Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Chinoike DLC Gone Wrong

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

Chinoike DLC Gone Wrong Empty Chinoike DLC Gone Wrong

Post by Hana Kaguya Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Alright fam, I've seen some crazy regs in my day but it had recently been brought to my attention of a unique addition to the Chinoike Clan. Something that would cause most people's hair on their arms to stand up by just breaking down the abilities. I'm going to boil these abilities down, point out some flaws, and hopefully appeal to have some parts rewritten.

This is the link to the clan I will be using for reference: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t164-chinoike-ketsuryugan

Binbōgami: This grants the user the ability to control and manipulate Bats on a massive scale. The user can passively manipulate up to 10,000 bats at once on a national level. It is assumed that every country has at least 10,000 bats in it at any given time. The user is capable of manipulating these bats to attack, defend, or otherwise behave in accordance with the user's will. However, the user can only manipulate bats within the country that they are residing. (Cost: 3 CP per post of usage)

Spoiler:

Alright so here is where we have our first problem. The user gets access to an infinite supply of your regular everyday bats. Except these bats are on steroids being B-rank Pets and fairly powerful. These bats can be FREE-FORM MANIPULATED for a mere 3 CP per post.

So, in short, you have an endless supply of B-rank pets at the tip of your fingers for 3 CP in every single country that you can control at 10,000 a time on top of your freeform Blood Manip and other clan abilities.

Janjanbi: The user's Perception automatically keeps up with their own Speed and Coordination. While their Perception of other people and objects may not be adequate, their ability to track their own movements without tunnel vision or blurring is absolute. (Cost: N/A | 500 Experience Requirement)

This is an absolutely PASSIVE ability (which only costs 500 EXP to unlock.) This automatically scales the user's Perception to their Speed or Coordination. You're essentially getting two buffs for the price of one. You can settle for B-tier Perception, which will cover most of your every day needs while hitting A-tier or S-tier Perception for your own abilities. It seems like a loophole around a static base Perception buff since it only boosts Perception in relation to yourself and your abilities, which is half the battle.

Mikaribaba: The user is able to passively manipulate the blood from their body to cross the blood-brain barrier with no adverse consequences. The blood then encapsulates the user's brain and is then invigorated with chakra. This creates a a protective barrier capable of utterly blocking foreign chakra from invading the user's mind. This ability grants an S-Rank "armour" which blocks Genjutsu from affecting the user. It can be weakened systematically by hitting with Genjutsu lower than S-Rank or cancelled entirely by S-Rank Genjutsu. The shield lasts for a maximum of 6 posts and after being cancelled, has a cooldown of 1 post. (Cost: 15 CP to Activate)

Talk about efficiency! You have an S-rank Genjutsu defense which costs 15 CP to Activate (which isn't even A-rank seeing as A-rank techs cost 20 CP) but lasts for an entire SIX POSTS. Wow! So that technique, which has no upkeep cost and lasts for six posts, must have a drawback right?

Here it comes: "1 post cooldown"

Mōryō: The user's blood takes on a poisonous and toxic quality. The user automatically channels the poisonous nature of their blood such that it harms specific enemies. All designated opponents coming into 10 meters contact with the user's blood reduces the target's Coordination by 1 Tier. The user can only poison up to 1 cubic ton of their blood at one time. The debuff lasts for 5 posts. (Activation Cost: 5 CP per opponent upon debuff connecting)

So this Blood is poisonous now, which has the effects of a C-rank Poison. However this Poison is super unique that it:

A.) Doesn't actually have to touch your opponent. Apparently it's Radioactive or something. You only have to be 10 meters from the Poison for you to get poisoned. It doesn't have to enter your bloodstream like a liquid poison, be ingested like a solid poison, or inhaled like a gaseous poison. It just does its work by being close to it. And seeing as the user's Blood moves at Speeds equal to their BASE Coordination now...hope you brought your running shoes or perpetually be at a loss of 1 Tier of Coor.

B.) This Poison completely ignores Constitution resistance entirely. So technically it has the Strengths of an S-rank Poison. Wowee

But let's not forget that this isn't the "maxed" version. This is the pre-EMS version, if you will. The user can sustain these abilities for 300 POSTS before suffering the negative consequence of their pre-EMS ability. I'm 100% certain there isn't one character with 300 posts on this site ICly, let alone serious combat posts which is where this ability will be more than likely used.

THE SOLUTION: Now I understand that this is a Restricted Enhanced State and should be relatively powerful. But let's not confuse powerful with outright game breaking. I'm unsure how this was approved as 'fine' but lemme tell you w'haut:

Binbōgami - These bats are far too capable. A single companion with these abilities are fine. I'd even say registering them as an A-rank Pet for a single companion would be preferable and allow telepathic communication be used for strategic use. But if you're going for quantity, the lot of them should be reduced to C-rank Pets, have lower stats, and amount limited to 100 per topic. I honestly prefer the concept of a single bat companion that is considered an A-rank pet with more perks and stats, but this is your clan so you do what you feel is best.

Let's not forget that the rank represents their Battle Value as well. As it's currently written, one bat is equivalent to a group of B-Class NPC.

Janjanbi - This ability is outright gamebreaking and unacceptable. You can honestly have E-tier base Perception, but as long as your Coordination or Speed is higher, your Perception will automatically level with it. It's a huge loophole around investing any EXP into Perception. Replace this with a Perception boost as normal.

Mikaribaba - This is a unique Genjutsu defense that makes sense, but lawd does it need a real weakness. Also, just bump it up to 20 CP instead of 15 CP. 15 CP is a thing of the past. But a Cooldown for 4 posts sounds reasonable considering you don't pay an Upkeep.

Mōryō - This should follow standard Poison procedures. It should be a liquid poison, and must enter the opponent's bloodstream via wound. Being within 10 meters of it shouldn't yield an effect. No poison acts like Uranium. Being a Poison it should also follow basic Poison Resistance rules in correlation with the opponent's Constitution. Likewise, it should also have a countdown timer and means to cure it like any other poison.

" They can activate the Hachidora Ketsuryugan up to 25 times. Each activation grants 12 posts of usage, it can be used for longer but once it goes over 12 posts then it counts as another activation." - This is an awful lot of use out of an unmaxed ability. Tone it back to 10 uses for 12 posts. This is far more responsible than 25 for an unmaxed ability.

I'm all for making Enhanced States powerful, and with my suggested edits they will be. But God Forbid this be the one that sets the trend for Custom Enhanced States.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Chinoike DLC Gone Wrong Empty Re: Chinoike DLC Gone Wrong

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:17 am

"So, in short, you have an endless supply of B-rank pets at the tip of your fingers for 3 CP in every single country that you can control at 10,000 a time on top of your freeform Blood Manip and other clan abilities."

These bats aren't very strong. They can easily be killed with an S-Rank jutsu tho. 10K S-Rank bats is less than 700lbs of matter there are S-Rank techniques that can hit far harder and more effectively. :[

"You can settle for B-tier Perception, which will cover most of your every day needs while hitting A-tier or S-tier Perception for your own abilities"

I disagree. If you go into a fight with any A or S Class character with B-Rank Perception you will probably get rocked with respect to being unable to track things that are not your own body.

The Genjutsu barrier is pretty good but its a severely nerfed version of Sucky Pathy but applied to Genjutsu.

And yes it can be used for a lot of posts because unlike MS it actually costs a Restricted Slot. EMS can be used infinitely as can Rinnegan. This has an admitted high cap but guess what? It should because its an Enhanced State Restricted.

"Janjanbi - This ability is outright gamebreaking and unacceptable. You can honestly have E-tier base Perception, but as long as your Coordination or Speed is higher, your Perception will automatically level with it. It's a huge loophole around investing any EXP into Perception. Replace this with a Perception boost as normal."

*^ Unnecessary. The Hayami does have a similar perk without needing to spend an Enhanced State Restricted slot for it and if someone tried to go with base D-Rank Perception on Gladius because of this Restricted, I'd wish them lots of luck.

I still think EMS and certain Rinnegan Paths are FAR stronger and more useful.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:18 am