Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Unexpected Savior [Nozomi]

Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu. Fuuinjutsu, Sensory, Doton, Katon, Lava,
    Class: S
    Ryo: 100,000

Unexpected Savior [Nozomi] Empty Unexpected Savior [Nozomi]

Post by Tatsuya Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Last thing Rin remembers is a blur. A blur of images that was mainly darkness and a constant hum. Flashes of Kurama's face with a wolfish grin occasionally comes up to surface. How Rin was ready to give everything to Kurama. Just to kill Menza, and frankly Rin came very close to doing just that.

Now there was a similar feeling of being cold and stiff. Yet there was warmth in the air. The most relieving part is that his head didn't feel like there was constant fog in his mind. It's a pain not being able to focus on his own thoughts. Pretty much the first thing he did was to reach out for Kurama. To talk to him. However there was silence. Kurama was obviously there as Rin could feel the bijuu's presence, but Kurama refused to speak to him. Emotionally it hurt Rin, but in the end he failed to release Kurama like he promised. Whether it was out of his hands or not didn't matter. So Rin can understand why the bijuu refuse to speak with him.

Opening his eyes, Rin finds himself in a hospital room. His bones creaked as Rin attempted to sit up only to feel a sharp pain on his left arm. Winced, Rin looks down to find the needle with IV in his arm. In a vein no less, and so Rin moved his right arm to try to take it off. Only to find a cast instead of a hand. Seeing it was a reminder that Menza did take the hand and it wasn't a dream. Or a hallucination for that matter. Seeing that he has no way of getting it off through that method, Rin grabbed the IV stand and rolled it around so that he could lean over. Enough to where he can curl his toes around the needle and pull it out without twisting it. Looking down, he noticed that there were patches on his chest and sides of his head. Which Rin kindly took off before swinging his legs around and stand up on his feet.

At first he wobbled from his muscles not exercised in a while. Yet Rin managed to balance himself against the bed. Taking a deep breath as he reached over for the stand and props himself temporarily. Just long enough for Rin to stretch his arms, legs, and core muscles. Enough to where Rin can walk around without needing to lean on something for a while. Hakkun knows what his stamina is looking like, but Rin noticed a familiar marking on him. Over the scorpion seal is what Rin recognize as the Five Elements Seal. Which means usage of chakra and acquiring aid from Kurama is out of the question for him. Rin of course refrains from putting weight on his right arm, but he still stretches the limb.

Eventually the door slides open as a nurse was confused yet processing what was happening. A stern look on her face as her voice was like ice.

"Took ya time waking up. If ya feeling better then head over to Heavenly Gardens. Somebody wants to speak to you." Before Rin had the option to thank her, the nurse walks away. Leaving Rin to his own devices as Rin walks out of the room. Garbed in basic necessities of shirt and shorts. Rin proceeded to search for this Heavenly Gardens. He has no idea where he is, or where this Gardens is even located at. This wasn't Kumogakure or Konohagakure. So this area is unknown territory to him. Still from what Rin can see through the windows, there's lots of sand and sandstone. So either he's somewhere that's barren of life or Rin is actually in a desert. The only desert-like nation Rin is aware of would be Land of Wind. So at the very least he's somewhere in that nation or so Rin believes.

Eventually Rin will find his own way onto Heavenly Gardens after taking one too many wrong turns. In a way Rin is a little grateful as it gets him to move around more. Yet at the same time it was equally frustrating that he wasn't even given a direction where he was going other than his assumptions. The Heavenly Gardens was beautiful as it was like straight from a perfect picture. In fact Rin wouldn't doubt it if inspiration of poetry and art is strong in this area. Reminds Rin of when he used to pluck the strings of his guitar and thought about the short stories he could write. Although he won't let a missing hand deter him from his career. Just a minor setback as Rin is aware of medicine that can regrow limbs. Or perhaps take after Akeno Tatsuda and get himself a mechanical hand. He hasn't really decided on what though. Clearing his throat.

"I'm supposed to meet somebody here or am I supposed to admire the view?" Rin more or less announced himself as his eyes scan the gardens. To which Rin shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean, either way is fine. Both would be nice though."

Renown: 0
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 0

Link to Character Updates: Updated Sheet
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Unexpected Savior [Nozomi] Empty Re: Unexpected Savior [Nozomi]

Post by Nozomi Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Nozomi sat on the same bench she had been on when she received Menza and Rin previously. The spot was more or less perfect, and it was so out of place in Suna that it almost didn't feel like she was in a desert anymore. Surrounded by the beautiful botany, Nozomi was able to find something new to see and draw almost at any point she wanted. As detailed as she wanted, whether it was a landscape, or just a different flower.

She was in the process of finishing a sketch of lavenders when she caught the sound of footsteps wandering. Not normal steps either, unsteady ones. And the scent of Rin as well, to her very well attuned sense of smell. Nozomi continued her sketch, although she raised her eyes and scanned over the gardens until she spotted Rin. Their views had been obscured by the bushes and flowers, but she knew the general direction he was in, considering he wasn't particularly moving around that stealthily.

"Finally awake then." she said, a softly spoken phrase, but one that Rin would no doubt hear. The boy was as perceptive as she was. "Over here."

Nozomi wore a simple white kimono with a black trim. She had it tied shut with a pink sash, and was much less armed than any other time she'd been around Rin. Her demeanor was much the same as it was always, a very neutral and expressionless face. Unguarded as she appeared, she was still very much paying attention to potential threats.

If Rin approached, Nozomi would make some space on the bench and pat her hand on it a couple of times, inviting him to take a seat. "Don't worry, if I was going to kill you, I would have. I was the one who bought your freedom from Menza. Jinchuuriki should be treated better."

She was already back to her drawings when she said she was the one who freed him. There wasn't much he could do to hurt her without her knowing exactly what was happening and being able to prevent it. "Tattsu was going to make a bargain with me for helping you. Unfortunately she's dead now, some business in Kirigakure, but I don't regret freeing you. Yui's fine though."

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Honestly Rin would have to thank his acute sense of balance or else he probably wouldn't be able to walk as much as he is doing now. He doesn't know how long he's been out, what day it was, or where he was. Not exactly anyways, but Rin has a rough idea of where he is. It wasn't too much longer of Rin admiring the floral before a familiar voice spoke up. It was softly spoken, but just because his body has gone rusty doesn't mean his senses are as well.

Rin walked around the botany to come upon a balcony that seemed to be secluded from the sandy terrain around them. At first Rin was thinking to himself that voice couldn't be her. Not after what happened at Kirigakure. However, when he turns around the corner and sees Nozomi Himitsu sitting on a bench. A book in one hand, a sketching pencil in the other. There was no weapons visible on her either. Just a white kimono with black trims. Rin genuinely looks surprised as his eyes shifted around in possible areas that could be an ambush. In the end his eyes settled on Nozomi as she moved over and pats on the bench.

"Well this is unexpected." Rin commented as he approached to sit on the bench next to her. From there Nozomi explained that she was the one who freed him from Menza's grasp. Adding her own assurance if she wanted Rin dead then she would've done so before. Rin subconsciously reached up to the back of his neck and can feel a scar tissue there. Makes him wonder how much of his body isn't scarred at this point.

"To be honest with you, I wouldn't have blamed you if you did. Back in Kirigakure, we didn't exactly leave on the best of terms unfortunately." Rin's eyes were looking at what she was sketching, but now they shifted up to her face. The eyes specifically, but at least with Rin there is no Sharingan or Amaterasu to worry about.

"I won't apologize on anyone's behalf, but I am deeply sorry on how things turned out. That wasn't how I wanted to go. To that end, I am grateful for saving me." His voice was genuine, and honestly spending a month's time in that void made Rin realized a lot of things. He wasn't treating his life like it was his only one. He was treating himself more like a puppet that can easily be replaced by the masses of Konohagakure. However, with how things are with Rin and Kurama. Rin is starting to grasp that it wasn't necessarily the Society that he needed to protect Kurama from. Rather, Rin needed to protect him from the political conflict who are always out for their own personal gain. Him fighting Kyoji drove that point home, and denied Rin's kill.

Nozomi continued as Rin lowered his eyes back to her sketch. He never was good at sketching or painting for that matter. Then again he hasn't really practice much of anything that wasn't jutsu this or jutsu that. Slowly, as Nozomi was explaining in short summary, Rin was becoming more convinced on what he should do. Rin lightly nods his head before remarking.

"That's twice now that Kirigakure was involved with killing the Hokages. Seems to be the trend now, but it's a shame that Tatsu fell." Memories like images appeared in his mind when Tatsu shifted from the cat into her real form. She was so worried and overwhelmed that she was pulling everything in her power to find Yui. To which Rin was really supportive as it was the first time he actually witnessed one of their Hokage at least try to bring back the kidnapped shinobi before trying to kill them like the last time. Hearing that Yui was fine brought a sigh of relief. It has been months since Rin has heard so much as a hint from Yui Kotoshura.

"Hopefully in a better shape than I am right now. Feels like I've slept like the dead, no pun intended." Rin was a bit humourous, but then remembers that Nozomi didn't handle humor well. Of course that was just from a brief exchange at Kumogakure and a few sentences at the Kirigakure Gates. Which leads up to Rin’s million ryo question.

"So what do you want me to do Nozomi?" Of course Rin is referring to what Nozomi wants to do with him now that Tatsu's deal went cold. Alternatively, he's obligated to do whatever she wants him to do. Granted in his state, Rin reckons that he'll need to spend at least a week to get back into his peak performance.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:05 am

"If I killed everyone who wanted me dead, the world would be quite a deal emptier. I'm sure some of the members of the Society want me dead too. I did come out of nowhere and become the leader above some who had been here for much longer." She shrugged. "And I suppose not wanting to kill me ended up saving your life. Had you really put everything you had into killing me, I'd probably have thought more about killing you, but you're fine. That's just on principle. I can't have people who will do anything to kill me just walking around everywhere."

Rin listened to her, occasionally adding in a comment, but mostly just listening. Until finally, he asked what would happen next. Nozomi set down her sketch pad and pencil and turned to Rin as. "I suppose that's your decision, isn't it? You're not my prisoner. I believe in personal freedom, not shackling the strong. If people want to follow it, that's their choice. The villages and their leaders use their strength to impose their will on everyone else, with no regard for loss of life of their own." Nozomi was obviously displeased by the village systems. Rin of course hadn't seen her broadcast, but if he wanted to, it was well talked about.

"The way I see it, I only want you to go to Konoha to verify that you were indeed freed. Reunite with Yui after that if you'd like. After that, the choice is yours, although the option to join the Society is on the table. Our goals in a nutshell are to keep the villages in check, and to acquire artifacts and exclusive techniques. We place an emphasis on the tools and weapons that were graced by the Sage of Six Paths and his disciples. I can help you tame the beast inside you if you join, but that's your decision. I've already formed a bond with Isobu."

Nozomi sighed. "Honiko entrusted me with the Society while she went to search for the weapon of the Lightning Disciple. She didn't concern herself with getting the cooperation of the nations, and preferred to stay under the radar. I'm different. There's beauty in the world, and I don't want to see the villages destroy that beauty. If they won't cooperate, then they don't deserve to lead anymore."

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Nozomi's response to Rin's surprise actually made a lot of sense to him. Enemies are bound to crop up no matter what side they put themselves at. At the very least she didn't seem to be bothered much by the attack at Kirigakure. Perhaps she already struck back? How long was he out for? Questions that he could ask, but probably best for later.

"I suppose so, but if I'm going to be honest here I regret not siding with you back there. Had I known everyone would leave me behind and practically cut me down for their own selfish benefit I probably would at least just stay out of the fight." Memories of that giant cage of battling Kyoji and Menza came to mind. How everyone either stayed underground or just walked off. Perhaps he did bring it upon himself, and Rin wanted to present his reasoning. However he was never given the chance nor the time to explain himself. Because Akihiro instigated that ridiculous excuse of a fight, Rin was out of time. Then proceeded to leave Rin to rot if it wasn't for Nozomi's intervention. Alas, Rin recalled that Nozomi mentioned that Tatsu made a deal with Nozomi in order to secure Rin's life and Yui's as well.

When the teen asked what she would like for him to do, she puts down her sketch and pen before turning to face him. Expressing that he can whatever he wants as he is not a prisoner here. That's a rare occurrence as rarely does anyone, Rin discovered, do anything out of good faith. Not without some kind of personal interest involved mixed with greed. Especially if a deal such as this went cold because one of them perished, Rin figured at least in Konohagakure that he would be held accountable until payment is secured. Nozomi talking about the villages and their leaders imposing their will onto others while disregarding life that's not of their own. Again Rin is reminded of some leaders. Even fought one of them, and they were supposed to be allies with Konohagakure. In the end, everyone was out for themselves. When things get tough, their colors truly shows as Rin discovered in each major battle.

"Then it'll be my freedom. However I won't be joining your Society technically…" Rin responded after hearing what Nozomi was saying. He noticed that his hair has grown longer, a bit too long and unkempt. Reminds him that he'll need to get a haircut soon as his hair is like a dark mane falling past his shoulders right now. Focusing his attention back to Nozomi, Rin continued.

"More specifically, I'll join you. Truthfully I don't enjoy the thought of returning to Konohagakure, but I'll go there solely for Yui. After that, I will follow you and you alone." Rin stated as there was weight in his words. Confidence in the severity like they're paths. Truthfully he's tired of risking his life, but really it was because he felt used by Akihiro like a pawn. Rin has Kurama for sure, but Rin was making a point not to use his power. It went against what Rin was trying to protect Kurama from, and so they were swept into a political conflict. Hence is why he normally won't align himself with an organization who seeks to only abuse the bijuu. However, Rin trusts Nozomi a lot more than he has faith in three major nation's combined.

"Hopefully it doesn't come down to that point, but I prefer letting the planet heal than letting some tyrant conquer everything." Agreeing with Nozomi as his mind calculates some factors. How he needs to start working into getting back in shape and maybe get this hand fixed. Whether it is done through mechanical or limb regeneration. Either way Rin reckons that he'll need to work up the money first. Perhaps he can find some kind of work around here to get himself started. Killing two birds with one stone as it were.

"I do have another question though, what day is it?" Rin asked as it was a minor one and less important. Although there was a reason behind it other than wanting to know what the date is.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:59 am

"You didn't join me then, but you are now, so it's all the same to me really. Truthfully, I don't care if you're a Society member or not. If you follow me, then you follow the Society." Nozomi accepted that Rin wasn't going to follow the Society, but she was the leader, so really him being loyal to her was basically the same thing, so it didn't really matter. If he attacked a member of the Society, he would be punished accordingly, the same as anyone else. But more importantly, he was joining her of his own volition, which was important.

Rin only had a question on the date, and Nozomi obliged, giving him the day that it was. He'd been out for a month or so, which was a decent length of time to be sure. "I did promise Menza that I'd find an Otsutsuki. I don't really need assistance with it, but if you have any information on them, or where best to find one, I'd appreciate the help with that. Hard to find specific people without information and you've proven to be good at finding information. No real time limit on this, just 'as soon as I can in a timely manner'."

Nozomi smiled. "So, I'm thinking that I'm mostly going to be going around and collecting techniques and artifacts personally, while also making sure the nations relinquish control over minor nations that were unjustly conquered. Force may be required on that. And then, other than that, recruitment of people that may benefit the Society. More people makes my job easier."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:07 pm