Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Off for a Walk

Oda
    Oda

Village : Minor Nation

Off for a Walk - Page 2 Empty Re: Off for a Walk

Post by Oda Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:54 pm

Oda would let her check his skalp. Finding blood in his hair but no wound could be seen. Not even an angry welt from her blow. If anything he looked perfectly fine. He would smile as she began to inquire further. He would move to collect his sword. Planting the wooden stick into the snow as he strapped it to his back. The weapon as tall as he was looked almost humorous if she did not just recently see his ability to use it. He would remain quiet as he prepared before he glanced to her with a soft smile. "I would have thought you would have had more questions about the difference in my eyes. We can talk as we walk. I do not seek to walk home in the dark after all." He would nod to her fur clothing as if insisting that they continue and she redress. He would move back to the road and adjust his collar and cuffs slightly. Keeping himself tidy even if he couldn't remove the spot of blood from the back of his hair. Still if he returned to his village just at dusk it was unlikely anyone could notice before he had a chance to bathe.

If she joined him he would continue to walk quietly a moment as he seemed to mull over in his mind just what to say. It was a good couple of minutes as they walked before he spoke. His pearl white eyes looking around himself as he did. It appeared this was not common knowledge to everyone which benefited him heavily. "A couple hundred years ago my clan was infamous as the immortal warriors of the shogun at the time. A handful of us could rush the enemy ranks of an army and come out victorious. It was said no wound could stop us. Our blades conquered his enemies and left a river of blood in our wake. However it was one member of our clan that discovered her blood could be injected into her lover to save his life from a grievous wound. Thus began the downfall of my clan. Why bother having warriors no one could kill if you could have blood slaves and gain a form of immortality yourself? Our clan was hunted down and enslaved for this purpose by warlords and even the shogun they served in a play for power until none of us knew freedom anymore. For well over a hundred years this was our reality. It is only very recently for us, a mere few decades since we freed ourselves and faded into obscurity. Fear of being enslaved once more ruling us. It is why the villagers and my sister doubt my wish to be part of the world again."

Renown:
    Ryo: 670,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
      Constitution: B
      Stamina: S
      Speed: C
      Coordination: B
      Intelligence: D
      Perception:  B

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3725-hinode-oda
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Katon, Kenjutsu, Iryojutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: My only wealth is Aihi

Post by Kiyoko Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Kiyoko realized her error at Oda’s first comment. She’d often been accused of overlooking personal details, and those accusations were not incorrect. She was awkward at the best of times, and now that she was having to deal with more people she would have to make a greater effort to interact with others in the proper and expected manner. “My apologies Lord Oda, I was too concerned with the error I felt I had made in injuring you, I did not mean to be rude. Please tell me of your eyes. Do you have a dojutsu of some kind? I would say I do not mean to pry, but that would disingenuous, as clearly I am prying.” She would smile awkwardly, attempting to lighten her words as they were not meant to offend. Though so far the man had proven impossible to offend, and it was unlikely that anything she did would create a problem. Especially given that she had already cracked the man's head open and he’d come away practically laughing. “I would very much prefer to not walk in the dark as well, my eyesight is fine, but I’m less than adequate in the darkness.”

She would follow suit as Oda reclaimed his weapon and began walking on. She would reattach her sword to her waist and don the fur coat, taking care to place the flowered crown back on her dark hair. It was a simple gesture from the young princess, but it was one she would hold with her always. The kindness of strangers was a new and precious thing to Kiyoko and she wanted to treasure the gift. She would listen closely to Oda’s words, his manner displaying an amount of secrecy that she gave her full respect. His stories of his clan and their abilities were astounding, the idea that only a handful of warriors could take on whole armies and live was not something Kiyoko had ever heard of before. When he spoke of their abilities being transferred through blood infusions that she understood the fear and the hiding. As a practitioner of the medical arts she knew full well what that meant. It would be an easy task to create an entire army with only a few of his clan. She would shake her head in disgust at the thought of his people being bound and used as nothing more than drugs to fuel violence. “I understand now Lord Oda. And rest assured that all you have told me will die with me unspoken. I do not wish for you to fear or suffer, nor your people. I thank you for the trust you have shown me so far, and while you do not know me or how much my word is worth, I vow on my life to never betray that trust. Your people are strong. You are strong. Together we can see that strength, that safety restored to your clan. I would have the Hinode live on in peace, nurtured and without fear.” She would place her hand solemnly on the blade of her sword as she made her vow, knowing exactly what she had just promised him.

The Diplomat:
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Oda would smile as they began to walk and she spoke as if she was nervous. He wondered idly if he was so unnaturally calm that he came across as a bit cold. It had simply been part of his education to practice patience and understanding when speaking. And to speak plainly when he could. Still they would walk as the village began to come into sight on the horizon and he finished explaining the Hinode's history to her. She seemed rather touched by their troubles and even angry at the injustice. Pledging to protect them and hold their secret. He watched her touch her blade as if to ensure as much. She had made a pledge now and he was sure she would keep it. However the question of his eyes and if they held any power made him cast his eyes away. He had encouraged her about asking as a joke but now he had to admit to his own shame. For such a calm and honest man for shame to cross his face so openly must seem odd. He would take a breath though as he spoke humbly while they walked. Avoiding making eye contact as he stared straight ahead with pearl white eyes.

"Ahh my eyes...I am afraid there is no hidden power there. But it is the reason I wished to practice with sticks rather than with our actual blades. Beyond the dangers of practicing with actual steel of course. I do have a flaw to my personality it would seem. I lose control of my calm once I draw my blade and the heat you feel coming off of me grows ever warmer. My eyes turn red and I become a savage out for blood. I do not wish to draw my blade unless I seek to kill the one I am fighting. My clan members have taken to calling me Ifrit because of it. An ancient spirit of fire by name. As such I do not draw my blade lightly. Ever."

They would arrive at the gates and he would pause there. Glancing up to the massive construction. What had been a mere outpost months ago had become so much more. A proper village now and even now was expanding ever further. His pearl whites would take it in as he folded his hands in front of himself and took pause to look upon it. Soon the Hinode would be a part of this. Soon they would rejoin society and he smiled considering his people happily joining society once more. It was his fathers dream and his dream as well. He was truly afraid of them failing. Of the world taking their freedom away once more. However he also knew he would fight an army of men before he let that happen. A glance to her reassured him she would stand by him. As would this shogun. This Iron nation would be what brought them back up to their rightful place. For now though he would turn back to her and bow his head.

"This is where we part ways I fear. I will come visit the village soon in search of ways to earn enough ryo to build such a compound. When I do I hope I can visit you again. If you will have me within your home."

Renown:
    Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3725-hinode-oda
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Character File

Post by Kiyoko Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:52 am

Kiyoko saw the sideways glance as she asked Oda about his eyes. She worried that perhaps she shouldn’t have asked after all, until he began explaining the story behind his eyes changing and the name his people gave him as a result. She would nod to show she was listening, noting that he did not look at her as he explained. She wanted to ask more, but his manner made the waters muddy and she didn’t want to risk offending him. Instead she would speak without judgement. “Thank you for sharing that with me. You would be a fierce warrior within my clan, as I am sure you are within yours.” Having sparred with the man she was certain that he was a formidable warrior, she was also secretly grateful that he had chosen to use sticks rather than weapons. His abilities were curious and she wasn’t sure that she completely understood what he was capable of, but she knew that if the two were to truly clash that even if she came out victorious it would not be without paying a heavy price.

As they reached the gates of Tetsumura Kiyoko found that she was enjoying Oda’s company and it was with regret that she turned to wish him well as he spoke of parting ways. “There is plenty of work to be done that pays well enough, I am certain that we can find something suited to your skills. And you are always welcome in my home, I have most enjoyed your company and look forward to being able to repay your kindness. it has been an honour to meet you Lord Oda.” She would remove her flower crown and hold it in one hand as she would bow respectfully to the white haired clan leader only rising when he either returned the bow or took his leave.

The Diplomat:
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:16 pm

She would continue to speak honeyed words and he would smile. Once she bowed her head he would do so in return just as formally. It wasn't that he didn't wish to step within the gates but for the time being he needed to return to his clan. He was close to the funds he needed to create a clan compound for his family as was but soon he would do a couple more missions and take that pay to ensure a future for his people. As for the moment she was the only outsider he knew of that knew the location of his clan. Still he would speak up in return to her farewell. His voice as soft and calm as always. "It has been an honor to meet you as well lady Kiyoko. I do so look forward to our next meeting. Until then I wish a thousand blessings on your house." He would raise his head finally and smile once more before turning away from her. He looked so young but perhaps now she saw the wisdom beyond his years he tried to carry. He did not see his clan as a burden but rather something he was bound to in a good light. A brighter future under him.

He would leave her behind at the gates and walk back to admire the scenery once more. It had been a significant hike and time spent that they had enjoyed together so it was just before the sun beginning to set when he managed to return to his clan. Moving to his own home and walking onto the front porch. His old man still sitting out front and smoking on his pipe. Only pausing as they locked eyes. A simple inquiry from the old man was spoken. "Are you sure you can trust her?" To which Oda would pause at the door before speaking in return. His hand resting on the frame. "No, but I can't think of anyone better for the clans future impressions of others. We have to try and rejoin society or we will fall to complete ruin. We are one harvest dying to famine from our clan suffering loss again. It's time we stopped scraping by and became our true potential. She will help us father." With a nod from the old man Oda would move inside and remove his shoes before going to prepare a bath. His day ending.

20 posts
    exit thread

Renown:
    Stats:

Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Character File

Post by Kiyoko Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:22 am

Kiyoko bowed and rose as Oda bowed in return. This type of formality was something that Kiyoko was used to, and it put her at ease. She could understand rules and laws and discipline. Outside of those constraints she floundered like a fish on land. Despite her awkwardness she had high hopes for the future of the Hinode Clan within Tetsumura. All that remained was what she had promised, and as she stood at the gate and watched as the white haired man faded into the distant darkening sky that promise fell heavily on her shoulders. Placing the crown of flowers back on her head she would turn and nod to the guards posted, making her way back inside the village to start fulfilling her vow.

{Exit Thread}

The Diplomat:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am