Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Devils Advocate: Reunion

Shigo Kazehana
    Shigo Kazehana
    Stone Jounin Commander
    Stone Jounin Commander

Village : N/A

Devils Advocate: Reunion Empty Devils Advocate: Reunion

Post by Shigo Kazehana Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:45 am

Early in the morning where the sun was barely coming up, a soft breeze blowing through the air. Shigo sat in the middle of the stone yard, sand flowing around her like water would when being controlled. The fluidity of the sand acted as there were no separate particles from each other, all in one. Her eyes remained closed as she meditated, preparing herself for the foreseeable future and how to train the army of Iwagakure. Diana had mentioned possibly taking over as the Tsuchikage, which alarmed Shigo.

Another issue was Tadara and if he could be trusted. The outcomes were endless and each time would only lead her to anger. This wasn't about being angry, it was supposed to be calming. She would dismiss the thought and come back to it another day. For now she would continue to meditate and think of ways to improve the forces of Iwagakure, seeing as to how she could make them better and stronger. The time would come when that was needed. Shigo placed her hands on her knees and used her strength to lift her self up, coming immediately from a crossed sit and to her feet. Now was the time to learn the technique Diana gave permission for her to learn.

Following the designated handseals for the rock golem, Shigo would place her hands on the ground, feeling the earth form from under, slowly building this rock golem, putting together one leg at a time, then the hips and waist, torso, arms and head. The golem would mesh together, making it stick and collide, seeing the golem stand lifeless. The eyes would glow a bright white before fading, the chest of this golem raising and lowering as it began to breathe, signifying its life starting. This golem was large, large than Shigo and shigo was a tall woman at that. Her eyes looked the golem up and down, walking around and investigating the body, seeing of any imperfections. He'll, it was rock, some imperfections would happen. "I see.."

Learned Golem Technique

Training Jutsus:

• Stamina: B (A)
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: C

Attunements:
    Gourd of Wonders (Attuned)
    Magnetic Eye
    Devils Advocate: Reunion Cf538210
    Vax Kazehana
    Vax Kazehana
    Stone Genin
    Stone Genin

Village : Iwagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Magnet Release (Earth & Wind)
    Class: D
    Ryo: 50,000

Devils Advocate: Reunion Empty Re: Devils Advocate: Reunion

Post by Vax Kazehana Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:05 pm

Vax yawned as he rose from his bed left arm reaching up scratching his messy hair. The young man jumped down from the bed landing on his feet with a slight lean. He was still getting used to sleeping in a bunk bed here at the dorms. His roommate was already gone, probably being a lazy begger as always. He had never once seen the man do an honest days work in his life. It did not matter to Vax however for today he would be taking it easy. After dressing and catching a quick meal in the dinning hall he walked out the front doors into the Iwa sunlight.

He had only been a ninja a few years, and was a lot older than most the genin he knew. It was not his fault he never got the chance to learn and hone his skills. The past was the past however, he had not been a slave in four years. The village had welcomed him with open arms and he accepted their hospitality. He knew the blood that flowed through his veins helped sway a few of the higher ups into letting a fifteen year old become a genin. As he thought of it a small stalk of sand formed from the ground nuzzling up against him.

"Hello there friend i hope you are ready to see the village today." He could not help but talk to the sand, he had only just learned of his abilities recently. Sadly the sand was his best friend, most of the other youth at the dorms were a rough bunch. He could hear the fights at night and the screams of orphan nightmares. Vax had lived a nightmare himself one that he never figured would end. As he walked the streets his mind flowed like a river to the past.

He saw it all as if it were yesterday, the cuts, the beatings and... He quickly shut the last part out of his mind. He still flinched when a man moved to fast near him. His mind went back this time to screams, fire and the smell of death. The screams were not his, the fire he did not start. No it was a woman the pain on her face burned in his brain. She was the savior that changed his life, in all honesty he did not know who or how. For all he knew it was his own sand saving his life leaving a false memory of another. Turning a corner Vax stopped in his tracks, before him stood the woman from his dreams.

He was dumbfounded all the memories were real, he was not crazy like he thought. The woman stood there like an angel to the younger man. She had liberated him, given him a new life even if she did not know it. For a quick moment he hesitated before his mouth moved on its own. "Ane!" He did not know why he called her older sister but it felt natural. He took a step forward waving enthusiastically the sand around him rippling with excitement. "You are real!"

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 0
    Stats:
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: D+ (+ from lifestyle)
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: D

Link to Character Updates: Link
    Link to Character Application: Link
    Link to Known Techniques: Link
    Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Engineering, Kugutsu, Taijutsu
    Ryo: 90,000

Post by Nakaba Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:42 pm

Hell descended upon a man who'd left his family to aid a cause he followed because they made him feel good, like he belonged like his work was important. The hands of a blacksmith turn the wheel of a revolution that would bring down the powers that oppressed his home land. The hands of a blacksmith would forge a future for himself that none could take away. Women and men laughed in the smithy. They drank on the lines of the battlefield. They lay dead before force capable of controlling the earth and the air with the playthings he'd put in their hands, and when he got home all that was left was shattered glass and broken bone. No one could take that away.

Nakaba awoke with his heart fluttering and his breath ethereal. His skin glowed dimmer and dimmer as he calmed. He dispelled exaggerated memories and wounds that had festered into unrecognizable images. His breast grew cold again as he turned and looked out into the starry night. With a deep inhale he'd toss on his prison themed orange jumpsuit, and he'd cycle through some stretches. As the stars began to fade from the sky he'd start his morning laps.

He was already arriving up as the sun began rising and illuminating the Stone Yard. Approaching the Stone Yard and seeing a Kazehana, Nakaba decided that he would settle for training a little farther away. It may not have been his first time seeing this woman, but he didn't really pay her any mind hoping the favor would be returned. He recognized that they had lost so much just a short time ago when their clan compound was assaulted.

Iwas needed more ninja. That was why he was released early on good behavior, right? Reformation. Contribution. The genin would sit off and away from the Kazehana-nin creating some sort of clone, calmly focusing his chakra creating a mental image of his fight so long ago. A forge. Shattered glass. Burned Blood. Distilling the image in his head he would shape the chakra and cast Demonic Release: Hell's Viewing out at a training dummy. Forming an image of the dead now he casts again, Mist Servant Technique spread out of the center point with an empty wave of Yin Release. His concentration would waver and he'd dispel his techniques as a second Kazehana appeared yelling about reality. He'd drop his jutsu to make sure that he hadn't hit them. His mind wander more, I'm really not warming up at all. Now he was just watching the two  curiously.

Learning Mist Servant Tech & Demonic Illusion: Hell's Viewing

Last edited by Nakaba on Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stone Jounin Commander
    Stone Jounin Commander

Post by Shigo Kazehana Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:18 pm

Shigo's attention was cut off from the golem, her head turning to see a boy who would instinctively call her big sister in another language. Her eyebrow raised, crossing her arms and then noticing the sand swirling around the boy. Her eyes widened and her stance immediately changed from relaxed to on guard. "Who the hell are you-." She would ask the boy, her stance faltering as she grabbed her head. "Nnng..." Flashbacks would start, almost like switching channels on a TV. Fire. Blaze. Death... blood...

Shigo looked down at her hands and immediately looked around, seeing Sunagakure in flames, at least the area around her, her vision cutting off to seeing a younger boy, repeating the words that the man had told her. Who was he? Shigo came back to as her vision was swallowed In Flames, the screams fading from her senses, her breath becoming fast and uneven. She was sweating and she looked tired, not able to really form a sentence. "You-... why.." She stood back up, the golem coming to her side, this pressure coming off of her and onto the boy, her eyes wide. "Why do you possess my clans ability. I am the only one alive!" Matger of fact, what was that vision just now? Maybe Diana can help her later.. that wasn't the issue at the moment, this boy who possessed her ability was an issue. Diana told her she was the only one alive, so why is there another here? Shigo held her hand up, prepared to make an attack but instead it just stayed there. "As Jounin Commander of Iwagakure, I order you to explain yourself."

The other boy was no mind to her, letting him watch from a distance.

Attunements:
    Magnetic Eye
    Vax Kazehana
    Vax Kazehana
    Stone Genin
    Stone Genin

Character File

Post by Vax Kazehana Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:47 pm

Any hope Vax had that this would be a joyful reunion shattered like a clay pot being dropped on the ground. The smile faded from his lips watching her expression turn to one of horror. The sand revolving around him stopped mid motion as the fear took him. The woman stepped forward the tone in her voice shaking Vax to his core.

"My.. My name is Vax." Vax spoke through trembling words.

The woman dropped to her knees holding her head in her hands. He had no idea what was happening, everything seemed so calm until she noticed him. His sand shook in place of his body as his emotions overwhelmed the floating granulates. He wanted to take a step back, to run away, he had survived so much already. No.. SHE had saved him from his bondage, she was the reason he was still able to draw breath. She demanded to know how he was able to utilize the Kazehana clan's abilities.

"I am.." His voice trailed as he looked over to the golem.

The construct stood next to her dwarfing her in size. However he knew from first hand experience the chaos and mayhem she could cause alone. Her posture steadied as she declared herself Commander of Iwagakure. He could tell her resolve had been shaken, her eyes clouded by a past fear. He had lived that nightmare himself over and over every night since he had been given a bed of his own. The clouds had parted leaving her icy stare boring a hole through his chest.

"I... I am Vax Kazehana, born to sunagakure." Vax almost yelled his words. "I was taken as a child, used in more ways than a child should." Tears began to roll down his face, the dark memories he tried to hide away pouring fourth.

"I had given up my will to live until you liberated me Ane-chan" The last few words fell to a whisper.

"When you destroyed the Devil's Advocates you freed me. Opened up a world i had given up seeing again." As he spoke he raised his arms as if to embrace the world. The sand behind him opened as if trying itself to hug Vax.

"I owe you everything and more than i could every repay. I do not even know your name, however i do know that i am still learning how all this works as well." Vax said waving a hand, the sand circling his palm.

Stats:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:39 pm

Such an ill-fated reunion. Nakaba's eyes darted from one shinobi to the other. Clinching his own headband around his neck, he watched helplessly as the Suna-born ninja was obviously going through something. Maybe he recognized that look. It was a look he'd seen in his grandfather the day Nakaba abandoned his family. A look like a train colliding and colliding and colliding into you. Life wasn't easy for anyone who was from Suna, but that look... She needs to, the genin shifted to go check on the woman, but, probably unsurprisingly for a shinobi of her caliber, it would seem he was unneeded by The Jounin Commander of Iwagakure, Shigo Kazehana, The Stoneforged Mystic. These definitely weren't the circumstances that Nakaba wanted to meet her. There was a judgement call to be made these two seemed like they were having a moment, but, no matter who this ninja was, he was outclassed. Anyone wearing that headband was outclassed.

Vax. Vax Kazehana. Like they had their own vitae, his emotions danced in the movements of their clan's sand manipulation technique. with a likely exhausting expenditure of chakra it reached out, protected, hid, pleaded. Such heartfelt emotions were not lost on Nakaba. Devil's Advocates. His brain shuffled through mentions of idioms and discussions with previous contacts using context to try to pull more information. Had he heard the name in prison or maybe even from his grandfather? If so, in this important moment the memory didn't surface.

A bond incidental and forged from pain. Nakaba slowly stood up acknowledging that he had obviously been staring to hard at the two of them based on how dry his eyes were before the started watering. The woman in question was his superior by far, and to be seen slacking like this was probably not a good look. About facing like he hadn't seen or heard anything, because of course he hadn't, he would start running through kata with the  training dummy overlapping a 5 meter radius, keeping the other two out of its range, around him with Yin Release. The jutsu wouldn't activate, but the point of the training was to remain cognizant of it while he was breaking his opponent's guard and distracting them with his hits. A swift blow to the side of the figure's head. A second swift blow the the figure's shoulder. Just incredibly normal. Totally not eavesdropping he thought to himself, Normal kick. Normal Punch.

-3 chakra
    Learning Demonic Illusion False Surroundings Technique from the gen library.

Stone Jounin Commander
    Stone Jounin Commander

Post by Shigo Kazehana Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:33 pm

Shigo moved her right arm in front of her, her fingers spread apart, as though to drag something flat to the side and out of her way. "I know not a Vax! I am the last Kazehana from Sunagakure! I have no record or memory of this... Devils Advocate!" She would be on edge but in fact be on standby as Vax said his story, his feelings and emotions. While he spoke, her eyes would glare to the bystander who would turn and continue to do their training. Shigo's golden eyes moved back to Vax, her hands twirling and moving upward, the sand in her gourd coming out, spilling out like water, her eyes never leaving Vax. The sand was rigid but it began surrounding the two, the vision being impaired yet Shigo could still see where Vax was as it wrapped around him as well. 'If he's truly a kazehana, he'll have to prove himself.' She thought. Yet the other information, it wouldn't stick. She glanced to her hands, her vision flashing from present to a memory of her own hands bloodied and dried. Fire was everywhere, the smell of it burnt into her mind. The burning smell of flesh, the distant screams. It was a quick flash for her, lasting only a second before she continued to prep. 'Let's see what you can do.'

Shigo has initiated combat.

Attunements:
    Magnetic Eye
    Vax Kazehana
    Vax Kazehana
    Stone Genin
    Stone Genin

Character File

Post by Vax Kazehana Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:15 pm

Vax stumbled backwards as the woman before him seemed to prepare for battle. He had not wanted to fight her, in fact he had come this way to practice a few defensive jutsu. Vax thought quickly wondering what he could do to stop her from taking him down. His landed on a jutsu name he had put in the back of his mind for today. His hands moved slowly still getting used to forming hand seals. His sand just responded to him and it came easy, molding chakra through seals was a little difficult for him.

The library was quiet today, not a lot of shinobi or even normal villagers wandered the book shelves. His finger ran along the spines of many books as he quietly read the titles aloud. He tapped the crusty spine of the fourth book on the shelf pulling it free. As he opened the cover he could tell the pages were worn and well read. The book of Doton basics was a main stay he was told and would help him understand half of his magnet release.

Ox - Hare - Dragon, "Earth Release: Earth Shore Return!" Vax said as he slammed the palms of his hands to the ground below him. He hoped to trip her up or knock her off balance. He just wanted to give himself enough time to explain anything he could. He watched as the earth beneath the woman started to turn to mud.

Jutsu Learned:

Chakra - 110
    -5 Earth Shore Return

Final Chakra - 105

Stats:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:44 pm

A cold chill ran down Nakaba's spine as his fight or flight system activated. Visibly flinching, he turned to see Shigo glaring. S...Such an alarming presence. He could feel her warning not to interfere. Not that any interference he did would matter. Shigo's sand was different than Vax's. Naturally he didn't know its chemical composition, but he could tell it was abnormal. The way it flowed was too fluid almost like it was a liquid instead. With a sudden but subtle shift that seemed to change like it crystallized around them. Nakaba played a bunch of scenarios out in his head imagining the best wave out when a Doton jutsu erupted from the ground.

The beat of Nakaba's heart would change almost immediately. 10 points for not being tepid, but if the Jounin Commander is giving out free hands, I've got next. The intimidating presence did get his blood to start warming up. Nakaba wanted a good view since he'd never seen a Kazehana fight. How did they move the sand was it like the puppet tech? That couldn't be right. It was so fluid. Finding himself coming closer Nakaba would settle some 20 meters away, arms crossed and a mostly blank look on his face. He would patiently watch and wait his turn, suddenly less interested in the conversation going on.

[EXP- Break Point]

Stone Jounin Commander
    Stone Jounin Commander

Post by Shigo Kazehana Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:12 pm

Shigo scoffed, watching Vax use his hands to make a Earth jutsu, her head shaking and watching the jutsu come forth, her speed countering the speed of the jutsu. Childish behavior, this was not a Kazehana in her eyes. She wanted to see the sand move with his body, one with him, just as hers did, yet it did nothing. It would just be around him, mindlessly. "You are no Kazehana!"

Shigo would raise her hand and twirl her fingers in a circular motion, the sand from her Gourd forming to her hand and wrist, slithering its way down to her feet, applying a thin magnetic sheen on the bottom of her soles, increasing her speed by a tier and then some (1 tier and 1 advantage). Her legs would begin moving and from then, her body would disappear from Vax's sight, her eyes tracing him and where he remained, going at A+ speeds. She was mad but she needed to know if he was one. The only way was to push him to his limits. Now was her chance however. With her hands clasping together and pulling her arms back, a makeshift gauntlet would appear, primarily made of sand yet the knuckles would have a silver sheen, unknown material from just a glimpse. With this, she'd hold her arm back and once she got close to Vax, she would make a uppercut to him, square in the jaw, if it were to hut. The power behind it would maybe send him flying, but it would hurt most definitely. However, upon impact, Vax would feel a drainage of Chakra from his pool. This material was Sand and Chakra Draining Metal, allowing her to drain his chakra, little by little.

Jutsu's:

Name: Positive + Negative
    Power: Varies
    Activation Cost: 10/20/30
    Upkeep Cost: 5/10/20
    Range: Self/Others
    Speed: —
    Element: Magnet
    Skill: —
    Classification: Kazehana Exclusive
    Requirements: Magnet Release, Physical Contact for other people.
    Parent Technique:
    Hand Seals: Bird, Hare, Dog
    Description: Shigo will use her magnet release to put on the bottom of her nin shoes to make her skate across the ground without directly touching it. This gives her a +1(+) or 4 advantages in speed. Shigo can also place this on another user with a simple touch, whether it’d be a tap, hand shake or even a one tap, Shigo can transfer some of her magnet release to any target, granting them the 4 advantages as well. Shigo can place this on three people, including her self, the cost going up in rank (S max).
    Weaknesses: This jutsu relies on using the magnet sand to get around, so if an opponent disrupts the magnetic sand, it disrupts her movement. While using this jutsu, Shigo is also vulnerable to slipping and not being able make complete stops or precise movements. Preferred to use this in an open area. This applies to other targets as well. When Shigo gets to 50 CP, the first target to get this ability will lose it. Once she hits 30, the remaining targets lose theirs as well and Shigo becomes exhausted unless stated otherwise (A STA for example)

Name: Makeshift Gauntlets
    Power: Varies
    Activation Cost: Varies
    Upkeep: Varies
    Speed: Users Coord
    Range: Self
    Element: Magnet
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Requirements: Magnet
    Handseals: —
    Description: Due to the form of this jutsu, this is a semi permanent weapon that Shigo can form. As it hardens and solidifies with whatever material she uses, the gauntlets will take on the hardness and power of that material. What the material may be will also affect the activation cost. When activated, the gauntlets will form around Shigo, allowing her to perform harder hits, giving a bonus to her strength varying on the material it’s primarily made from. (It can have Tetsudashi and rock but whatever the user describes it being made from, it will take on the cost of it).
    Weakness: If the property is over written or hijacked, the gauntlets will be of no use and the materials will be lost for good.

Allowing Vax to learn Makeshift Gauntlet at a lower rank (B)

Attunements:
    Magnetic Eye
    Vax Kazehana
    Vax Kazehana
    Stone Genin
    Stone Genin

Character File

Post by Vax Kazehana Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:17 pm

He had hoped to slow her down, he could see the anger and a hint of fear from something in her eyes. As the mud began to form around her feet she seemed to step up and skate across as if it were ice. He had no time to react as she brought her fist forward covered in sand and metal. The blow struck him in the jaw his body being thrown back rolling across the ground. He felt drained of energy wondering how hard she had to have hit him for it to have made him this weak.

"I.. I just wanted to thank you Ane-Chan..." He spit on the ground more blood and a tooth than saliva.

"You are the liberator from my dreams... From my past." He struggled to his feet his sand forming a pillar helping him up.

Vax looked down and grinned, if this was his time so be it. However he would not go down after all this time without giving every last ounce of himself to the fight. Slowly the sand wound its way up Vax's leg reaching for his hand. Making a fist he imitated the technique she had just used.

"If you want to end my life then go ahead!" He stood straight his sand flowing around him as he spoke.

"I have lived a life I would never wish on my greatest enemy. I have survived the unimaginable and given hope... BECAUSE OF YOU!" His words broke hitting a higher pitch than intended.

Vax raised his hands fists of sand pointed to who might be the last person he would see in this world. His sand stopped circling him quivering in the air. If this was it he would show her that he was a true Kazehana and never give up.

"My name is Vax Kazehana, If I am to die this day then I shall at least give it my all." He charged forward on weak legs. He knew with her speed he would never hit her but would not just lay down and die. The sand around him shot forward streaking at the woman as he raised his first screaming in defiance to the face of death.

Jutsu Learned:

Used freeform (i think) for the sand to just shoot forward.

Stats:

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Nakaba Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:13 pm

Watching intently as the two of them began exchanging blows, Nakaba would remain neutral as Vax got decked in the mouth. He wondered for a few moments what the mechanism was that allowed them to move the sand around with just their chakra. As a few theories had just began to play through his head he was brought back to reality, not by the blow that Vax had taken, but the resolve that he'd stood up with. A hit that looked like it should have taken him out of the fight didn't put down the Kazehana. The younger ninja had immediately racked up points with Nakaba.

Gauging the pace that Shigo was moving at, frustratingly, it didn't look like he actually had a chance to win. He speed was simply outrageously faster than his own. He couldn't tell if she was using some kind of advanced footwork technique, but she almost seemed like she was gliding. Vax left no time to marvel though as he began imitating the more experienced clan member making a gauntlet of his own. With that jutsu and that foot technique alone, the ninja would become an incredible menace. Calmly staying seated, Nakaba would watch this bout eating up every piece of information. In his mind's eye three versions of himself began to crystallize into existence. Imagination would impose itself on reality as Nakaba would shake his hand and three afterimages would follow. He'd dispel the technique as the gears in his head began turning.

Learning:

Stone Jounin Commander
    Stone Jounin Commander

Post by Shigo Kazehana Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:52 pm

Shigo kept a straight face yet showed caution, her eyes keeping on Vax, her hair slowly flowing within the wind. His words struck to her, making her hold her head and wince in pain. Memories, static, feelings she doesn't remember. It all came in at once, but one things for sure, she had the feeling to believe him. "I.." She began to speak, her eyes opening up, looking upward to see a gauntlet like hers near her face, striking her nose, making shigo fall back. She held her nose as it bled, her eyes wincing, almost closed. Though she didn't yell nor shout profanities, she merely accepted it. It was true, he was a kazehana, a kazehana through and through. Kin to her as she was to him.

"I see.." She wiped her nose, blood still lslowly trickling down and helping her ownself up to stand as the boy looked to her probably in shock. "I apologize. I.. I have no memory of this event but.. I feel as though I should.. believe you." With her hands by her side, she bowed, an almost perfect 90° angle. Her head and upper body would turn right up and give the boy a proper handshake. "I'm sorry."

Attunements:
    Magnetic Eye
    Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin