Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

An Arming Request

Takashi Yamamoto
    Takashi Yamamoto

Village : N/A

An Arming Request Empty An Arming Request

Post by Takashi Yamamoto Sat May 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Takashi’s travels would lead him to a place that he himself had never seen before. A city floating over a large cove found along Land of Sky. The cove was defended on multiple sides by mountains and that meant it made a great place defensively. Takashi had boarded the floating city, wary, but seemingly welcome to do so. Aboard it people were moving through the hustle and bustle of everyday activity. Some aspects of the shops and such showed evidence of recent repair. Hell some of the newly finished shops had pictures next to the door with small candles next to them. An old tradition of honoring the dead in some parts of Kishin.

So many of the people were in mourning, or at least weren’t allowing themselves to forget something. Takashi had heard of the Indaina Kujira attack, everyone had. He’d thought the city had been destroyed but clearly it had been repairable. Moving toward the tower in the center of the place he searched for the man that most probably the reason this city had risen from its wreckage and back into the sky.

He entered the tower to find a receptionist, busily working away at her tasks and she looked up when he entered and smiled at him professionally. “Good morning sir, do you have an appointment?” She would ask, her tone and demeanor polite and businesslike. “I do not, but I saw the broadcast and wanted to see about hiring Mr. Okane to craft a weapon. My name is Takashi Yamamoto” He would ask, his own tone polite. She would nod and gesture toward some seating as she spoke. “Please take a seat while I see if Mr. Okane is available.” She would say. He would nod and sit down. Should he be invited up he would move into the elevator and ride it to wherever floor directed before exiting to meet with the man himself.

[1]

Renown: 2,000
    Ryo: 0
    Stats:
    • Strength: E
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: S++
    • Coordination: C
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: B

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Okane
    Okane

An Arming Request Empty Re: An Arming Request

Post by Okane Fri May 19, 2023 4:18 pm

The secretary would set about checking her notes for appointments and busying herself. The tower itself was bustling with employee activity. Each of them in a formal looking suit with the stag symbol on the back. There were citizens from the land of sky here and there but most everyone in the tower appeared to be an employee. Though the security team was more evident with their hardened stares. A rank npc and all. Still they kept to themselves and simply watched for any issues coming to light. Okane had been kidnapped before and still had enemies so he was looking to keep security tight. Still this was a marvel that had taken the world before. However it had fallen once. Now each person worked together to keep it whole again. Still it would be a few minutes of waiting. He would be offered bottled water by another employee while he waited and one of the other crafters would even see if they could help him with something instead. However upon learning of the quality that Takashi was after they would seem to be nervous and apologize. It would be about ten minutes in total before he would be called up.

"Head on up now. Prince Okane is just wrapping up with a meeting. He should be ready to receive a customer shortly."

The elevator had an attendant in it. However armed as he was. A member of the security team who was tasked with putting in a key for the lift. Allowing them access to the top floor where Okane was. The guard himself was silent though for the ride. Only the elevator broadcast of any recent news could be heard. Weather reports and the founding of a new mine. Mostly business related news on a little tv in the wall of the elevator. Still it would ding once they reached the top floor after what would feel like a significant amount of time. Here four more guards stood ready. Two on either side of a long hall with a pair of doors at the end of it. As if on que those doors would open to usher out several business men with folders. A voice like silk on the ears could be heard behind them as they would make their way to the elevator.

"I made you rich men before gentlemen. Inviting people to my land was always the plan...trust me and I will make you even richer."

Once the men were gone the doors would be left open. One of the guards would nod for Takashi to go on in. Still the office was something beyond the imagination of most. One wall was entirely transparent with a waterfall flowing through it casting a rippling light across the room. The office was spacious with a closed door off to one side and a pool built into the deck high above the streets below. A walkway with a set of tables for tea time at the end of the platform. Umbrellas were closed at the moment but could be opened to provide poolside shade. The floor was marble and polished with a fireplace on the opposite side from the doorway leading to his bedroom. The walls and pillars were white and roman style while his desk was a solid dune glass design. Two black chairs with metal legs sat on one side of the wide desk with a comfortable looking black office chair behind it. the windows surrounding the office created a beautiful view of the city below with clouds drifting by just below the offices height. Here Okane resided in the heavens.

Still he would be found behind the desk pouring himself a glass of scotch from a crystal bottle. The scent of it an inviting honey smell. Okane himself was in an all black suit with pressed slacks and a vest with a royal purple tie. All of it fitted to him perfectly down to his shiny pointed dress shoes. His hair was thick but slicked back with a forked beard for facial hair. Golden eyes would shift to his guest a moment before he smiled. At the very least Okane was a very handsome man. Still he would speak again. One might suspect him of using genjutsu with how soothing his voice was.

"Ahh welcome welcome. As you likely guessed I am Okane. I understand your name is Takashi Yamamoto yes? And I am told you have something you want built. I applaud you for arriving before the auction jacks up prices. Please come in and have a seat. Would you like a drink?"

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Takashi Yamamoto
    Takashi Yamamoto

Post by Takashi Yamamoto Fri May 26, 2023 8:52 am

He was offered water; another craftsman that worked for Okane would even try to see if he could help him instead. He declined both, an inherent desire to not be a bother at the forefront of his mind. Takashi was confident in his own capabilities, but socially he was somewhat nervous and awkward. The scale of the Emporium alone had boggled the mind and now he was in the tower meant to house, or at least provide a workplace, for the man who had made it all.

It didn’t really matter that the water bottle was such a small thing. Takashi did not want to feel like he owed anything. When it came to the man that was trying to see if he could help Takashi instead he would find the Mist shinobi open to the idea. However the man would excuse himself nervously as Takashi explained what he was after. Apparently only Okane could handle things of certain quality. Given the obvious evidence of his prowess in creation that was probably to be expected.

After about ten minutes he would be ushered into an elevator and Takashi would ride to the top. The guard within was quiet, and simply performed his duty. As would be expected, Takashi kept to himself, hands at his sides as he waited for the elevator to rise. From what he knew, Okane had been kidnapped for a long time. It would only stand to reason that his security team would probably be very nervous about anyone. So Takashi made sure not to make any threatening movements.

When the elevator reached the top he moved out as a pair of double doors opened and a group of men seemingly in a hurry to get someone came out. A refined voice following them as they left. With that Takashi would be nodded in and he would enter. Just inside he would pause, looking around. The finery was certainly something that he was not used to. Everything within seemed to make a declarative statement in its own right that the man whose office this was was rich beyond measure. In many peoples rich offices or homes there might be some things that did not cry it out to all who saw. Here? Everything, from the floor, to the desk, to the pool, to the windows, everything, made that same declaration. ‘He should name this room the ‘Ostentatiatory’’ He thought to himself with a small smile. It wasn’t a joke made in meanness, simply an internal observation that helped ground him out from the richness of everything in the room.

Well, everything except him of course.

Behind the desk was a man with thick, slicked back hair, a forked beard, a black suit and royal purple tie, all of it fitted flawlessly and golden eyes. Said golden eyes looked to Takashi, in his simple blue and white yukata with black undershirt, white hair, and gray eyes. Takashi gave a small bow in greeting as Okane expressed his welcome and offered him a drink. Given he had declined a water bottle earlier for the reason that he did not wish to appear as a mooch, he was certainly not about to accept a probably more expensive drink now. Oh, and there was also that thin about a shinobi needing to be paranoid about poisons and such.

“No thank you Mr. Okane, I find myself not thirsty.” He would begin, holding up a hand in polite declination. “I heard about the auction and came to you immediately. I wished to purchase a weapon from you, for one whom I hope to make a student of mine.” He would say, smiling politely. “I’m afraid I find myself new to this however and am somewhat at a loss for what comes next. Might I ask you to guide me? I know it’s beneath you, but as I have no experience commissioning equipment you’re the only one I could ask.” He would say, a small chuckle escaping his lips at the end. Takashi tended to buy his clothes off the rack, eat at cheap restaurants and all of his equipment had either been given to him or simply bought off the shelf. He had no experience when it came to communicating needs to a crafter.

He had a sketch of course, he was somewhat of a talented artist and had remembered the look of Touka’s scythe. He wanted her to have a weapon that would be as simple to acclimate to as possible. However he was not aware if it was appropriate to simply ‘whip it out’ for a man that could possibly find it insulting. Takashi, of course, did not want to insult anyone. Of course with that sketch he also had money, and should be able to afford the weapon, hell he hoped to leave a tip. Although he wondered if it would be insulting to the man. One could never tell with the rich and talented and if he took the extra payment as an insult then the Mist shinobi did not actually know how he would respond.

[2]

Stats:

Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sat May 27, 2023 5:14 pm

Okane would finish pouring himself a drink and place the cork back in the crystal container. The honey colored liquid settling in both the bottle and the glass. He would pick up his cup and bring it up to his nose before inhaling softly and smiling. A small swirl of his cup before he took a sip as he listened. His golden eyes peeking over the edge of the glass before he moved to his desk. This one was formal for the time being. At least he wasn't flexing his power in some way. Still there was a glance to the door. He was nervous around shinobi so occasionally his gaze gave him away. He was mentally checking to know where his guards were. Still there was no need for them at the moment and he preferred his business be conducted with a bit of confidentiality. He would listen to the young mans words before his steps carried him casually to the desk. Settling into his seat with the sky to his back as he smiled. Setting the cup down on a coaster before settling back into his seat. Letting the drink sit and settle before he may continue to sip it later.

Still the young man seemed to be here on business for not himself but a student of his. Normally Okane would suggest the man buy some lower quality gear for a student and let them earn up to something he would make. However Kirigakure was a significant travel distance and he did not seek to be rude to customers. Instead he would hear him out. One leg would cross his right ankle over his left knee and folding his hands in his lap. Okane appeared rather comfortable and in his element here. Those eyes seemed to study and pry at every detail about the young man. His clothing style....any blemishes be it dirt or tiny tears. The condition of his hair and skin. All of it was being collected as data to Okane. Reading the young man as he listened. So it was his first time shopping at this level? Well that was to be expected. He hadn't been able to contact Kara since returning which likely meant there were not many like him in the world at the moment. He wished her well but likely this would be new to many people who would seek him out.

Still the request to guide him would be an interesting phrase. A customer that wasn't sure what they wanted? This may require he delve a little deeper. Still he would raise a hand to indicate a seat across from him. Nodding to it with a polite smile as he spoke. Some said there was genjutsu at work with Okanes words but that simply wasn't true. His tone was practiced to be smooth and comforting. Easy on the ears and soothing to the soul.

"First, please Mr. Yamamoto have a seat. It makes me nervous when people stand while discussing business. Secondly I suppose the first question is what are you looking for and what's your budget? I can do a considerable amount for you but this item for your student....it should suit them. We also have a stock of items I can craft for you already predesigned here. What it's made out of and what I am making is all based on this information. That said traveling out this far and spending a great deal on a student is fascinating to me. Do you feel they are already suited to such a weapon? I would prefer my creations not in the hands of fools."

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Takashi Yamamoto
    Takashi Yamamoto

Post by Takashi Yamamoto Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 am

Okane would ask him to sit down and Takashi would oblige, settling into the chair and seeming to relax a bit. The man would continue by asking him what he was looking for and his budget. He would then explain that he had quite a few premade designs that he could use. However he apparently found that Takashi traveling so far and spending so much on a student was fascinating. Asking him if he felt they would be suited to such a weapon. That his creations not be in the hands of fools.

Takashi would take a moment to consider that before speaking. “It’s impossible to control whos hands your creations get into. That’s the very nature of a creator who sells such things. Weapons, armor, fascinating items that can be both used for good and ill. Who’s to say I won’t be killed on my return trip and the weapon you’d make be taken by a bandit, then used to rob and kill people? No one can control it to such a fine degree.” He would begin, once he had finished that statement he would slowly draw the Nuibari at his hip out and lay it on the table.

“What I know, is the one I would call my student had been rewarded for her trust with this weapon. An Artifact of Kirigakure itself, she found the weapon did not suit her. It does however suit me. She agreed to give it to me, in exchange for me obtaining her a weapon that suits her. She took to a scythe much more naturally, and I sketched what her current one looks like. I would like it to look the same if possible. If obviously with a much higher quality and made of better materials. My budget for it is 400,000, which I have with me.” He would explain, fully delving into the honesty of the situation. When he mentioned the sketch he would reach into his yukata and pull out the sketch, folded of course. He was a fairly good artist, and so the sketch would, theoretically, look quite good. If Okane wished to inspect Nuibari he would be weapon to do so. However Takashi was happy with the weapon and would not wish it modified.

[3]

The Approved Scythe:

Stats:

Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Tue May 30, 2023 1:30 am

Okane would smile as he sat back with his drink in hand. He would let his golden eyes study the young man before him even as he considered his words about fools. Speaking plainly about the downfall of the statement. Truly it was a paradox. If he sold to someone who would so easily be murdered he had sold to a fool. If someone knew where to grab something of such value and could pull it off....were they fools? If they sold it they could be rid of something valuable and live comfortably for some time. If they kept it they could use it against targets in the future and increase their chances of success in a profession they were clearly already skilled at. The idea there was that the strong were right. Not a good policy to keep in mind but certainly when dealing with outside parties. Still he would sip his drink as he enjoyed the flavor. Setting down the empty drink now as he smiled warmly.

"That you can see such a conundrum I personally think makes you not a fool. I commend you good sir. "

Okane would let his eyes fall entirely upon the Nuibari though. He could see with a skilled eye the artifact laid out before him. So famous for being so simple in design. His hand would twitch before he made himself remain calm and collected. He would calmly lean forward and pick up the weapon laid out before him and examine it. Part of him hoped he would be asked to modify a second of the seven swords of the mist. However it was not the case....simply an example of the quality expected of him. He couldn't hide his disappointment as his racing mind stopped making modifications to the weapon. Setting it down as it was gently. As if wishing to be rid of a failed potential lover. Still he would pout slightly before picking up the sketch. A simpler weapon than he had hoped....he could have even worked the Nuibari into the design of that weapon. Still he would glance up to his client before back to the paper. Finally setting it back on the desk between them. Folding his hands once more. A slight smile on his face but a clear difference from before he had held the Nuibari. Speaking in return.

"The material I offer for my S rank grade creations is as durable as any other metal you may find. I assure you. The design you are asking for would be crafted entirely from midnight ore. Given extra time I could even add to the design. Make it collapse and unfold with a simple gesture. Such a bulky weapon would be easier on the wielder if it had a transport form. As for the cost of such a weapon...I would throw the additional function in for free so two hundred and fifty thousand Ryo and time would be the cost of it. For the additional function it would take two weeks. As it sits....one week."

Stats:

Takashi Yamamoto
    Takashi Yamamoto

Post by Takashi Yamamoto Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:57 pm

Takashi would sit and listen as the man spoke of the material, and even offering an extra capability into it that would make it more concealable. He considered that for a few moments before shaking his head simply. “Just as it sits thank you.” He would say with a smile. Reaching forward and retrieving the Nuibari he would put it on his hip once more before raising his eyebrows in curiosity. “If I may ask a potentially delicate question Mr. Okane? What happened back during the Indaina Kujira fight? Reports all say you were around right before but disappeared. Current speculation had been that you had either been killed and your body eradicated, or captured with no evidence of where you were taken.” He would ask, the tone simply curious.

All in all the man had been gone for roughly two years. That was a long time to be gone only to appear on everyone’s TV screens. Takashi wasn’t highly enough placed to have all the information, or much of any really considering how important Okane had been, would probably be again for that matter, but even he had heard rumors from captains on ships in the harbor about the old Wreckage of the Emporium, the shattered wreck that had been left drifting in the sea, was being repaired.

Now to find out that it was Okane himself was, surprising, to say the least.

As he spoke he removed the scroll with his Ryo in it and set it on the desk between them. Okane had told him 250,000. However Takashi came intending to pay 400,000, he would consider the extra 150,000 a tip and hopefully that would not offend Okane either. Still he would speak of it to clarify. “The scroll holds 400,000, I would like the extra 150,000 to be a bonus if you don’t find it as insulting. Your crafting reputation precedes you, so I’m not worried of the quality of the weapon or the functionality.” He would say, fully willing to pay in advance for the weapon. The man delivered what he was hired to do, he always had.

[4]

[Paying Okane 400,000 Ryo]

Stats:

Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:00 pm

The young man would insist that the item remain as it was. It was a pity but he wouldn't push a customer away from what they wished for. The weapon was simplistic enough that it would take little effort on his part to make it. At the very least he had hoped that the weapon would be well tended to if he were to make it. That aside his eyes would shoot to meet eye contact with the customer when he was asked what happened. There was a mixture of fear and fury behind those golden eyes. For a moment it looked as if Okane was outraged. However it wasn't at his client but at the memory itself. His shoulders stiffened and he swallowed visibly. Something had him afraid and there was a reason behind his increased security. He would settle back in his chair quietly a moment. His eyes shifting to the window as if scanning the horizon. He would take a moment before collecting himself. He reminded himself he was home and safe. Still his right hand would tremble and he would pause to open his desk. Pulling out a couple of white pills before biting into them and swallowing them dry like candy.

Having finished his self prescribed medication he would take a breath and pause while the drugs kicked in. His yellow eyes seeking back out his client again before he would smile and speak once more. "My apologies....You see it was the last of those that were true. I was captured during the attack. It was little more than a distraction by the society. Their science team held me captive for years...torture both mentally and physically were common place there. I medicate myself still to prevent the panic attacks. I am sorry you had to see that but the question itself was triggering. I assure you death would have been simpler for me. Beyond what you know...beyond what the nations know...there is something far worse out there. Something I believe will be coming for our world. Something very similar to your alien princess....But I will share that information more in depth with their representatives at the auction. For now you are my focus."

His golden gaze would shift to the large sack of ryo that was sealed in a scroll and set on the table before him. To him it was substantial but by no means impressive. However he was not so wealthy that he could not see how much this may be to a shinobi salary. He had set a price and the man was going above and beyond it as a tip. He found the concept amusing but he wouldn't insult his patron. He would listen to him quietly and nod a moment before he seemed to visibly relax. The anxiety meds kicking in as he sat back in his chair with a comfortable smile. Well this was fortunate. Still he would speak up once again. His voice still like silk on the ears. If charisma was a stat he would have it as his primary.

"How very charitable of you. I can't imagine that was easy to save on a shinobi salary. Which brings me to another matter. I need capable people to help protect my nation. My investments and myself are more vulnerable than I would like and I myself am interested in learning some self defense. I am looking to negotiate with the major nations to employ their people to protect what is mine. You're precious student would be invited as well of course but...at the very least I would like to hire a more effective security team for the auction. Would this interest you? If not please...spread the word back home I am hiring."

Stats:

Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:00 pm

Okane would watch the young man feint in front of him and blink in surprise. He would frown a moment before quietly crossing the room. Lightly tapping on the young mans cheek. Upon no response he was aware of the condition being one of those coma inducing illnesses. Poor fellow he would think. Still he had provided payment and they did have a deal. However he did not know who this student was. Simply that the man was from Kiri. So he would finish his drink before having the guards collect the young man and prepare him to send off with the Scythe when it was finished.

exit thread
    5 posts = 50 exp

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:46 am