Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+3
Menza the Cursed One
Shimiko Chinoike
Hua Li
7 posters

Hua Li | Jutsu Registry

Hua Li
    Hua Li

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Yokai KKG, Bukijutsu, Fuinjutsu -- Wind
    Class: B
    Ryo: Yes please

Hua Li | Jutsu Registry Empty Hua Li | Jutsu Registry

Post by Hua Li Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Approved Techniques

Fuinjutsu

Hua Li Hiden, Jade Wind Demon:
    Soulforged Rune:
    Sigil of Exhaustion:

Fuinjutsu - Armour Art

Armour Art, Rune of Preservation:
    Armour Art, Rune of Resistance:

Bukijutsu

Demon School Martial Arts:
    Tengu School Martial Arts:
    Tengu School, Striking the Anvil:
    Tengu School, Thread and Needle:
    Tengu School, Ghost Cloth:
    Tengu School, Whirlwind Demon Reaping:

Bukijutsu - Kusarigama

Kusarigamajutsu, Kijo Hunting Chain:
    Kusarigamajutsu, Kijo Sealing Chain:
    Kusarigamajutsu, Kijo Phantom Chain:

Kusarigamajutsu, Stranglebird:
    Kusarigamajutsu, Chain of Malice:

Bukijutsu - Naginata

Naginatajutsu, Crescent Moon:
    Naginatajutsu, Full Moon:
    Naginatajutsu, Blood Moon:

Art of War

Art of War, Banner of Carnage:

Last edited by Hua Li on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:52 pm; edited 21 times in total

Hua Li | Jutsu Registry 33388010
    The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

Character File

Hua Li | Jutsu Registry Empty Re: Hua Li | Jutsu Registry

Post by Hua Li Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 pm

x:
    Boosts:

Art of War, Banner of Carnage:

Last edited by Hua Li on Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:12 pm; edited 44 times in total

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Hua Li wrote:
    Soulforged Rune:

Approved.

Hua Li wrote:
    Sigil of Exhaustion:

Note that the target can feel their chakra being drained from the seal.

Hua Li wrote:
    Jade Dream Catching Talisman:

Some key rules for techniques that seal live jutsu:
    - Such sealing techniques will have a five post cool down before they can seal another technique. - One must also pay the base cost of the rank of the jutsu (regardless of what the caster pays).

Hua Li wrote:
    Jade Dream Releasing Technique:

See above limitations. I'm also concerned this is a bit too similar to what Dark Release does. I'd suggest taking a look at the Mikiri (Dark Release) bloodline and changing this a bit to make sure it doesn't infringe on their abilities.

Hua Li wrote:
    Jade Dream Absorbing Mind:

This is too similar to the Uchiha's Copy ability.

Hua Li wrote:

There are all great but just so you know Taijutsu, Bukijutsu, and Kenjutsu are all considered Physical styles and as a result the cost of their techniques is always registered at 1 rank below. For example, a B-Rank Taijutsu style that provides B-Rank level boosts only costs a C-Rank amount of chakra per post (5 CP).

So you might want to adjust your upkeep values to take advantage of that.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:38 am

[x] First post

Sigil of Exhaustion
    - Sensation added

Jade Dream Catching Talisman
    - I'm a little sceptical about the need for a 5 post cooldown on a defensive technique that follows standard Fuinjutsu principles, but it's been added due to its future potential.
    - This is what Fuinjutsu does (as per narutopedia): sealing items, living beings and chakra effects. It seems odd to pay extra for using Fuinjutsu's universal principles? It has the additional cost of needing certain expendable items depending on its rank.

Jade Dream Releasing Technique
    - Also see above. The cost of this jutsu equals the sealed jutsu's rank, to avoid unsealing cheaper than what the original caster paid for it. It is also limited to C-A rank techs so as not to use S or X ranks against the opponent.
    - As above, unsealing (sealed) chakra effects is the very nature of Fuinjutsu. I don't see how this mimics Dark Release. In fact, as Fuinjutsu is a universally available and accepted art I'd rather consider Dark Release the odd copycat here. The difference is that DR doesn't require scrolls and can transform absorbed chakra into anything it wishes - something Fuinjutsu can't do. What has been sealed must be returned as is; just like my jutsu states.

Jade Dream Absorbing Mind
    Here too, unravelling a jutsu is a universal, studious matter available to all. This jutsu requires you to consider it like studying from a scroll in your spare time once you captured a technique (just like Naruto did with Multiple Shadow Clones); unlike Uchiha's insta-using/learning potential. I don't see how this is similar to the Uchiha's doujutsu ability?

Physical Arts
    Please note that the upkeep cost is already one rank lower than its stated rank. They all have a 'D to A' rank with 'E to B' cost.
    'Thread and Needle' is the exception on its activation cost because it has both a defensive and minor damaging effect.

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Jade Dream Catching Talisman
    - Sealing items/people generally don't bother me but sealing entire chakra effects can easily intrude on other more Restricted and exclusive abilities like Dark Release or Preta Path. Utilizing Fuinjutsu as a catch-all defense to absorb any technique thrown at you is an unfair and major advantage. It would allow you to essentially absorb all your opponent offensive jutsu. The cure for this is to make it less spamy by requiring a chakra cost that is equivalent to what you are sealing away. If you want it to cost less chakra, you can take a Unique Ability (UA) that let's you use Fuunin at 1 rank cheaper than normal OR you could at some point in the future create a Restricted Technique, Enhanced State, or Bijuu level ability that gives you more leeway in terms of absorbing techniques but other than that its a part of Fuuin that is deeply de-emphasized because of its broken potential.

- See above. Dark Release allows one to fire a captured technique back at someone else. If everyone had that ability that would be very broken as it would allow for the copying and releasing of all five elements, advanced elements, hiden jutsu. While it may or may not have been able to do so in canon it'd be broken if allowed to do so here.

- Well if its a canon jutsu, you can learn it on your own in which case the technique wouldn't be necessary however if its a personal jutsu or exclusive or something very hard to learn without having someone teach you, I wouldn't want that jutsu copied and permanently learned so easily. Its true it doesn't allow for immediate release and deployment, but learning someone else's jutsu without them teaching you isn't something that has happened in canon and I'd be hard pressed to allow it here.

For the "Rank" for each of the Martial Arts you can just put B. That way you can just train it once at B-Rank and not have to train the C-Rank and A-Rank versions seperately.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Hua Li wrote:
    Sigil of Exhaustion:

Approved.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Shimiko Chinoike wrote:Jade Dream Catching Talisman
    - Sealing items/people generally don't bother me but sealing entire chakra effects can easily intrude on other more Restricted and exclusive abilities like Dark Release or Preta Path. Utilizing Fuinjutsu as a catch-all defense to absorb any technique thrown at you is an unfair and major advantage. It would allow you to essentially absorb all your opponent offensive jutsu. The cure for this is to make it less spamy by requiring a chakra cost that is equivalent to what you are sealing away. If you want it to cost less chakra, you can take a Unique Ability (UA) that let's you use Fuunin at 1 rank cheaper than normal OR you could at some point in the future create a Restricted Technique, Enhanced State, or Bijuu level ability that gives you more leeway in terms of absorbing techniques but other than that its a part of Fuuin that is deeply de-emphasized because of its broken potential.

- See above. Dark Release allows one to fire a captured technique back at someone else. If everyone had that ability that would be very broken as it would allow for the copying and releasing of all five elements, advanced elements, hiden jutsu. While it may or may not have been able to do so in canon it'd be broken if allowed to do so here.

- Well if its a canon jutsu, you can learn it on your own in which case the technique wouldn't be necessary however if its a personal jutsu or exclusive or something very hard to learn without having someone teach you, I wouldn't want that jutsu copied and permanently learned so easily. Its true it doesn't allow for immediate release and deployment, but learning someone else's jutsu without them teaching you isn't something that has happened in canon and I'd be hard pressed to allow it here.

For the "Rank" for each of the Martial Arts you can just put B. That way you can just train it once at B-Rank and not have to train the C-Rank and A-Rank versions seperately.

Jade Dream Cathing Talisman
    - I have to point out it is not a 'catch-all technique'; it is already restricted to 'pure chakra' techniques. So tai, buki, ken and other physical/fighting styles are already excluded. That already limits the jutsu in its use in its current form.
    That said, I do see your point. If I restrict it further to not include KKG & limited abilities, would that be better?

Jade Dream Release Technique
    - This one is auto-restricted by its parent. So not much more to say about it than what's already stated. If capturing is further restricted, releasing what is captured is too.

- Likewise, this one is auto-restricted by its parent.
    - I think you're misunderstanding. This is not a canon jutsu. This is a custom jutsu that recreates the origin/missing link between an existing, foreign jutsu and how it can be learned through scrolls without a teacher. Naruto learning 'Taijuu Kage Bunshin' through a stolen scroll was not the application of a jutsu. He simply took the time to read the jutsu captured/written in the scroll. This jutsu represents that same approach but limited by what the parent technique can capture.

Martial Arts
    Changed as per suggestion.
    It's now B-rank with varying upkeep cost to match the boosts.

[x] Jutsu

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Approved.

Note that this is a maneuver specific physical technique for boosting purposes, also keep in mind this isn't an "absolute defense" there may be other things that prevent this technique from effectively blocking certain physical strikes or techniques.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Jade Dream Cathing Talisman
    - The chakra cost is really my main concern. This isn't completely and totally out of hand denied, its just that the cost needs to be commensurate with the rank. Otherwise, it cannot be approved.

- While I'm okay with the sealing of techniques, the releasing of techniques that anyone has launched against you is something that I consider to be broken. Mainly because it would grant you access to all 5 elements plus whatever custom stuff people throw at you. So this technique is therefore denied.

- I know its not a canon jutsu. I'm saying that as a custom jutsu its OP. Jutsu scrolls tell you how to perform a technique it does not contain a sealed version of the jutsu. Kirisame contains instructions on how to perform the technique it doesn't have an actual Mist Rain inside of it. Reverse engineering and learning jutsu on the basis of capturing techniques is a no go.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Shimiko Chinoike wrote:Jade Dream Cathing Talisman
    - The chakra cost is really my main concern. This isn't completely and totally out of hand denied, its just that the cost needs to be commensurate with the rank. Otherwise, it cannot be approved.

- While I'm okay with the sealing of techniques, the releasing of techniques that anyone has launched against you is something that I consider to be broken. Mainly because it would grant you access to all 5 elements plus whatever custom stuff people throw at you. So this technique is therefore denied.

- I know its not a canon jutsu. I'm saying that as a custom jutsu its OP. Jutsu scrolls tell you how to perform a technique it does not contain a sealed version of the  jutsu. Kirisame contains instructions on how to perform the technique it doesn't have an actual Mist Rain inside of it. Reverse engineering and learning jutsu on the basis of capturing techniques is a no go.

Jade Dream Capturing Technique
    I remain confused about the extra chakra cost. Without the other two jutsu to supplement this technique (both having been denied), this technique does nothing spectacular that any other defensive technique doesn't do. Therefore, having to pay twice the cost (that is, the jutsu as well as the opponent's jutsu cost) to seal an attack just 'because its Fuinjutsu/living chakra' simply can't be right when other techniques can deal with the same hostile chakra on a 1:1 ratio, without a need for cooldowns at that.

Even if I limit it to the elements known, with a further stated denial on the use of customs to boot, it ends up being limited to nothing but 'library jutsu of a known element'. At that point, I can just as well learn the technique in the middle of combat (allocate gained XP) and use it right then and there (because RP reason X, as I have seen applied in the past). It would make no difference.

Your denial is duly noted; the jutsu is hereby discarded in line with your ruling.

The way to learn/counter jutsu has regularly been based on reverse-engineering, observing or experiencing a technique in Naruto. I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on its denial. But that being said, as above, the denial is duly noted; the jutsu hereby discarded in line with your ruling.

[x] Jutsu

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:27 pm

I remain confused about the extra chakra cost. Without the other two jutsu to supplement this technique (both having been denied), this technique does nothing spectacular that any other defensive technique doesn't do. Therefore, having to pay twice the cost (that is, the jutsu as well as the opponent's jutsu cost) to seal an attack just 'because its Fuinjutsu/living chakra' simply can't be right when other techniques can deal with the same hostile chakra on a 1:1 ratio, without a need for cooldowns at that.

Woah, I think there was a miscommunication here. I apologize if I might not have been clear. All I'm saying is that the cost of you sealing something has to equal the Rank of the technique loosed against you.

So if I cast an S-Rank jutsu against you, you pay an S-Rank equivalent to seal it. That's all. No other amount of chakra is required.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Shimiko Chinoike wrote:
    Woah, I think there was a miscommunication here. I apologize if I might not have been clear. All I'm saying is that the cost of you sealing something has to equal the Rank of the technique loosed against you.

So if I cast an S-Rank jutsu against you, you pay an S-Rank equivalent to seal it. That's all. No other amount of chakra is required.
    Oh o-o Yeah, I totally misunderstood the cost to be jutsu + opponent's jutsu since it was 'living jutsu'. However, I thought that cost was standard? As in, C-rank blocks C-rank at most. So by default, it'd cost C-rank activation to do so.

But even then, there is still a 5 post cooldown. Considering a defensive jutsu doesn't give any particular advantage (you can block an attack with an attack of your own) and results in nothing but a status quo, why then is there a 5 post cooldown?

Tengu's Eye, Auspex:

Last edited by Hua Li on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Menza the Cursed One
    Menza the Cursed One

Post by Menza the Cursed One Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:26 pm

But even then, there is still a 5 post cooldown. Considering a defensive jutsu doesn't give any particular advantage (you can block an attack with an attack of your own) and results in nothing but a status quo, why then is there a 5 post cooldown?

Because unlike the vast majority of Ninjutsu which spawn defenses, Fuuin has no inherent weaknesses. A fire wall will be weak to water. A lightning wall will be weak to wind. Generally, abilities that absorb techniques have been limited to what I call the Sucky Path and Dark Release. Hence, a universal drawback for every fuuin that purports to do similar things will require a five post cooldown so it doesn't just become an excessively cheap way to absorb techs people throw at you with no intrinsic weakness.

Edit the cost to be in line with what we talked about and throw in the post cool down and it will be good to go.

For Thread and Needle note that it is a maneuver specific physical technique.

Also keep in mind jutsu tend to be checked in batches of five. Once all five are checked you can feel free to add more.
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

Character File

Post by Hua Li Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:31 am

I'm aware of the modding batches but there are only 2 jutsu to mod? I clearly stated I'd discard the Jade Dream jutsu since they were denied, and reposted the ones remaining.

Thread and Needle edited.

Tengu's Eye, Auspex:

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Hua Li wrote:

Approved.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Tengu's Eye, Auspex:

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

Post by Kim Chang-Min Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:13 pm

Hua Li wrote:
    Tengu's Eye, Auspex:

Approved
    Hua Li
    Hua Li

Character File

Post by Hua Li Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Last edited by Hua Li on Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:01 pm

How quickly you swing your weapon will be a function of your Coordination stat. Physically cannot automatically set your movements to a specific stat. It needs to be boosted.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:11 am

Hua Li wrote:

Approved.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:37 pm

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:46 am

Hua Li wrote:

Approved.

Character File

Post by Hua Li Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Kijo Hunting Chain:
    Kijo Sealing Chain:
    Kijo Phantom Chain:

Last edited by Hua Li on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 am

Kusarigamajutsu: Kijo Hunting Chain

*^ there is an SSM blade that does this.

Clone tech

*^ hardness and quality mention both

Fuuin

*^ just so I'm clear, the seal makes it impossible to wield or mold chakra?

Character File

Post by Hua Li Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:Kusarigamajutsu: Kijo Hunting Chain

*^ there is an SSM blade that does this.

Clone tech

*^ hardness and quality mention both

Fuuin

*^ just so I'm clear, the seal makes it impossible to wield or mold chakra?

Kusarigamajutsu: Kijo Hunting Chain

I'm fairly certain there is no SSM blade that allows the manipulation of kusarigama chains. Those are two vastly different weapons and require two different skills, too. They may have the same effect, but are not the same thing.

The other techniques have been edited.

The spring morning calls
    into the haunted forest
    forgotten secrets.

The Demon Smith:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 am