Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A twisted reunion

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Village : N/A

A twisted reunion Empty A twisted reunion

Post by Sero Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:58 pm

The mountain tops held the cold of winter to them so high above the cave of monsters. Wind howled as if it screamed at those who trespassed this high into the mountains. The cold biting as it chilled the very bones of any creature wandering too close. Typically only things with fur coats meant for the winter traversed here. Or beings that did not mind the cold but cherished it. Such beings some feared and some loved but this one in particular was more withdrawn. For all the power she held over them she did not enjoy the company of humans. She sat on a council that ruled over an entire land. Or multiple lands depending on which territories they claimed. However seclusion was her chosen ally all the same. Sayuri was not a simple one to reach out too and most people avoided these heights out of fear of freezing to death or worse falling into a chasm and being left to the beasts that hunted here. Perhaps even starving to death. None of this perturbed the being that walked up the mountain now however. As he seemed to glide along the snow he left a trail of melted water from his passing revealing grass only seen normally in the spring and summer.

The being moved with heat pressing back against the howling winds. The clouds casting dark shadows that seemed to dance after Sero as he moved. A fog blanketing behind his path as it too seemed to follow him. Created from the melting snow in his path and cutting off vision from below him. Sero himself was wearing his typical white pants and long white coat with a high collar V neck black shirt underneath. No shoes adorned his pale feet nor gloves on his pale hands. Yet the cold never reached him. If anything it was like a furnace was gliding up the mountain steadily. His blue hair matched his cold blue eyes as he walked. A pack of wolves trailed him for a bit as the considered if he should be hunted. However he would pause for a moment and turn his head to glance to them. Cold blue eyes watching and daring them to try. Their tails tucked and their ears laid back before they retreated. All they saw in those eyes was death. On instinct alone they knew that attacking this thing was foolish. They could not survive it. Nor did they dare to follow him further up the mountain.

Sero would spot the ice castle quickly as he progressed upwards. Heading straight for it. His path marked clearly as the snow that threatened to touch him turned to nothing but mist and joined the thick blanket trailing behind him. However as he got closer the snow in front of the castle would shift and rise. A great being of ice like the one he had witnessed before would rise up and bar his path. Towering over Sero as it slammed its fist down. It could sense danger from him and was not intending to let him pass. It would lower its head down to Sero on all fours before opening its maw and letting out a roar that had they been lower on the mountain may have caused an avalanche. The echo spreading across the mountain tops. However Sero would stand his ground. The whites of his eyes turning black as a low growl picked up in his own throat. Much quieter but those eyes...they stared into the eyes of the beast before him. This construct with such simple directives. His eyes would stare into its and it would stop its roar and hesitate. This was no human before it. Something else within it instinctively told the construct it would die if if stood against him. The only thing keeping it in place was its loyalty to its mistress. It would die for her. If only to buy here mere moments.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Sayuri
    Sayuri

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: I take payment in blood

A twisted reunion Empty Re: A twisted reunion

Post by Sayuri Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Sayuri was busying herself decorating her ice castle. It had been her favourite project as of late, and she took great pride in the intricate and delicate designs that were part of the walls, floors and various furnishings she had made out of ice. She had created a Sentinel to guard the outside of the castle, she doubted that any wolves would come up this far again but if they did there would be icy death waiting for them. She was concerned about people. It was a hard thing to hide, a castle made of ice on top of a mountain. So she knew there was a chance that there may be those curious enough to brave the trek to investigate her creation. And as much as she wanted to, she couldn’t just eviscerate every person that wandered too close to her. So she left a Sentinel on patrol in the hopes that most wouldn’t wander too close, deciding that it was better to appreciate the ice castle from afar than tangle with a monstrous ice entity.

So when she heard her Sentinel roar she was filled with an interesting mixture of emotions. Immediately she was exasperated as it meant she now had to stop what she was doing and go check on the beast. Having to engage with an intruder however filled her with excitement, it had been too long since she had played and her fingers curled into claws as she set down a small figurine of a rose made of ice and hurried to see what the commotion was.

Had her Sentinel allowed Sero to approach closer to the castle, Sayuri would have known who it was immediately. The aura of fear was the best indication she had for his near silent presence. Seeing the strands of blue hair, her eyes would light up and she would gather the skirt of her white dress in her hands and rush towards him happily. As she passed her Sentinel she would pat it’s leg and command it to stand down. “Frederick, no. We like Sero, he’s allowed to be here.” This particular Sentinel was not any different than any of the others, she just named them all Frederick, as she found giving them a ‘people name’ made it easier for her to converse with them. Not that they ever spoke back, but they would attentively listen to her until she tired of it. ‘Frederick’ would stand down, visibly relaxing his spiked arms and lumbering back towards his patrol.  

Her long white blonde hair was loose and fluttered in the wind as she approached Sero, a wide smile on her face as she greeted her friend. “Sero! How nice of you to visit me! Welcome to my ice castle, and this. . .” She would gesture behind her to the ice forged Sentinel “. . .is Frederick. He doesn’t mean any harm, he’s just protective.” As she spoke she continued to advance, her bare feet leaving tiny footprints in the snow and as soon as she was within ten meters of him her facial expression changed. She had been happy to see him, and there was still happiness written on her face but with it her cheeks had flushed and her pupils dilated causing her white eyes to look jet black, like what one would see in a drug addict when they received their ‘fix’. Adrenaline coursed through her as fear overtook her senses. She had not spent much time with Sero since Azrael had fallen ill, he usually calmed her with scenes of blood and violence, now it was just Jareth and her will alone that were the barrier to her desired carnage. She wanted to rend and tear and kill. In her mind Jareth tried to soothe her, not wanting what could be a powerful ally to him to suspect the true depths of her madness. ‘Slowly, my Queen. This man is your friend, we mustn't harm our friends. We will hunt later.’

The haze of red that had filled her vision dimmed and she would look up at Sero with a less manic smile. “Please come in, what brings you up the mountain?” She would turn and gesture for him to follow her indoors.

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:31 am

Sero would pause in his approach. He did not fear this creature but he was here as a social visit and not on his usual business. He need not scorch the mountain. Still he would not stand down before something attempting to intimidate him. When Sayuri appeared his blue eyes would shift to her as he waited. She appeared joyous to see him which he found left some strange warmth in his chest. Odd but to be ignored for now. She would rush to him with her hair blowing in the wind, His first action was to restrain his katon energy. She preferred the cold so it wouldn't do for him to have her melting around him. The snow around his bare feet still melted and he didn't seem inhibited by the cold but she wouldn't feel the heat without touching him. For someone of his nature it wouldn't do to allow the cold to hinder him. His blue eyes did not however notice the change in her eyes and voice as she got closer to him. Enough for normal conversation. Which was far closer than the average person was willing to come. Unlike others she seemed to feed off the fear he induced.

Still it wasn't his intention to break her of that. If anything having someone who could reside close to him was an odd comfort. Frederick went lumbering on his patrol at her command yet Sero would let his blue eyes follow the creature as Sayuri invited him inside her castle. Creating a creature was impressive enough as it was. Creature being used in the place of construct. Yet if it was true that it had a personality instead of a simple directive....well than her powers had increased substantially since the discovery of the cave. Still he would remain quiet until they were within the walls of the castle. Simply observing in silence as they walked. However despite his restraint his body kept a high temperature. He wouldn't damage the floors due to the difference in power being used but there would be small puddles where he walked quickly being frozen over again. He would pause at a frozen rose as he looked it over. His blue eyes calm and emotionless before he spoke. When he did his reflection in the ice almost looked as if it were a vibrating shadow of something much larger. Spreading across the walls and ceiling like a shadow of a large...fox? Something with five tails at least.

"I came here to congratulate you. After the disturbance at the gates I was unsure whom I would have to deal with next in power. To see if they would use me or condemn me. Now that you have such power and influence though I have come out of the cave. It is time I emerged from the shadows. With your assistance if you will. The Hozuki clan is without leadership and the nightmare brigade without a home beyond a cave. Will you discuss this future with me princess Sayuri?"

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu

Post by Sayuri Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Sayuri was pleased as punch that Sero had come to visit her, she had yet to show anyone her ice castle and it was fitting that the first person to see it would be him. She would dance as she walked, spinning and gesturing magnanimously as they entered. She noticed the warmth around Sero and she couldn’t recall if it had always been like that. She didn’t think so, that didn’t sound right. If it had he probably wouldn’t have warned her to be careful with her ice around him. With the social grace of a bulldozer she would point at Sero’s bare feet and comment on it. “The cold doesn’t seem to bother you anymore. That’s good. That means you can spend time here! Or anything else that I make for that matter, and it won’t hurt you.” She was genuinely pleased at this revelation, she didn’t want Sero to be cut off from a part of her life that was so intrinsic to her entire being.

Once they were inside she would crouch and follow the edge of the monstrous shadow that she saw emanating from Sero. “This is new too! I like it. Who else knows you have it?” She knew exactly what it was, having spent so much time with Arisu and Kitsuki discussing the intricacies of Bijuu. With a hint of boldness she would move closer to Sero for a moment, attempting to touch him briefly, to truly appreciate the newness of the power he held. Once Sero began speaking, Sayuri would perch herself on a nearby chair made of ice and listen intently, her eyes still appearing black as she was well within the radius of his aura.

She was surprised to hear him congratulate her, she wasn’t sure that she’d done anything in Kiri lately that was worth congratulating her for. Except help to improve the divide between the other two princesses. But that was not common knowledge, nor did she want it to be. It was difficult to manipulate people if people knew games were afoot. “Thank you Sero, that’s very kind. In truth my appointment to partial leader of the village was sheer luck. It would seem that fate has an interesting plan for us. I would love to discuss the future, what did you have in mind?”

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Sero would listen as she spoke. She seemed aware of the changes in him rather quickly. Though she seemed indifferent for an explanation as to how. Nor did he seek to explain it. The power within him felt a great deal more private to him. How it came about and his consistent struggle with it. How it had unlocked his katon element and brought him to a new stage. Still her concern for who else knew drew his cold blue gaze as he responded. "A man named Madrigal sensed it within me but he seems more like a patriot than most. He will not cause any trouble unless ordered to do so." He would continue to follow her through her creation until she settled onto an icy throne. He would not sit himself but instead set about looking closer at the ice castle and what all the structure held. His attention turning back to her when she spoke of having come into power mostly due to luck. Blue eyes studying her black ones as he seemed to ponder before gliding back over to her and settling to stand with his hands behind his pack folded. He was silent for a time before he would speak once more.

"The council that you have become a part of holds both influence and power. Perhaps even more so than the Mizukage did alone. I have had time to regain my strength and study the world of clan politics. It is time I no longer reside within the shadows to spare the masses my presence. I do no seek to freely walk the streets of the village. Too much panic would arise. However the Hozuki clan is now without leadership. I have a birthright to claim it and the power to hold it. If the council supported my claim the clan would have no choice but to accept it. From there it would be a simple thing to establish the nightmare brigade as a legitimate armed force of the village proper. Openly used as the harshest punishment on our enemies. Using them as an example. Most do not wish to rule through fear but none can deny that it is a powerful deterrent. In summary if you support my claim to head of the clan I will help establish order and eliminate the councils enemies for their crimes. In such a way that no others would dare rise to defy the nation. Only those criminals most deserving of it though. I will not be used to murder a young man or woman simply for stealing bread."

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:09 pm

Sayuri’s eyes lit up with recognition as Sero mentioned Madrigal, she had been the one to personally bring him to Kirigakure not long before. She wasn’t worried about Madrigal telling anyone of the power that Sero held, killing him for his indiscretions would be disappointing, but an easy task. She knew that Sero was more than capable of defending himself against those that came for him, but she still jealously guarded the first friend she ever made.

Sero was stoic as ever as he spoke of his intentions for both claiming leadership of the Hozuki clan and establishing the Nightmare Brigade as an official unit within the Kirigakure military. Sayuri loved almost all of it. She was still of the opinion that no one was innocent, and that everyone was deserving of punishment in some manner or other. However she was as yet unwilling to debate the issue. It was easy enough to adhere to Sero’s request without causing conflict. With a sweet smile she would address his concerns. “I will gladly support your claim, I doubt you will receive any resistance as the previous clan leader is now in prison for crimes against the nation. Whether or not his crimes were malicious or the product of being manipulated is still under debate, though that matters little to me. With one of the members of the Triumvirate vouching for you, they should feel lucky to have you. As for the Nightmare Brigade, I had already planned on adding them officially to the military. Kirigakure is in need of someone or something to control its apparent lack of respect for the laws of the nation. I am disinclined to oversee that justice directly as my own sense of justice apparently differs greatly from the ideals of the other two princesses. You though, I feel that you would be perfect for the role and would aid me in securing my position in a more. . . permanent way. I would greatly appreciate your strength where my own fails.”

As an afterthought she spoke lightly. “And worry not, my dear Sero, you will have significant say in what operations the Nightmare Brigade carries out. If stealing bread is not a crime you feel is worthy of death, then the bread thieves will be allowed to live.” She grinned as she spoke, she was not intending to mock him, but she did find the example amusing.

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Sero would listen in silence as he looked over the ice flower before him. Another decoration she had set to crafting within this fortress of hers. He made no expression as to whether he was pleased or not. It was difficult to read him usually for those who didn't know him. However Sayuri knew he spoke his mind and meant what he said usually. He had little to no interest towards playing mind games to begin with. Still she spoke and he listened. Careful not to interrupt her. She was technically his superior now though he didn't seem like one to bow and scrape. Nor had he bowed when he entered or thus far. Instead she would assure him she would support his claim. Covering the status of their last clan leader. As for the Nightmare brigade becoming a faction of the military before he had even asked....he would glance to her with cold blue eyes. Staring at her as he kept his thoughts to himself. Their was a shift in power and the fact was she was looking to make her claim to power permanent. For a moment Sero wondered if she would manipulate him for her own gains as other humans did.

However she would give the final decision of the operations of the nightmare brigade to him. Trusting in his sense of justice over her own to please the other two princesses. Already he knew Kit would be against this but he did not care. There was a purpose to his life. Diamonds were forged under pressure and stars could only be stars once they burst into fire. For the criminals of the kingdom this meeting was marking a new dawn. Blood soaking the ground to make way for fertile soil. Under her rule and his hand bodies would be buried in rows. He would simply nod at the mention of bread thieves being allowed their lives. As if he did not catch the tone in her voice being amused. His expression rarely ever changing as always. Still he would speak up once more.

"Once we are established recruitment will also be up to me. I will not take anyone who is not ready to slaughter all who brought upon themselves our wrath. Death is our business and we will not tolerate survivors of our target group. Anyone who joins must be prepared to put down a great deal of bodies. In time our influence will convince many to leave our borders for their crimes instead of chancing our shores. Pirates....bandits...slave traders. Their blood will be the ink for writing tomorrows future. This I promise you. If you support this they will call your rule The frozen blood crown. If you have any reservations about this, now is the time. Once the cogs begin to turn there will be no turning back. After all there are those out there who are concerned for how you may have changed since meeting me. Your cousin Mitsuo included."

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:33 pm

Sarcasm once again seemed to pass Sero by and she received not even a half-smile for the effort she gave her joke. With a slight shrug she would stand and begin pacing around the large throne room. She didn’t like the idea that her and Sero were anything but equals and sitting in a throne was not how equals were made. She moved around idly as she listened, she liked his speeches, they reminded her somewhat of Jareth. Or perhaps Jareth reminded her of Sero. Either way, the two were equally dramatic despite having differing moral centers, and she found it comforting.

When he mentioned Mitsuo she would pause mid stride and turn to face Sero directly, her eyes wide. She hadn’t seen her cousin in many years, and the last person she expected to have spoken with him was Sero. More importantly, it appeared that Mitsuo had been relieved of his illness. With a beaming smile she rushed up to Sero, her voice higher pitched than usual as questions poured out of her. “You saw Mitsuo? How was he? He must be better then if you could speak to him. Wait. . . if you were. . . where was he? And what do you mean people are concerned with how I’ve changed?” What had started as excited and happy ramblings quickly shifted to suspicion and defensiveness as the implication of accusation hung in the air. She was happy to hear of her cousin, but she was less happy to think that anyone that she cared for might take issue with her as a person.

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:34 pm

He would watch her walk around the room until he mentioned her cousin. For but a moment he noted her excitement until she noted the end of his words. He was silent for a moment as he observed her. After all she was in a position of political influence and he would be soon as well. Though not on the same level. He was studying how she acted so he could act that way as well. If he were to succeed he would need to be as respected as he was feared. However her emotions he would find a difficult time replicating as he did not typically have his own beyond anger. Still there were a series of questions to answer. Still he remained perfectly still and never seemed to blink. Only his lips moved when he spoke and his blue eyes followed her. Always following and never blinking. He didn't need to as his body was water so his eyes did not dry out. Still he would answer her questions.

"The man seemed well enough to me. If not passionate about his beliefs. He was searching near the cave for you and found me instead. The training grounds nearby is where I met him but he was searching for you specifically. As for the change...change comes to us all. However he and others remember you as you were before we met. A quiet and gentle creature that had not yet come to understand her power. Now you stand at the head of a nation creating castles and beasts of war from ice. This is a dramatic change from their memories and thus concerns them."

Finally he would turn to move to one side of the room and touch the wall. The heat from his chakra keeping the frost from forming on his fingers as he would trace the Kanji for her name idly as if he too wished to decorate the place. Leaving his mark there on her creation. It was hard to tell why he did this. Perhaps he wanted to join her in creating something or perhaps he just wanted to mark it as her property. However he did not ask....only did. Once he was done he would lower his hand and look it over.

"However to me this is only a natural part of your growth. The world is cruel and dark and the innocent do not thrive. Time and fury changes us all. You met me and thus were forever changed. Mitsuo holds me responsible of course and I have no desire to battle with one of your kin. So I urge this of you. True strength comes not from taking lives but knowing when to spare one. When you direct me as your hound of war....Know I will never knowingly target innocents. Our blood lust rocks this nation already at its foundation but it must be directed properly in order for us to be champions instead of villains. As for the other matter of the Hinode. I will need paperwork I believe to be established as the new head of the clan."

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Sayuri relaxed somewhat as Sero explained how and where he had met Mitsuo. A million possibilities had run through her head, and most of them were not good. She grinned at Sero’s comment about her being a quiet and gentle creature, she knew it had been true, but she also knew it had not been true for quite some time. “I suppose I have changed, though I don’t feel that it was sudden. It took years, and in that time you were the only person that remained throughout it all. It is why you are my closest friend Sero, despite anything that has gone on, you’ve always been here.”

She watched with curiosity as he moved to touch the wall and made his mark on the icy wall of the castle, the kanji for her name. She would walk over and gently trace the mark he had left, giving a nod of approval. He began to speak of her growth and her cousin again and she would scowl as she let him finish, taking note of the more bureaucratic request lumped in with his speech. “You describe my change as growth, essentially a good or powerful thing. However others would say that you are responsible for it, still taking away my power. As though my power is not my own. It is maddening you know, to be overlooked, ignored, dismissed as powerless. I am not to be ignored or forgotten.” Her voice rose in pitch and volume as she spoke, the passion of her anger bleeding through into her words.

‘Be calm, my Queen.’

At some point during her small outburst she had summoned her frost talons and they curled viciously into the wall. Jareth’s voice in her head did soothe her and bring her attention back to the present and away from those in her mind and memories that she wished to make suffer. She would stare at the claw marks she had left in the wall for a moment and then turn her gaze back to Sero’s unblinking blue eyes, lowering her hand but not dismissing her talons. “I can assure you that I will not direct you to target innocents, I understand the concerns you have, and while I do not necessarily share them I will respect them. As for the Hozuki clan, yes there is some paperwork involved, but that is a simple matter and I can have that drawn up and sent to you whenever you wish.”

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:15 am

Sero would listen to her explanation of how maddening it was for someone to claim her power as the result of someone else. Perhaps that was true. He had only opened the door and encouraged her to step through. Never expecting what some would consider a fall from grace. However to him this had risen her to her current station and when she moved she did as he did and glided along. Truly there were only monsters this far up the mountain. His cold blue gaze would shift to her ice claws. Along with the destruction they had wrought upon her walls. If they could dig into ice they could dig into flesh as well. Still despite her anger he would remain calm. He did not fear her for she was his only friend in the world. One did not fear or hate friends. At least that had been his understanding from all the books he had read over the years. In his seclusion he had dreamed of friends and hadn't even recognized it at first....out in the woods dying of thirst. Exhausted when a little woman had offered him something as simple as a flake of ice to wet his tongue.

She would visibly calm and he would remain silent. His hands folded calmly in front of his person. She had different views from him but would respect his it seemed. A mature solution. After all he would be her right hand once the division was founded. Along with giving her the resources of the Hozuki clan...a founding clan. Perhaps in the future he would set his eyes on the Kaguya as well. First though there were those within that clan he needed to find proof of their crimes. If they had sentenced him to death for being born as he was....they had done similar to others. It was simply a matter of time before he discovered proof of the truth. On that day blood would flow. Until then he was but a servant of the nation. One with influence soon enough but he didn't intend to flex it directly. He would leave any extra resources or influence the Hozuki gained him to Sayuri. Still she promised him the paperwork whenever he wished and he would glance back the way he had come. He was eager he noticed. He saw a way to move forward and the support to do so.

"You're power is indeed your own. I did not gift you the talents you were born with. However as your cousin mentioned some would say I opened the door to a different you. One who could rend destruction much easier. I did not grant you power but if you were to ever utilize it in a cruel way....it will be my name whispered harshly in dark corners with silly politicians. If it wasn't for Sero they will say. Our fates are intertwined ever since that day in the forest. Just as they will whisper my name if I step out of line they will question why the princess has a rabid dog on her leash. Humans are rarely happy in my experience. Still if you do not mind enduring a break from your work I would have us go to the village now. It is time I am no longer a myth in the woods to scare disobedient children. I will walk with you down the main street of Kiri to the administration building if you will have me. I will be known as a being of truth and justice today in the village you run my queen."

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:20 pm

After the voice in her mind had managed to soothe her, Sayuri would lovingly trace with a single ice talon the kanji that Sero had created on her wall. She found the movement calming and the significance of the mark itself was important to her. As Sero spoke of the perceived connection between the two of them, and the repercussions that may have should anything untoward occur she would nod in agreement. There was no way around it now, the two of them were linked in a way that could not be undone. And as ever Sero was the calm and guiding voice that noticed the phenomenon and drew her attention to it.

She didn’t like being told what to do, how to behave or what to wear. It was why she lived in an ice castle now, it was why she had chosen to live with Sero in a cave when they first met.

It was why she never wore shoes.

Sayuri had discovered that she was chaos incarnate, and until recently that had not been an issue. If anything, it had been a freeing revelation for her. But now that it seemed clear that her actions, the things that she reveled in as her personal freedoms, may adversely affect her friend. . . she had to consider how best to handle that. She didn’t want anyone looking down on Sero for anything that she did, even if she saw nothing wrong with what she did.

He was right, humans were rarely happy. They spent so much energy pretending to be things that they weren’t, just so that no one judged them. They lied and cheated and murdered their way in and around problems that could have been easily avoided by just existing as they were meant to. By being genuine to the core of their beings. It was a concept she felt she understood quite well, she had spent most of her life wrapped in the lie that was quiet servitude. Not doing as she wished just to ensure that she didn’t rock the metaphorical boat. That lie that she told herself, that she was weak and scared and helpless, had kept her trapped in a lifeless purgatory for far too long. And now between Sero, Azrael and Jareth she felt that she had come into her own power, that she was finally a real person. No longer the shadow that had existed before.

--

She was wrong of course, not that she knew that. There were those that did; her family, her cousin. . . and most of all Jareth. Jareth knew better than anyone how weak and scared and helpless Sayuri was, and he preyed on it. The fear and anxiety, the constant seeking of the approval of others, that had been the stepping stone. The first time she had killed had been another. From that first crack in the thin veneer that was her mental wellness and up until this point, Jareth had been laying the groundwork for his end goals. He had needed something fragile, someone with just enough fear to cling to the thing that would keep them safe; him.

Like it was scripted, she had been afraid and had just enough innate power to draw his attention to her. And like a knight in shining armor he had swooped in to offer her comfort and security. He had taught her over time that she could trust him, that he wanted what was best for her.

That she needed him.

It was perfect. And so ingrained in her now that he doubted anyone could tell the difference between him and her. Or that there even was a ‘him’. It was why he sought to alienate her from most friendly relations, it was far easier to keep up the ruse without the influence of too many people. He did, however, approve of Sero’s influence. He could appreciate the nod to the power the woman had obtained, to the calm and reasoned view of the world and how it worked. Jareth did not want to steer her away from this one, so he allowed her to maintain her friendship without filling her with suspicion and paranoia regarding Sero’s motives.

--

Sayuri would look up and smile at Sero, her eyes a strange black with a layer of frost on them as she used her hyoton. “Thank you Sero, you really are my friend. I don’t want to have people judge you harshly for anything I do, and I will endeavour to not allow that.” Not allowing that probably meant punishing those who would dare to speak ill of her friend, but she didn’t think that needed to be said. As he mentioned wanting to go the village she would gesture towards the outdoors and begin moving, happy that he was finally ready to be among the citizens of Kiri. She would pause briefly as he said ‘my queen’, turning her head towards him with a strange smile on her face. A look of curiosity and approval. Many had called her their Queen, but until now, not Sero. She thought perhaps she should say something about it, but thought better of it. The truth was, she liked the honorific and hearing it from Sero somehow made it mean more. She continued outside and down the mountain into the village, assuming Sero came along, otherwise she would wait for him to advance further. “You will be known as a being of truth and justice Sero. And I couldn’t think of anyone better suited for the tasks that lay ahead than you.”

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:37 am

A twisted reunion 6cca8e03806414759b6bdbfeb8c916b7

Sero would watch her trace the Kanji quietly before she would turn and head for the door. Already intent to go and visit the village. A part of him felt a flare of emotion. Curiosity? Excitement? Aside from the hospital district he had never seen the village. He had stood at a distance observing clan compounds and even then their sensory nin would lose their shit over him if he got too close. He did not wish to spread fear to the innocent beyond what was needed to keep them from choosing a wicked path. He was to be the example of true justice and the executioner for the village. His whole division was. However if he was to see the village for the first time he would need to contain his aura some. Typically anyone anywhere near him....even just line of sight could sense how much of a dangerous beast he was. Still as he contemplated this he would quietly follow her out of her castle and walk beside her. Two sets of bare feet in the snow. One spreading frost and the other melting a path as they went. Neither seemed even slightly perturbed by the snow around them.

She would assure him that she would endeavor that none would speak ill of his name unjustified. Those were not the words she used but it was how it translated to his mind. Nor did he disagree with her assessment that he was the most suited being in the village for the role of the head of the nightmare brigade. However the two of them were all that was present with one sick and the other having lost his mind and attacked Sero. Sayuri had so many responsibilities now with the village it felt like he stood alone again as a force against the evils of the world. He would need to recruit soon. He would turn those blue eyes and nod to her without any change in expression. He never seemed to smile or show any warmth but surely Sayuri knew it was his way. He was a quiet being that focused entirely on his powers growth in order to best serve the people of the village. They called him monster but he did too. Still he didn't pay others much mind nor did he seem sad over it. Just a creature humans failed to understand as with all things.

His eyes would fall upon her ice sentinel as he paused in their walk outside. It simply stared back at him but something was interesting. It didn't seem to follow nor fade away. She must have found a way to make it permanent. Perhaps she could do the same if provided with something similar. He would pause in his walking to speak once more. "A gift for you if you can make it permanent. Another guardian of the gates." It was quiet but he would turn from her and begin to form hand seals. Dog, Tiger, monkey, horse, hare, bird, Ram, Ox and finally snake to amplify the technique. Quietly he would hold his hands up in front of him with both palms out. From his palms an assortment of bones would pour forth into the snow and slowly form together to form a fifteen meter tall bone golem with a frightening appearance. Once it was done he would wait for her to deny the ability to make it permanent or make it permanent at which point it would fall under her control. Loyal to her since as she had said he could trust her with his power to use it wisely. And this would help protect her when he could not.

With that done regardless of if she would make it permanent or not Sero would nod before an idea struck him. With a breath he would shift to liquid form and visibly shrink down as the water focused inward before forming into the form of a black cat with blue eyes almost glowering at anything he looked at. Gracefully he would shift and hop onto her shoulder easily. Careful not to dig his claws in or burn her. Sero would settle there seated as he spoke to her while staring straight ahead.

"In this form my aura shouldn't go beyond ten meters in total. Nor will people be struck with a sense of fear from the sight of me. If anything the village will likely assume I am some sort of summon of yours. Summoned to guard you against any light threats. It should make navigating through populated areas more functional."

Jutsu used:

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Sayuri followed her friend out of the castle, only pausing as he did near Frederick. She knew that despite his lack of the usual external cues, he was most definitely her friend. He didn’t smile or laugh or do any of the other things she saw people do in friendly situations. But he did care, she’d seen it with her own eyes. The first day that they’d met he had saved her life. And in her mind there was nothing more caring than that. He had risked his own physical safety to ensure hers. He had even let her live with him, he had warned her of the danger of his aura. All things that, to her, proved his friendship.

And now he called her Queen. And even presented her with a gift. She marveled at the bone golem, walking up to it and placing a pale hand against the even paler bone. Turning to look at Sero her eyes lit up with delight and a wide smile formed on her face. “Thank you, Sero! This is wonderful. I shall name you. . . Cayde.” The last sentence was said to the bone golem as she channeled a significant amount of chakra into where her hand lay, binding the creature to her will and making it permanent. It was the most amount of chakra she had spent in a single technique and her usually pale complexion turned to wax at the strain of it. Leaning heavily on Cayde for a moment she would turn a weary face back towards Sero with a smirk that should have been a smile but halfway through she ran out of energy. “Now Frederick can have a friend too.” She would then move over to Frederick and repeat the same process, binding the Ice-Forged to the present and essentially making him permanent. Looking at her two guards she gave them orders with a voice that left no room for argument. “Patrol this area and keep it safe. Any intruders are to be restrained until I return to punish them. Or killed if that proves to be impossible.” She knew Sero would probably not like the idea of her ordering everyone that came up the mountain to be killed on sight, so she amended her usual orders for the time being. If necessary she could adjust them later.

When Sero shrunk down and formed himself into a black cat with blue eyes, Sayuri shrieked with delight once more. She was utterly thrilled as he leapt up onto her shoulder and settled himself, clearly intent on riding along while she walked. Sayuri had never had a pet growing up, probably should have so that she could learn about mortality and the like, but her parents hadn’t liked the idea of her growing too attached to something. They said it would make her weak. Maybe it would have, and if only she had had a cat or a dog as a child she might not be so hellbent on destruction and chaos now. Instinctively her hand would rise as he spoke to touch the cat’s fur, it was what one did with small animals. She would pet him only if he allowed it however, withdrawing her hand at the first sign of discomfort from her amorphous friend.

She would nod knowingly and then remember that Sero was now sitting on her shoulder and likely couldn’t really discern her facial expressions or the like from where he was perched, so she spoke her thoughts aloud as they walked down the mountain and into the village. “I don’t think anyone should bother you anyway. Your aura is nothing to be concerned with and it doesn’t hurt anyone. But I don’t mind you being a cat or looking like my summon. We might even be able to play some tricks on Kitsuki this way actually. Have you met her? She could use more tricks, she’s so. . . stern. Absolutely no sense of fun.” She would keep up cheerful banter as they made their way to the Mizukage complex. She had promised him paperwork, and that was where it was usually done. So unless he redirected her elsewhere, that’s where she would head. It had been a while since she’d been in the office, and there was a cup of pens to knock on the floor.

Technique Trained:

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Sero would settle where he was in silence. Payin no mind to her reaching out to touch his fur as he had no understanding of pets or petting. Animals actively avoided him normally no matter the cost. He was capable of capturing bats, owls and other such messenger service animals and command them as he liked but he had to capture them to do so. Typically with the paralysis technique. Still he could feel it where ever he went. The sensation of fear all around him. It wasn't an assumption. Sero could actually sense it. He did however take notice of how weary she appeared to be after making both constructs permanent guardians of her castle. Choosing to have people detained until she returned or killed if they sought to force the hand of the beasts. His blue eyes would look to the two as he considered this. His own construct was not known for its intelligence. A sheer force of destruction as was most of his techniques. Still he paid it little mind as well while they walked down the mountain towards the village. His goals were on his mind all the same so he didn't much care about what route they took to get there.

Aside from that Sero had never been in the village proper outside of the hospital and his escape from there. His blue eyes would look around as they walked to wherever Sayuri was taking him. Anyone who stepped within ten meters quickly reacted as a startled rabbit might and moved out of the way. However eyes watched Sayuri warily instead of him for once. This cat form might be a useful thing for him. Still he would look around and memorize everything he could as they walked. People were interesting when they weren't trying to kill you. And despite the fear aura he gave off people were bowing in respect as Sayuri passed. Perhaps once he was a clan leader he would get the same respect. Instead of being considered a monster. To be hunted and feared. He had not often seen this side of humankind this close up. Always through the hospital window from afar. Families with their children. Friends having a laugh. He had watched from afar for years knowing he was not part of that world. But he knew he would be the one to decimate anything that threatened them. However Sayuri would mention something as they got closer to the business districts and the office she was heading for. A name he was familiar with. Without a change in his expression he would casually answer her.

"I have indeed met her. She came once upon a time to the cave with a squad. Intent on forcing whatever monster was residing there into custody. I do recall her interrogating me with an arrow trained on me. I get the sense she would see me imprisoned or dead if she had her way. She is uncomfortable with how comfortable I am so close to the isle of whispers. It is part of why I am moving into the Hozuki district. She can monitor me closer while being unable to simply remove me in the night without an uproar."

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:38 pm

As she and Sero walked through the Village she was pleased to see the not small amount of fear that she was met with. True, the people were actually afraid of Sero, but as their small minds could not fathom that type of terror coming from an innocent looking house cat they directed their reactions to the only human in sight; Sayuri. And her gentle and pleasant smile only added to the trepidation. The feeling of being stalked paired with the sweetness of her visage was unsettling at best, but was clearly more than that as people scattered as soon as they were within ten meters of the pair. Within Sayuri’s mind she could hear a deep and malevolent laugh that grew louder the longer this phenomenon continued.

‘Soon, they will learn to fear you and only you, my Queen.’

Her thoughts were interrupted as Sero mentioned having met Kitsuki in the past, and that the meeting in question had been violent. Sayuri listened as Sero explained his reasons for wanting to move into the Hozuki Clan district and her face twisted into hard set lines and her eyes flashed in anger. It was only Jareth’s influence that kept her from reacting impulsively. Though he enjoyed her dark and passionate side, he knew well enough that this was not the time, or the place. And were she to start behaving erratically now, all of his work would be for naught. So with a soothing voice he whispered lies and platitudes into her mind, promising her the vengeance she sought if she would but follow his directions. Sayuri had spent so long under the influence of Jareth, that it was easy for her to see the wisdom in his words and she complied without complaint, trusting the man to have her best interests at heart. She would keep herself from screaming her reply, choosing to speak through gritted teeth as they continued to move through the streets.

“How dare she. I merely found her annoying and pretentious before, now there will be retribution. Fear not dear friend, you will not be so easily removed from this world. I will utterly destroy anyone that attempts to steal you away in the night like a thief. She will answer for this. In time. As much as I would dearly love to approach her now and peel off her skin until she regrets ever laying eyes on you, I will hold my peace. I think as you said, our fates are intertwined and I would not sully that. Though she will pay for her transgressions, take comfort in that. Live in the Hozuki district if you wish, but should anything untoward occur tell me. I will always be there to support and protect you. Especially from that bitch.”

Her words finished just before they arrived at the marble steps to the Mizukage complex, where she would nod at the posted guards and make her way up the stairs and through the doors. The guards were used to her unusual antics by now, and although they did not recognize the chakra signature of her ‘summon’ they knew better than to question her. You could see it on their faces as one made to stop and question her, but the other gave a knowing look and silently shook their head. Once inside she would allow Sero to either continue riding on her shoulder in cat form or return to his human appearance. Either way she would lead him through the winding and intentionally confusing hallways until they arrived at another guarded entrance, which Sayuri also walked past without being stopped. As soon as they were in the office proper the first thing the Ice Princess would do was walk up to the desk and grasp the small cup filled with pens and pencils and overturn its contents so they clattered across the floor. With a satisfied sigh, Sayuri would carefully place the empty cup back on the desk where it had come from and sat down after pulling out some paper to begin crafting her newest declarations.

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Sero would remain quiet and in cat form as they entered the facility. His blue eyes observing all of it for the first time. There had been missions assigned to him but he had never stepped foot inside this building. People were clearly nervous due to his presence but because Sayuri appeared to be the source of it they kept concerns to themselves. Still he would keep to himself all the way until they made it to the office and the door closed. Once they were alone Sero would shift and launch of her shoulders. Transforming mid air and stepping onto the floor as his original form. White robes cascading down as his water form created them. Giving him a regal appearance. His pale features marked with the blue hair and eyes. Still he would glance to the door. Waiting to see if someone would come bursting through. The clatter of pens on the floor would draw his attention however. Her own personal act of rebellion he supposed. Stil she would sit down and gather some documents before beginning on the paperwork that would determine the future of their great nation. If nothing else he was looking forward to that. However there was the first matter to discuss first.

"My queen if you would allow it, I would like to allow her relief from this transgression just this once. At the time I was a mystery and a danger by all accounts. Like myself she was merely doing her duty for the good of the nation. It is the reason I have not hunted her myself. If you can not forgive her I understand of course and will obey. However duty is paramount above all."

Of course Sero was the embodiment of a soldier. His loyalties to the nation were strong and some found him to be a valuable asset. Sadly most were ruled by a fear of him. He had not once moved against the interests of Kiri unless his very life was threatened as it had been with Madrigal. Still he knew others sought to take him down. He would forgive others who served Kiri their first transgression if they did not actually make an attempt on his life. However it would clearly not be tolerated forever. His steps he was taking with Sayuri was to ensure that an act against him as clan leader of one of the most influential clans could not simply be brushed aside. His enemies could not be so brazen as before.

Still Sero was known in the criminal underground as the end times. Pure death and destruction coming for them in the night. They feared getting too close to the village or crossing lines in case he may come for them. The nightmare brigade was designed to spread such fear. That those who would torment the masses of Kirigakure would know the terror they spread. With this new division within Kiri's armed forces a lot of bodies would be buried. In due time all but petty crime within Kiri would be unthinkable. Pure insanity to move against the interests of the nation. Sero would see to that.

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Sero never ceased to amaze her, and as he leapt from her shoulder and reformed into the man she had first met she would smile appreciatively. “You look good, I like the robes on you. Very regal.” Was all she said as she continued writing out the documents necessary to make the Nightmare Brigade official, as well as solidify Sero’s power as head of the Hozuki Clan. With a pen in her hand and her hand poised over a paper, she would pause and listen to Sero’s plea for mercy towards her fellow princess. He made an interesting point, not one that she cared for particularly, but interesting all the same. She was not interested in mercy however. Her thoughts were consumed with violence and torment and her own personal brand of justice.

No, there would be no mercy for Kitsuki Kurahasa. It had been a simple matter for Sayuri to see that Sero meant her no harm when she first met him in the woods. Yes, there had been fear, but she had never once feared that he might harm her. He had needed help, and she had offered it gladly. What had come of that one simple act, offering him water, was him saving her life. As much as he insisted that he was a monster, she knew he wasn’t. He was a powerful soldier, a loyal ally and most importantly; he was her friend. And Kitsuki had threatened his life.

’Killing her outright will cause many problems, my Queen. Her time will come, but in the meantime, how to keep Sero safe from her meddling?’

Jareth spoke calmly in her mind, and although she didn’t want to admit it, he was right. They both were, and it was frustrating. She wanted to make Kitsuki pay right then and there. She wanted to march out of the office, find her and flay her alive. ‘Maybe with an arrow. . . that would be fitting. . .’ But she knew that even if it made her feel better, even if it solved the issue in the short term, it would unsettle the delicate balance of power that existed in Kirigakure currently. Her only allies were Sero and Azrael. And Azrael was no help in his current state. She was working on obtaining a third, but how that would work out still remained to be seen. She needed more backing before she made such a bold move.

With a sly grin she looked over the papers she held, then stood and gathered a second set of documents. Looking towards Sero she would smile as she sat and began working on paperwork for claiming leadership of a second clan. The Kaguya.

“I will overlook her transgression for now, however egregious it may have been. Only because you have requested it. Make no mistake though, it is not forgotten. Someone in her position, with her morals, should know better. It occurs to me Sero, that you are not only a Hozuki, you are also born from the Kaguya as well. And it seems that there is an opening for leadership within the Clan. The previous leader. . . is no longer available. But you. . .”

She would stand again and move close to the blue haired man. She would look up at him as she formulated a plan to not only keep him safe from Kitsuki, but also to better establish her own power within the village, even if by proxy. “You could claim leadership of both. You should. There is no one better suited to it in my opinion. You have always been dedicated to the ideals that Kirigakure values most. Strength. Justice. Law. With you in charge we would no longer fear that the clans might rise up to destroy those ideals. Their previous leaders were either weak or criminals or both, they were executed or imprisoned for it. And you are neither of those things. You will have my full support of course, and any assistance you may require you need only ask and I shall grant it.”

She was being manipulative, he might even know it. Though considering how he viewed social interactions it was just as likely he didn’t notice. Either way, she wasn’t concerned. Her words and ideas were sincere, if incomplete. She knew that with Sero heading two Clans and an official section of the military that Sayuri would have a much further reach. She also was counting on the sudden revelation of the power shift to be some cause of concern for the Angelic Princess. A large part of Sayuri’s actions were meant to cause chaos and confusion for Kitsuki, to unsettle her and make her emotional. To make her doubt. Doubt was a powerful tool, and the more of it she could spread, the more power she could obtain.

Should he agree with her idea, she would fill out the rest of the paperwork and allow him to sign it to make it official. If not, she was more than willing to continue to debate the plan.

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Sero would watch quietly as she would write away at one document and even raise a brow as she collected a second. Curious as to what her intentions were. Her understanding of his request to leave Kit be over this one transgression would receive a bowed head from him. Her mercy recognized by the beast she brought to heel with something as simple as some water. One who served her still to this day for her act of kindness. The first act of the sort he had ever known. However she would mention the Kaguya in need of leadership as well and he would visibly hesitate. Straightening up once more as his blue eyes searched hers. A rare occasion for Sero to show hesitation and caution over much of anything. The Hozuki would likely not cross him as the worst crime they had committed against him was abandoning his mother. The Kaguya however had demanded his father end him at birth. The man had made the attempt but had failed as others stopped him. However it had caused Sero to spend two decades virtually alone in the hospital. They had let him be believing someone so crippled could not be a threat to them. They had been wrong.

Still he would look to her as she worded out her reasoning. He could see the manipulation there to convince him to her ideals of the clan leadership. He was aware of it and how it played to his values but he didn't see what she said as inaccurate either. He would need to practice self control to keep from hunting those responsible but if he were put in a position of power he would ....he wouldn't have need to fear them without political fallout. With his queens signature he would be placed above them and correct their wicked ways. Besides that they were perhaps the two most prominent clans in all of Kiri. If he did take power over both his seat would place his queen in even greater positions for her power moves. Perhaps eventually even taking over entirely. Besides that he had just gained her grace with one of the other two princesses. He would not deny her wishes when she aided him so. Aside from assassins this would leave him as equally protected as her. He could see how this politically turned the tables in favor of her and he would serve.

"The Kaguya hold disdain for my mixed blood. Fear of me and the work I do. However I will have them step in line and both clans resources and influence would be at you whim. Even I can see how this benefits our faction. This will of course open to the opportunity for spies from the other factions but I will remain vigilant. If it is your wish my queen I will obey and honor the position as head of both clans. Of which both will serve you as faithfully as I do."

All doubt would seem to fade from his eyes as he stepped forward. Collecting a pen she had used to write with and signing both documents simply as Sero. No last name written as it was more of a translated title anyway. The abomination. How a monster like him had gained so much influence was a mystery to most. To him though it was a vivid memory. A frail monster lost in the woods and a kinds unimposing girl with a little bit of ice for his parched mouth. From simple beginnings a power had risen within Kiri and now it threatened to take over all of it.

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:24 pm

After Sero had signed all of the paperwork, she collected everything and filed it away, sending off copies to the relevant clans. For the Nightmare Brigade she would send copies to both Princesses and all of Kiri’s military commanders. She was unsure how much anyone would balk at the idea, but it was difficult to sweep something like that under the metaphorical rug once enough people knew of it. The instructions regarding the Nightmare Brigade were quite clear; The subset of the ANBU were to answer directly to Sayuri and were led by Sero Jaakuna. They were given carte blanche to perform executions when Kiri’s laws dictated a criminal as irredeemable, and their actions were sanctioned so long as their targets were confirmed criminals in the Nation’s eyes.

Satisfied with her work, Sayuri would pull out the military logs and carefully pen the name ‘Sero Jaakuna’ into the ranks. She would have been perfectly happy to have Sero continue to work from the shadows, but she understood his desire for legitimacy within Kiri. He had spent most of his life unknown and forgotten by the Nation that had birthed him. With a smile she would stand and extend her hand towards the taller man, a symbolic gesture of her acceptance of him in an official capacity. “Welcome to the military, Sero. You are now officially a Genin within our ranks. No longer shall you be an outcast, you will be respected as a member of our troops, a Commander of the Nightmare Brigade and the Clan Leader of both the Hozuki and the Kaguya. Your service and loyalty are appreciated and will be rewarded. What can Kiri do for her most faithful subject?” She would hold her hand out to firmly shake Sero’s, though if he did not place his hand in hers she would bow formally instead. She understood that he meant no offence when missing certain social cues, and afforded him far more leniency as a result.

The Ice Queen:
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Sero Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:31 pm

Sero would listen to her speak once more after he had signed the papers and she sent out several notices. She had officially given him a rank within their military. Albeit the lowest rank available. He had not considered needing one before now but it was mostly just decorative at this point. He was the commander of the nightmare brigade and official now. As well as a lord over perhaps the two most major clans in all of Kiri. Answering directly to Sayuri. He wondered what she would do with all this new found direct influence. The new resources and influence at her disposal and how he would fit in. However it hardly bothered him at all. Instead she would simply inquire of him what he would ask of Kiri. He would tilt his head a moment in thought before bowing. Speaking in the same monotone as always.

"Kirigakure has already granted me so much through your command my queen. I need for nothing. So I ask for nothing. With your permission and grace I will no depart for the Hozuki clan compound and begin. There is much work to do and a great destiny ahead of us all."

Only if she acknowledged him and his request to begin would he rise from his bow. Turning on his heel and opening the door. Before in a swirl of black water he would become a black cat. As he left as the cat the guards would tense and look at him. However as far as anyone knew he was simply a summon of hers. So he would retrace his way down the halls she had taken until he finally found his way out. A simple black cat walking the roofs and avoiding the streets as he made his way towards the clan compound. His new home and where he would base his work from. He felt the bijuu stir within him before he calmed himself further. Control at all times. That was the way of his world. The Hozuki and the Kaguya would bow before him and thus dedicate themselves to Sayuri. There was a power struggle at play from the shadows. Only these were not cautionary moves they were making anymore. These were power moves. Soon he was sure he would hear again from Kit. But now he was protected by status. Even if he was still no match for her...he was someone now.

exit attempt
    11 posts at 10 exp a post = 110 exp

Stats

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Sero did not shake her hand, and Sayuri was not surprised. She would bow and he would bow back. It was a strange display, but one that she was accustomed to. With a smile she would look down at the bowing man and gently place a hand on the top of his hand and acknowledge his request. “Your destiny awaits, my dear Sero. Go then, build up your Clans and await my orders. And should you require anything, send word to me.”

She would watch then as he rose from his bow, turned on his heel and transformed into a small black cat once more. She would grin and close the door behind him once she was certain that he would make it safely out of the Mizukage complex. Once she was alone again she would pen a quick note, this time to her fellow princesses. She needed to meet with them, at least Kitsuki. While she had the power to promote Sero beyond Genin, she was not certain that that decision would go unchallenged, especially when Kitsuki was so determined to disrupt everything Sero attempted. She also assumed that being included in the decision would perhaps soften the blow that Sayuri had just dealt.

Sayuri was impressed with Sero, and evidently so was Jareth, as her protector had not interfered.

‘You like him.’

‘I do, my Queen. He is a physical guardian where I cannot be. He also treats you well.’

‘Don’t be jealous.’

‘How could I not be, my Queen? When you are the heart of my very existence.’

The smirk was unconcealed in Jareth’s voice, though she could not see his face at that moment and so did not see the truth in it. And Sayuri would laugh as she dropped the pencil she had been using onto the floor and sent out her notes to Kitsuki and Arisu. The last meeting the three of them had held. . . it had been more exciting than she had expected. She did not expect a reply from Arisu, as she was still out of the country, but it took little effort to send two letters.

[Exit Thread]

The Ice Queen:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 pm