moving to track her as she moved her hand to wave at them was almost like they were alive.   Could they actually be some kind of weird steel snake?  Considering that she could turn parts of her body into metal it seemed plausible. 

It seems they were dismissed which was a shame.  Hibiki was almost tempted to invite everyone to follow her to a cafe so they could continue this discussion elsewhere but decided that maybe it would be better to give everyone a chance to cool their heads first.

"Thank you for worrying about me, Innothenthe. I’ll be ok,  I’m made of pretty stern stuff after all. I won’t die even if it kills me ”  said Hibiki, giving Innocence a warm smile.  She wasn’t saying Innocence’s name wrong to mock her lisp,  rather she had just assumed that was the way her name was supposed to be pronounced based on the way Innocence herself had spoke it. 

“I thought you were a bit reserved at first but it turns out you’re a real sweat-heart.” She said unironically as she held a hand out for Innocence to shake before turning to leave, giving Nao a gentle pat on the shoulder as she passed him.  “And Thank you for having my back.   It meant a lot to me.” She told him, a slight blush coloring her face.

Feeling her hand tapped she turned towards Nakaba who whispered to her if she was alright?  She looked at him as if to ask why wouldn’t she be before whispering back.  “I’m doing great, let’s pass this exam together.” . Then she gave him a thumbs up that he wouldn’t be able to see given that his back was turned.   “Until next time everyone.” She added loudly giving everyone an affectionate wave of her right hand before making to exit the door. 

[4]

[Attempted exit]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

'Maybe making fun of her lisp might have been a step too far.' Nao thought to himself as he stared down the chains that manifested from Airi's back. "Apologies," Nao would state though it was more to Airi than Innocence, while he could admit what he had done was wrong he still couldn't bring himself to apologize to such a rude individual. His intention had only been to stand up for Hibiki as he did not like the way Innocence had spoken to her, thinking about it now though he realized that him making fun of her lisp was no different than what the bullies of his childhood had done because of his eyes. Hibiki however seemed unfazed by innocence's words, going as far as calling innocence a sweetheart. It still amazes him how anyone in this world could be as pure as Hibiki was, he wished he had that outlook when he was dealing with the constant bullies, he might not have gotten into as many fights as he had if he did. Though had it not been for those fights growing up he might not be in the condition he was currently, he had pushed himself harder because of them and that shaped him into the man he was now.

The gentle pat on his shoulder from Hibiki would finally break his concentration away from the chains in front of him, a smile forming as he looked to her. "You can always count on me to have your back," Nao replied sincerely before he would turn to bow to Airi and make his leave following Hibiki. He had not had questions about the exams but now seeing Airi form those chains he wondered if she would be willing to show him how it was done. He had seen her use it against the giant bug that had attacked the village and thought it was impressive, though seeing them up close made it even more so. He would move through the door following Hibiki out of the office, his thoughts moving towards returning to the training facility to get in some more practice before the exams.

Exit

Event points: 3

Stamina: A
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A++
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B
    Innocence Uchiha
    Innocence Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Innocence Uchiha Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:26 pm

Innocence's dark brown cheeks turned a honey hue as Nao began mocking her lisp. The speech impediment was a sore subject for her. While she wasn't born with it, the missing tooth coupled with what the doctors beleived was a brain injury had permanently marred her speech. They didn't know how, they didn't know why. But their prognosis was the same: it was permanent and she'd simply have to learn how to live with it. Innocence had tried everything. Avoiding words. Speech coaches. She had even tried to stay silent for a whole week. But none of it worked. She was too smart to cut her vocabulary down. She was too stubborn and proud to change her verbiage or to take instruction from patronizing therapists. And she had way too much to say to become a mute. Unfortunately, Innocence's inability to cure her malady coupled with her sassiness made her a prime target for those who sought low hanging fruit. Despite her provocations, most ignored it and pretended as if she spoke normally.

Not Nao.

The young man approached Innocence directly and chastized her for insulting Hibiki. The Hyuuga's words caused her to ball her hands into fists and grit her teeth in anger as he lectured her on manners. Idiot! You're going to stick up for a literal Section 290 case? She probably doesn't understand half the words you used just now. Innocence was about to open her mouth and challenge him to try and "weed her out" right then and there. That's when Kaori stepped in and took her turn. The sound of her voice drew Innocence's attention. Her anger had not abated but the fact that the first few words out of the Ex-Iwa-Nin's mouth were her father's name ensured Innocence had eyes only for her. The neon green pupils settled on the woman as she trash-talked Nyguyen Uchiha, spitting on his legacy and insulting her pride in his name. What Nao had said was forgotten. What she had said to Hibiki was forgotten. All that mattered was the words that had come from Kaori's lips. Words that she had been dreading ever since her father had become such a controversial figure.

"And it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree from the looks of things. You'll be just as much of an embarrassment as he was."
    "No! He-"

The words stung. It was like a knife had been plunged into Innocence's soul. She knew what others said about him. The horrible slander they had thrown on a man who was never meant to be Kage, but who had tried to do right by his clan and country. She herself had always taken him for granted. Mocked him for the most pettiest of things at home. But the venom that came from people's was not the gentle natured ribbing she was used to. It made her feel ashamed. Like he was some kind of a monster and she was too just for being related to him. It was like an omnipresent cloud of shame that hung over her during ever waking moment. It didn't care if she was mourning the man who raised her. It was always there. Most were polite enough to ignore the cloud, but there was a select few that had the gall to point it out. To stretch out a finger towards it and say: 'A failure. Just like your father.' Kaori was one such person and she had picked the worst moment to do it. Innocence could see the haughty look in her eye. She was challenging her. Goading her to throw the first punch. Ordinarily, Innocence was too smart to take the bait, but as tears welled in her eyes, she knew she could not let this go.

"He wath a fucking hero you thtupid bitth and he wath my dad!" Innocence dropped her cashbag, reached up and threw her hands forward aiming to shove Kaori back and away from her. If successful, the act would push Kaori backwards without doing any real damage. She had her hands raised and she stepped up to throw a punch but the explosian of chains and a crimson temper ceased her offensive. She stumbled back at the menacing sight of a wroth Hokage. The constructs were intimidating and Innocence felt herself getting overwhelmed. She was embarrassed and angry. She felt a few tears streaming down her face but quickly wiped them. She had given Kaori the satisfaction of knowing she had hurt her and now she looked foolish. It wasn't the low IQ redhead that was the weak link among the Rookie 8. It was Innocence Uchiha, the emotional and easily rattled daughter of the disgraced Kage. Innocence barely heard Sera's protests or Airi's chastisement. She noticed that the Kage did not single her out, but other than that the rest was like a faded voice in the background. There was some kind of talk of dismissal but beyond that Innocence could think of nothing else but Kaori's words. She didn't care about Nao or Hibiki anymore. They were annoying, but they hadn't crossed the line that she had.

I don't care what Hokage-sama says....I'm going to hurt her in the Exams. I'm going to hurt her bad.

She stared daggers into Kaorl's head. It was only the light and naive voice that brought her back to the present moment. It was the same voice that she had just been giggling at moments prior. Innocence blinked and wiped her eyes for good measure. When she opened them, she was staring at an offered hand from the girl she had insulted just a few seconds ago. Innocence stared at the open hand of friendship as if it were from another realm.

"Thank you for worrying about me, Innothenthe. I’ll be ok,  I’m made of pretty stern stuff after all. I won’t die even if it kills me ”

She's unbearably simple. Innocence thought. She can't even stand up for herself. She won't stand up for herself because she doesn't realize I was making fun of her.

Innocence suddenly felt guilty. She had let her insecurity get to her again. The idea that this simpleton was fighting for a top spot in the Exams made it feel like all those nights spent studying were for naught. No matter how smart she was, she'd always be less favored. She wasn't pretty. She wasn't skilled. And she talked like a loser. It wasn't Hibiki's fault that everyone in the room was taking her side. It was just the way things were. Getting angry at Hibiki was like getting angry at a child for spilling milk. She was the one who was in the wrong, but Kaori's words made her too angry to admit that at the moment.  

"I jutht inthulted you and that'th all you have to thay?!" Innocence said her anger rising again. She slapped away Hibiki's hand. The girl's infamous stubborness rearing its ugly head. She knew she had no right to talk to Hibiki like that and though she had phrased her insults as "concern for the vulnerable", she knew damn well that it was meant to demean and intimidate rather than genuinely warn. "Thtop letting people fight your own battleth! And my name ith Innothenthe!"

"Inno-then-the." She sounded out the words as best she could, hoping (praying) that for once they'd come out as intended.

No wonder they don't take you seriously. You can't even say your own name!

Innocence picked up her cashbag and started towards the door. But before she left, she stopped and pointed at her three new enemies: Nao, Kaori and Hibiki. "I don't care if i have a lithp, I'm going to thhow you all what a real Uthiha can do! " With that, she marched down the hallway. As she moved, she pushed past Natsuki and whoever else was in her way. She couldn't even bring herself to ask for their excuse. The tear-stained cheeks and her dour expression would hopefully be enough to grant her their pardon.

I won't lose to them....I won't lose to her!

[Exit]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kyujutsu, Ninjutsu (Raiton), Katon, Kanchijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 75,625

Post by Sera Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:41 pm

Despite her best efforts to calm the other genin down, tensions continued to rise in the room as Innocence, Nao, and Kaori continued to butt heads.  Sera’s comment had fallen on deaf ears and it looked like a fight might actually break out until the Hokage made a move. Chains made of chakra erupted out of her back and would be poised to strike over each one of them. As she saw the chains move, Sera’s instinct was to dodge out of the way or retaliate, but she quickly realized this wasn’t a true attack and more of a show of power. She gave a sigh of relief as Airi ordered them all to stand down and to focus on working as a team for the exams. It was one thing if Sera said something like this, but a whole other thing for the Hokage herself to do so. After being ordered to leave, Sera would nod her head and respond kindly. “Yes Lady Hokage. I’m sure we’ll pull ourselves together in time for the exam!” Having already taken her spendings, Sera would leave the room and seek out Natsuki who had left just moments prior to discuss.

[Exit Thread]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 am

She watched all of the other shinobi leave. Whether they left on good terms or bad wasn't entirely what she cared about at the moment. What she wanted was Nakaba isolated and alone for this last bit. "Have a seat," she said as she retracted the chains and went back to her desk. She pulled out a drawer, pulled out her reading glasses, and another sheet of paper next to it.

"What I have here is admission that Chen Kimyonokama was the one that butchered Sunagakure. Probably information you already know," she said as she slid the note sent to her towards Nakaba. "Look but don't touch," she said, briefly showing him the letter. "It seems he may be on his way here to Konohagakure due to the take-over of Iwagakure," she said before sliding the paper back to her side and placing it back into her desk.

"Seems like you'll encounter him fairly soon. Sooner than you'd probably like. I have a feeling he's going to be present during the Chuunin Exams or the Jonin World Tournament. Since I don't know what his chakra actually looks like, it'll be difficult for me to event spot him. All I have to go off of is resemblance, that's it," she stated, leaning back in her chair and groaned.

"I'm going to make an announcement demonizing him. I want him dead as much as the next person -- especially since I was wearing the hat when I found out about the slaughter of Sunagakure. I was going to have a couple of my shinobi make their way to give the Tsuchikage an ultimatum. Well, this was after she stole national secrets anyway," she stated with another sigh. She didn't go into much detail about Diana's intrusion and subterfuge, but it was enough to give him information on why she had it out for Diana.

"I suggest getting strong and I suggest getting strong VERY fast. If you want to be there to land the killing blow, I highly suggest you get VERY strong after the Chuunin exams. The information I'm going to state in my address is going to be inflated and not very accurate to the note I showed you. However, it will get people interested in taking his head, which is the main goal. The Stag Emporium also offered to lend support. It's apparently run by a man whose family were butchered in the same atrocity," she stated informatively.

"I would like you to keep your mouth shut about any discrepancies between the note I showed you and the announcement you'll hear over the television or radio. Do you think you can keep that a secret between the two of us?

• This Post: 15
    • Total Gained: 215
    • Event Points: 6

A player may provide an additional +5 EXP bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, the player loses 5 EXP, per post, when performing missions

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Kaori Murai
    Kaori Murai
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Kaori Murai Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 am

Unusually focused in on someone, Kaori was hyperfocused on Innocence. So much so that she didn't notice the chains until they were interrupting them. Consequently, when Innocence went to push her, Kaori braced herself for the push, noting that Innocence was quite fast, but within her ability to perceive things too. That meant they weren't too far out of each other's fighting range.

She saw the punch readied as the push failed to amount to any distance between the two of them, but then the chains interrupted as Airi began to berate them. At that moment, all Kaori felt was heat and anger in her soul, but triumph as well. Too bad she hadn't actually got to fight Innocence, she'd have loved to stomp her face into the ground. Kaori had done her job well though, inciting the girl without actually getting into trouble herself.

"Sorry, Lady Hokage. I didn't attribute the Former Hokage's actions to her, I was just saying she was being an embarrassment like he was when she was making rude remarks about Hibiki." Kaori bowed in apology, sneaking in a final jab at the girl before exiting the room. She waited around long enough for everyone else to clear out, not feeling like interacting with anyone. Her hearing was good, and if Airi didn't wait, she'd pick up part of the conversation, some information about Chen's letter and stuff like that.

However, she didn't want to stick around too much, and would see her way out. Looks like she had some training to do ahead of the exams.

-
    Exit with 200,000 Ryo

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 290,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B+
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7376-kaori-s-updates#58265
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t7353-kaori-murai?nid=1#58247
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Engineering, Kugutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 90,000

Post by Nakaba Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm

I can't stand instigators. It was so much that he flinched, but Nakaba ever so slightly relaxed as the chains retracted. He would wait a moment after Hokage's order, not ignoring it, but hoping to push it off for a moment. "Yes Lady Hokage, but may I first pour you some tea, before it gets cold." Konoha-nin had an inkling about the general topic of the subject matter, and he needed to steel himself. He would motion towards the tea pot that the Hokage's secretary had set out, if the Hokage didn't forbid it, he'd grab the pot. "Cream, Sugar?" Despite his best efforts, Nakaba's voice would change slightly, like he was getting tired or like he was fraying. Normally there was a warm pep in his voice, it wasn't gone, but it was dimmer than normal. He would follow whatever instructions she had to the T, and then quietly he would sit.

As the Hokage spoke Nakaba would listen earnestly. It was obvious that Nakaba was unwinding as she continued, but it was also obvious that it was well within his capabilities to manage the emotions he was feeling. ”Of course Lady Hokage. If you order it. It will be done. No one shall know of this. I will also ensure that I train through the Exams, so I can manifest my goals.” What he'd learned just now of Diana checked out. He would believe that about someone scientifically motivated. He would sit in silence a moment. The following question rang in his mind, Lady Hokage, will this bring Us closer to peace? His question was earnest, but he would not question her authority. He would dismiss the question from his mind. There was sorrow and hope mixed in his eyes. These two weren't far off in age, but in this moment, Nakaba could feel the echoes of his trauma dimunitizing him. “If that’ll be all Lady Hokage then I think that I’ll be on my way.” Chen Kimyonokama. The genin would remember that name.
    [Attempted Exit]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:47 pm

She watched as Nakaba poured her some more tea. She denied the sugar and cream as she felt it disrespected the tea leaves. After he poured the tea for her, she took a sip of the tea. He didn't have to, but she wouldn't say no to someone doing it of their own volition. After the sip of the tea, she placed it down upon the desk, on top of the compiling tea and coffee rings upon the desk -- eating a hole through the varnishing. His distraught mannerism didn't escape her notice. Yes, the one that butchered his people decided to make his move on Konohagakure.

He continued, obediently accepting the gag-order she placed on it. She would make some embellishments in order to stir the shinobi and even possibly anger certain individuals that she knew would take action. It felt like he has had enough. Fair. As he left, she took another sip of her tea. "Don't worry, Nakaba-kun. We will kill the butcher of the sands. Your people will be avenged. A consequence of threatening Konohagakure is that, even shinobi from a disenfranchised village like Iwagakure -- if they change their headband, we will defend and fulfill any goals of our shinobi, Chen Kimyonokama," she said taking a sip of her tea. "You've made a grave mistake poking the bear, fool," she said, placing the letter from Chen back into her desk. She was speaking to herself the moment she began to speak, expecting no answer and expecting to attention from another. The monologue was necessary to air out her own thoughts.
    == Last in topic -- so Exit ==

• This Post: 15
    • Total Gained: 230
    • Event Points: 7

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:57 am