Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

In defense of Chems.

Tatts
    Tatts

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bakuton
    Class: B
    Ryo: 100

In defense of Chems. Empty In defense of Chems.

Post by Tatts Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Now it was said that Chem will never be as strong as Jutsu. So I'm here to prove them wrong.

B - Much more serious, these poisons often require immediate medical attention as they can incapacitate even seasoned Shinobi. Often ingeniously crafted by very experienced Medical Shinobi or wise craftsmen they are poisons with less critical drawbacks or less glaring flaws in their design.
    Requires B Tier Intelligence to craft.
    Price: 25,000 ryo - 45,000 ryo
    Examples: Debuff stats by six advantages | Damage enemy's chakra by 25 points
    Countdown: 4 posts
    Duration: 4 - 6 posts

A - Very deadly poisons that can often kill those most Shinobi very shortly after the intake. Only a select few gifted craftsmen can create these poison who have spent years studying the art. There are little flaws in their design, if any. These are very much meant to kill.
    Requires A Tier Intelligence to craft.
    Price: 50,000 ryo - 75,000 ryo
    Examples: Debuff any stat(s) by nine advantages | Damage enemy's chakra by 50 points | Permanently damage one stat by a full tier (victim must retrain damaged stat) | Asphyxiation leading to unconsciousness
    Countdown: 3 posts
    Duration: 6 - 10 posts

Now. Can permanently damage Stam, Perc, or Con by 1 Tier.

Up to -2 Tier debuff to Stam (and at C to B will drop Stam to or near Exhaustion once it takes effect.), Per (which makes combatting B Coord or Speed attacks near impossible to face), or Con (which make the user weak enough to be seriously injured easier.).

And at A rank an additional stat takes a -1 Tier hit.

No upkeep cost, no chakra drain. They are stuck with that until it wears off. Unless it's a permanent hit. And what'cha know. You can use multiple doses (you get a yield of 3) to make sure they get a -2 to that stat.

A Jutsu would require S rank Jutsu, 20 CP activation min, can be as high as 60 CP, with a 10 CP or higher upkeep. And can't follow a person into a new thread.

Which means you can effectively set it up so they are suffering in their next post or longer. Especially if it's a permanent stat loss. They are stuck getting 450 to 1900 XP to get back their stats.

Fuuin is the only thing that comes close, but that can easily be undone if a person either can or knows someone who can break seals.

----

But that's just poisons. Those buggers are expensive. Let's do drugs.

In defense of Chems. 75247367_522552218598984_608740936226177024_n

Spoiler:

Let's see here.
    C rank Chems can induce sleep. An A rank Genjutsu effect. With no chakra drain, and Minor Sensory Genjutsu effect for no chakra cost. And Int can't break it.

B Rank+ can lower a Jutsu's effectiveness, or make one more susceptible to a Jutsu Types damage. Again without a Chakra cost or upkeep. Allowing the person to have them at the mercy of their Jutsu that attack that weakness.

Can cause paralysis.

Can attack the emotions of a character. Hitting them in the one thing their stats can't save them. Their emotions.

And best of all, you only need B Int with the UA to be able to craft S drugs.

Which can lower 2 stats by 2 tiers, and 1 stat by 1 tier (or vice versa boost it rather than debuf.) That's 2 S ranks and a C rank with no Chakra cost, can follow you or the target through threads, and can at B rank + outmatched most S rank Jutus. Sure it takes a small count down, but with proper symptoms as the drug takes affect, you can wreck all sorts of hell.

And then all you need is the armor, or the skill at setting things up, to wait it out.

Then they are as good as gone.
    --------

And we can't forget about Compounds.

Make explosives that match or outstrip what can be done with Jutsu. Add elemental effects, or special properties to the blasts.

At S rank metals or gems you can get cheap, but progressively more rapey special properties (because S int).

Can make things under S, that are specifically made to counter or amplify Jutsu of a specific type. By a specific level.
    -------

The only limits to Chems are a person's imagination. And as you can see. Chakra free, higher than any singular Jutsu can do, and can do things before a person can do the same effect with Jutsu.

Makes Chems more powerful than Jutsu.

Yes Jutsu (outside of Compounds which are faster than Jutsu) are faster.

But with the limited resource of chakra, the high CP price, and you can't carry an effect for free between threads. They are more expensive, more draining, and less versatile (they require greater drawbacks for the same effect, and need to be higher level) as drugs of the same effect.

-----

So as I said in chat. Chems are better than Jutus. The only advantage Jutsu have is they are instant, but at a heft price. Where as a D rank mission will get you a C rank drug or an A rank Compound. (Yeild of 3 for drugs. With Weaponcrafting, can turn 1 compound to 20 projectiles.)

Stats:
    updated:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

In defense of Chems. Empty Re: In defense of Chems.

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:35 pm

I can't imagine someone with only Chemistry beating someone with Tai/Nin/Gen assuming they have the same stats. I just don't see that happening. Maybe in theory Chems might be better but to say they stand alone as a fighting style doesn't make sense to me. I see them as purely supplemental and I have yet to see a Chemistry-only build that could credibly compete with someone who used Jutsu.

Village : Kirigakure

Post by Skull! Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Ok.

Post by Jess the Plague Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:42 pm

I mean just cause I can beat anyone using chems only doesnt mean they're broken yo. They need to be buffed.

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: D

https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3468-jess-the-orphan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:45 pm