Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Aftermath

Innocence Uchiha
    Innocence Uchiha
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Aftermath Empty Aftermath

Post by Innocence Uchiha Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 pm

By the time Innocence had arrived at the outer limits of the Bijuu's fall, she could already tell that it was over. Shinobi were shouting orders. Civilians were cheering. Others were crying. The streets were clogged with injured and fleeing people forcing Innocence to take to the rooftops. She leaped from building to building as she surveyed the damage below. She didn't even know where to begin.

I should be at the hospital right now. I wasn't even useful here. The other shinobi....the Hokage. They were all amazing. They saved so many people while I was watching at home like a coward.

Innocence knew that it was unfair. She was still just a genin and a pretty lousy one at that. She was in no position to actually help defeat a Bijuu. Tengoku, the Twins, Airi and all the other upper ranking shinobi including her sister had years to develop their talents. She knew she'd get there in time, but that didn't make the frustration go away. Innocence looked to the sky where the creature had hung over the city and menaced it with attacks. When she looked down, she saw debris and bodies littered the boulevards leading to the disaster's epicenter. Innocence took a breath and closed her eyes.

I'm no good up here....I'm barely any good down there. I should head to the hospital. Their going to need me. . She thought to herself.

She wanted to leave the scene. To tear her eyes from the carnage and go do something productive but it was hard to look away. There were so many people that had been living peacefully only to have it all shattered in a moment's notice. The devestation awakened dark memories for her. The day when her dad died. Their family had been visiting the Heavenly Emporium to celebrate the Iron Prince's birthday. It was supposed to be a fun event but she remembered how the joy turned to sorrow. The gargantuan metal beast that appeared above them and forced them to teleport home. They had all left together: her mother, Mercedes and Yui. But her father had stayed behind to fight. That was the day she lost him. She had only seen the Indaina Kujira briefly but in those few seconds it struck terror in her heart. She had been spared the wreckage of what came after but the mere sight of the creature was enough to instill loathing in her heart. These were terrible and fearsome things, but they could be killed. They took out an artificial Bijuu and now one of the original nine. These creatures not gods and if confronted by a mighty Leaf-Nin, they could be made to fall.

He stood against them. And one day I will too.

Innocence turned away from the aftermath and started towards the hospital, but before she did, she heard a whimpering noise. She turned and walked over to the other side of the rooftop, the part closer to the alley. The surgeon-in-training looked down to see a small dog limping down the adjacent alley. The daughter of the late Hokage had never been an animal lover but she felt a twinge of pity and compassion for the pup. She used the Tree Walking Technique to navigate down to ground level before tentatively approaching the dog. She didn't have any food on her so all she could do is reach out her hand and make kissing noises. She had seen her mother do that before and while she wasn't certain it was scientifically sound, it was the best she could do.

The noble beast lumbered forward as best as it could until its nose touched Innocence's fingers. It was a rottweiler by the look of it. The black fur and efficient features reminded her of the guard dogs that were sometimes brought to the clinic for a check-up. She wasn't a vet but she knew her way around animal medicine as a result of the rotations that her training program required. The dog's tentative sniffs became more of a nuzzling and before she knew it, she was cradling him in her arms.

"Don't worry little guy, I got you[/b]." Innocence said as she held him close. She picked up his full weight and made her way back towards the rooftop. ]i]I need to get him to the hospital. I can his broken leg, get him checked out.[/i] Ordinarily, she'd never prioritize a dog over the many people in the village but there was something different about this pup. Something that made her want to protect it.

"[b]I'll help everyone elthe....but for now....I'll help you
    " she said as she began running across the rooftops. She was going to have a very busy day at the hospital and it would start with this little critter here.

[Exit]

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:06 am