Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback}

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: A lot
    Class: S
    Ryo: Enough

Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback} Empty Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback}

Post by Diana Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:48 pm

Diana was tired. It had been one week since she had the seal applied to her back, the voice of Nue having filled her soul with a fear she held for just one person. Six days since Diana had dealt the final blow to the beast, the memory of that beheading still in the forefront of her mind. Five days since Irene was permanently brought online, her original purpose as well as her siblings no longer needed for the job at hand. Three days since she had met with that Aburame cook, his food having brought forth memories and techniques from her past she had once tried to bury. Two days from having an existential crisis at the fact she didn't know who she was anymore; again. One day since she resolved herself once more, having more important duties to those that were alive in the here and now.

It was now thirty minutes until she had to meet with Councilor Chen, of whom she did not like, but had made an agreement with. For nearly the past year she had been keeping with his agreement, making sure to not reveal any of it to the public. Those that did know had a modified Curse Tongue seal on them so that they wouldn't be able to reveal the black budget works, and those who didn't have the seal on them were those Diana could trust till the end of her days. Currently, Diana was making her way to the Tsuchikage Complex, followed by Titania and Irene. While they were all attending for the report that was going to be given to Chen, Diana still had to deliver the monthly report of her clans, Titania had been requested to file some forms in regards to Iwatomic's public business expenses, and Irene there to learn from Titania in case something happened to the both of them; hence hence the three of them arriving early.

Checking in with Chen's secretary after Diana had dropped off her clan reports, she'd wait for her two companions to finish up their own work while she waited for the appointed meeting time, pulling out a trashy romance novel and paging through it. Tired, stressed, or even on the brink of passing out, they were just one of those thing that helped calm her mind whenever she needed to pass the time.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback} Empty Re: Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback}

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:47 pm

"Councilor Chen" sat at his desk much like he did the last time Diana came to see him. Ordinarily his mind would have been occupied with Earthly thing and concerns, but nowadays he saw things in a more divine light. He couldn't explain what had changed, at least not in precise terms. He knew it had to do with his father and the black substance that he had touched back on the Emporium. It was driving him to a specific goal. A goal that he had always held in his heart but had suppressed for most of his life. It would come out eventually and when it did thousands would pay the price. Chen was drafting up plans to achieve this goal when he received word that Diana was coming to see him.

To collect her winnings no doubt...

He had heard what she had done. He wasn't easily impressed, but then again, felling a giant Bijuu wasn't exactly a small potatoes feat. He wasn't sure if he had seen the decapitation of the Indaina Kujira with his own eyes but from the way it was described, it had occured at the hands of some gigantic ape beast. If Diana had that kind of firepower at her side then she'd be an even greater ally than he could have hoped for. It thus behooved the Diarch to give her what she would likely request at this meeting. He wouldn't fawn over her but he saw no harm in letting her know what she had done was good for the country as a whole. He had broken Mitsu but he could leave nothing to chance. He'd need her in his corner when worst came to worst. Rather than keeping her waiting like last time, Chen motioned for his secretary to wave her in and the appointed time. He folded his hands and looked her in the eye the moment she stepped through.

"The so-called Hero of the Shinobi World graces me with her presence" he said with a sarcastic grin. Diana might notice there was something off about Chen this time. The normally gothic looking teen had a more haggard appearance with black bags under his eyes. It was as if he hadn't slept in days.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: A lot
    Class: S
    Ryo: Enough

Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback} Empty Re: Diplomatic Distinctions & Discussions {Flashback}

Post by Diana Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:26 pm

When the time had come, all three women convened and entered, Titania on Diana's left and Irene on her right. Before even entering Diana had activated her sensory once more, as was now standard whenever she came to meet with Chen. She still did not trust him, not one inch, but he had stuck to his end of the deal so far, and she had on her end.

"Indeed, that does seem to be what SHIRA and the public has decided to call me. I have even heard people saying that I should become a Kage; not that I have a desire to of course, Muramatsu Shin is a more appropriate leader then I when it comes to a village." She would give a grin mirroring his own. She still did not enjoy the title, but it was a tool just like anything else, just one that required more handling then she would have preferred.

Even as Irene and Titania stood in the room with Diana and the councilman, they could all feel the uneasy respect one had for the another, though as to how much was for personality or for power, they were unsure. "First and foremost, I will keep our monthly Iwatomics report brief. Irene, if you would." Irene would pull out a few scrolls and place it on Chen's desk containing the four derivates she had made before stepping back to Diana's right once more. "Several proof of concept techniques have been refined enough that I am comfortable handing them over for Iwagakure use. Project Chameleon is still giving us trouble, and as such I do not feel it is ready for shinobi use."

Diana took a quick breath before continuing. "In addition, I have decided as clan leader that any non-Kotōshura Iwagakure Jounin or above may be allowed to request access for the application of the Iwagakure Kinjutsu technique onto themselves if they desire. If they wish to learn the technique they will need to request access directly from me. This will be reflected in next month's report."

"That concludes the monthly report." She'd relax into a parade rest. "Which leads me into the remaining exclusives and the recent fame I have received." Her face and voice took on a more serious tone to it. "I will be honest, I do not believe with my new status that I will be able to stay publicly affiliated with just Iwagakure, as it would be seen as favoritism and could provoke the other nations into rekindling old hatred despite the presence of SHIRA. As such, I plan to travel to the other villages, both to request some of their exclusives as well as to expand Iwatomic's business."

Diana pulled out another scroll, this time a request fourm Titania had gotten for her earlier. "Because of this, in addition to the Iwagakure exclusives, I wish to also access the Sunagakure Exclusives for Iwatomics Incorperated, as well as temporary access to the Treasured Tools while within Iwagakure's walls for a personal matter. And I wish to have these requests on as public record as is reasonably possible, as while our previous agreement worked for the time, with myself in the spotlight it I am sure Tsuchikage Shin would look into our previous deal if we kept all of this black budget."

She'd sigh, willingly showing some weakness. "I do not know how far my title as 'Hero of the Shinobi World' will carry this plan, but it is my hope that by doing this we will not only be able to prepare in the case Iwagakure was invaded, but to also reduce the risk of an attack in the first place. We still do not know who created the Idaina Kujira, but as long as they are an unknown, I have a duty to make sure that they will not be able to harm this land, as do you as a councilman."

Sensory; -0.5 CP

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:22 am

Chen bristled at the mention of Diana becoming Tsuchikage. He didn't particularly care for the position, but he couldn't help but interpret her statement as some kind of veiled threat. The implication being that if Chen failed to give her what she wanted, she had the political clout to simply take it. The only thing that annoyed him more than her insolence was the fact that she was right. Diana's popularity had skyrocketed after her decapitation for the Beast and if she had a mind to, she could possibly challenge Shin who had been Chen's pick. He didn't say anything though. He'd let her continue until he saw a reason to interject.

Diana's aide provided documents on the status of Iwatomics R&D. The fungus possessed shinobi opened up the scrolls and scanned their contents. Through the power of the Ethereum blockchain, Chen was smarter than when Diana had last met him. The bagged eyes flew across the page as he fully internalized the information within the ledgers. He looked up at Diana when she announced that she would be opening up the exclusive technique formerly known as the Iwagakure Kinjutsu. Chen raised an eyebrow at this new development. On one hand, he could see it as a positive. If Iwa-Nin could once more access the technique then it would only make for a stronger military. But on the other hand, he could see it as an attempt to exert more influence over the village. It would give her leverage should she ever want more from him or his office. Chen once more said nothing though. He was content to nod in understanding as he returned his gaze to the paperwork.

When Diana announced her plans to become a wandering shinobi, he looked at her with cold eyes. This talk of "favoritism" did not sit well with him. Iwa was her village and therefore supposed to be her "favorite." The kunoichi was talking total nonsense as far as he was concerned. He had allowed her to experiment with some of Iwa's most sacred techniques and now she was talking about working for the benefit of other nations. Despite the absurdity of her plan, he maintained a stone-faced expression.

Diana's desire to make their deal public wasn't necessarily troublesome. At this point, Shin was now the ultimate leader of the village. He could choose to declassify this information if he wished. Chen could claim credit for starting it, but it would be foolish to try and wrest oversight from the Kage himself. Additionally, Chen no longer saw Mitsu as a threat to his power base either. She was utterly neutralized which meant that she could not interfere with his control over the program. The final part of her statement made the most sense. Perhaps she was trying to work for Iwa's interests by extending the influence of her company. If the nations of the world were reliant on Iwatomics in the same way other countries had come to depend on the Stag Emporium then it could boost Iwa's national security profile. The matter of the Indaina Kujira was curious but as Chen understood it the prime suspect was of course the Society.

"I do not need you to remind me of my duty Diana. I do need you to remind me exactly why I gave you the exclusives in the first place. I wasn't under the impression that you'd be galivanting around the world and making friendships with other countries. Favortism? You should have no other favorite than this village...and if you don't then why on Earth would I give you the Suna Exclusives? You're work thus far has been acceptable but if it will be to benefit our rivals then I think maybe we've reached the logical conclusion to our agreement."

The pushback was severe and possibly unexpected, but it was necessary. Chen did not like the idea of Diana getting too close to foreign nations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:07 pm